[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: I was memed hard by this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: i.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
i.png
138KB, 375x375px
>be me, homegymming on GSLP for 10 weeks now
>decide to go to gym with old pal from high school who started lifting 8 months ago
>he's on a split
>he shows up, dude is swole as fuark (he's 5'10" though so he got swole fast)
>basically tells me he knows about fullbodies and everyone worth their salt knows it's shit
>whatever.jpg
>get to the gym
>huge gym owner starts giving me tips, asks me if I've got a routine
>tell him I do 2x5, 1x5+ on the big lifts and 2x8-10 or 2x10-12 on smaller ones
>he looks shocked and tells me that 3x5 or similar is literally useless for everything
>swole friend starts doing splits with a fuckton of isolations
>my workout is over in 45 minutes' time so I end up doing some front raises, skullcrushers and reverse flyes with swole friend
the advice everyone gave me was also weird as fuck by /fit/ standards, like 4x10 even on big lifts, OHP back to back with incline etc., yet the guys doling it out looked better than 100% of /fit/ judging by CBTs. And I'm pretty sure my swole friend, at least, is natty. What shocked me though is he wasn't much stronger than me, at least on OHP.
tl;dr: splits=aesthetics is real, this whole board is a meme
>>
try some 4x10 deadlifts then come back
also go to a powerlifting or weightlifting gym
>>
>>41191012
3x5 isn't a meme, it's designed for strength. If you were going for "getting swole" you would be doing a hypertrophy routine.

Also, don't even bother with splits. Once again, let me remind you nitwits that working out a particular muscle group ONE TIME PER WEEK is not nearly enough frequency or volume.

Get it through your thick fucking skull. U/L is a good routine. Splits are NOT ENOUGH VOLUME AND FREQUENCY.

Are you that fucking stupid? Suddenly you, the DYEL, think you know everything about lifting?
>>
>>41191076
how long have you been trainig ?
>>
File: uhhh.jpg (4KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.jpg
4KB, 203x200px
>>41191076
>that guy that has been lifting for 3 months and thinks SS is the only good program
>>
>>41191162
read again fag
>>
>>41191076

... This is why most splits are 2x/week for each group. PPLPPLR and repeat. I've only done a 6 day a week bro split routine once for a few months last summer but my size exploded by the end.
>>
>>41191012
Is this a troll thread?
>gslp as your first routine
>swole as fuark
>tell him I do 2x5
>2x5
>some idiotic roidmonkey tells you 3x5 is bad for everything
>swole friend is only swole because he does brosplits, relying on noobgains
>woooow /fit/ I thought you guys knew what you're talking about
>only aesthetics matter

>What shocked me though is he wasn't much stronger than me, at least on OHP
Because he's doing meme shit and on the noobgain train
>>
Often times the 'swole' gym rat stereotype guys you see that do brosplit-shit have been going to the gym for years. They have gained their questionable knowledge from reading the magazines at the gym or formulated some brosciency shit together. They're pretty much all extremely confimation biased because that's the standard in fitness industry, people believe the biggest dudes. These guys continue on trucking since they exercise at the gym instead of training. They're the types to rant about leg days and being unable to walk but when you ask their squat numbers they don't even know. They are satisfied with their workouts since they don't care about numbers and believe that a good pump or doms is what causes growth. And some people just have better set of genetics for hypertrophy and thus keep on going to the gym while normalfags have quit years ago
>>
>>41191012
>my workout is over in 45 minutes' time
So basically you're lifting bitch weight. No way you're managing 9 working sets of hard compounds plus warmups in that time.
>>
>>41191012
Just look up juggernaut method. 5x10 main lift, 5x12-20 assists in the first month.
Second 5x8+assist,third 6x5+assist, last month 7x3+assists. Did deload only on last weak.
Got huge after the cycle, most think I roid.

Yes, you were memed. At least Rippletits has his Ferrari.
Most training methods that have peaking+high volume will give you excellent results in strength and appearance. I programmed for a friend, juggernaut method and he was above intermediate without problems in 8 months.
Back, Chest, Shoulders, Bicep bigger than what I did with ss.
He also didn't need to gomad, he just drank a glass full with chocolate milk before training.
I hate Rippletoe, he steals time of young people and lets them look like some autistic T-Rex.
>>
Bro splits work if you lift often enough. The valid criticism is that if you don't lift frequently you essentially only wind up hitting the split segment once weekly, which won't cause you to lose mass, but you'll gain it at the speed of continental drift.

Never do less than 8-12 reps of anything if your aim is hypertrophy. 12-16 is better for legs. Up to as high as 20 for stubborn areas like forearms and calves because they crave abuse.

Three sets minimum. Four is probably ideal. Five for crazy cunts. I do three because I try to hit shit from multiple angles and I don't have all fucking day. Will up that to four/five if I'm having trouble getting to the next highest weight. Either that or just throw the next highest shit on and try to rip 4 or 5 of that for the first set and revert to the previous weight for subsequent sets.

X sets of Y is bullshit. X sets TO FAILURE is the name of the game in my mind. As soon as I hit 12 on the first set, I do it once more at that weight the next time I'm on that routine to drive it home, then add weight the time after.

No need to choose compound or isolation lifts just do both, but do the heavy compounds first so you don't wreck yourself.

This is what works for me. If you're powerlifting disregard all of this.
>>
>>41191523
juggernaut method seemed very cool, I completed the 10's wave and got diagnosed with hypertension by the mid 8's wave, I had easy access to a gym again I would run it again.
>>
>>41191523
is there some online calculator or template? or do i have to buy a book?
>>
>45minutes
Do people accomplish this when lifting heavy?

I recently was doing 5x6 at a simple 3pl8 diddly. It still took me like 25-30minutes. I do other lifts after too. At least 1 hour and some change every day.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.