[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squat/Deadlift alternatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: inguinal-hernia[1].jpg (283KB, 1000x631px) Image search: [Google]
inguinal-hernia[1].jpg
283KB, 1000x631px
Yo, /fit/, I was just at the doctor and informed that I have an inguinal hernia.
I asked about how it'll affect lifting and he said to carry on as normal, but to avoid squats and deadlifts and other lifts that put a lot of pressure on your core.
I know that alternatives won't be anywhere near as effective, but what are some similar exercises that hit legs and back in a way that's close to squats/deadlifts?
I'm poor, so I'll probably be waiting for my surgery for a year or so on the public health system.
>>
>>41192610
Bump
>>
belt

you can also just isolate the individual parts
>>
>>41192610
deadlift-standard row
squat-you may be tempted to leg press but do not, leg extensions and leg curls
>>
>>41193311
Thanks, dude, I'll try that.
Saged to let the thread die
>>
>>41193304
>>41193311
>>41193712

Belts won't save you now, nor will isolation.
If you can't get the surgery, drop everything.
That's right, no weightlifting.
Anything you do has the chance of making it worse

I had a minor hernia that was misdiagnosed. I was told to carry on, and that if the symptoms returned and it was a hernia after all, the surgery would be quick to get.

It tore open. Not just a little, we're talking half my intestines in my nutsack.

I got rushed to emergency surgery. 8" incision, massive mesh patch, 2 weeks bedrest to heal up and let the muscle afix to the mesh. I didn't lose any intestines, but if they hadn't gotten me in I would have died of sepsis within a couple days.

This shit can kill you, so take it really seriously
>>
do belts actually help prevent hernias?
>>
>>41194614
This, be careful OP and just wait it out. Remember that there is muscle recovery so if you lose gains from not lifting for a couple weeks they will all come back soon enough.
>>
get a hernia truss and keep going
>>
>>41194614
Holy fuck
>>
>>41194647

Took me about a year to recover fully, but half of that was because I kept tweaking my hamstrings.

It really wasn't any worse than any other modern mesh repair surgery, just a bigger incision with complications to clean up.

Standard mesh is ambulatory surgery, outpatient (even if done in a hospital), and depending on your pain tolerance you could be back at work and on weight restriction in less than a week.

>>41194625

Depends. If you're not genetically pre-disposed to them (it's an anatomical thing per location) then a belt will help if used properly. I f you have a weakness anywhere due to previous injury ( ie strain) or anatomical flaw, then it's just a matter of time.

If you have a minor one, and you get diagnosed quickly enough and on to road to surgery immediately, then you'll likely get laproscopic mesh surgery and be back at normal lifting weights within 3-5 months at worst
>>
i've basically stopped lifting due to a hernia. waiting a few months until i can get surgery. sucks bros. I'm trying to maintain arms and chest i might try some leg extensions/ curls at some point.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.