[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flexibility - splits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (30KB, 236x322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 236x322px
Can you do the splits anon?

What are the most static stretches to achieve the splits and kick higher?

I'm stretching everyday at the moment but I always get bored after a few weeks and give it up.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>41242822
I really need someone with experience to tell me if i can do splits ever i'm 28 years old, if It is a possibility how long will i need to practice to do a split
>>
Bumping for interest. Must increase hip mobility and power like a flexible super beast.
>>
>>41243052
Trust me, just start now.
You can make it bro.
>>
>>41243052
This is the best chance you'll get anon. Start now, it'll only get harder for you.
>>
File: buakawhighkick2.jpg (32KB, 398x395px) Image search: [Google]
buakawhighkick2.jpg
32KB, 398x395px
>>41243066
I'm never sure if what I'm doing is working. I don't feel like I'm progressing
>>
Is it me or is /fit/ having a lot more flexibility questions lately? Maybe it's just the baader meinhof phenomena since I've recently gained interest in flexibility.

Might as well ask here, is 20 or so minutes of daily stretching enough to eventually do splits?
>>
>>41243341
This is my first day on /fit/, I couldn't tell you.

I think that's good. I know more is better but I don't know if you can overdo it. Some people recommend 1hour if you can. I personally do probably 20 minutes per day but I'm trying to get a better schedule to do more.
>>
Check out Kelly Starrett and his mobility wod videos. Go to the library and get his book Becoming a Supple Leopard. Doesn't teach you the splits but it will teach you a lot about mobility.
>>
>>41243341
It ofc depends on how you use those 20 mins, but as the other anon said, it should be enough, yes. Just make sure you are warmed up when doing lengthening stretches.
And I'd like to add that afaik 20 min daily is better than 40 min every other day.
>>
>>41243491
I agree, perhaps 10 to 15 minutes 3 times a day is even better. Frequency over intensity. So your body gets used to it naturally.
>>
>>41243218
you wanna kick high? just kick a lot.
>>
>>41243591
I do but it's no enough.
>>
>>41243341
there's 5 components of "fitness". Speed, Endurance, Strength, Flexibility and Body Composition. You're gonna see a thread about the least popular component sometimes.

Flexibility is easily the least popular one for me. But when I started to stretch before doing workouts, I started to take an interest in flexibility.
>>
>>41243633
>Flexibility is easily the least popular one for men*
oops
>>
>>41243218
If you're not having problems with pain or anything like that but just not progressing, check
1. are you doing the right stretches
2. are you stretching frequently/intensively/long enough?
>>
>>41243737
I have some tight feeling in my hips and I'm not sure if it's from too much stretching or too much martial arts.
>>
>>41244169
One kind of pain/tightness can be caused if you push/pull too hard, so I'd say for a week or two try stretching with less intensity but more frequently, to make sure that you're not harming yourself by trying to rip your hips apart
Also check out some instructions on the stretches you do to make sure that you are lining your body correctly and not putting stress on the wrong places

If that doesn't change anything I'd guess it's from something else than stretching
>>
Only dynamic stretching gives you higher kicks. You need to research this on your own so you will believe that it's true and not just hear from someone on 4chan. Otherwise you will waste a lot time if high kicking is your goal. Furthermore, if it gets to a point where the kicks themselves are dynamically stretching you out much more than dynamic stretching exercises, then you are better off doing kicks only in order to save time.
You better be warming up nice and good first too or you are just asking for an eventual free trip to tear town and being out of commission for a while.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.