[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/. i'm getting into shape. is beer a no go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lager.jpg (19KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
lager.jpg
19KB, 660x330px
trying to get fit before joining police academy. can i still drink beer? if not, is there any alcohol i can enjoy? friends and family have been giving me mixed answers
>>
There's no hard and fast answer, but you can absolutely be in great shape and still drink. Just like anything, moderation is important. Beer with friends a few times a week or one with dinner is fine, as long as you're hitting your macros and not going way over your TDEE. Getting blackout drunk every night may interfere with your gains a tad.

Just watch your calories, dont overdo it, and you'll be fine. Good luck with Police Academy my man.
>>
No alcohol is best but strong liquor like vodka is what's best to preserve your gains (assuming you only wanna get tipsy, never get shitfaced)
No alcohol is the way to go though
>>
>>41236643
For max gains just quit alcohol. There's help in the sticky for pacing your alcohol intake so you can still drink and maintain good gains. It's under the diet section I think.
>>
I used to have a 2-3 beers during the week and get drunk twice on the weekend. Now i don't buy beer for home and only go out drinking once.

Feel a lot better for it, save money, and enjoy drinking more when i do do it.

Also there's the hop oestrogen giving you gyno thing. Not sure if that's legit or a meme though.
>>
>>41236665
Great, this is what I figured, reassuring to hear that I can still enjoy some alcohol. Some people were telling me even a single beer a day will mess up my efforts. Thanks man.
>>
>>41236643
the hardest part about drinking and trying to stay in shape is counting calories. you have to count the alcohol vs your daily intake and getting drunk will be hundreds if not over 1k calories depending how hard you go
>>
vodka or tequila .
yea is better to quit
>>
>>41236679
alcohol is a direct muscle toxin. Neither beer or vodka are ideal.
>>
Drink wine with supper like the rest of the civilized world. Wine doesn't have a lot of calories so you're good to go
>>
>>41236643
As others have said, watch calories and don't overdo it. Beer has quite a lot of calories in it, I switched to spirits and haven't had a beer in months after drinking it quite a lot. Personally I go for gin and diet tonic now - something like Bombay Sapphire with Schweppes slimline is really good. Failing that, a good whisky as you can sip it for quite a while and enjoy it. Lots of different flavours you can experiment with, my go to at the moment is Ardbeg 10 but that might not be for everyone as it is pretty peaty.
>>
>>41236643
Beer is basically soda but worse. You can a glass here and there if your a skinnyfag. If your a fatty avoid with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>41236643
Read the sticky.

>>41236665
>>41236679
>>41236722
>>41237376
Stop spoon-feeding newfags.

If somebody asks a question that's answered in the sticky, then the only proper response is to direct them to the sticky. You can't help somebody get strong by lifting the weight for them. Likewise, learning how to do research is also part of training. You rob them of making brain gains every time you spoon-feed.
>>
>>41236774

Yeah but beer has carbs and vodka doesn't, I think that's the point anon was trying to make
>>
>>41236643
One Beer is allright, but don't get drunk every weekend.
If you want to drink alcohol but don't get fat, drink Whiskey.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.