[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

qtddtot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 39

I dodn't see an sqt so I figured since my question was stupid, I could incormporate other stupid questions in this thread as well,

So I recently joined a gym like 10 days ago, and all I am doing now is a warm-up streaching routine and 30 pushups/20 attempt at pull ups

The trainer guy says I gotta do this until I can do 50 proper push ups, and hasn't said anything about cardio or running etc

I am 21 and skinny but that doesn't mean no unnecessary fat, I tried looking around the interwebz but almost all info is either for advanced or mumbo jumbo, I don't even get half the words.

So my question is, should I start lifting and if yes what work out's would be ideal for a skinny dude, I got a dumble lying around at home and I can probably create some weights with bag and books, also what about cardio?

Any new friend advice is welcome

>pic unrelated
>>
I'm running a PPL, but due to medical reasons I'm temporarily ditching the leg workouts. This makes my current routine PPRPPRR.

I really don't like spending two days away from the gym in a row, do you think it would be detrimental to have it be PPRPPR and just loop unevenly?
>>
After finally admitting I have depression and going about the usual cafuffle with my doctors I've started a course of antis and booked to see a a psych.

Question is, I started my anti on Thursday (and it's now Sunday night). Thursday and Friday saw no problems but since yesterday I haven't been able to sleep. Not completely, but I got 4hrs sleep and that was only after a 12hr shift and gym and tossing in bed for 3hrs straight. Now I've been doing the same, rolling around for the last 3hrs and am completely awake not a hint of tiredness.

Should I be worried? I work nights so a sudden change in my ability to sleep would suck.
>>
File: 1492279307558.jpg (29KB, 488x254px) Image search: [Google]
1492279307558.jpg
29KB, 488x254px
My girlfriend is super busy and can't be around me that often, she keeps cancelling plans on me and it's making me feel like shit, everytime I message her she opens the message and doesn't respond. We're both each others first real relationship and when we're actually around each other she seems super happy and wants to be around me. I just don't get why she's doing this and what I should do.

What's /fit/s opinion?
>>
upper/lower or push/pull
>>
Is it true that once you reach lower bf% a single kg can completely change how your face looks? Not talking about bone structure but about facial fat.
>>
>>41176329
Just wait a week or two and if she doesn't text you on her own, break up with her.

I know it sounds drastic, but don't demean yourself bro. I've made the same mistake and months later realized I was always the one texting first
>>
>>41176157
antidepressants can cause mania which can make you away longer than normal. Do you feel tired after waking?
>>
File: zS2453K.png (214KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
zS2453K.png
214KB, 500x330px
I asked this in /fa/ and was BTFO so any /fit/ advice would be appreciated.

I'm a 27 year-old male, 5'9" 190lbs with a decent foundation of muscle (fucking around with weights for the past three years on and off). Upper body looks decent but alas, pooch and love handles. I don't really give a shit about hanging onto the muscle and I'm willing to lose some to get /thin/.

How much could I realistically lose within 30 days without completely fucking my shit up? In the past, I have done 1,200 calories a day plus running a 5k three times per week (which would create an additional weekly deficit of 1,200) with good results. I want to keep as much muscle as possible, so I was thinking either full-body 3 times a week ~an hour or 6-day brosplit 30 minues 6 days a week.

I want to go balls to wall to see how far down I can get, but I don't want to die. I have done 16/8 IF in the past with decent results, too. PSMF, maybe
>>
>>41176740
Hanging on to ALL of the muscle I mean, fuck. I expect to lose some of course.
>>
>>41176660
Yea, felt really drained this morning but after showering and breakfast it went away. Usually I stay in bed for hours dreading getting up. Might just be my body adjusting but I run on a very tight schedule with biphasic sleeping so I really can't afford to lose sleep
>>
I am 5'7. I was able to cut weight from 195 to 150 lbs. I have been plateaued for the past month but I am still burning fat (pant size continues to go down). I have been able to increase my lift volume and I can tell my chest and arms are getting bigger.

My goal from the beginning was to get washboard abs. While my abs are visible, I still have a ways to go. I am now more than ever familiar with the concept of body building as a marathon and not a race, though I want to have the best bang for my buck for the summer that is coming along.

My plan is to eat at maintenance on lift days and to cut ~500 calories on off days for the next two months. This is as opposed to the ~500 daily calorie deficit I have been aiming for over the past 7 months. I still have stubborn belly fat and IF has been tremendous with this lately, so is this a good course of action? My rationale is that more muscle means more fat being burned, and I feel like I need to recomp because my body is still getting used to how much weight has been lost.
>>
File: 1466056548323.gif (1MB, 451x331px) Image search: [Google]
1466056548323.gif
1MB, 451x331px
>>41176106
>Goes to gym
>isn't actually lifting
>is listening to some dumbass trainer who's literally getting paid to keep you paying and not improving
>didn't read the fucking sticky
>>
>>41176106
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>41176329
you sound clingy
>>
>>41176106
Can I afford to winter bulk and later cut for the summer by September or so?

I'm dyel but 195cm tall, so I'm afraid I'll look skelly if I start cutting right away.

> Pic related @ 98kg no pump no flexing.
>>
Would I burn more fat...

5 x 1minute of Jumping Jacks, burpees, squats, press ups and skipping

or

45min speed walking a bunch of hills near me (I smoke to much to run)
>>
Does foam rolling work for you guys? Worth getting started?
>>
>>41177099

Stop being a pussy and run up the hills.
>>
Guise, I'm on cut, but there are like 3 different delicious cakes at home, leftovers from easter and my brothers birthsday.
Would it be stupid to cut my carbs; to eat 100g rice less, but instead have a slice or two of cakes?
Is there something I can do to let myself eat them and not fuck up my cut?
>>
how long between sets?
>>
So I calculated my Calories to be 2770(TDEE+500)
And protein 119.5

So now how do I decide how much carb, fat, suger, cholesterol etc I need to fulfill make up 2770 calories? Does it matter?
>>
>>41177338
For accessories/isolation - keep pauses brief 30-90 sec

For main lifts as much as you need
>>
Sorry how did you guys figure out your starting weights? Did you just keep on trying weights until you felt something like "ah this will tire me out in a 5x5"?
>>
>>41177592
Programs often have percentage next to certain lifts. Let's say 5x5 80% weight, that means you're supposed to test your max (one rep), and then do those sets with 80% of your max.

I just said 80%, don't know what's the recommended weight for 5x5.
>>
Is coffee bad for me? I drink something between 3 and 5 coffees a day, each of them with milk and sugar. I've been doing that for years, so I don't even count them seperately, they pretty much became a part of my TDEE, bit I wonder, does that much affect my hormones somehow? Is there a good reason for me to cut them?
>>
Is it worth doing bodyweight exercises if you are currently unable to get a gym membership or is it a waste of time?
>>
>>41177720
coffee is fine. might want to cut the sugar out though.
>>
>>41177720
Stay below 400mg of caffeine a day. Coffee has lots of health benefits. Use my fitness pal to track your caffeine intake.
>>
anyone hire a hooker before? what are your thoughts?
should i hire one?
are condoms enough to prevent STDs?
>>
>>41177744
Sure it's worth doing them. Watch out for mem exercises though, there are many stupid programs floating around, especially those "get abs in 2 weeks!".

Pulls ups, dips or planks are very good exercises though, and while I'm no expert on calisthenics, I'm sure there are more that will be very useful.
>>
>>41177754
>>41177772
Thanks. I might be over 400 mg caffeine from what I see. It's hard to say exactly. I guess I'll try to cut it a bit.

It's very useful on a cut for me though, since it pretty much kills hunger for a while.
>>
>>41176118
Why would that be bad? Just remember the 48 hour rule.
>>
>>41177437
>fat
More than 50g and up to half the remaining cals, but NOT over RDA for sat fat
>carbs
Alot. Probably 60%+, healthy carbs are usually much cheaper than healthy fats
>sugar
As little ADDED sugar as possible
>cholesterol
Wut. Noone cares
>>
>>41177720
>does that much affect my hormones somehow
good on you for asking the question. the only way to really answer it is to quit for a week and see how you feel. if you feel like dogshit then you are dependent on it and maybe should consume it less often
>>
>>41177848
Thanks, so I calculated
Protein = 120(1/lb weight) grams = 478 cal
Fat = 46 grams = 415 cal (25% of total cal)
Carb = 470 grams = 1877 cal (remaining cal)

Total cal = 2770 cal

This is for underweight and gaining
>>
>>41177592
the SL 5x5 program specfically starts with the bar (plus a bit for DL and such). there are some great reasons for this, you avoid the trial and error that you're talking about, and you learn the proper form and make CNS gains. Plus you add steady weight each workout. I had a good experience following that program, ended up with better form than all the retards in my gym but thats not saying much
>>
>>41176563
Alright, I'll wait a while and see. I hope I don't have to leave her, she's one of very few girls I've had feelings for.
>>
>>41177911
Somethings weird with your math. If 2700 some is yiur total theb 415 is not 25%. Regardless, add more fat, 50g is like a minimum to not have weird hormonal side effects. If its for gaining then really it will depend on what you can manage to pound down and the macros dont matter as much. Ignore what i said about added sugar, you're gonna have to abuse sugar. Just lift hard and dont get the beetus
>>
>>41176953
I probably am, I don't think it's too much to ask for her to respond to me though, it's not an isolated case. The only time she responds is when she knows I've been drinking which is shit because I have had problems with being unable to spend a day without getting drunk and I don't want to fall back into that.
>>
>>41176106
trainers are a meme. as far as routine, use the goddamned internet it's current year ffs
>>
>>41177961
I figured it out, it's supposed to be 693 that's 77g.
Thanks.
>>
How painful is it to have sex when you have a dick curved?
>>
File: minus7.png (232KB, 272x380px) Image search: [Google]
minus7.png
232KB, 272x380px
Is it true that cocoa powder and milk is legit health drink?
Might be more of a /ck/ question but remember reading it somewhere about gains.
>>
>>41176978
Pls respond
>>
>>41176978
>Can I afford to winter bulk
can you afford not to?
>>
>>41177099
45 min for sure
>>
I'm doing greyskull and currently I'm doing skull crushers in addition to the normal routine for triceps. Is that enough? I feel like they're not growing as fast as they should. What other exercises should i add to make em bigger as my arm looks sort of retarded, especially the portion right under my delta is much smaller.
>>
>>41178205
i think nesquik actually has alot of vitamins crammed into it. i don't believe i'd call it a """"health drink"""" but it won't kill you. don't confuse high calorie/gains with healthy
>>
Does anyone have a good book on meal prep (vegetarian) for me? I try to limit my meat consumption to the weekends and have three days a week on which I have Uni over the whole lunchtime, so i will need to eat it in the classes.
>>
File: iLhAJBl.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
iLhAJBl.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>41176106
Read the sticky.
Do this routine and cardio of your choice. Get small plates for yourself if the gym does not have them. Start feeling fit, buddy.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170423-100302.png (713KB, 798x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170423-100302.png
713KB, 798x1027px
178lbs, 5'11", 26 years old. I just started lifting 2 months ago with SL and a bro split. I've read the sticky and am making healthier lunches and going to the gym 3 times a week, swimming or jogging in between lifting days.

How long will it take to get out of DYEL mode? Is it possible to look more aesthetic within a month?

Pic is current body.
>>
What's the difference between a hip thrust and glute bridge, they look the same
>>
>>41178687
Are you generally work out 3 days a week? Cause I go 6 days currently, also thanks, I read the sticky and made sorted out the diet plan, was gonna make work-out routine tomorrow but might as well follow this now.

Does it work alternatively(1 day off, 1 day exercise) or do you cycle through this twice a week?
>>
>>41178872
I mean *am I supposed to, not like you particularly
>>
>>41178798
>>41178798
>>41178798
>>41178798
Pls help
>>
>>41178554
Kek
I posted same pic yesterday, fags telling me start a cut asap, god damn.
>>
File: 1492661181622.jpg (50KB, 764x429px) Image search: [Google]
1492661181622.jpg
50KB, 764x429px
How do I warm up properly before doing neck exercises?
>>
Responses to OP got me worried.
Been going to this boxing gym for 4 months now. Honestly it's pretty cheap, $80 a month. But the trainer used to be professional and there are other professionals there so I figured it was okay.
But there are a ton of people there each class, maybe 15 to 18 per day so he can't give everyone the right attention. Anyway we do stuff like kettle bells and lots of cardio then the rest mitts or bag work. To be fair we only do kettle bells every once in awhile and usually part of a circuit.
Is one or two meme exercises usually a bad sign?
>>
>>41179074
> Honestly it's pretty cheap, $80 a month.
>$80 a month
>cheap
>>
>>41178872
unless you are constantly rotating muscle groups there's not really any reason to train that often, you'll likely just wear out your muscles than grow them.
>>
>>41178725
>How long will it take to get out of DYEL mode?
well you're kind of fat right now so I'd worry about getting out of chub mode first off

> Is it possible to look more aesthetic within a month?
No. In 3-4 maybe, but the changes won't be huge.
>>
>>41178575
Bumperino, please someone with juicy triceps can you help me?
>>
>>41179117
Shoot, all the gyms I looked at were 100/mo or more.

CA just isn't super cheap, and neither is the area. For reference Kings (Where Andre Ward trains) is $180.
>>
>>41179201
Christ almighty, I thought my last town was expensive at $56 a month.

I live in LA county and do LA Fitness for $30 a month. Granted it's not the best gym in the world but it's affordable and open long enough.
>>
>>41179123
Also will it make me Effron or Rock type?
I am aiming for more leaner look and I don't actually know if there is an initial difference, does Rock comes after achieving Effron?

Using them as examples cause they're the only popular ones I can name, also I know this is a stupid question but I'd rather get them out of way now than when I'm working out, thanks already for replying though
>>
>>41179223
Oh sorry, this is boxing gym, WITH trainer. Forgot to specify.

Unless you also had that for $56. Then jesus I need to move down there.
>>
>>41179236
with trainer that seems more reasonable.
>>
>>41179234
You need to read the sticky and learn about building muscle. You don't just "achieve" a mode. Your body responds to your exercises, like a sculpture. If you ignore one part, it isn't going to magically fill out.

If you're wanting to look like a hollywood muscle guy you'll probably want to look into steroids because that's how a majority of them transform so easily.
>>
File: 1487441817627.jpg (30KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487441817627.jpg
30KB, 540x960px
>>41176329
>>
>>41179074
>kettle bells
>memes
they aren't memes, son. they've been used by martial artists of all kinds including the top UFC fighters to great effect for ages. the only meme about kettlebells is the way they are used in shitty healthclub gyms for 'functional strength'
>>
>>41179234

Use a program called "Starting Strength". It works and is for beginners. Don't deviate from it and you'll have a solid frame a muscle within 6-12 months. After that, then you can begin trying to "sculpt" your preferred look.

If you can't handle that much and don't feel like researching into it more until you understand it, then maybe getting /fit/ isn't for you.
>>
>>41179123
not entirely true. training 6 or 7 days a week is a must for oly lifters and some powerlifting programs have you training 5 or 6 days per week with varying intensity
>>
>>41179318
Oh okay thanks, I keep seeing people shit on them here. And didn't know if they were functional or not.
>>
>>41179267
kek
>>
DEADLIFT, SQUAT, BENCH AND OVERHEAD PRESS, DIPS AND PULL UPS

EAT 3000 kcal / day

You're welcome OP.
>>
>>41176329
Have you tried talking to her ?

Why does it feel like people who dont talk about their problems are the people that are in relationships why is that ?
>>
>>41179550
It's easy to get into a relationship
It's not easy to get into a good relationship
>>
Hi /fit/ I just started lifting and I'm doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Is it bad if I just work out every other day and not take the 2 day break at the end of the week? Pls help the gym is my only friend and I want to see it more often.
>>
>>41179264
Nope I don't mind achieving it over years, just wanted to make sure I have right direction, so these basic parts practically make up all body types to some extent.

I am asking cause all my friends who join gym end up with bulked arms and chest, but what I am looking for is more like pic related, I don't care how long it takes, I understand it's a marathon.

>>41179326
Got it thanks, I'll do that.

>>41179517
ty anon
>>
File: deadlift.jpg (14KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift.jpg
14KB, 400x340px
>>41179665
Forgot pic
>>
Best weightlifting shoes for 130 dollars or under?
Are ADIDAS PERFORMANCE
POWER PERFECT II any good?
>>
>>41179665
your friends are curlbros and should be disregarded
>>
>>41179665
not him, but the muscles you train will be the ones that grow.
besides that, not much you can influence, it's all genetics and diet.
>>
>>41179665
Starting Strength is decent too. I have went through with it and was unbalanced (stronger lower than upper body, SS is more heavy on the lower body). I would still go with Greyskull which uses the same "noob" mechanism (aka linear progression), but overall going with any of the well known LP programms will always work if you eat your oats and drink your milk.
General tip: Let people take a look at your form or, if there are only idiots around you (likely), take a video of yourself. Dont want to fuck up your back.
>>
>>41179869
Alright then, I've one absolutely last of stupid questions(I promise), where it says alternating in Greyskull you're supposed to do first one on week 1 and second one on week 2 right?
So in week 1 Day 1 I do overhead press and on Week 2 Day 1 I do Bench press, right? With weights starting from empty bar and adding 2.5/5.0 lbs as it says until I can finish a set with proper form/not 'too' easily.

Have I got that right? Cause I think I am otherwise all set now, cheers
>>
>>41179648
Look, rest is just as important as lifting weight. If you feel you can keep on doing that, sure go ahead. But, as a beginner I'd advice against for 2 reasons:

1. you dont know when you are not resting enought due to missing experience
2. this will lead to stalling easier (imagine missing caloric goal, not sleeping well -> immediate progress stop due to addition of less rest) and faster (obvoiusly, more workouts/week + less rest)

In the end you have to decide. IMO, in a Linear Program you are bound to stall sometime soon, no need to fasten that esp. if quality is at risk.
>>
>>41180050
Never mind, it's like I understand.
Thanks.
>>
>>41179945
I can not say that I thoroughly understood what you are saying but I think I know what your problem is.
Say your day 1 is Monday. You do OHP, Rows and Squats. Wednesday is your second training day this week and you do BP, Chin Ups and Deadlifts. On Saturday (d3) you do OHP, Rows and Squats again, on the next monday (d1) you do BP, CU, Squats, and you go on.
Alternate just means you switch them every workout.
>>
>>41179945
>>41180137
As this is the end of our conversation I feel like I have to tell you to choose better anime for your next thread. Good luck in the gym!
>>
i can run for 15 seconds then it feels like my heart will explode
how do i become healthier, and how do i run properly
>>
Texas method or Madcow?
>>
>>41180410
slower pace? How overweight are you
>>
how do i raise my pullups per set, my current limit is 4 wheni start, 6 when i warm up but thats pretty much it i cant do beyond that (normally i do 6 to 8 sets)

also how to train lower back with bodyweight
>>
>>41180506
30 pounds, 18somsthing @ 6'1, 21% bf
>>
>>41180528
6-8 sets is an awful lot of sets. Either way, you raise your amount of pullups by training lat and bicep strength. Either by trying to do more than 4-6 pullups or also doing other back exercises like rows.
>>
What can I do instead of squats/deads? I'm getting serious pain in my hip flexors and it's ruining my form.

Should I just switch to PPL or something? I'm just in it for aesthetics anyway. Currently lifting 250/225/150/110 in lbs
>>
>>41180633
don't have access to gym rn, what do you suggest for lat and bicep strength?
>>
>>41180633
and by 8sets im compensating for the lack of reps, is that wrong?
>>
>>41180650
it's not your hip flexors, it's femoral anterior glide (look it up on youtube).
learn to engage your glutes and abs, and stop stretching your hip flexors.
stretch adductors and glutes.
>>
>>41180662
>>41180652
If your max is 6 reps fresh, then being able to do 8 sets is a bit odd as you should be running out of steam.

You can alternate with chinups for a different kind of loading. There are also bodyweight options for rows, search for Calisthenics or Bodyweight training. There should also be some advice on how to program bodyweight training.
>>
>>41180680
Should I deload at the same time? I've been is serious pain, mostly when coming back up on the squat, but a little when not even exercising. It been killing me
>>
>>41180717
>serious pain
>when not even exercising
>killing me

do you think you should maybe take a break or deload?
>>
I want to try Texas Method, but it has squats 3 times a week and I do running twice a week. I don't think my legs can handle it. What are my options?
>>
>>41180727
It's only really painful when squatting. When not exercising I will feel a pinch(that is painful) but not often or constant.
>>
>>41180700
will do thanks lad
>>
>>41180742
Hip impingement? I don't know. But if you're hurting every time you squat it's time to take a break from the movement.
>>
>>41180740
Pick a program where you squat twice a week.
TM sucks anyway.

>>41180742
If something causes pain, you should stop doing it.
If it's really painful, you're an idiot if you continue.

Take one week off fromt squatting or deadlifting.
Then deload to 50% or so of normal working sets and work on the things I said earlier.
>>
>>41180771
Ok thanks m8
>>
How do I know what needs a smaller rep set and what needs a shorter rep set? Does hypertrophy require a greater number of reps than strength?
>>
>>41180771
What programs would you suggest?

Why does Texas Method suck?
>>
>>41179590
>It's easy to get into a relationship
Where do you think you are motherfucker?
>>
>>41180791
>smaller rep set
>shorter rep set

what?

either way hypertrophy generally does go for higher reps than strength.

Strength is usually 1-6, hypertrophy 8-15. 7 reps means you gained nothing so never do 7.

Depending on what your goals are this might change but in my opinion your "strength movements" should be done at lower reps whereas isolation work and some assistance work should be done at higher reps.
>>
New to lifting (3 weeks) but is there anyway to quickly build strength. I can still do 2 push ups which was the same case before. A year ago, I started on push ups and was doing 6-7 after 3 weeks. I've been doing dumbbells, shoulder press and stuff but not bench. Is that the key to quickly building strength in upper body?
>>
>>41180791
Big compound (movement at multiple joints) exercises can be done with less reps and more weight, often 3~8 reps.
Exercises where movement occurs at a single joint can be done with more reps and less weight, e.g. 8~12 reps.

Higher reps will be a bit better for size, while lower reps will be a bit better for strength.

>>41180798
Nuckols, candito, sheiko, tsa, your own programming, getting a coach.
TM sucks because it only works for a select group of people (college-aged males with good genetics).
>>
>start gym 6 weeks ago
>fuck around on cable machines and light weight lifts
>want to start a real programme tomorrow

Trouble is after reading seemingly every resource available there is conflicting information on every facet of every routine. Should I just do 5x5 SL for a couple months and see how that goes?
>>
>>41180904
i'd do 3x5 SL and start at reasonable weights (not the bar), but it's fine if you just follow the program.
SS is fine too.
GS-LP is fine too.

just pick something and stick to it for a couple of months.

don't worry about conflicting information, as long as you train with effort, eat well and sleep well, you'll be fine.
>>
>>41177265
Yeah run a fuck ton
>>
>>41176106

shut the fuck up and do strong lifts

why the fuck do you go to a gym to just do so damn pushups

stronglifts is simple and effective, you don't have to make it rocket science for it to work, just lift and eat according to your goals
>>
Is it worth it to swim once a week? I know it'll help in a calorie deficit, but will I notice any muscles getting more defined
>>
>>41181017
if you don't do any exercise now, yes, you'll get more defined (if you don't overeat).
otherwise, it's nice to help you stay healthy.
swimming is a good form of cardio.
>>
>>41180904
How many days are you going to go? I started on this James Bond Daniel Craig thing and I saw improvements definitely. The key is to stick to whatever you pick at least for 8-10 weeks
>>
>>41181036
I currently lift 4-5 times a week. But thank man :)
>>
What are some god-tier cardio exercices? Im not trying to lose fat, I just want something to strengthen my cardiovascular system.
>>
>>41181126
Swimming
>>
>>41181051
For the past few weeks I've been doing 5 days a week but not really following a plan, just machine circuits and cardio. Every routine I read is 3 days with rest between each lifting day, so I'll likely do that + a cardio day.

I plan on sticking to whatever I start though, just want to make sure I'm starting something half decent.
>>
>>41181126
Runs
>>
>>41180833
Whoops at work pressed for time I meant longer, But thank you more questions incoming
>>
>>41181126
just try whatever's available in your gym, and see what you like best.

some examples:
elliptical, crosstrainer, stairs step-up, walking, jogging, running, walking on an incline, rowing, cycling.

or do some shit outside the gym:
running, jogging, cycling, swimming.
>>
Is getting supplement protein worth it if you're not tracking your meals so you have no clue how much protein exactly you get from your meals?
>>
>>41176106
I really hate the monotony of working out.

AND

I also hate having to have such a regular schedule, as most working out in my life has been.

I think, for the kind of strength I want, I could
>just wear weights

Why and/or why not?
>>
>>41176106
what do after SS? I think I can milk it a bit more once I bulk again but I dont want my legs to grow bigger

I would maybe move to TM with added acessories just like I did with SS since I made sick gains with SS this way but I dont want my legs bigger
>>
>>41181559
Wearing weights is a stupid meme and won't give you any note worthy strength gains.

In my personal opinion people who complain about their routines being monotonous or boring are not putting any effort into their exercising. But alternatively you could just try a different kind of routine. If having a schedule triggers your autism then consider doing a Calisthenics routine, whenever the fuck you feel like it.
>>
>>41176106
Should I go 3 reps on front squats instead of 5 reps like typical? Front squats really exhaust me much more so was wondering if 3 reps i all I need.
>>
>>41181788
it is hard on the upper back, but your knees will thank you if you use the lighter weights that 5 reps require.
>>
File: 1492200257659.gif (2MB, 498x406px) Image search: [Google]
1492200257659.gif
2MB, 498x406px
What's a /fit/ approved lifting belt?
>>
File: 1482597133698.jpg (116KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482597133698.jpg
116KB, 600x800px
Can't afford gym right now and saving money for travel so even if I do buy membership it'll be wasted while I travel, I wanted to ask what's a good calisthenic routine I can do at home (nothing that includes pullups or bar stuff though I can do dips at home) I wanna get back into shape and make it brah but I've been slacking off and all the shit o gained way back when I hit the gym alot is gone and i feel shitty about that. Anything I can do in the meantime without a gym?
>>
I have a cut on my foot that seems infected. The internet just says "Put medicine on it." but what kind of medicine?
>>
>>41181852
I get that but Im trying to get my front squat up further. Im currently at 185 for 5 reps. I would like to hit 225 this year so would 3 reps help that instead of the 5? 3 reps is easier obviously but will 3 reps be enough for strength gain for front squats? Thanks for your first answer.

>>41181947
neosporin and bandaid so it doesnt reopen as you walk, cheap and will probably be all you need.
>>
>>41181998
>neosporin and bandaid so it doesnt reopen as you walk, cheap and will probably be all you need.

OK. It's kinda sore, but I'll just neosporin + bandaid it up for now.

FYI your front squat is not yet heavy enough for you to do less than 5 reps.
>>
Hey /fit/,
What's the name of the strong-enough-to-look-good-shirtless-but-not-big-enough-to-look-weird-wearing-tailored-shirts mode?
>>
>>41182038
Otter mode
>>
>>41181998
you don't need to do less reps if you wanna progress.
instead of doing a few sets close to failure with 5 reps, you can do some more sets while staying 2 reps from failure.

are you following a program?
>>
>>41182032
>FYI your front squat is not yet heavy enough for you to do less than 5 reps
I guess im just a weak bitch.
>>41182067
no program as of yet I was more trying out front squats and investigating them as of now. Is there a good program that caters to front squats instead of usual SS, Greyskull, etc.
>>
>>41181621
How is getting swole from carryn mo' a maymay?
>>
File: cSMy7Oq.jpg (64KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
cSMy7Oq.jpg
64KB, 600x444px
>>41180528
Dude what the fuck is wrong with all these people unable to do pullups?
I played sports in middle school, and was able to do 30-40 straight in 8th grade at 5'8 120, quit sports and stopped working out all of highschool (smoke and drank heavily) and could still do 30 at 6'3 170. Even at my bulkiest at 190 that didn't change, and they have never been a major part of my workouts.
Do you retards have poor coordination or what? I seriously don't understand this.
>>
>>41180528
Also, for lower backs with bodyweight, try doing dragon flags, squats, lunges(especially pistol), bicycle crunches(with proper form you fuck) and running. As long as you don't run like a stroke victim that shit will get your back all good.
>>
I have got quite a bit of discomfort in my back. No pain though.

Right below shoulderblades, id say lower half of ribcage (back). Stings when i take deep breaths.

Are there any stretches to fix this, or should i see a masseuse?
>>
I've been lifting for a while now, making moderate progress, but in the mean time I've ballooned to fat because my diet was shit. This year I finally realized it and started eating better and counting calories. I'm down to 195 from 220 since January, but I'm tired of not making any progress on my lifts.

What could I add to my routine to do a little more? Currently I'm doing Squat/Bench/Row A and Squat/Press/Deadlift B, MWF, with a 45 minute run T/R.
>>
>>41176106
Start with basic calisthenics and running.
You will get a 100% bullet proof base of strength, flexibility and endurance that you can easily apply into any part of your life from now on.
Sports, lifting weights, any physical hobby you want, banging out ho's. It's all profit with no downsides.

Once you master the basics of pushups, situps, squats, chinups/pullups, and bridges/ghr you can move on to the more advanced stuff(one arm pushups, pistols, full glute ham raises, one arm chinups) and become pound for pound very very strong. Even compared to the few natural weight lifting guys in gyms.
>>
>>41182563
You didnt do 30 pullups at 190 lbs. Why are you lieing just to make people feel bad? It is unbecoming.
>>
File: 4620863_orig[1].jpg (21KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
4620863_orig[1].jpg
21KB, 400x343px
First time doing squats

My C5 vertebra hurts - where the bar was in contact with my neck

Am I doing something wrong or will this stop happening?
>>
>>41182687
The bar shouldnt rest on your neck, not even when doing highbar squats.
>>
>>41182646
Bruh I was doing 3 sets of 30 like Aubrey Plaza was squatting on top of the rack, maybe it's just the way pitching isolated muscles or genetics or something but I've never been unable to do less than 20 at any given time. On the other hand, I feel like it has something to do with some kind of coordination issue on your guys' end.
>>
>>41182698
it was on my traps but still touching my spine

should it not touch my neck at all?
>>
>>41182719
If you say so, bruh.
>>
>>41182786
Not that anyone cares, but once I'm back in town this Saturday I'll make a thread about freaks of nature and you can watch a dyel crush it.
>>
>>41182773
>should it not touch my neck at all?
Yes. You retract your scapulas enough that it creates a "pad" for the bar. If you're skinny, it will be a skinny skin pad but just enough to rest the bar.
>>
>>41182773
Where on your traps? If you pull your shoulders back and keep your back strong there should be a nice little shelf for the bar to rest on, at the base of your traps.
>>
>>41176329
yeah it called talk to your gf buddy. tell her whats wrong with the relationship for you right now and go from there
>>
>>41182838
>>41182773
Even below c7, according to your picture. might seem a little low at first but thats where it goes.

>i thought i was doing lowbar squats for years until i found out that the highbar placement is actually that fucking low
>>
>>41182818
>>41182773
It's normal if your skelly. Try to retract as much as possible. Chances are your tiny traps don't hold it off your boney back.
Mine went away after week or two. Now it's only slightly tender. Make sure it isn't sitting right on your spine though and that you do have your full retracted. Grow them traps boiiii
>>
>>41182818
>>41182838
Is this what I'm aiming for?

I now understand the scapulas have to be retracted pretty much all the way; I was only doing that a little
>>
>>41182563
>I played sports in middle school, and was able to do 30-40 straight in 8th grade at 5'8 120,
So you are a thin athlete. Lot of people here are recovering fat gamers. Its hard to pull up overweight bodies.
>>
>>41182895
looks good to me.
>>
>>41182895
Yes, exactly.

However, elbows should be pointing downward, not backwards. At 1st this may feel kinda weird but you get used to it quickly.
>>
>>41182905
>>41182936
Nice, thanks for the help /fit/
>>
>>41182902
Even when I let myself go to shit, never less than 20, that's what's concerning. You've got a point with the fat gamer thing, so it seriously has to be something with their coordination and isometrics.
>>
>>41182957
Its the weight. Its harder to do bodyweight when your weight is heavier. The learning curve is harder. Which is easier, 1 pull up at 250lbs or 1 pullup at 120lbs. You also said you let yourself go to shit. Your weight is still low for your height in highschool and drinking and alcohol arent going to kill muscle.
>>
>>41182957
>so it seriously has to be something with their coordination and isometrics.

It has nothing to do with "coordination and isometrics". The average person lacks the strength/is too heavy.
>>
Anyone here tried food substitutes like soylent or biolent?

I am thinking of giving it a try this summer.
>>
>>41183012
You're saying the ability to maintain good form, use the muscle groups effectively and in compliment, and then hold them in position without fatigue has nothing to do with doing multiple reps of an exercise that allows for your lower body to swing around and waste energy?
I don't disagree with your point, but c'mon man.
>>41182992
>the learning curve is harder
This makes the most sense, not having the basics probably makes it much harder. It still just seems so weird.
>>
>>41183059
Don't know about soylent bc it's not available where I live, but I usually keep a mix of milk powder, protein powder and oats that I mix with whole milk and spoons natural peanut butter for meal substitutes. Many times this ends up being my "dinner" and post-workout meal.
>>
>>41183059
Skip the soy, I know it's bioscience and phytoestrogens aren't as bad as the memes say, but try finding a nut or pea alternative.
>>
Quickie: Insanity workout or jogging (with walking until cardio gets better) for about 30 ~ 45 min. Which one is better?
>>
File: zyzz.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>born healthy
>turn out 2m tall w/ 7/10 face
>naturally wide shoulders and good insertions
>put on weight easily
>squander genetic blessings by always being slightly overweight and not doing any serious lifting
Im going to hell aren't I.
>>
>>41182957
"max" number of pullups is a meme anyways since it depends 90% on form. I can do 30 til failure or 15 til failure depending on whether or not i keep strict form
>>
>>41183196
What are you wanting to accomplish? Exercise doesn't differ that much as far as calorie burning goes.
>>
>>41183279
Weightloss, mainly fatloss.
>>
>>41176118
>skipping leg day for
>"medical reasons"

I'm allergic to squats too anon
>>
Is Stronglifts really enough for aesthetics?
>>
File: 1490468204035.jpg (61KB, 355x322px) Image search: [Google]
1490468204035.jpg
61KB, 355x322px
>>41183249
THIS
>"won't make any gains squatting with shit form"
>"form has nothing to do with pullups"
We might as well not even be the Fitness board anymore.
>>
>>41183164
Any reason why?

Biolent fit this criteria, however it has really low calories. Think I could add milk to it instead of water?
>>
>>41183401
base your diet on vodka and winegums and do zumba
>>
>>41183433
Just from an aspect of overall health, for the same reason you shouldn't eat corn. Unless you're from a region that evolved eating soy, you're going to notice some effects. While PE 's won't make your dick fold inside out and give you D cups, it does cause hormone imbalances. Arguably, having soy every now and again could cause your body to react by producing more testosterone to balance out, but using it daily as a substitute isn't a keen idea. Just play it safe. If you're just dying for that taste, however, fermented soy products like soy sauce are fine and won't effect you aside from possible sodium spikes (get the shit without wheat as it's just a filler and really ruins the taste, I recommend San-J)
>>
>>41183502
Thank you kindly for the answer.

I'll probably go for the food substitute without soy.
>>
File: 1492803123735.jpg (15KB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1492803123735.jpg
15KB, 257x212px
>>41183517
Any time bud, it's better to help than to hinder.
>>
>>41183304
Your concern should be diet, not exercise.

read the sticky
>>
File: narrow-hips-295x300.png (134KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
narrow-hips-295x300.png
134KB, 295x300px
Im a 6'1" 175lbs skinnyfat DYEL noob finishing my first month of Stronglifts.

Im eating to cut the flab and lifting everyday. My question is, would swimming increase my aesthetics gains if i incorporate some swimtime?
>>
Does soymilk really have estrogen in it? I love the way it tastes but I dont want it messing with my testosterone levels. Are there any other other milk substitutes that are better?
>>
>>41183721
It does, and almond milk(which has almond-coconut and almond-pea varieties) is the best alternative so far.
>>41183715
Swimming is fantastic, will aid in recovery, free up your joints and tendons, and has huge benefits to cardiovascular work. Not to mention it works every muscle in your body.
>>
>>41183715
any sort of exercise will help your gains, but only if you do it consistently.

Swimmer builds are what they are because, well, they do it practically every day.

>>41183721
i honestly think that any claim of estrogen in soy is silly and even if it does it's not going to hurt your test.

Are you lactose intolerant? Why are you avoiding regular milk?
>>
What are some good accessories to OHP? Started doing SL a couple of weeks ago and I'm already failing at 30kg (65lb).
>>
If something is 23g of carbs, 3g of those being sugar and 2g being fiber, what are the other grams of carbs?
>>
>>41183819
More frequency, more reps, less weight. Ohp does not work well on the 5x5 once a week scheme. You might as well do it heavy once a week, and lightly (60-70%) for more reps twice a week.
>>
>>41183819
Try doing handstands alongside planks, and work some full-cup raises in to try and get your delts, lats and traps into the groove. All three of those exercises also help with your serratus as a stabilizer, and that makes a huge difference. The most important thing might be your breathing, try to keep your ribcage fully expanded even when you inhale, focus on using your diaphragm while keeping your back straight.
>>
>>41183883
So do it heavy on the exercise which the program says, and light on the others? Thank you!
>>41183916
I'll do them all, however I couldn't find full-cup raises on google. How do I do them?
Thank you very much for the form tip as well! I find breathing properly, or rather expanding the chest and core, very challenging. I think it might be because of my relatively weak core, but I'll keep trying.
>>
>>41184015
Start without weight, and see how your supraspinatis feels (the muscle under the spike on your shoulder), but start with your feet shoulder width, and palms facing forward. Keeping your arms comfortably extended, bring them up on your side's until they're straight up, without shrugging or locking out. This is basically the alternative to lat raises, and reduces the risk of injury/improves blood flow to your arms. Don't feel bad if you can't do many or with a heavy weight, I've been training for years and limit myself to 30lbs, 10 reps for 4 sets.
You might want to try opening up your chest a bi concerning the expansion deal, just lay on a pillow on your back body-lengthwise, and lay your arms straight out the sides. You should feel your chest and shoulders as your arms eventually drop to the floor, and if you practice breathing in that position for 5 minutes a day it can be huge.
>>
File: 1478183339362.jpg (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478183339362.jpg
40KB, 1024x768px
When you guys get a cold that leaves you feeling a bit weaker than usual, do you take a session off to try and get over it as quick as you can, or do you just power through? Nose is running like a bitch.
>>
>>41184104
So like this? http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Supraspinatus/DBFullCanLateralRaise.html

Thanks for the breathing exercise too!
>>
>>41181947
Try oil and clotriomazole.
Soak a cotton ball in oil
Put on cut
Bandage
>>
I got into a car accident the other day and got some minor whiplash. Now my neck is really sore and I was prescribed some muscle relaxants to help straighten out my neck.

How long should I wait before I start working out again and are there some exercises I can do still without hurting myself right now.
>>
>>41176740
In 30 days I've lost 12kgs which is like 26lbs
>>
>>41182853
>>41179550
Yeah, I'll talk to her I've just been acting like an idiot not doing so. Thanks for your input.
>>
Can pseudoepinephrine be used in a similar manner as as epinephrine for an ECA stack?
>>
>>41184379
Yessir that's exactly it. Any time! Your motivation is keen, you're going to have no problem reaching your goals.
>>
>>41185021
Eca stack means ephedrine caffeine aspirin. There's no epinephrine.
>>
>>41185021
>epinephrine
Do you die every time you diddly anon?
>>
>>41185061
yes but its VERY similar pharma wise.
>>
>>41185091
Where the FUCK did you study biochemistry you fool? Yeah, no, go ahead and try using psuedoepinephrine.
>>
File: 1492284337702.jpg (39KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1492284337702.jpg
39KB, 567x437px
I just had half of a bottle of sprite, how fucked am I? How many weeks back of training is this gonna put me?
I hate myself so much.
>>
>>41185873
ALL OF THEM
EVERY SINGLE WEEK OF WORK AND EFFORT
GONE!!!
YOU GLUTTONOUS WHORE!
No but seriously. Chill out.
It's a half bottle of sprite.
Drink naught but water, go back to your diet and stay the course.
As long as 80% of your diet is on point and you are consistent and stick to it, the other 20% of your diet and occasional fuck up and trash is okay.
AS LONG AS YOU ARENT GOING FULL YOLO you're good.
>>
File: 1492645198288.jpg (77KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1492645198288.jpg
77KB, 528x792px
This may seem like an autistic question, but when you guys keep track your workout that involve dumbbells, do you write down the weight of each individual dumbbell or the total weight of both dumbbells...?
>>
Any TDEE calculators for someone on AAS?
>>
>>41185938
I do the individual weight.
>>
What is it about construction work that attracts the most uneducated retards?
>>
File: 1492653042765.png (3MB, 1500x1522px) Image search: [Google]
1492653042765.png
3MB, 1500x1522px
>>41186178
Thanks!
>>
Fag that just learned how to swim here for cardio gains. Hoping more experienced swimmers can chime in. My legs keep fucking sinking during freestyle, and I can feel myself tense or arch my low back a lot. I use a snorkel to practice form, but when I try to tuck my chin in hopes that the rest of my body will follow to be more horizontal and streamlined, water gets in my snorkel every time. Any ideas?
>>
I think I may have impinged my shoulder doing front raises. Nothing too crazy, just 35lb dumbbells, which I normally do. Except now it felt like I almost dislocated my shoulder on one of the reps, I kind pulled it back, continued workout and it felt fine. Couple hours later though and it hurts to move my arms in certain positions. Any ideas boys, or experience with this? Was gonna sleep on it and see how it felt tomorrow
>>
>>41186484
Could be a lot of things, I've never personally felt like my legs are sinking so I can't really give advice based on personal experience but I'd suspect either you have a weak core, your pull is bad or your kicking way too hard/far for your strength level.

I'd recommend you keep your kicking to smaller flutter kicks, and really focus on reaching as far as possible on your pull to keep your body stretched out.

Also, watch how much you tuck your chin, ideally you should be looking forward at around a 45 degree angle.
>>
>>41186484

Simple, head down more and hips up.
>>
i get pain right above my left knee when i squat deep sometimes

am i going to cripple myself
>>
>>41184150
When not too bad, I just get some movements in.

But better one missed workout then some infection.
>>
How's this routine for a beginer?
http://www.howtobeast.com/get-jacked-with-this-simple-barbell-bulking-routine/
>>
What are the benefits of a cold showers?
>>
>>41182641
Then do I do Greyskull or calisthenics? Cause right now I am pretty much doing nothing but some calisthenics and I was gonna start Greyskull from today.

Is there any advantage to doing some calisthenics before you start lifting? Hell I can probably do both, some starching, other muscle exercises, then Greyskull, only thing I am doing extra is pushups, already doing chinups.

So Greyskull would be adding only two more, to a Day(overhead push and squats).
>>
>>41187327
Hell about about calisthenics on off days?
>>
Which guide should I read? Both? Which one is better?

https://stronglifts.com/deadlift/
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/how-to-deadlift/

Question applies to their other guides like Squat as well.
>>
>>41187029
Decent but I guarantee you'll see better results with Starting Strength, also assistance exercises like curls are basically useless, especially for beginners

http://www.ergo-log.com/separate-exercises-for-biceps-and-triceps-not-really-necessary.html
>>
>>41181559
Bump
>>
>>41187327
>>41187345
Please answer, should I start with Greyskull or keep doing calisthenics? I only got like 15 minutes to decide..
>>
>>41179201
>>41179223

Yeah like literally how

I also live in LA and pay about $45 per month for access to 24 hour fitness which is fucking everywhere
>>
File: 1490524009903.jpg (31KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1490524009903.jpg
31KB, 395x395px
i am thinkin about doing PPL, but changing the routine to this; PxPxPLP. It's ofc Pull then Push etc. i am natty, eating 2k calories a day, 180g protein, weighing 185lbs, 6'1. i've been doing SL for some time and i wanna make the switch. how does it look?
>>
>>41176106
When people say they lift 1/2/3/4 plate, is that for 1rm or is it for a specific amount of reps
>>
>>41187775
what would it matter?
>>
>>41187803
I'd like to be on the same page as everyone else....?
>>
What are some good weekly progression routines that do not require squats three times a week?
>>
So i had to take a 2 week break from gym and i feel like shit. Is it possible to lose a considerable amount of body gains in such a time frame or is it just psychological ?
>>
>Jp qt gf wants to lose weight
>tell her she should work out with me too of she doesn't want a skinny flabby ass
>asks me what type of women I like
>send her pic related
>she gets angry
>says I have a terrible taste in women and she is ugly

Am I in the wrong here?
>>
>>41187957
Assuming you weren't eating like an anorexic for those 2 weeks, the strength loss is real but easier to reclaim than it was to originally acquire. The gains aren't gone they're just asleep you could say

>>41187645
Starting Strength's Deadlift guide is in my opinion the best out there.
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 236x353px
>>41187975

Forgot pic
>>
>>41187977
My diet was ok with the exception of too many cheat meals. I do not feel like i lost my strength but i feel like a fat ass even when my weight is the same
>>
>>41187994
>too many cheat meals
a calorie surplus is the better option. Just lower the weights and start lifting again.
>>
File: rin nakai.jpg (86KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rin nakai.jpg
86KB, 1440x1080px
>>41187980
lmao I showed my Chinese girlfriend Rin Nakai once and she was pissed all day
>>
>>41185037
Thank you so much!
>>
>>41188013

I'd be lying if I said Ai hadn't busted a nut or two to her. I thought of sending rin to her but knew it would be suicide so I just sent shiho
>>
Can I recover from squatting thrice a week and running twice a week in between those?
>>
>>41188027
Yeah don't do it man, I probably shouldn't have described her body as a "work of art" either but hey can't change the past.
>>
>>41188048

She is art though. Aside from being aassive womanlet. I actually have trained at the same judo dojo she used to train at in Japan (when she was a kid). Everyone knows who she is. Less about the fact she poses half naked.
>>
>>41188013
Is that a tranny?
>>
>>41188082

That's rin nakai and she would kick your ass.
>>
File: rin nakai 2.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rin nakai 2.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>41188075
Sweet, I could never into judo, only wrestling and jits.

>>41188082
Nah she's a jacked female MMA fighter who has a lot of scantily clad photos and crazy outfits. She came to the UFC for awhile but was very undersized.
>>
I'm doing SS, but I don't want to power clean. Can I just keep deadlifting every workout?
>>
Are dumbell wrist curls bad for your wrists in the long run
>>
I'm 5'6" 138 lbs at ~15% body fat. Is it a realistic goal to be at 150lbs at 10% body fat by January?
>>
>>41188105
No, either do the power cleans or do a different program.
>>
>>41188103

Loving judo. Way more than I did boxing. Randori is a great cardio workout too. Beats the shit out of running.
>>
>>41188132
Yeah it looks really fun. My gym offers pretty much everything (boxing, dutch kickboxing, muay thai, gi jiujitsu, no gi jiujitsu, MMA, wrestling, mongolian wrestling, san da, some other chinese stuff I'm not familiar with) except for Judo and it's a bummer.
>>
>not worked out, eaten, taken creatine or do anything for past 2 days
what's going on lads?
>>
What can I eat to achieve this, vegetarian and I don't mind just eating grains.
cal 1250
carb 100
protein 95
>>
>>41188506
If you eat eggs and milk, then that's what you need. If you avoid any animal product, your best options are nutritional yeast or protein powders.

Grains and greens won't have anywhere near enough proteins to cover that amount of proteins, and its proteins is low quality one (low on essential a.a.), so you need to complement with animal or fungal protein if you want gains (nutritional yeast and mushrooms).
>>
1.2kg of kidney beans approximately hits exactly these goals.
>>
WHATS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIP THRUSTS AND GLUTE BRIDGES
>>
>>41188590
hip trust: shoulders on bench, feet on floor
typically done with a barbell on hips

glute bridge: shoulders on floor, feet on floor
typically done single-legged, or with a plate on belly
>>
I alternate every workout between the bench press and the OHP, should I just do incline press every time instead?
>>
>>41176329
Pro-tip:

If your own GF is flaking on you or not talking to you, then she's not excited to interact with you.

Consider the relationship dead, tbqh.

Don't get torn up about it. Learn from it.

As a male your job is to be interesting and a powerful resource controller. If you expect to attract a gf with anything less than that, then you are being entitled.

Find out why she stopped being interested and overcome that so you don't feel haunted.
>>
flexibility question

>be obese for years
>absolutely no activity (unless you consider playing WoW in a recliner active)
>lose weight
>be working out
>look normal with a bit of a stomach pouch now
>constant back pain
>do my first yoga class, online
>try to bend over forward like they all were and touch my toes
>can't bend my back forward much at all
>they're like bending almost complete 180 degrees, and I can't even get past like a 45 degree angle
>my hands are at my knees, they're touching their toes

Am I fucked, or can I keep stretching and doing yoga and eventually get there?

I have an extra lumbar vertebrae and mild scolliosis
>>
What do you do when you know that failure is coming and you'll have to go through a deload?
>>
File: 1492181509467.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492181509467.png
263KB, 420x420px
Tomorrow I'm joining my local student powerlifting organisation for a try-out training. The coach knows I'm coming, but what should I be expecting? Like, they'll show me around and I ask questions and then they take me through a standard training?

I'm scared to be outed as an complete autist. What if I get there and I'm supposed to just do my own thing but I end up waddling around without purpose
>>
File: CB April.jpg (31KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
CB April.jpg
31KB, 405x720px
>>41176106

Hey lads, I have a couple questions, I'll keep it succint

One: I have hyper mobility in my joints. This means certain exercises, but mostly ones involving shoulders, sometimes are quite painful, particularly OHP and Bench. Anything I can do about this? I've also tried doing the starting stretching routine, but this is also painful. Any alternative stretching routines that don't stress joints as much and perhaps work your muscles and ligaments more?

Two: is there anything in general that you'd recommend for someone like me, with my joint issues? Sometimes my hip joints hurt as well.

And finally, for someone with my proportions and body type, what sort of path should I go for, if its possible to tell? Some people say my short, stocky torso and stocy arms/thick legs would make for a good powerlifter, but I'm not sure. I just want to maximise my stats by going for the best possible route for me.

Thank you very much.
>>
>>41188807
>Am I fucked, or can I keep stretching and doing yoga and eventually get there?
You're fucked, for sure, but you can get there too. Mobility is all about habits. Try to spend less time sitting. Hang yourself from bar some times a day. Try to spend the most time squatting as you can, slav squatting every hour or so.

Besides yoga, do some stretch routine at a fixed time every day. I enjoy doing it just before shower. Alan Thrall stretching routine is great.

At first this will seems as too much willingness, but you get used to hit, just like brushing your teeth after a meal etc.

For touching toes, do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v3nYaVq1t4 . If you don't get it at first, keep doing everyday.
>>
is bulking and then cutting actually a meme? I'm doing 6 months of bulking and got fatter. I'm really afraid i'll lose all my muscle when I start cutting on july
>>
>>41188109
Pls respond
>>
>>41188875
Thanks, I'll keep at it.

This is the video thing I saw online, did it on Saturday, and again on Sunday.. I think I'll make it a daily thing once I get home from work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvt1JPkgpPA

They main stretching they do there seems like the same thing he's doing.. Which is closer to what mine looks like since I'm not a female, or flexible.
>>
>>41188841
When in doubt, ask someone for instructions.
>>
>>41188842
1. Just find exercises for body parts that don't cause any pain and do those. After a while try others/ exercises that previously hurt and see if you notice a difference

2. If you legitimately have some form of genetically inherited hypermobility I'd probably check with a doctor before taking anyones advice here. Otherwise something low impact like swimming or cycling.

3. Dont choose a 'path' based on what you think your body type is good for. You might be stockier and able to lift more than some other dyel out of the gate because of it but who cares. Just find a routine and stick to it
>>
File: 1490931194551.png (164KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490931194551.png
164KB, 1280x600px
I've been doing all the compound lifts of Starting Strength and it's been great and all, but I really really want to add some more stuff because I have plenty of energy, am not sore, and am getting my rest and everything just fine.

What accessories can I add in?
>>
>>41189169
(neutral grip) pull-ups, barbell rows, seated cable row, lat pulldown, push-ups, dumbell curls, ez curlbar overhead triceps extensions, cable face-pulls.
>>
>>41189169
Depends on what lifts you're trying to improve/ what muscles you want to isolate and grow.

Doesn't starting strength already have curls?

I'd probably add some skullcrushers or some hanging leg raises
>>
>>41189169
Starting Strength does start off very light. Give it time

Being sore should never be a goal, soreness does not indicate quality of workout.

But sure if you have time and energy to spare I'd add at most two assistance exercises afterwards. Pullups are great shit.
>>
can my allergies trigger water retention?

I gained 3kg in 1month while eating clean and I'm freaking out, I cut my cardio time in half and I started lifting seriously since the last time I weighted myself.
>>
>>41189389
Did you increase salt consumption?
>>
>>41189464
not really, unless its on this new meat I'm buying, but it isn't that high on the nutritional information

I'll will weight myself again in a couple days just incase
>>
>>41189336
>seeing lifting as an activity that should be min-maxed and grinded through

N E V E R G O N N A M A K E I T
>>
>>41187775
Those are plates for lifts. That usually means they 1 plate ohp, 2 bench, 3 squat, 4 dead
>>
>>41187912
everyone else is not on the same page though
but majority would say it is for reps and sets

>>41189832
how does that answer anything
>>
>>41189234
Pretty much want everything from thighs upward to grow. SS doesn't have curls so I guess I'll get on those
>>41189336
Noted, I just said Im not sore to indicate that IM not overworking and I can take more. Pullups it is, theyre hard as hell tho.
>>41189219
thank you
>>
>>41178151
How much of a curve? Probably not. Might even be better for the girl.
>>
>>41189150

the thing is, Bench + OHP are pretty damn important exercises. I don't wanna go without them unless I can find an alternative. And yes, I do, I went to a doctor, did full body x-rays and other tests and I actually have it.

Also, my left shoulder appears to be higher than my right and my body twists/bar gets lifted by left shoulder when I squat. What exercises can i do to correct this, either through some form of physiotherapy/mobility or hypertrophy? Lat raises and shrugs?

And I'm doing SS currently (been lifting for 3 months) and just taking a break from that to do some volume training for a little bit, but I just want to find whatever my optimal path would be. I guess you're right though, I'll find that on my own gradually. Just don't wanna end up being a weightlifter when my hypertrophied physique looks shit and I'd look better and be more efficient as a powerlifter.
>>
>>41189852
You're right, I'm sorry. Lurk moar.
>>
>>41187775
>>41189852
Unless you mean what do people mean when they put they lift 1plate and not that they can lift 1/2/3/4? Because those are different things.
>>
I have long legs and a small torso so are there ways to stretch my torso? It would probably make my abs look better.
>>
>cutting for summer
>fatter than I thought I was
>2 pounds a week isn't enough
>REEEEE I DONT WANNA BE FAT AT THE BEACH
>>
>>41190268
not possible
>>
If I wanna stay as small as possible but increase strength as much as I can, should I do very low repa with high weight? Like 3 reps per set until failure?
>>
Any gain loss from donating plasma or am I good to sell myself?
>>
>>41190388
Strength programs will generally not make you fucking huge if you don't eat at a good enough surplus. Strength programs will add some size but mostly strength and definition if you eat at a smaller surplus.
>>
File: IMG_2319.jpg (149KB, 1025x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2319.jpg
149KB, 1025x2048px
may i have a bodyfat% estimation? i was thinking low 30%? around 29-32%s ish?

thanks fit

177 lbs, 5'short
>>
not really a question but i need someone to post the rich piana pic with "SKIN CANCER - SARA TAKES THE HOUSE- etc."
Anyone who can help a brother out?
>>
Are pullups absolutely required? I've been doing them for about 2 years now with meh results, and now all they really do is fuck up my rhomboids.

I seem to be getting better results with just BB row and bent over db row..
>>
>>41176106
im on month 5 of SL

is it dumb to do hiit on my days of? will it kill my gains?
>>
File: 51dnfwlQNiL.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51dnfwlQNiL.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Is this whey protein worth it?

Doing exercise from monday to friday (50 mins cardio, 6 x 6 pushups until failure, 6 x 15 weights), i'm being told that i need to be careful with my scoliosis while doing weight so i don't know if i am a candidate for protein supplements.
>>
Should I weigh chicken before or after I cook it to put into myfitnesspal?
>>
Anyone got that pick with guy with backpack, blueshorts, beard and no shirt?
>>
>>41190509
Yeah around 28%.
>>
I'm new to lifting, and as I lift I've noticed my stomach makes it difficult for me. I get nautious and dizzy when lifting heavy and I think it's because my core is really weak.

Will doing situps to strengthen my core relieve this?
>>
Is it safe to run a 2000+ calorie deficit if I'm burning around 5000-6000 per day? I'm around 20% bf and can burn 5000+ per day and want to get down to 10% as quick as possible before I eat maintenance again.
>>
Are box squats going to parallel still good for building quads?
I've been recovering from an injury and I'm still scared to do full squats.
>Get over it pussy
Pls no.
>>
>>41191459
DNP?
>>
>>41191763
No you degenerate, with a lot of exercise
>>
>>41191798
You're not burning 5-6000 calories a day without harming your body or using supps you faggot.
>>
>>41191459
Are you running like 2 marathons a day or are you confused
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 286x176px
Normalfag here, i don't even lift. Came to /fit/ just out of curiosity.

I am 20 years old, 183cm, 80kg and overall health. But i have never eaten a vegetable and i don't pretend to start. What are the consequences?
>>
>>41191984
Vitamin deficient and inconsistent/low fiber intake, which is correlated with colon cancer.
>>
>>41191984
What does your shit look like
>>
Is it ok to do cardio on rest days, or is it kill?
>>
>>41192047
Yes.
>>
I have diarrhea. I'm shitting liquid every few hours, but besides that I feel fine. Should I still lift?
>>
>>41192075
Ok yes?

Or kill yes?
>>
>>41191984
grow up pussy
>>
>>41192147
Yes it's okay but you may end up suffering with DOMS for longer.
>>
>>41192147
Yes you can cardio on rest days. Rest days are for resting the muscles you used. So unless you did an intensive leg day, you're fine to do cardio
>>
File: 1490412924563.png (957KB, 1960x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1490412924563.png
957KB, 1960x1044px
I know there is a few wise people here and /adv/ is total shit so I came here. I find myself venturing from topic to topic, learning constantly about things but never mastering them. Like I'd be into learning the guitar for a few months then shift to, let's say, cryptography. I stay there for some time learning about it and then I just shift. Is there a way to put this ADD to use? How do I make it my advantage?
>>
>>41192042
pretty normal

>>41192008
well i eat lots of fruit
>>
>>41191809
>>41191868
Biking 100 miles a day. I won't start working until a few weeks into the summer. I was going to do this anyway by waking up around 7 and biking all day. I'm just wondering if I can eat a larger deficit if it means I'm burning more. Its a simple fucking question someone just answer me instead of being like "hurr durr two marathons a day." I'll ask again. IS IT OKAY TO EAT AT A LARGER DEFICIT THAN 1000 IF IM BURNING OVER 5000 A DAY? For once I'd like to get some actual advice on here not just retards shitposting.
>>
>>41192595
2 marathons a day is a fuckload of effort anon, you should listen them
>>
File: Screenshot_20170423-222824.jpg (203KB, 1440x963px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170423-222824.jpg
203KB, 1440x963px
Is picture attached a good beginner routine? Is called 'FIERCE 5', SUPER popular on bb.com. Add 5kg/ week lower body, 2.5kg/week upper body.
>>
File: 1487540524884.png (1MB, 784x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1487540524884.png
1MB, 784x1012px
How accurate are the nutrition facts on wikipedia? sometimes MyFitnessPal doesn't give me good bives on some foods and I google it, but still I get mixed results most of the time.
>>
>>41192595
Your fucking dumb as fuck that's why. Hur dur. I gonna bike away 3000 calories by going a measly hundred miles. How about try it then and gauge your results. If your fat a high deficit isn't such a big deal. It really hit me hard as bf% got lower. Once I started hitting 15 to 20% I became to weak to maintain my lifts and started going backwards. I watched my biceps get smaller. I have since added 500 calories and feel amazing
>>
>>41192757
Doesn't it say on the packaging?
>>
How can a zero caloric drink actually be zero calories?
>>
>>41193034
I mean shit like veggies and meat from the store.
>>
>>41193091
I usually just use the generic standard option that is verified.
>>
File: ceiling.jpg (120KB, 1190x864px) Image search: [Google]
ceiling.jpg
120KB, 1190x864px
I want to install a pullup bar and need help finding one that will function in the available room. Pic related.

>Room & anon specs
The room is 2.5 meters or 8ft 2.5" high. I am 2.0 meters or 6.7" tall. There are 2 wooden beams available for mounting a pullup bar running along the ceiling. They extend 21cm or 8" downwards from the ceiling and are 6.5cm or 2.5" thick. There is 59cm or 23" between them. Sides of room are sloped.

Shoops of me hanging from the ceiling are welcome.
>>
I didn't lift for a month and didn't lose any strength. Is that possible or am I deluding myself?
>>
How slow should my negative chin ups be?
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.