[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared to start working out. Was really not athletic in high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: skinny-guy.jpg (42KB, 266x424px) Image search: [Google]
skinny-guy.jpg
42KB, 266x424px
Scared to start working out.
Was really not athletic in high school, made fun of a lot by "jock" types. Any recommendations for getting fit without the gym?
>>
File: constanza fail pants down.jpg (128KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
constanza fail pants down.jpg
128KB, 500x375px
jog everyday until you're able to do a ~30minute 5k without taking a break. will take at least a few months. do pushups, pullups, bodyweight squats, stretching.

once you can do all of these things with ease, grow a pair of fucking balls and go to a gym.
>>
Jump rope and bodyweght routine in your room to start cocoon mode. Check the bodyweight general on this board to start. As you get more into it you can start building a home gym, or if you don't have the space you can get a gym membership.
>>
>>41242696
not op but I can barely do a push up. How do I reach that point? Do girly push ups with knees?
>>
>>41244594
do what you gotta do man
>>
>>41244594

Lean on on a chair to elevate your upper body, it's like taking weights off of a barbell because you're supporting more weight with your feet.
>>
>>41245644
This - as it gets easier, use a lower surface (e.g. Coffee table) until you can do them on the floor. Conversely, to make them harder, put your feet on a coffee table or chair.
>>
>>41242656
>without the gym

retarded idea.
I'm not talking shit on Calisthenics, but it's way easier for a beginner to just go to a gym.
There are a shit ton of people who would be glad to help you out there (even without paying them shekels) you just got to have balls, go and make it a habit.
>>
>>41244594
>not even OP and can't do a pushup

It's true what people say about this board. None of you faggots actually workout.
>>
File: 1481215942167.jpg (84KB, 867x785px) Image search: [Google]
1481215942167.jpg
84KB, 867x785px
>>41242656
Just go to the gym I guarantee nobody cares about newbies in the gym.
>>
>>41242656
Read the sticky on the front page pls
>>
>>41242656
Join the army.
>>
Don't buy into all this liftbro shit, only cunts get fit for vanities sake. Run, do pull/push ups and a fuck ton of core exercises. You should be getting fit to better live innawoods chasing down deer, not because some faggits made fun of you.
>>
Find the biggest meanest guy in the gym and ask him if he's a lucky guy. If he says, "yes, f-for you", take him to the shower room and let him slam your boipussi.

Next time he sees you, he'll show you how to squat like a good trap.
>>
File: OP.gif (981KB, 390x213px) Image search: [Google]
OP.gif
981KB, 390x213px
God damn OP nobody in the gym cares about your DYEL ass. Just work out. Trust me, the guys in the gym don't stand around and laugh at the skinny faggots. Nobody cares that you bench 85 lbs and just squat the bar.
>>
File: 1481148028091.jpg (87KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1481148028091.jpg
87KB, 600x456px
>>41242656
Read the fucking sticky.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.