[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat loss and speed gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

How much faster could I run if I lost 10lbs of fat? Pic related is my sport (pr 14.12, college height).

I've always been on the heavier/fatter side. Floating around d186-190 lbs and like 17%ish bf. Currently on a quest to get down to 175-180.

Was wondering if any sprint fags here had any experience with fat loss and speed gains.
>>
My fat ass is wondering also
>>
You're not going to be noticeably faster by losing 10lbs. If you want to be faster, do your 50s, 100s, and 200s.
>>
>>41215844
So if I strapped on a 10lbs vest you're telling me I wouldn't run noticeably slower?
>>
>>41215864
A 10 lbs vest and 10lbs of distributed body fat aren't the same.
>>
>>41215781
>>41215884
Right. But for arguments sake let's say this vest fitted in a way that was exactly like natural distribution of fat on the midsection.

It could mean the difference between a 14.12 and a 14.00
>>
>>41215907
.12 seconds is almost the same time between two as-fast-as-possible mouse clicks
>>
>>41215907
But it won't because 10lbs to someone who actually runs isn't going to make that big of an impact. If you want to run faster, start running.
>>
A quick google search says a 10lb loss can shave off about a minute from a 5k time, and endurance runners tend to have better times when they are leaner (but not so lean as to impede fitness). Weight loss + training would be best.

I know I ran faster, farther, and easier when I was 20lbs lighter. Working to get back there, running just isn't as enjoyable as it was.
>>
>>41215940
If OP kept his strength during his weight loss I think a PR of at least .1 seconds would happen. Sprinters aren't meant to be that fat for a reason, it's not optimal for speed.

Even if OP loses some strength (he probably will), it will be easier to get to the strength he was at before weight loss than it was to get to that level of strength initially

>>41215942
Sounds about right
>>
File: 534.png (365KB, 680x537px) Image search: [Google]
534.png
365KB, 680x537px
>>41215942
110m / 5000m = 0.002m

60s * 0.002 = 0.132

14.12 - 0.132 = 13.988

>OPs face when he's in the 13 club
>>
>>41216288
Go get it then, fatty
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.