[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

behind the neck press

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: manliestlift.jpg (60KB, 525x300px) Image search: [Google]
manliestlift.jpg
60KB, 525x300px
Daily reminder that behind the neck press is the most superior exercise for shoulders.

>b-but muh injury

If you are intelligent enough to not fucking hit anterior delts 4x a week you will be fine. Have fun with your dumb bells.
>>
>>41265137
Tendons aren't innervated and don't feel pain.
Enjoy your rotator cuff impingement, uneducated faggot
>>
>>41265137
the one exercise i'm avoiding
>fuck OP
>>
File: 1477290474755.jpg (25KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1477290474755.jpg
25KB, 500x381px
>>41265137
>the most superior

This exercise is as good as your grammar
>>
>>41265137
I'm a supporter of BNP, but I don't advocate it unless someone is able to do shoulder dislocations with something closer than a snatch-grip, you've also gotta keep the weight relatively low. I personally haven't ever done, nor do I ever plan to, use more than 95 pounds when doing them.

Dips and BNP get a lot of hate. I mean, yeah, from a "functional strength" standpoint there really is no reason to do either, but both when done properly work great for building muscle and will help to give you strong and healthy shoulders. Or you could just do some external rotation work like your Ts and Ys.
>>
>>41265320
I am able to do shoulder dislocations with significantly closer than snatch grip, and I still think the risk:reward on this exercise makes anyone who isn't an Olympic athlete that does it borderline retarded.
>>
>>41265264
>what are rotator cuff strengthening exercises
>>41265316
strawman
>>41265320
I agree, they are great for building delts. I have been having great results using low weight, though I typically use 135-145 6-8 reps. I also do them seated and make sure never to go below my ears, also

>shoulder dislocations
>>
>>41265419
>you can avoid tendon impingement by "strengthening exercises"
Wow.
This is quite possibly the stupidest shit I have read on /fit/

Congratulations
>>
File: 1480652820697.jpg (6KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
1480652820697.jpg
6KB, 248x247px
>tfw not intelligent enough to not hit anterior delts
Why even live bros?
>>
>>41265476
It's funny because you can train front delts as frequently as you like, as long as you train rear delts as frequently
>>
>>41265441

If this is the stupidest thing you've seen on /fit then you haven't been here long enough. If you do not go below your ears and keep the ROM shallow enough, while maintaining good posture, you will be ok. Fuck heads who have terrible form and go all the way down to their traps/shitty posture are the ones who sustain impingement.
>>
>>41265513
I don't think Bradford press is considered btn
>>
>>41265137
my external rotation sucks donkey balls so I can't do them.
>>
>>41265534

Bradford press is switching the bar back and forth between the front press position and bnp position AND you rest it on your traps...
>>
I BTNP three times a week, 185 for 3-5 sets of 3-8 depending on how I feel. It works, it's driven up all my other lifts including my strict OHP, and I've experienced no injuries for the entire year I've been training it. It's a magnificent lift.
>>
>>41265599

Probably my favorite lift next to BB rows. I think people read all of the sp00ky stories posted on body building forums about bnp. My theory is they do it with improper form and thus sustain injury.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.