[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Position of feet and knees while squatting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

The internet says I should keep my toes pointed forward and while squatting.

Everytime I squat though, my toes start pointing outwards naturally just like my knees.

Is this a bad thing? Do you have any tips on how to squat with 'proper' knee and feet position?
>>
>>41174721
nah pointing outward is fine, atleast for me, as long as you can get a bit below parallel
>>
squat in the position that feels most comfortable and that u can break parallel
>>
>>41174721
As long as your knees are tracking OUTSIDE or on top of your feet laterally, you're fine. What you don't want to do is have them track inside your feet. This causes undue stress on the ligaments and tendons of the knee.

Picture: left: good, right, very bad.
>>
>>41174721
the internet is stupid. place your feet at about 30 degrees and track the toes with your knees
>>
>>41174732
Do what feeeeels good. This special snowflake syndrome has to stop. Chronic disease in states.
>>
>>41174721
what kind of shit sites do you browse?
every good squatting tutorial tells you to point your toes outwards and keep your knees in line with them.
>>
>>41174721
NEVER point knees foward or you will destroy them

to find your suat stance, just stand a tiny bit wider than you normally would before attempting to jump into the air and point your feet out 20-35 degrees or so, this is the stance
>>
>>41174721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fob2wWEC72s&t=229s&ab_channel=JuggernautTrainingSystems

squat position is specific to you based on leverages/mobility etc. experiment and find the best position for you

>>41174762
if your not just memeing you are actually mentally handicapped
>>
>>41175135
>NEVER point knees foward
>point your feet out 20-35 degrees or so

& have them track outside or on top of feet, like Anon said above?
>>
>>41175207
your knee should track over the foot, not outside it
>>
>>41174721
The reason you point your feet out is to have your knees track over them at an angle. This results in your hips opening up and allowing for adduction to help with getting out of the hole and abduction to get in the hole and maintain a stable base. Furthermore the feet being angled away allows for the lifter to more easily keep from collapsing inward during the lift and it helps to reduce forces acting on the patellar
>>
>>41174721
Starting Strength's YouTube channel is in the internet. It said toes should be pointed out, knees tracking out over toes.

Stop reading shitty form advice.
>>
>>41174721
Try and keep your toes angled outwards (To whatever is comfortable, mine form maybe a 30° angle) and put equal pressure on your entire foot rather than just part of it. This should help keep your knees from caving in as well as keep your feet flat assuming you aren't leaning too far forwards or back.
>>
>>41175168
nice vid
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.