[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Binge Eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Binge Eating.png (28KB, 641x188px) Image search: [Google]
Binge Eating.png
28KB, 641x188px
I have struggled with a binge eating disorder for 6 months now. I have gained 25+ lbs and I am loosing my motivation. I used to be 7-8% body fat and shredded and now I am 16-18% bodyfat. My abs are fading and I need help to quit. Unfortunatley I have no money and no one I can talk to to help me get through this. I live with my parents and they buy crap food all the time. I have tried chugging water and eating cup of vegtables but notheing seems to work. Can someone help me with this?
>>
>>41222999
as memey as it might sound you gotta figure out what's making you binge first.
>>
I have it too. I trained myself to binge on low cal foods in the evening.
>>
>>41222999
Double Trips

You will defeat your binge once and for all anon
>>
>>41223017
I think it was because I was so low bodyfat my body was trying to get back up to a more sustainable one. That was just my excuse a couple months ago and not I know that ain't true.
>>
>>41223022
I do that too but when I eat all the sugar free jello or brussles sprouts for some reason I have to keep going.
>>
>>41222999
>6 months
>25 pounds
Man I gained 40 pounds in 3 months when i relapsed.
>>
>>41223042
ex anorexic i went through the same. it tapers off when you get to reasonable bodyfat, unless you get too locked in the habit.

My advice is try not to make a ritual out of it.
>>
>>41222999
>I live with my parents and they buy crap food all the time
This is key info here.
After moving out from my parents' into my own apartment have I been able to get much better control over my binging. Basically only have healthy food at home and if I overeat (which I do very seldomly in my apartment) then atleast I'm binging on something healthy like carrots and shit.
BUT when I visit my parents, who have all sorts of delicious shitfood, my willpower gets thrown out the window and I devour so much fucking food (mainly bread) that I look 8months pregnant.

Actually slept overnight here at my parents' house because of reasons and ate a massive fucking bread breakfast. Feel like shit now and it's only 8am.

For me, it feels like I regress whenever I visit my parents house. I've never been fat and this overeating habit has gotten much more intense over the last few months. I binge more easily when I'm stressed (poor stress-management skills overall) and even though i know the consequences of doing it I "can't" help myself (which is bullfshit. I know I could stop myself from eating all this shit food but I choose not to. It's a bad habit that I simply have to figure out how to solve. It's so fucking simple, "JUST DON'T EAT" but my willpower... fuck)

The key, as far as I've noticed, is to try an just breathe deeply when you get the craving impulse, which may sound easy/hard depending from person to person, but it tends to help gaining a bit of clarity over my/your state of mind at the moment you feel like eating something you know isn't gonna do you much good.
My main problem is that I just get apathetic. "I don't give a shit" is my response to my logic speaking against eating the 15th sandwich.

But eh, I gotta get to work.

You'll figure it out, OP
My main suggestions to your problem are:
>start meditating daily. Will help in a lot of aspects with your mind, among which overeating.
>Try to move out of your parents house if possible.

Peace
>>
Same here dude. I feel blessed that I can make gains so easily (255 bench in one year) but controlling how much I eat is nearly impossible.
>>
>>41222999
>>41223022
Are you a grill or a teenager? anyways, get a decent job, get money to afford food ( food isn't expensive), move out to avoid all temptations from shitty food and familiy who feeds you shit, and eat around 2000 and lose weight from lifting weights and daily cardio minimum of 30 mins to 45.
>>
>>41224462
Solid advice.
>>
>>41224604
Sounds shitty but it's true, got no money? then go get a job. Temptation all around you? move oooout.
>>
I struggled with binge eating.

I got kicked out of two buffets and vomiting from eating too much was too common.

My issue was trigger foods which for the most part is junk food and high gi index food. To this day french fries fucking kill me still.

For the first month what helped me was low gi food snacks handy. No going out to eat on an empty stomach either have something to eat before you go.

Another tactic i would use is stick to my portions and force myself to wait 30 mims before eating again to see if im really still hungry.

Its tough to beat and i still struggle but you need to practice being self aware and detach yourself from situations for a moment. You arent some beast control yourself its your fault for being this way. Others manage it so rise to the challenge and better yourself.
>>
>>41224377
This is exactly me. But any time i turn down dinner with my parents i get the guilt trip. Shit sucks man
>>
>>41224894
>practice being self aware and detach yourself from situations for a moment
This. Area
>>
File: 1489869055884.png (185KB, 772x319px) Image search: [Google]
1489869055884.png
185KB, 772x319px
Fellow binge eater here. I've been able to control my urges in 2 ways:

1) Simply don't keep high carb junk around the house. This is easy because I live on my own but I have made many 7-11 runs for chips and garbage simply because I'm stressed or sad or because my willpower is shot. Don't underestimate the tempting power of 24-7 cheap pizza. Be aware of your own desires and be mindful of them. Do not allow them to puppet you around.

2) I have had some minor success with bingeing and purging. This is NOT something I would recommend as it will eventually rot your teeth and make you miserable, but it does help stave off the panic attacks, self hate and self harm I inflict after eating too much. If you have no other way of reducing calories from binges... it's a last ditch option but it is there. Again, this is not recommended.

>>41224377

>looks like I'm 8 months pregnant

Are you a femanon? I have heard bingeing is harder to shake off when you're a grill with an eating disorder, but then I've had mine since I was small so I guess I wouldn't know a valid comparison there.

>>41224894

>kicked out of two buffets

Jesus christ dude. How did that happen?
>>
>>41227057
>are you a femanon?
Nope, the pregnant thing was mainly a joke but my stomach doesn't look far off that since im otherwise semi-skinny so my protruding belly is all the more noticeable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.