[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the cheapest, healthiest foods for living on a budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: TRI2.jpg (408KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TRI2.jpg
408KB, 1024x1024px
what is the cheapest, healthiest foods for living on a budget

i'm about to be going through some hard times and moneys going be tight. i of course need to eat so i'm trying to figure out what the cheapest food combinations are for as much of a squared meal possible

what i have so far is

eggs and oats for breakfast
rice beans and veges for dinner and lunch

does it get cheaper than this while still being healthy? i could throw in a scoop of peanut butter here and there for when i need something to make it to the next meal. maybe i'll invest into a multivitamin as well

please respond
>>
>>41242518
go to the store and buy ten pounds of the cheapest meat on special, you can get ground turkey for like $1.99/lb or beef for $2.99

freeze in 1lb chunks or cook all at once with flavors and veggies and freeze as GainsChow
>>
>>41242573
quick google search says a pound of beef has over 1.1k calories

.. not bad. i'll definitely keep that in mind next time i have to shop for food
>>
>>41242518
As you have already found, calories are cheap, proteins and fats are not.
What I do is quite similar to what you have found on your own:
>Base your meals around lentils or beans (lentils cook faster)
>throw in cheap veggies
>and a cheese omelette to try and skew the proportions towards less carbs, but it's expensive
>if you can find cheap bulk meat, freeze the shit out of it!
>>
Peanut butter
Tuna

Couscous
Chicken
Eggs
Milk
>>
keep in mind aint nobody especially not poors got time to chew and swallow the sheer qty of vegetable protein you need for gains, that's why you need cheap meat.
>>
buy largest amount of plain, raw oats you can
buy a bag of potatoes/yams
buy rice in bulk
buy beans in bulk
buy the largest can of Jif peanut butter
as for meat it comes down to what has the best price point. Those tubes of ground beef are a good bargain, so are big bags of chicken.

Dont buy milk

the goal here is to buy things for a bargain that can be stored either dry or frozen. Your meals will be monotonous but you said cheap not interesting
>>
Semen, it has 9g protein per serving and you can get it so cheap that you get payed for getting it!
>>
Bulk lentils are one of the cheapest ways to get calories, and they're delicious.
>>
>>41242518
In the morning:
I chug 1 gallon of water
drink 2 cups of coffee
eat 1/2 cup of oats (2 cups water and salt) with a banana mixed in
For lunch I eat:
chicken and rice with beans
For a snack I eat:
peanut butter
For dinner I eat:
chicken and rice with beans and potatoes

cheap af and you just have to measure it out to fit your macros. Plenty of nutrition and energizing.
>>
>>41243241
Do you not eat any greens?
>>
Beans
Oats
Eggs
Wholemeal Bread
>>
>>41243188
What's wrong with milk?
>>
>>41243241
Why no milk?
>>
Lentils
>>
>>41243241

I pretty much eat this as well except add:

greek yogurt in the morning and after the gym
at least 4-5 servings of veggies during lunch and dinner from the following options: broccoli, sweet potato, butternut squash, avocado, brussel sprouts, asparagus, spinach, cauliflower, kale
>>
>>41242518

My neighborhood Walmart has a 10lb bag of skinless chicken breast for 20$

There's that, peanut butter, eggs, and bagged tilapia. That's the cheapest I can think of
>>
>>41246648
Whoops, I thought you were just looking for protein sources. Here are a few other things to look for:

Veggies (Kale, it's the most nutritious veggie you can purchase and it's extremely cheap) * I eat 2 cups of this each day

Beans
Rice
Lentils
Oats
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.