[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with peoples 'advice' at the gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Good evening /fit/

Just curious, how do you deal with people giving you 'advice'? I'm not talking about pointers on your squat not going below parallel or your elbows flaring on bench or some actual useful help. I mean how do you deal with the big steroid loving guys telling you you shouldn't be overhead pressing because it's bad for your back e.t.c.

I just said ok thanks, and carried on doing it anyway I guess that's the best way to politely say I'm ok thanks I follow an actually good strength program not shit post on bb forums.

Anyway it's not the first time. Some guy I used to work with told me water builds muscles and that milk is for babies.

Inb4 overhead incline press. It wasn't.
>>
>>41194416
Tell them to fuck off.
>>
>everyone bigger than me is roiding
lol
>>
>>41194449
Sometimes it's true.
>>
>>41194416
i'm a physical therapist, so i tell them that, and they typically fuck off.
>>
i say okay thanks and most of the time ignore it afterwards
>>
>>41194416
Lactose isn't good for you (your body isn't made to process it, some people cant = lactose intolerance), however, the benefits of milk outweigh the cons of lactose. Drink up. I personally recommend lactaid milk
>>
>>41194416
It's fucking awkward when some old bitch tell me to straighten more up during squats when she squats like 5kg on each side and then spend her time on the phone doing some useless machines.
I just smiled and said "cool", old bitch never bothered me again.
>>
>doing inclined crunches
>cougar black trainer is standing overhead with her her hands out
>not sure if I should nazi salute back (I'm black too)
>"All the way up!" she demands
>I stop and say wha
>"Steel abs! touch my hands!"
>Lengthen arms and start doing inclined situps
>"Das right boo!"
>She walks off
>I continue doing them

Weird. The younger trainers never come up to me randomly like that. Just that one cougar black woman and the owner of the gym have ever spoken to me.
>>
>>41194416
I have headphones that blast weird japanese vaporwave and nazi marching tunes.

Nobody comes close to me in the gym.
>>
>>41194416
>>41194644
This.
Headphones are the universal "don't talk to me" signal.
>>
I tend to listen.
I hit the gym at 8 am most mornings when it's empty except the two pts that work there.
both of them are monsters and always giving me tips and advice and complaining that they give me it all for free
Cool dudes helped me a lot.
>>
>>41194678
I had some dyel faggot running in front of me and waving while I was deadlifting while I had earphones on.
I carried on doing my set while he was standing in front of me looking really stupid.
He wanted to know if I was done using the smith machine 15 meters away, which I never fucking use. What the hell is wrong with people?
>>
>returning from the gym after months on a break
>actually know my shit and had more than a year of experience, but looked dyel at the time
>taking turns to use the bar with some roided-up manlet (my gym is full of roiders and people who work in the fitness business/modeling)
>he gibes me form advice on rows
>there are hundred different ways to do rows, it's all the same shit, not going to imitate that one faggot
>say I'm fine thanks
>don't follow his advice and do my set as before
>he gets buttmad and mumbles some stuff about how people never want to listen
>>
>>41194739
That sucks, man. I get that he was trying to be polite, but you weren't even using the machine and you were wearing headphones.
Seriously, even the homeless people in my city who are desperate for cash won't bother me for change when I'm wearing headphones, but I guess nothing will stop idiots from pestering people at the gym.
>>
>>41194416
Some guy at work wanted me to take supplements but I later found out it accelerates hair loss, lucky I didn't take them
>>
>>41194416
I always take their advice into consideration and say thanks but if I know what they say doesn't work for me or is just wrong I go back to doing my thing. It's called not being a cunt
>>
>>41194515
>lactose intolerance
Thats like saying that you shouldn't eat peanuts because some people are allergic or that you shouldnt eat meat because some people get constipated.
Dont try to make assumptions about what the body can and cant do because it will always just be a guess.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.