[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to wear gloves to do compound barbell excersises?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Is it okay to wear gloves to do compound barbell excersises? Can I bench/deadlift squat with them?

Reason is because my hand/palm gets painful most of the time when I do those excersise and I thought wearing a glove would prevent the pain.
>>
>>41260447
A glove won't matter unless you're concerned about blisters, peeling or callouses. If your palms are hurting from the weight that means you're probably lifting heavier than you should be
>>
No, gloves are for pussies. There are kids in my gym that wear gloves to do curls, literally embarrassing.
>>
>>41260454

Callouses, that too. I wanna wear a glove to do pull ups at home too because those really make callouses damn painful.

Is that the case? I'm not really lifting heavy, I'm just a skele starting out and benching 99lb already makes my palm hurt.
>>
>>41260454
Thats not true in the slightest.
I have soft pussy hands that hurt but yet I can hit a 2pl8 bench easy
>>
>>41260500
some of us just have soft beautiful hands that are the envy of most women. Ignore the haters bro wear gloves.
>>
>>41260538
I wish someone had told me that at the beginning. I used to have beautiful pianist's hands and now they're fucking ruined with callouses.
>>
>>41260538
>>41260527

I don't care how my hand looks, but the problem is i play piano/guitar and it's important that my hands don't hurt or get injured. I have a bit of trigger finger now, sometimes my pinky gets "locked". I was thinking if wearing a glove would solve this problem.

I don't want to use them to curl or anything, just for the compound stuff..
>>
>>41260562
a glove isnt going to stop the kind of injury that would affect your piano/guitar playing

they're just to help avoid callouses and blisters
>>
>>41260595

Then I'm fucked ain't I? Is this a problem with grip? What kind of grip should I use on the bench/dl.. basically how do I hold the bar so I don't fuck up my hands?
>>
>>41260447
i have to be completely honest, I judge people who wear gloves harder than I do fat people
>>
>>41260603
usually when im gripping the bar i put it in the crook between my thumb and index finger and then curl my fingers around the bar. helps keep it in the right place in your hand.

It's weird to explain but i would recommend looking up some videos on youtube about it.
>>
>>41260447
Sure and while you're at it use a pussy pad for squats and a belt for deadlifts
>>
File: grip.png (2MB, 1116x1301px) Image search: [Google]
grip.png
2MB, 1116x1301px
>>41260632
>>41260603
here i tried to draw a diagram
>>
>>41260603
Starting strength has a few paragraphs on how to grip
But how the fuck could you mess up your hands with a barbell?
I've been playing classical guitar for 5 years and lifting for 3 and never had a single problem with my hands.
>>
File: grip-02.jpg (296KB, 1116x1301px) Image search: [Google]
grip-02.jpg
296KB, 1116x1301px
>>41260651

This is the part where my hand hurts, for some reason I grip almost the same way though.
>>
>>41260694
im not sure then, m8. A glove wouldn't solve this issue, i know that much, but otherwise im not entirely sure what would.

sounds like it might be something to do with nerves near your pinky, since you mentioned that it sometimes locks up
>>
>>41260711

Yeah might be something with my pinky, not sure how to solve it though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.