[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxing at home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Mayweather.jpg (63KB, 634x452px) Image search: [Google]
Mayweather.jpg
63KB, 634x452px
/fit/, what is the best source to learn how to boxing at home? I don't have any gym near my house that isn't full with Jeffs and grandmas
>>
>>41244977
Your form will be shit and everything you will learn you will learn wrong, so either learn properly from the grandma gym or do nothing but learn shit habits by yourself
>>
>>41244977
https://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/how-to-box/the-beginners-guide-to-boxing
This site should teach you the basics, then look up some youtube videos for footwork, and make sure you're punching and dogind well. You will need gloves, hand wraps and a bag/wall to hit, and you NEED a friend or someone to do it with you, as getting hit/dodging is half the sport, and something you need to learn to deal with.
>>
>>41244977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHF44-EWReA

I doubt you want to go pro so this will teach you speed and accuracy. It will put you at an advantage in street fighting since most people dont have any training and just flail hoping for the best.
>>
>>41245052
Shut the fuck up shill. Many a boxer have learned the sport without needing to spend money on trainers and shit.
>>
>>41244977
You can hit the mits, heavy bag, speed bag, shadow box all u want but without actually sparring you'll never improve. Just get someone to spar with.
>>
I>>41244977
This was probably Floyd's best performance,a alongside with the beatibg he put on corrales. sure gatti was over the hill but floyd came out to destroy him. I miss pretty boy floyd, didn't really like his style after 2007 did enjoy him schooling Canelo though.
>>
>>41245228
sparring is an absolute must, you can't go without it or you'll simply never learn to box

its as good as practicing tennis at home
>>
What do I do if I'm scarred to spar? I used to box but I always got nervous when we started sparring.
>>
>>41245228
No boxers worth a damn learned by watching youtube you fucking autist. They may have learned the sport but any boxer with a coach would kick their ass.
>>
>>41245313
Spar with someone you know you can beat, it can be a friend with no boxing skills at all just practice on them. Practice dodging,countering, learn how to time your punches. As u get better spar with better people and keep improving
>>
File: 1350023887667.png (302KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1350023887667.png
302KB, 479x479px
>>41244977
>full with Jeffs and grandmas
>>
We have one single heavy bag and speed ball at my office gym so naturally I just started laying on them for an hour including rest.
I don't know you or anyone else but I personally enjoy it far more than jogging as far as cardio goes.

I've also been getting noticeably more tired when I get home, and can easily fall asleep unlike when I was only jogging where I didn't feel exhausted at all.

10/10 addition to lifting weights, just be careful not to injure your wrists.
>>
>>41245313
At the gym I'm at they keep you completely safe when sparring for the first few times. It's likely you're too shit to do any real damage to your opponent your first time sparring so they'll have the guy sparring against you play real defensively and let you get used to it.
>>
File: canelo combo.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
canelo combo.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>41245292
THIS THIS THIS

Hitting the bag making sweet combos is a whole other world compared to someone that moves around and can hit back.

My distancing was so shit the first time I sparred. Both tiring throwing meaningless punches that missed. Second time I improved a lot from my mistakes.

Feet get you where you want to go and always keep your hands up.
>>
>>41248465

You never got into fights at school? I was well seasoned by 8th grade. Growing up in Chicago would do that to you though.
>>
You'll never learn any martial art, including boxing, on your own at home.

Having said that, if you practice on a heavy bag, and work on your form, you will at least get in good shape and be able to maybe punch someone without missing or breaking your fist.

Here are the best DVDs and books:

Anything from Rossboxing.com (he has old pdfs you can find online that he doesn't sell anymore)
Title boxing DVDs
Kenny Wheldon DVDs
Experboxing.com
Boxing fight analysis on Youtube
>>
File: 1487912694555.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1487912694555.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
>>41245313
Harden the fuck up?

It's just sparring. You're not going to get hurt badly unless you or your sparring parter are retarded
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.