[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you train your pain threshold?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 31-stove.png (776KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
31-stove.png
776KB, 1024x576px
Can you train your pain threshold?
>>
>>41218433
Idk OP I think after a certain point it's just in your intestines don't go too deep
>>
>>41218433
I believe so, to an extant. Pain can be ignored.
>>
>>41218433
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wusYZFXpPas
>>
>>41218703
That's discipline. Related but different thing.
>>
>>41218433
>What are fucking ascetics and indian weird pain men

No way OP, there is no way
>>
travis bickle was so fucked up
>>
>>41218794
Those guys are doped up on opium and pot
>>
>>41218832
Implying everyone is, you have no insight into that culture
>>
>>41218433
To a point I would say yes. My reasoning is that everyone has their own personal idea about what the worst pain is. Your own personal 1 - 10 rating of pain. But sometimes, if you're unlucky enough, you experience a level of pain that exceeds your personal scale. This now becomes the new 10 in your rating, and everything else comparatively seems less severe. You basically get the attitude of, "well this sucks, but it's not as bad as the time I spilled boiling water down my leg, so I can survive this."
>>
>>41218875
Fuck off with your culture shit what do you know?
Hash is used as a spiritual tool in rural central India and yogis are considered trash.

t.Indian
>>
>>41218909
I know more than you for sure, from your ignorant comments.
>>
Some kinds of pain, like tooth nerve or bone pain are unbearable
>>
>>41219094
>tooth
some tooth pain is straight up horrendous.

pain is always easier if you can see it, such as a bad cut on your arm. you can see it so you know that the level of pain you are feeling is normal.

i also find that the type of pain you think you are feeling is a factor. for example, if you take your fingernails and nip your skin, it hurts. now do it with your eyes closed and imagine you've been stung by a wasp, it hurts more.
>>
>>41219058
Have you ever been to india or even met those ascetics other than Youtube documentaries? They are all thieves and rapists nothing religious about them. But keep thinking that they are holy men and mysterious.
>>
>>41218473
Kek underrated
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.