[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (10KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 190x266px
Didn't see a stupid question thread, so stupid question thread

Why do so many lifters hate Planet Fitness?
>>
File: IMG_0254.png (925KB, 990x1481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0254.png
925KB, 990x1481px
>>41183072
Planet fitness hates lifters is why

Why is my asshole trying to kill me
>>
Pf gives pizza to their patrons...and alarms go off when weights get dropped... To start....
>>
File: IMG_0220.png (14KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.png
14KB, 646x720px
>>41183081
I found out the alarm works the hard way
>>
>>41183072
had a full blown autistic person wonder into my planet fitness

he starts moaning and shrieking , which sets off the lunk alarm

it was like this for 20 whole fucking minutes
>>
Their slogan is
"We're not a gym. We're Planet Fitness"
They discourage anyone from pushing themselves. Their business model relies on New Year's Resolution-ers.
>>
>>41183072
Because Planet Fitness is not a gym, it's a scam. It hands out pizza, bagels, candy, and other shit. They don't have any serious equipment at all, and 90% of the shit they have is non-essential. Then there's the Lunk Alarm which is one of the most anti-gym thing you could have in a gym. And lastly, it's attitude. It doesn't want actual fit people, let alone lifters, in its premises, it's a giant hugbox with "judgement free zones" made to cater to those people who'll sign up with a gym and only show up 4 or 5 times a year, who promise themselves that they'll stick to it next year, who want to be fit without actually putting in any effort, who will undo all of their work with a post-workout frappuccino, or whatever sugary meme shit they're into. Those people.
It's not a gym. It's a "physical movement" club.
>>
>>41183294

I hear the pizza and bagel thing all the time as a negative. You should be a furnace who's having trouble forcing down enough calories. Not complaining about free food. It's lifting not yoga, pizza doesn't matter.

What does suck is the lunk alarm shit mixed with the lack of barbells.

It's 10 fucking dollars a month, 24hrs, in every city and has heavy things to lift. I keep a membership so I can use it while traveling, warehouse gym when I'm at home.
>>
>>41184066
>I hear the pizza and bagel thing all the time as a negative. You should be a furnace who's having trouble forcing down enough calories. Not complaining about free food. It's lifting not yoga, pizza doesn't matter

That would have been a plus if the people who go to Planet Fitness are actual lifters instead of fat dyels.

Sure, I can understand if you get a membership for how cheap it is, doesn't make it not horrible though.
>>
OP here, after reading what some of you guys said, I went to their website and went to their link to "In defense of pizza and bagels". Planet fitness seems like a horrendous place full of PC libtards and fat fucks. Go to this link if you want to cringe: http://www.shape.com/fitness/trends/defense-post-workout-pizza-and-bagels
>>
>>41183072
how many hours should you wait after eating to work out?
>>
>>41184359
About 30 mins to an hour. It all depends on how your stomach feels and how fast your body digests food.
>>
I ran twice today, 6 miles total and then went for a bike ride. Pretty damn tired. Should I do my Push day or skip the gym tonight?
>>
I recently signed up just because my main gym closes at odd hours and my work schedule doesn't always line up with those hours. Definitely not a place where you'll be able to improve your compounds/get stronger but they have a fair amount of equipment and it's open 24/7. I despise using the smith machine but in trying times I'll scrape up all the gains I can get. Current big 3 total is 1,215lbs at 180lbs body weight. I'll lift heavy in there if it's all I've got, and they've never set off an alarm for me before. There are also several juicy looking bodybuilders who show up regularly so it's not 100% bad unless you're a fatty trying to get validation. That's my only problem with them, really; they reach out to sedentary people and tell them it's okay to not try hard. But if you're a lone /fit/ autist you should be fine.
>>
>>41183081
>>41183088

The lunk alarm is actually set off by an employee. I could seriously hit that shit for relocking the weight on the smith machine too hard

>>41183121
>>41184437
>>
My stomach and gut flora are all fucked from overeating from my birthday. I feel disgusting. It's given me ezcema. 2 days of indulgence and in shitting up a storm for a week now.

I'm really tempted to fast for a week or something. Any tips for gut health?
>>
>>41184412
Do what you want. It's one day.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.