[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIPS - proper form?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: stronglifts-dips.jpg (73KB, 1024x345px) Image search: [Google]
stronglifts-dips.jpg
73KB, 1024x345px
What is the best form for dips?

Is it true there are different types that either work chest more or shoulders more?

Is it true that some dips can really mess up your shoulders?
>>
>>41179588
how far forward youre leaning affects how much chest is brought in

but dont bother, dips will destroy your rotator cuffs
>>
>>41179588
You know you could google the answers to all these questions right?

As for the last question, yes, but that's only over you're going too fucking far down.
>>
>>41179588
never look down, always keep your shoulders in their sockets. you should be looking straight forward or slightly up as you go down. once you go up you should look up. this will ensure the spine stays straight and will help you keep weight under you.

if you do weighted dips always hold the weight steady with your knees. it should never move. swinging weights = shoulder destroyer #1.
>>
>>41179588
There are two possible ways of dipping.
1) you bend quite a lot in your lower-back and let your elbows travel back, thus your tricep will take over majority of the weight and you are safe and sound from injury (but when you are grindin the last few reps or last rep, you usually tend to automatically move into position 2).

2)You don't bend that much and do it more like the guy in your pic, which affects more chest and less tri, but is still good. However, this way is more prone to injury, as I myself had the 'luck' of discovering yesterday: As you are going up, you may rotate your arm in a bad way and put too much weigh onto it, your bone begins to hurt. It hurts not in the shoulder, but in the arm bone itself, some 5-10cm below the shoulder on the tricep side more. Almost as if there was a smaller bone,maybe 2-5mm wide, and I kinda hurt it.

I'm using +20kg on dips atm, 73kg bodyweight, and apart from yesterday have had no trouble. Reps 3x8-10.
When I was lifting a yer or so ago, hwever, I was doing dips more like (2) and that caused my arm and shoulders to hurt.
So, as long as you keep to (1) you should be fine.
>>
>>41179659
Faggot
>>
>>41179745
t. moron
>>
>>41179588
I always have my knees in front of me. Is this good or bad?
>>
>>41179658
Dyel detected
>>
>>41179738
I don't understand the difference between 1 and the pic, can you find a pic of the best form?
>>
>>41179658
Yea if you lock out it will. Just do half reps if youre doing it for triceps. I dont do dips for the chest because my right shoulder is already snapped up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.