[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OWNING A GYM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1455061346944s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1455061346944s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Sup /fit/. Lately I was thinking about opening my own gym. Do any of you own gyms or work for one? Have any of you started your own gym or other business?
>>
What have you thought about so far?
>>
that hairy faggot alan trall has a few videos on the subject
i think rippletits talked about it too
>>
opening your own gym could have been nice a few decades back, but nowadays the market is tightly locked down by big chain gyms. you'll have a really hard time competing with them.
>>
File: loaf2.png (65KB, 233x202px) Image search: [Google]
loaf2.png
65KB, 233x202px
>>41177125
OP here. My thinking is that because there aren't any hardcore power lifting/strongman/bodybuilding gyms in my area I have a market niche that could help me out. Just the idea of having a badass gym with a loyal membership seems like a dream.
>>
>>41177406
A few loyal members wont keep your gym alive. Put on paper whatever you need to buy and the hypothetical rent for a few years, hypothetical subscription plans that are competitive with the gyms in your area and see where you get. You have to know how many people have to come on month to month basis for you to stay in business and recover what you spent on equipment.
>>
>>41177406
My anecdotal experience in the UK is that commercial gyms are getting better for weightlifting, so you might not have such a tight niche in reality. I work for a non-chain commercial gym and, although we are still somewhat lacking in free weights (only 2 Olympic bars, 1 power cage, Smith, about 6 pairs of 20kg pl8s and a minimum of most things), there are a lot of big guys who come here just to lift and rarely complain. This is in a town with at least 2 other commercial gyms and at least 1 bodybuilding gym. It might be different where you are, but if you're just having this idea because you're frustrated with your local commercial gym, you might be overestimating the number of people who feel the same.

>>41177529
Also, bear in mind that there are a lot of costs beside rent and equipment. It's got to be staffed, insured, maintained and you need various membership/subscription services as well as marketing and stuff.

Overall, it's not easy. You probably need to be either a chain, tax-funded, or some sort of celebrity/high profile trainer.
>>
I live in a super white middle class suburbia. There's no gym, and I bet a planet fitness-tier gym would do great with all the housewives. Just 40 cardio machines and a dumbbell rack
>>
>>41178406
I've also had this idea but unfortunately the follow through seems too costly and likely not worth the risk. Some form of personal training or training specific gym might work, it crossshit
>>
What if you combined a traditional gym and some sort of fighting/boxing? I'd go to a good gym that had both instead of paying separate memberships to each. The gyms where I live blow though so what do I know.
>>
The market seems tapped out to me. Potentially you could identify areas that are growing but would not the huge franchises already have economists doing that for them full time?
>>
>>41178406
>commercial gyms and at least 1 bodybuilding gym.
What is the difference?
>>
>>41177125

Open up a powerlifting gym with a computer cafe in it. Start a huge gaming scene inside your gym for marketing. You can get the jewbag supp companies to sponsor your gamers with caffeine and pwo's. Their brains will be chemically addicted to your establishment now. Gg
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.