[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: I hate running.jpg (31KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
I hate running.jpg
31KB, 400x536px
Hey /fit/, I'm usually over on /k/ but I've got a question for yall, but first some background on me & my goals.

I used to do XC & weightlifting in highschool, I also was in CAP. I was never fast but used to be able to run forever. I lost all motivation to run eventually & got out of shape (not fat just cardio is shit now.) I'm also a smoker & drinker (I know it's bad for me but I like it.)

My goal is to get my cardio squared away for the service. I want to join the Guard for either infantry or try for SF but I hate running.

My question is how do I motivate myself to start running again? I know I can do it (running that is) but it's not enjoyable anymore, whenever I do run I end up dreading it because it's so unenjoyable. How do I motivate myself to just push through the monotony of running?
>>
Also, would running while wearing a rucksack be a bad idea?
>>
I'm about to go run any tips would be appreciated
>>
File: tumblr_lqgks1vx5z1qd1wngo1_400.jpg (99KB, 300x463px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqgks1vx5z1qd1wngo1_400.jpg
99KB, 300x463px
>>41196759
If you are looking for a career in the military you better set your mind to it and get over the "monotony" of running. I know jack fuck about selection for various SF regiments but one aspect I do think they value is motivation and a person who can find motivation where others cant.

Do you want to get what you wish in this life or not?
Here's what you do.
Next time you go are about to go for a run, do all things you usually do.
Eat a nice lunch before hand, hydrate, think about the boring session you are about to have.

Walk to the place where you are going to start your run from, and ask this of yourself; Do I want this? Do I want gruelling sessions of hard exercise that seem to go on forever?

Do I want to feel the searing pain in my body that tells me that I am pushing myself to the limits of what I can do, only to have to crush that barrier and go even further.

Realise that your life is the only one that is given to you. You shape and mould it as you wish, to get to your life goals.

Is it a goal of yours to try out for SF and actually perform well enough to get accepted? Then put that "this is dull, this is boring" mentality to rest.

After that, you just run.
>>
File: pAeGCrfrz5-4.png (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
pAeGCrfrz5-4.png
18KB, 300x250px
>>41196759
My advice is take one foot and put it in front of your other foot until you collapse.
>>
>>41197026
Also, yes, probably. It will put unnecessary stress on your back and knees.
If you want to do stuff with a weighed down backpack, you do marches.
>>
>>41197026
Absolutely yes, you'll kill your knees and ankles. It's better to wear a rucksack and go for a 5 mile ruck at either a regular walking speed or slightly uncomfortable speed for an unmarked time. Just depends what your goals are.
>>
>>41197221
keep running
>>
>>41197254
Just got back from my run (1.5 miles) it sucked my legs were burning & my chest was hurting (probably going to need to quit smoking) & I puked but I finished the run & feel good about it. I'm going to run again on Wednesday & Friday.

Another question, do any of yall know of a good calorie tracker thing I can use on my iPhone? I'm inside my height/weight standards but I reckon shedding some excess body fat couldn't hurt.
>>
>>41197918
it's not just calorie tracking but strava is pretty cool
>>
>>41197918
good shit op.
quit the smokes, it does you nothing but harm.

self control is the name of the game.
if your brain says "stop" just keep those legs going.
if your legs say "no", command them to continue.

if your entire being is begging you to stop then you break that being and become something bigger.
>>
Actually, I got back a little bit ago but I took a shower, brushed my teeth, & rested a bit before giving yall an update

>>41197950
I'll check it out, thanks man
>>
>>41197964
Thanks, man, I remember having a lot more self-control when I ran XC back in highschool. I guess distance running is great for building that sort of thing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.