[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Injury edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1435642401004.jpg (117KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
1435642401004.jpg
117KB, 500x526px
I've been having pain in my right hand anterior deltoid ever since last week (~ 7days now) when I benched about 80kg (my max for 5 reps). Now the pain has gone during the day, however when I go to sleep and turn to my right shoulder I get pain again or when I drive and only use my right hand to steer.

I have not gone to the gym since the first sign of the pain (not soreness, but pain) and have followed the RICE (rest, ice, compress, elevate) procedure after the pain started, which stopped the pain occuring during everyday activities.

What should I do?
Shall I continue resting?
Shall I go seek out a physio or shall I go the doctor?
>>
whats your preferred upper chest workout? doing candititos hypertrophy LP U/L so im already doing incline DB bence 4x8 but im really lacking muscle there. ive been doing cable pullovers but they seem awkward to do and i always end up cheating form.what do you guys think about landmine press?
>>
I already posted that on a thread yesterday but i didn't look back at it and it probably died and i'm too lazy too seek it, so I'll post my shit here.

If i begin with a bodyweight routine, and spend one year more or less on it, if I switch to a barbell beginner routine, will I progress as fast as if I just started directly with the barbell routine or will my gains will be slowed down ?

In other terms, will I waste my noob gains I do a bodyweight routine and then a barbell routine or will I be able to progress just fine by doing both ?
>>
To any swimmers in the thread, I'm a beginner swimmer (as in I can swim, just really poorly) fatass that's just started swimming with two friends who used to be competitive swimmers (so they're helping me improve). If I do lap swimming 2-3 times per week at 40 minutes each session, what would be some good lifts to do during the rest of the week to make sure I hit everything. I primarily just swim freestyle and breaststroke right now.
>>
>>41202201
take five fucking seconds to search the catalog you dumb nigger

>>41195491
>>
is using one of those grip things throughout the day a waste of time?
>>
File: 531 uncucked.png (158KB, 690x707px) Image search: [Google]
531 uncucked.png
158KB, 690x707px
this is for intermediates from practical programming. I really like it; can I just always do 5x5 (1x5 deadlift) for the main lifts until I reach 1/2/3/4 ? I realise sets of 1 are a poor choice for beginners
>>
>>41202201
You need to take some time off and rehab the shoulder. I hurt a tendon beneath the same muscle and it fucked me for 3 months. Do light weights. Get some light to medium resistance bands and look up shoulder rehab exercises. I went to a sports rehabilitator for mine and slightly regret it because all they did was tell me to do certain exercises I could have done at home for free. But, at least it was informed by professionals.
>>
>>41203733
your muscles will get stronger slightly slower, but noob gains primarily are because of increased neural efficiency with specific movement patterns. the reason why noobs get so much stronger so quickly is the same reason why some people can add 100+ pounds to a lift after they've reached 100% of their potential: improving technique and proper muscle activation.
you shouldn't expect to gain 20lbs after your first year of lifting, but you can expect to start just above a true novice and after a year be roughly where your peers would be had they started with lifting and kept going for a year. however, you may have naturally better muscle balance and form. weak lats/rear delts contribute to hurt shoulders while benching and hurt backs when pulling, so a background in calisthenics could help prevent shoulder rounding. you should still do a proper warm up and keep an eye on shoulder health, tho. and dont neglect your rows.
>>
>>41205715
Thanks, really appreciate it. I will take some more time off and rehab the shoulder. Will also ask my uni sports centre of there is some physio out there that give student discount. Last time i had to use one it cost me £80 - but the deep tissue massage did speed up recovery i think.
>>
IS NO FAP A MEME OR NOT FOR OPTIMAL NATTY TEST
>>
>>41203903
Swimming is an overall good way to lose weight. If you are begining to lift, first thing to do is read the sticky at least two times. And then do something like starting strength and trying keeping up with swimming or some other form of cardio.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.