[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cigarettes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1489405524937.gif (123KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
1489405524937.gif
123KB, 500x308px
Anyone here quit smoking? Im about 2 weeks in and I gotta say I feel like horse shit. Im constantly coughing up stuff and I continously have a running nose. I basically feel like I have a mild flu. I looked up the withdrawal symptoms and supposedly what im going through is normal. My question is has anyobe gone through wth this and is there anthing that I can do to curb the withdrawals?
>>
>>41239587
chew lots of gum for the oral fixation and to curb the hunger cravings, drink lots of water for the inevitable headache, drink hot thyme tea with lots of honey against the coughs (it will maybe worsen for the first few days but then improve). besides that, good luck.
>>
>>41239587
I went through the same thing. Chew a lot of gum and stay busy. I cleaned and organized my apartment obsessively to keep my hands busy.
>>
>>41239587
Don't give in, your lungs will feel so much better in 3 months time and it will be noticeable.
>>
>>41239587
You could try vaping (you don't need the nicotine but a low dose might help a bit). Try borrowing a mod from someone first. Should help ease the psychological addiction, a number of people I know quit it that way.
As for your respiratory system cleaning yourself, you just have to truck through it, there's nothing to really help.
>>
>>41239587
When I quit tobacco I just fapped or had sex when I wanted some
But I use to chew so it might be different
Good luck brother you're gonna make it
>>
>>41239587
spend less time with people who smoke,
chewing gum with nicotine.
than change to normal chewing gum.
dont drink alc or take drugs or you will fall back to smoking
>>
>>41239587
>Anyone here quit smoking? Im about 2 weeks in and I gotta say I feel like horse shit. Im constantly coughing up stuff and I continously have a running nose. I basically feel like I have a mild flu.

this is completely normal and I went through it as well. I talked to my doctor about it and he said it was very common but they didn't want to discourage people from quitting so they didn't talk about it much.

It's just your body cleaning itself out. persevere

>>41239747
dont do this
vaping is literally for faggots
>>
>>41239791
only if you make it your lifestyle, and that goes for literally everything else
most people quit vaping after quitting smokes in a couple months as they get bored of it anyway
>>
>>41239587

Stay strong, anon! I'm proud of you.
>>
>>41239837
no anyone that vapes is a faggot, no exceptions

if you are going to vape just keep smoking cigarettes
>>
I stopped smoking for two months now.

>>41239637
>>41239713
>>41239727
>>41239766
>>41239791

True all this. When you feel the craving is getting very hard, a gum can help (but it's not healthy to chew 30 gums a day too, keep them for your big craves, see 5 minutes rule below).
Sadly smoking is much easier when you avoid situation where smoke a lot in the first place. I wasn't a heavy smoker (4-5 cigs a weekday), but alcohol and weekend could easily get me to one pack a night. Slow down on alcohol if you drink, it will help.

Two other tips that helped me a lot:
- Download a app to track your progress (typical app tells you how much money you've save, the physical progress you are going through, the number of cigarettes you haven't smoked so far).
- THE FIVE MINUTES RULE ! When you have a craving, tell yourself : I'll see how I feel in five minutes. If you still have a craving five minutes later then take a gum, and if you forget about the five minutes then you'll feel quite proud you'll see.

Good luck, it's worth it!
>>
>>41239979

Also yes, I have coughed regularly for as long as I had been a smoker. After a month I wasn't spitting oysters every two hours which was nice. You don't realise how smoking fucks you up until you quit!
>>
>>41239587
>I basically feel like I have a mild flu
I felt the same a few weeks in. It's was terrible, but it goes away eventually.
>>
Dude just read Allen Carr's How to Stop Smoking the Easy Way.

The book contains some sort of freaky voodoo witchcraft - quit 8 weeks ago and it's been utterly painless (though yes I too feel awful with the coughing etc)
>>
OP here, im doing squats right now and it seems lifting is my only relief. I wont give up.
>>
>>41239587
i know vaping is a meme for you europeans or americans but it is actually the best way to stop smoking.

buy a $20-25 mouth to lung kit for starters, use it with 6 or 9mg tobacco flavoured liquid.

it won't create fucking clouds, it doesn't look like an alien dick
>>
>>41239587
>is there anthing that I can do to curb the withdrawals
Have a smoke. You know you want to.
>>
>>41239587
The coughing and flu symptoms are actually good for you and will clear up with time.

When you smoke, the nicotine in cigarettes paralyzes the cilia (small little hairs) in your lungs that normally clean them and remove debris that impair lung function. If you smoke regularly these hairs are essentially always paralyzed and so your lungs just continue to fill up with particulates from the smoke that's constantly being drawn into them.

Once you stop smoking, the cilia are able to resume their function but they have essentially a massive backlog of work to do so you notice it as you're hacking up all this shit that's been sitting in your lungs and sinuses.

If you think it's gross, just remember that before quitting smoking all this shit you're coughing up was just sitting around in your lungs making it harder to breathe.

Good luck quitting, it''s a costly habit in so many ways
>>
I quit December 7th, 2016. Haven't looked back.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.