[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much muscle mass can you lose in a week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: fugggg.jpg (228KB, 564x328px) Image search: [Google]
fugggg.jpg
228KB, 564x328px
I recently escaped hungry skeleton mode. I'm 185cm/81kg.
Now I'm in the army and I will be starving for the next 5 days. How much muscle will I lose? How fucked am I?
>>
2 lb. maybe 3 if you're really humping it
>>
>>41213754
>I will be starving for the next 5 days
Haha why? If all you have is water, you'll feel absolutely terrible at first, but then your body switches into some emergency conservation mode and it's not as bad any more. The downside is you'll feel mentally handicapped, weak, and sluggish in general
>>
>>41214478
Guerilla survival bootcamp :/
>>
>>41213754
You'll only be in gluconeogenesis for a day or two. If you stimulate the muscles it will tell your body to hold onto it. Day 3-4 you'll enter ketosis and be burning adipose tissue (fat) and producing ketones in your blood for brain fuel. You'll feel "hungry" for the first few days and when day 4 comes around you should have a spout of energy. HGH will go up and test. levels.
Don't be a normie, this is easy shit. Learn the science and don't trust most of /fit/. Humans have gone without food for extended periods of time just like all other animals. It's part of our evolution.
>>
Aamuja
>>
>>41214491
And there will be literally nothing to eat?

Like this anon >>41214568 pointed out your body will do everything it can to keep your brain working and humans are actually quite good at this compared to other animals, and this has been crucial for our survival because we maintain our ability think and to search for food even after prolonged starvation
>>
>>41214568
Thanks senpai
>>41214683
>And there will be literally nothing to eat?
A small pack of dry food. Mostly carbs. Lots of snow everywhere so we have endless water i guess.
>>
>>41214568
>the prolonged fasting meme

Your body needs protein, it won't get it out of fat.

Not a single person with a respectable amount of muscle mass has ever done weeklong fasts as diet.
Maybe once a year as detox.

This fasting meme is spread by people that have been casually lifting for a few months and now think it's somehow a good diet because their 12 inch biceps seems to be maintained when they do it.
>>
>>41214491
I've never been to any guerrilla or survival training that only lasts a week. What specific school?
>>
>>41215037
OP was just asking what will happen to his muscle mass if he starves for five days. This wasn't a diet question and nobody's suggesting starving for weight loss purposes, OP just happens to be facing a short starvation period for his military service. And the answer to OP's question is five days of starving won't decrease his muscle mass significantly because his body will mainly burn fat for energy during that time. Also, OP said he'll have some dry food with him so he's not actually starving, just spending five days on very few calories. His muscles will be just fine.
>>
>>41215230
Then I mistook you for one of the shills of said "diet" that frequent this board a lot these days.

My bad.
>>
>>41215230
dry food will probably last for 1 day and we get to kill a reindeer on the 5th so i guess it's 3-4 days of starving
>>
>>41215037
>Your body needs protein
explain for what exactly pls
>>
File: SISSIXD.jpg (181KB, 1328x643px) Image search: [Google]
SISSIXD.jpg
181KB, 1328x643px
>>41215185
what do you mean by school? all i know is i'm a guerilla in the army
>>41214671
fug :D
>>
You will eat treebark and snow, literally superior cutting food.
>>
As long as you don't encounter hungry russians you should be fine Pekka :DDD
>>
>>41215334
Create new cells
>>
File: suojelu.jpg (199KB, 1186x810px) Image search: [Google]
suojelu.jpg
199KB, 1186x810px
>>41215606

Ei viddu

Onnee. Tulee oleen semiankeeta.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.