[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys have any good exercises for getting abs? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: eh.jpg (37KB, 353x640px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
37KB, 353x640px
do you guys have any good exercises for getting abs? It seems like the ways I lift weights at the moment only work out my legs, arms, pecs, and back. Feedback would be appreciated!
(pic not me, just needed something)
>>
>>41223654
fork put downs and sit ups.

No but seriously eat less, continue working out and do any ab exercise you can think of till failure multiple times. Every other day.
That's it.
>>
>>41223654
Add front squats & ab pull downs/crunches on a cable machine

Butterfly kicks ftw
>>
>>41223675
Okay, I'll be sure to keep that in mind, and look up what a fork put down is!
>>
>>41223654
weight planks, heavy weight crunches, heavy compound lifts (squats, deadlifts, overhead press, etc)
>>
>>41223712
I do squats and deadlifts, but still have a muffin top. How do you plank with weights?
>>
>>41223654
Sprints.

Fuck any other form of core exercise besides DL, squats and sprints.

Also 1 set of fork putdowns x failure and maybe an ECA stack if you are still having difficulty.
>>
>>41223737
Have someone put a plate on your back when you are in the plank position
>>
>>41223701
fork put down = stop fucking eating
table push-aways and head shakes (as in "no I don't need seconds") as also useful
90% of abs is diet
that other 10% only helps them show a little sooner but you still gotta diet

>>41223712
>>41223737
>>41224369
planks are retarded
while you're down there for 60s why not do pushups
a pushup is a plank that exercises your chest arms and shoulders too
you can rest in a plank
dumb to suggest exercises that you need a partner for
> here can you spot my weighted plank put this on my back and stand there for a minute so you can take it off, too
>>
>>41223654
Aside from general compound lifts, do yourself a fucking favor and buy an ab roller. No better way for hypertrophy in the abs within the 8-12 rep range.
>>
>>41224158
Go back to the fucking SS forums you fucking imbecile.
People with common sense are talking here.
>>
>>41223654
Planks. 4*60secs, 30 secs rest

Upper-body crunch*12 (sit-up but start from the head, and "roll" in til your upper back leaves the floor and chin touches sternum, no more)
Leg raise*12 (straight legs, get your but off the floor, "candle" style at the end of the raise)
Bycicle abs*12 (go hard, as if doing mitten sparring with you knees and elbows)

These 3 exercises are done one after the other, no rest. All 3 are 1 set. Do 4 sets, expect pain.
L
>>
>>41223654
do deadlifts

literally the best exercise to get prominent abs. all other ones are literally just pointless shit if you are aiming for visual abs.
>>
>>41224682
What
The
Fuck
>>
>>41224498
>planks are retarded
>while you're down there for 60s why not do pushups

I disagree because I think if you are trying to just strengthen the abs it does you a disservice to be spending energy on something other than the exercise. Put some weight on your back or go longer if you must, and then bench as heavy as possible and get 2 quality exercises in instead of 1 mediocre one.
>>
>>41224682
Front squats are the only compound that will get you abs. Deads can help but they make your hips wider so you better have a wide upper body. Of course diet is most important
>>
>>41223654
>It seems like the ways I lift weights at the moment only work out my legs, arms, pecs, and back.
Have you ever noticed how literally everyone squats less than they leg press?
Have you also noted how the leg press isolates the leg and glute muscles?
Must be some other muscle group limiting your squat then.
>Hurr durr i want to "isolate" abs
Fine
Windshield wipers
>>
>>41224733
>Deads can help but they make your hips wider
>A magical exercise that can alter your pelvic structure
Fuck off
>>
>>41224733
>Deads can help but they make your hips wider
Nice bro science.

I guess you think doing tons of pull ups actually increases your clavicle width too.
>>
File: 3duakLb.jpg (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3duakLb.jpg
79KB, 600x600px
get washboard abs just in time for summer:

https://www.gymbull.com/posts/1051
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.