[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fdg/ - /fit/ dad general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

There was a good thread the other day about staying /fit/ as a parent. I was the anon who's going to be a dad in two months time and got some good advice.

This thread is about advice for parents. Work out routines for limited time, like 3 days per week and general bants about family.
>>
I'll use my kids to do drop sets on some exercises like pushups and skull crushers. I can get a workout in and they are entertained. I usually work out at work but want them to see that fitness is fun and essential. As a former fat kid and want to make sure they learn early about taking care if themselves.

My oldest got me back into working out after getting out of the Navy. We were sitting on the couch and she mentioned how my boobs are as big as mom's.

I have around an hour at work so most of my workout are superset so I can hit a different body part and cut down on rest time.
>>
>tfw 24 kissless virgin but my fatherly instincts are kicking in

ill probably nut in some first chick that will fall for my dick and regret it right after but what the fuck do i know.

Lately i spend a lot of time with my nephew and at first it was awkward but now i kinda enjoy it, teaching him things and stuff
>>
I have a three year old. Hasn't really affected my routine.
>7 wake up
>9 office
>17-19 gym/boxing
>20 home
>kiddie time
>read if kid sleeps first and I'm still not sleepy
>weekends/holidays kid and baby mama goes to baby mama's place, still get to play guitar

What's it like having a functioning family?
>>
>>41261073
>We were sitting on the couch and she mentioned how my boobs are as big as mom's.

Did you backhand that little bitch?
>>
>>41261374
No it wasn't meant to be mean just a legitimate kid question. Made me take a hard look at myself though and how fat I had become.
>>
>>41261374
I hope you never spread your seed
>>
One of my fitness and parenting goals is to always be able to OHP my daughters.

How can I make sure my strength gains keep up with their growth rate?
>>
File: 1484368181837.jpg (150KB, 1000x889px) Image search: [Google]
1484368181837.jpg
150KB, 1000x889px
>>41261279
You stupid selfish narcissistic cunt. You brought a child to the world without being in a stable relationship?

You deserve to be burned alive.
>>
>>41261279
>baby mama
lol fag
>>
>>41261875
http://physiqonomics.com/the-myth-of-milo/
>>
I lift 2 times a week and try to get 10,000 steps a day. Been drinking less beer and eating less fast food. Kids are 4 and 1 so they keep me pretty busy but despite that I was surprised to see I had not lost a lot of strength and will probably set a DL pr in a month or two. My daughter wants to work out with me: "when I get older, im too little now dad!" we keep the kids active at the local park so it is my hope we stay a /fit/ family.
>>
>>41261996
Congrats bro. Are you married? Age of you and your wife?
>>
>>41261875

True story:

>Tutoring a kid from the neighbourhood
>Go to his house, meet his family
>Dad: middle-aged Chinese doctor, kinda reedy
>Mom: thicc/fit Chinese MILF
>Sister 1: looks 15
>Sister 2: looks 8
>Kid
>Family invites me to dinner, sit at the table
>Sister 1: Wow anon you look like you work out a lot!
>Feelsgoodtobetheking.psd
>Sister 2: pick me up!
>Not sure how to handle this. Figure I might as well have some fun
>Spend the next thirty minutes OHPing LMAO1CHINK, lifting the sisters off the ground and holding them overhead
>They're loving it, so am I
>Sit back down, Mom scoots her chair closer to mine, squeezes my shoulder
>ShewantstheD
>Look over at Dad
>Eyes narrower than usual and fuming
>Didn't get invited back

In conclusion: make sure you can at least lift your kids so they can mire you and not the studly tutor.
>>
>>41261875
I've been doing this with a nephew. He's 11 so it's going to get real in the next couple years.

I work out at lunch for 30 minutes max and do minimalist strength workouts inspired a lot by Dan John's "Easy Strength" articles.
>>
>>41261537
Kids can really get you like that. Just that pure innocence to force you to see things objectively.
>>
>>41261279
the kid ain't yours and everybody knows
>>
>>41261996
OP here, this is seriously what I'm hoping for. Thanks for the inspiration.
>>
>>41262033
I am married, I will be 30 in June and my wife is 25. She does some yoga and we both fell for the fitbit meme (i got a voucher through work for them) and she gets in over 10,000 steps a day.

>>41262157
Not going to lie to you it is very hard to get the time in when they are baby babies, like 1-4 months. Unless you have a home gym of course. Once things normalize you can get right back into it, thankfully my wife likes me strong and is very supportive of my lifting goals.

It is a good life and it looks like my kids are on track to be tall and wide (I am 6'4 and broad), so i hope they will take an interest in lifting or at least a sport.

Good luck with the kids and many happy returns.
>>
OP, get a simple home gym. I have a baby and a two year old so most of my workouts happen in the basement after I put the kids to sleep. I'd of course rather be in the gym but I value the time I spend with them after work.
>>
>>41261931
The feeling when your dog looks at you like that.
>>
>>41261073

Post your wife, faggit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.