[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

batch cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: batch cooking.jpg (294KB, 1080x1075px) Image search: [Google]
batch cooking.jpg
294KB, 1080x1075px
Are there people on this board who are into this? I'm kind of interested because my schedule right now is really hectic so suggestions would be welcomed
>>
I just make today's dinner tomorrow's lunch.
>>
>>41207180
Approaching the same situation, how long can you leave it in the fridge, especially chicken
>>
>>41207180
I cook 3 Days of Meals on a Sunday and 3 Days of Meals on a Wednesday night to stop going crazy. I used to do 6 Days and then a 'Whatever I feel like' day but it gets lame quickly eating the same three meals each day of the week.

To be honest its boring as fuck and tedious unless you keep on top of the cleaning of tupperware. My best advice is to also to use frozen veggies and go for stuff that you can easily cook in an oven.

Take for example the following for easy meal that cooks in about 1.5 hours:

>10 Frozen chicken breast
>1/2 Bag of Frozen Mixed Veggies, 1/4 Bag Frozen Onions, 1/3 Bag Frozen Mixed Peppers
>5 Large Sweet Potatoes
>Spices and seasoning

Throw the potatoes in the oven first. Season and foil wrap the chicken and veggies separate. When potatoes are half-cooked thrown in the rest of the stuff until everything is cooked to your satisfaction.

Cut up chicken, half the potatoes. Dish up one large serving to eat for your dinner now (2 breasts, 1 full potato, veg to level desired). Dish out remaining meals and let cool naturally before sticking in the fridge.

Eat for lunch and dinner.
>>
I buy my weekly meals(15 meals) from some chef in my area. 6 bucks a meal. 6 different prot, carb, veg choices, and he delivers. Best fucking decision i ever made in my life. If any of you guys are great cooks, id suggest you get into meal prepping. Seems like itd be EZ money.
>>
Simplest way to do this is to make big pots of chilli/stews/etc. Eat one portion for your dinner the night you make it and portion out the rest into containers to freeze for other nights. I do this all the time and I now I only cook 2-3 nights per week.

The above can be done in one afternoon and create food for 5 days. Leave getting fancy to the ocd maniacs.
>>
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm really good at cooking, but I've never tried the batch thing.

>>41207298
>I cook 3 Days of Meals on a Sunday and 3 Days of Meals on a Wednesday night to stop going crazy
This seems reasonable, I'll make sure not to drive myself crazy eating the same thing for a week straight

>>41207450
> Leave getting fancy to the ocd maniacs
What if I'm OCD tier?
>>
>>41207299
could you provide more information about this situation, any pics of the food he preps for you? is he a friend, or is it a service a caterer offers? what kind of meals are they, whats the calorie count?
>>
>>41207180
I prepare four days of breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Keep em in the fridge. Then Friday I wing it by eating out but still staying on target.

Four days is about my max eating exactly the same. As far as dinner goes, I cook about three nights a week. The nights I don't cook is because I had leftovers from the day before. Also weekends I prepare whatever I'm eating fresh.
>>
>>41207654
Hes a full time chef, but he does it on the side.
500-600 calorie meals. Puts out a weekly menu that i choose from. steak, turkey, chicken, shrimp, fish. Some combination of veggies and carbs. Not a friend, found him on instagram and hes alot cheaper than other prep services.
>>
I make meals that take me 15 minutes or less, so I don't, never cared too much about food other than it being filling, so I can eat the same stuff boring stuff for ages.
>>
>tfw live with parents
>only get to have 1/3 of the stuff I cook

I miss batch cooking so goddamn much, i would only have to cook 2 or 3 times a week
>>
>>41208200
Instagram link? Pictures of food?
>>
I've been doing this for the last 2 months and it's helped me lose 20 lbs. It's really convenient to have everything portioned out in advanced for lazy overeaters or if you don't have a lot of time.

I make lunch and dinner then put 3 in the fridge and 3 in the freezer. My tuna and yogurt parfaits every 3 days. Never had a problem with anything going bad so far, although cooked broccoli smells like farts after 2 days in the fridge.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.