/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shin splits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0235.jpg (74KB, 540x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0235.jpg
74KB, 540x701px
Are shin splits just a play through the pain deal or is there something that'll help?
>>
>>41235072
Bag of frozen peas/corn ect.
>>
ease up on the cardio

i tried to power through shin splints and it gave me fucking exertional compartment syndrome, now i have trouble running more than 10 minutes at a time
>>
You don't power through shin splints, that'll just fuck you up worse. If your leg starts to hurt, stop running and rest otherwise you'll end up like >>41236044

You have to build up your ability to run faster and farther little by little.
>>
As others have said, do not push through the pain. Take it easy, wear good shoes with proper support, and try not to run on hard surfaces like concrete when you can help it. Shin splints suck a bag of dicks, I feel for you.
>>
I tried to push through it earlier in my life and now I literally can't run or do any high impact things.
>>
I'm only running a mile & a half 3 times a week, would slowing down help?
>>
Or do I have to cut distance?
>>
Also rucking 3 times a week (3miles in an hour with a 30lbs pack)
>>
>>41236158
Slow your pace, avoid running on hard surfaces if at all possible, warm your legs up with a good walk and some stretching before you start running, and make sure you've got suitable shoes
>>
>>41236158
Slowing down may help, depending on the severity of the pain you're feeling. If it's tolerable, I suggest cutting your distance down a bit, and wrapping your ankles before you go running, as well as icing them occasionally. Once the pain goes away you can then gradually increase the distance/rate you're running.

If it's really bad, stop running altogether for a while. It's shitty, and you'll lose some progress, but it's a lot better than seriously injuring yourself by trying to muscle through it.
>>
>>41236201
It's very tolerable maybe like a 2.5-3. I had them once before when I ran XC, they got so bad I had to stop running so they'd go away trying to make sure they don't get that bad again.
>>
Am I the only one who pushed through the pain?

Doctor told me they take 6 months-ish to heal. Ran every day and they were gone within two weeks.
>>
>>41237799
i've had shin splits for last 4 years. i just run through the pain. doesn't seem to be making it worse
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.