[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start keto...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (38KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 300x200px
What can I expect?
>>
File: enlighten.jpg (92KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
enlighten.jpg
92KB, 500x676px
Day 1. Low blood sugar. Pissy mood.

Day 2. Glycogen depletion. Some cognitive setback due to hunger. Some start to stutter. Others have hard time to recall things. Noticeable weakness

Day 3. Start producing ketone. Mood slowly improving. Cognitive function returning

Day 4-6 continued recovery strength returning. First notice of body weight down. Water weight dumped

Day 7 and onward. Increased cognitive function. Increased strength and stamina. Noticeably lower body fat. Better mood due to stable blood sugar levels.

Day 30 onward. Joints and ligaments strengthened due to the higher levels of Hgh available in ketos. Way more strength in support muscles when doing unnatural movement. Explosively noticeably up. Try messuring 100m sprint and box jumps for this.
>>
why don't you just lose weight normally you corner cutting manchild

the atkins diet is for 50 year old women who can't do it any other way and then gain 100lbs after they quit
>>
>>41266379
Day 9. Learn you defsies have Crohn's and Keto is killing you.
>>
Honestly, I didn't really feel anything. No keto flu or anything and my ketostix said I was in it. Remember, you won't magically lose weight, you still need to count calories. Also, if you do stupid crap like drinking bacon grease you won't just lose weight because there's no carbs. Just like IF(which IDK actually does anything) keto is just a tool to keep your appetite at bay.

I also felt no benefits, honestly. The only thing different was that I basically never needed to crap. IDK, maybe I wasn't doing it right.
>>
>>41267009
Much appreciated m80
>>
>>41267532

You got da Crohns?
>>
I've an inherited tendency towards hypokalemia (thanks Mom) and had ordered extra supplements. They got delayed in the mail (thanks USPS) and since I'd already bought them, I stupidly decided to be too proud to go buy some from some place local. Brilliant, right? Don't do that. Have them on hand before you start. The 12 pounds I lost in the week weren't worth two days of a racing heart.

And don't tell me to "drink pickle juice" because I did damn it. The pickles are dry and gross now, thanks. So are the olives. EVERYTHING I put in my mug tastes like bone broth, too. I don't wanna talk about the pink salt grinder. It won't make eye contact with me now.

Giving my defective body time to replenish itself, and then trying again. And overdosing on the electrolytes from minute one. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>41266379
Don't forget to eat fiber my man or you will be taking massive shits.
>>
>>41266379
Depends on how dependent on carbs you are. The first time was terrible and I quit. The second time was uneventful because I learned how tethered to carbs I was and stopped.
>>
10 days keto here, no keto flu here but I drink boulon cubes and salt my food with diet salt (for potassium). No mood swings to report, I feel pretty full so that my hungry is gone, still have cravings but I can control that so far. My lifts have gone down hill though, I've gone from 215kg 1rm on deadlift 2 weeeks ago to 180kg today, and that felt heavy as fuck. Lost 2.5kg as well but probably most of it is water.
>>
Been on keto here for about a month. Anyone here tried the low-carb bread products like Great low-carb Bread Company or Thin Slim foods?
>>
Is there a /fit/ approved guide to keto?
>>
File: downloadfile-3.gif (978KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-3.gif
978KB, 245x300px
Tell me more about how carbs are evil HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>41266379

Prepare to spend an ample amount of time on the shitter.

Don't engage in any kind of sexual activity during the first week or so. On my first week I was hooking up with some Tinder fluid druid and I could feel my asshole winking. I faked a nut after four minutes and then destroyed her bathroom.
>>
>>41266379
Why not just go on a low carb diet ? Sure more proteins and a little less carbs is the way to go. keto doesnt sound too appealing.
>>
I accidentally ate 50 grams of carbs the other day.

Fuck my life man
>>
>>41266379
>What can I expect?

Eating too much protein to kick you out of ketosis.

People here seem to mix up low carb diet with ketogenic diet.

All low carb is not ketogenic, but all ketogenic is low carb. This is the basic rule.

If you eat too much protein -> you´re kicked out of ketosis. Too much protein acts essentially the same way as carbs (even though not comparable to something like white sugar)

Ideally, ketogenic diet is 70-80% energy from Fat. 15-20% from protein and the rest from carbs that are in vegetables etc.
>>
File: IMG_5198.jpg (78KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5198.jpg
78KB, 500x393px
>>41272209
jesus christ
>>
>>41267009
pretty much this.
The first three days feel exactly like having a night job while going to school/day job. You're constantly tired and your ming feels hazy, it gets better after the first week.

I would also strongly recommend magnesium/sodium supplements. I experienced continued cramps in arms, thighs and upper back until I started supplementing with potassium, then everything fell back in place
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.