[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New dad here. Finding time to lift has been tough these last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2396.png (448KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2396.png
448KB, 750x1334px
New dad here. Finding time to lift has been tough these last 6 months but ive managed. Whats really suffered is my cardio. I just cant simply leave a baby alone for 30-45 minutes at a time. We dont use a sitter as me and my wife have shifted our schedules (temporarily) to always have one of us home. Now that shes 6 months I have been considering buying a jogging stroller. I have literally never seen another man use one. Is a swole dude pushing a stroller socially acceptable?
>>
Get one with offroading capability
>>
>>41206482
You'd look cool af
a dad AND swole
>>
Just strap the baby down so it can't move

If feeding is a problem you should put your baby on IF - the gh release will help make the kid not a manlet aswell
>>
>>41206482
but wouldn't a threadmill be comfier?

if the baby starts crying or gets scared it would ruin your workout
>>
>>41206498
Id like one with a motor tbphf. My lawnmower is self push why not my baby?
>>41206510
I hope so. This is a really small town and a very close knit community. That whole "fuck what everyone thinks" doesnt really work. Especially owning my own business
>>
>>41206577
Ive definitely considered that option. But there are a lot more cons
>more expensive
>cant change route to make more interesting
>cant enjoy the outdoors
>take up more space in my already cluttered home gym
vs
>ill look weird
>>
>>41206482
T- 2 months until I become a dad.

Got any advice for me?
>>
>>41206670
Why not just get a jump rope? Takes minimal space, is cheap, and all the variations in rope maneuvers keep it interesting even if you aren't outdoors.
>>
>>41206482
Hi anon /fitdad/ here

In your shoes i did bb complex as a form of >cardio

In some time you could go back to outdoor cardio

Cheers forma ThE goodnews anob
>>
>>41206482
You'll make single ladies wetter than the Pacific ocean
>>
File: 81a+vFmzmgL._SY450_.jpg (32KB, 367x450px) Image search: [Google]
81a+vFmzmgL._SY450_.jpg
32KB, 367x450px
>>41206482
I got this so that I could be /fitdad/ instead of /dadbod/. I could run with it, and I got mires from cardio bunnies. Would recommend.
>>
Modify one of those bike trailer things so you can tow it behind you as you run, that way if you hit a pavement crack or rough ground it should control better.

Or just get a bike and tow the kid, cover more ground, see more stuff.
>>
>>41207576
This
>>
>>41207576
Im shit at skip rope
>>41207634
Thanks fellow dadanon
>>41208538
Thanks for the suggestion
>>41208701
Looked into the towalong. But you have to bike a lot longer to burn the same amount and call me overprotective but id like to look at what shes up to in there
>>
>>41209618
You can put a baby in the front of your bike, or even on your back. Also, if you're shit at skip rope right now, you'll get better. That shit is really fun to get good at.
>>
>>41206482

Get a folding stationary bike

>under $200
>takes up virtually no space in folded position
>can do with baby in rocker next to you
>>
>>41206850
enjoy it and prepare to micromanage your schedule to make time
>>41206482
totally acceptable, I push a stroller all the time. Women love babies breh
>>
>I have literally never seen another man use one.

I see a few every weekend, but I live in a young hipster neighborhood.
>>
>>41206482
Prams are a meme, just carry your babby by hand, it's great exercise and physical contact is calming and good for bonding, lots of cultures literally hold their babby 24/7 until it's old enough to crawl
>>
jogging stroller is fine fellow dadanon

my kid is almost 8 and rides her bike while I run now. the feels are unbearable
>>
>>41206850
Make sure you and mom make time for yourselves. Get a set sleep schedule early and stick to it. Sleep will be the most precious commodity in your life for the first few months. Most of all relax. I was terrified but its the easiest and most natural thing in the world
>>41210123
Not sure if trolling but Im not going to run around holding a baby
>>41210162
I really hope i have an athletic daughter. Mom is more preppy cheerleader type tho so we will be battling for her soul
>>
>>41206482
Yeah I'm so swole af dad, I jog with my littlest, I get hit on constantly whole doing it to, feels Goodman but I don't act on it I'm happily married don't need these ho's
>>
File: IMG_3242.jpg (33KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3242.jpg
33KB, 324x450px
>>41210558
Run with one of these
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.