[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

martial arts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images (2).jpg (18KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
18KB, 384x384px
What's the most /fit/ martial art?

I'd say judo bjj or wrestling. They use all parts of the body and provide excellent cardio.
Personally I do judo.
Aikido is the least /fit/ and is a meme.

Does /fit/ do any martial arts?
>>
>>41226447
Judo is superior to bjj

It's more practical for "real world" application
>>
Oh almost forgot, what's the point of all that muscle if a kid who knows how to fight could beat you up?
>>
File: 1450787999752.jpg (76KB, 1279x717px) Image search: [Google]
1450787999752.jpg
76KB, 1279x717px
>>41226447
no because I'm convinced there's no way anything around me is anything but mcdojo tier

just going to keep trying manifest a stand instead
>>
>>41226447
>/fit/ approved
boxing
wrestling
>worthwhile
boxing
wrestling
bjj
full contact/knock down karate (kyokushin, seidokaikan, daido-juku, enshin, etc)
sambo
muay thai
judo

I've done 14 years TKD, 2 years mma, a year judo, 2 years daido-juku and now I'm back at mma.
>>
>>41226471

I'm only vaguely aware of what bjj is in the sense it borrows from judo heavily. What's the main difference?
>>
>>41226492
80% newaza 20% tachiwaza in basic terms.
>>
>>41226492
>>41226503
Oh and it's not "borrows heavily" it literally is judo but branched out in a different direction. One of Kano's students, Maeda was traveling the world to promote kano jujutsu (which was later renamed judo) and taught the huehues. They then integrated jajajaja-do folk wrestling techniques.
>>
>>41226484

I'm pretty lucky in that sense. The dojo I go to in Japan has trained two Olympic judo ka and two world class kata champions. They only charged me 20 bucks to let me train with them too.

Feels like more than I deserve. I train 5 times for two hours a week there but judo is much more technical than I anticipated. Very slow progress
>>
>>41226517
>kata
I couldn't find any judo in west tokyo. My coach told me budo is dying in Japan. Kendo is on the decline as is judo and karate. He reckons it's a combination of nihonjin constantly getting their shit pushed in by gaijin in their own styles and the massive promotion of soccer and baseball.
>>
>>41226527

Yeah soccer is popular at the school I work at. This year we got three new kids for the judo club though. The numbers are steady where I am but once the kids graduate they all run off to Tokyo.
>>
>>41226541
None of my schools has judo as a sport. One had kendo as a teacher is 7th dan. Even when they do it in PE it's only ukemi because none of the teachers can teach anything more.
>>
>>41226552

Yeah of the three places I work at only one has an actual judo area. Which is sad because if you talk to the older staff they're all very passionate about judo. I often practice tachiwaza with the other teachers during breaks between class. The kids don't see the magic though.
>>
Muay thai, elbows, knees, legs, punches, wrestling and projections through clinch

Manliest and most effective MA by far.
>>
>>41226471
>having to wear a gi
>real world
>>
>>41227424
i'm sorry do you get naked for your streetfights and do the other guy's friends not just kick your fucking head in while you're flopping around on the ground in "guard" position?
>>
>>41226492
One is stand up one is ground work. Each does a little of the other but not all that much.
>>
>>41226527
The atmosphere around judo teaching in Japan is totally different. They don't hold classes as much as gatherings.
>>
>>41226447
>What is Wing Chun
>>
>>41229235
krav maga
the jews may have killed jesus but I pity the fool who goes and tries to start a fight with my jewish sensei
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.