[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Standard weights for nice bod?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I have a friend donating all his standard weights and bar and dip stand to me. Is it possible to create a nice enough body with this set up or is Olympic the only way?
>>
>>41222058
My understanding is that standard barbells will start to bend at fairly light weights and can be unusable for a lot of what you to do if it'll ever be heavy.

Standard plates are perfect for dumbbells though. Keep anything 10 and under (if there're 12.5s, those are great but about the max), sell the rest and use the funds to start picking up Oly plates on Craigslist.
>>
>>41222058
if the weights don't have a 2 inch hole instead of a 1 inch one their weight doesn't count so you end up with no gains.
>>
>>41222381
>standard barbells will start to bend at fairly light weights

I have a std bb and deadlift 5 pl8. I'm not claiming that to be a lot of weight but It doesn't bend.
>>
I have a standard barbell that screws together in the middle that I got for free, it terrifies me to lift anything over 75kg on it.
>>
>>41222417
No shit? I stand corrected. Though it may be what's widely available vs what's possible. I can see where a good piece of cold rolled steel might not, but most standard barbells sold with sand filled vinyl plates won't be that.

There're practical reasons too though. I can't imagine pulling that kind of weight with a narrow bar. Seems like that'd hurt like hell.
>>
File: tendn.jpg (18KB, 226x251px) Image search: [Google]
tendn.jpg
18KB, 226x251px
>>41222058
>>41222381
>>41222402
>>41222417
>>41222437
>>41222467

with 1/2/3/4 you are strong
with 2/3/4/5 you are aesthetic
>>
>>41222752
>I have never lifted a day in my life
>>
>>41222752
>Heavy lifts for aesthetics
>specific numbers dedicate when you are aesthetic, not looking at bf%, bw, height
>>
>>41222903
nattys gotta go havy, not everyone of us has a needle sticking in his ass the first time he walks into a gym.
>>
>>41222752
I already lift 2/3/4/5 on my oly bar.
Just saying I own a scary af standard bar
>>
Really I'm just asking if possible to get moderalty aesthic with a standard set up
>>
File: BnFHuHdIAAEtK7g.jpg (46KB, 499x631px) Image search: [Google]
BnFHuHdIAAEtK7g.jpg
46KB, 499x631px
I basically just want to look like Anakin. Can a standard bar set up achieve this look?
>>
>>41223430
You'll be getting creative with a number of exercises but it can be done. Learn a lot of body weight exercises, when you're limited in equipment there's not much else you can do.

I've got a super basic setup at home that I use to good effect when I don't go into the gym to destroy myself, it consists of 5kg and 10kg dumbells, resistance bands, an ab roller wheel and something that doubles up as a bench. I'd say dumbells are mandatory no matter what but an ab roller wheel and resistance bands are very underrated optionals that you can pick up for pennies.

If I'm doing triceps for instance, I'll do push-ups, dips and manipulate the resistance bands to have insane time under tension. Skullcrushers will be added to that and I'll also use the dumbbells on the bench. Push-ups are hidden gems because there are unlimited variations you can do that change based upon the distance your arms are from each other and where you align your arms in relation to shoulders (careful), lower chest etc. Really slowing the negative for the push-up works very well and when you're exhausted from a standard set you can do a drop set by doing the girl push-ups where you rest your knees on the floor.

You'll learn over time what works, it's never going to be as efficient as a full gym setup but so long as you have a good varied amount of exercises and you really push yourself you can get results. And eat well ;)

AthleanX on YouTube comes to mind, he's got a number of body weight exercises you may want to checkout and he's all about form so you don't injure yourself
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.