[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever correct people's form at the gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: 1452228343708.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452228343708.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
Do you ever correct people's form at the gym?
>>
nope.
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (18KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
18KB, 320x427px
>>41167905
Tried once
Got told to mind my business
Now am the gym hermit who never speaks
>>
I told a beginner to stop spreading his elbows so much while benching, he thanked me 2 weeks later saying his shoulders don't hurt anymore

second time was when I saw a girl squatting with her feet raising from the floor and knees caving in
she said thanks but was extremely shy and I never saw her after that lol

I'm not trying to be an asshole, just don't want people to hurt themselves when I could've helped them
>>
>>41167905
i just mind my own business
>>
>>41168054
that's disgusting

what shitty person would leave their dog's shit lying there on the sand like that

pick it up you animal
>>
if i've talked to them before, yea.

a stranger i've never talked to? no. i'd consider that rude.
>>
>>41167905
Never. Unless they're going to drop a plate on you, let them be stupid.
>>
>>41168054
Good man.
>>
>Do you ever correct people's form at the gym?

Only if they ask for help.

Otherwise, I just mind my own business.
>>
>>41168134
what if they don't know what they are doing
>>
File: gaysnotwelcome.jpg (42KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
gaysnotwelcome.jpg
42KB, 600x728px
>>41168097
>>
I saw some newfriend doing The Press with his hands the wrong way around; like, his palms were facing towards him
That was the closest I've ever been to correcting someone but I didn't want to discourage him since it was obviously his first time
>>
>see poo in loo doing deadlifts with the most horrible arch in his back
>tell him hes going to hurt himself with that form
>explain and show him the right way to do a dl
>thanks me and proceeds to do his dls with fucked up form
idek why i tried helping him if theyre going to disregard my advice anyways
>>
>>41168289
that's why you don't offer unsolicited advice to strangers.

hope you washed your hands.
>>
No because it's not my fuckin job to make sure everybody has perfect form. If it's someone I know then I'll let them know.
>>
Is it autistic to tell girls on the leg press not to lock out if they don't want to snap their shit?
I see so many of them doing it.
>>
>>41167905
i saw a kid cat backing a deadlift so i told him to lower the weight unless he wants to end up in a wheelchair in like a year from now
>>
File: 1441912751431.jpg (59KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1441912751431.jpg
59KB, 200x200px
>>41168097
>>
File: ekwargar.png (430KB, 464x464px) Image search: [Google]
ekwargar.png
430KB, 464x464px
If they're trying to get into powerlifting and join the uni pl club or generally associate with us then all the time. If they're just a normie in the gym doing fuck all then never. There's no reasoning with some people and it's a waste of time for everyone.
>>
>>41168345
just have your phone recording video if they're pressing more than their bodyweight.
>>
>>41168054
Sauce??
>>
some roided-up fag tried to "correct" my form once, said to keep my head looking up while squatting. He was a manlet and likely squats less than me, I just told him "no" and turned my back on him.
>>
>>41168250
>he doesn't about about Reverse Pressing

lmao, i suppose you've never done a reverse bench press in your life
>>
>>41167905
no people pay a lot of money to fitness trainers and I should do it for free? Fuck off commie
>>
File: Deadliftgod.jpg (227KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Deadliftgod.jpg
227KB, 720x960px
Yes i do, all the time
Especially on deadlifts, bc it hurts my eyes to see fucked up form
They usually listen to me bc everbody see me pulling things like 190kg*10 and such so they know that i know my shit
>pic related, convincing back of peace
>>
>>41168654
>he lifts 190kg*10
>ur face when he lifts 1900kg easily
>>
>>41168654
woah dude 1900kg?
>>
>>41168654
wow 1900kg
>>
>>41168654
>Deadliftgod.jpg
guys don't do this shit
>>
>>41168726
>>41168691
>they dont have superhuman strength from drinking 6 liters of raw milk per hour
shiggy diggy.
>>
>>41168654
>2017
>not having a 4189 pound deadlift within 3 years of lifting
fuckin plebs
>>
I saw someone using the pullup bar wrong. Rather than pulling themselves up to the bar, they were sitting down and pulling the bar toward themselves. Even worse, the bar was snagged up and hooked onto what looked like a few heavy pieces of metal.
I said why you do that dumb exercise when you could do it the right way. He got real mad and tried to pull me toward him. I used my bench press muscles and immediately pushed him away because his pull was so weak. Then my superior lats and biceps (from correct pull ups) pulled him close to me and I bear hugged him until he was unconscious then he fell to the ground. When he woke up he went right over to the pull up bar and starting doing leg assisted pullups.

"Thanks" he said, with a tear of gratitude welling up in his eye. I looked away because I felt like I was going to start crying too.
>>
>>41168764
>not deadlifting lmao50p8 the first day you step in the gym
shiggy diggy
>>
File: man-looking-concerned.jpg (16KB, 366x488px) Image search: [Google]
man-looking-concerned.jpg
16KB, 366x488px
>>41168971
>tfw there are only 49 plates in my gym
>>
>>41169027
>not tying turbomanlet to bar to restore balance
shiggity diggity doobery goobery doo
>>
>>41168572
Expected this reply. The guy was obivously attempting to do SS
>>
File: Nervous-Sweating-Man.jpg (35KB, 263x401px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous-Sweating-Man.jpg
35KB, 263x401px
>>41169059
>tfw i forgot to untie mantlets from my bar and they now escaped with bar still attached to them
>tfw i now have to use dumbells only
>tfw i need to make another , how to traing with dumbells only thread on /fit/
>>
I feel like this thread took a turn for the better

How many acres does my back need to be before I can label myself as deadlift god?
>>
>Autist: o hey your form is incorrect
>OwO okay could you tell me what I'm doing wrong
>Autist: *looks at the ground and shuffles away*
What the fuck
>>
>>41168434
https://www.instagram.com/princess__angela/
>>
>>41167905
Not unless they specifically ask me for help (which has happened maybe one time), or it's someone i know from outside the gym, who clearly could use some help. It doesn't even bother me when I see strangers lifting with retarded form. I don't get why so many people here feel the need to appoint themselves as some sort of personal-trainer-in-residence.
>>
>>41169241
Thanks bruh <3
>>
>>41167905
I would have to correct people's form twice each session on average, there are so many people constantly fucking up... No point...
>>
>>41167905
No because Im not an expert, instructor or anything. Honestly all I know about lifting/fitness is from the internet (especially from here), my common sense and gym staff sometimes helps a lot too.
And of course I dont want to be the stereotypical douchebag who gives un solicited advice.

Also I secretly dont want people to success, I want to be better than everyone else so helping others would be a bit counterproductive. I avoid helping others if possible.
>>
>>41168971

>Not Curling helicopters after a month of gym
>>
>>41167905
If they ask me about it - sure. I would have to spend 5 hours at my gym to correct everyone and we have the full spectrum - squats with heels off the ground, arching backs in deadlift, bouncing barbell off the chest to gain momentum...you name it. So right now we have bets over who's gonna be the first one to hit gym on a wheelchair
>>
>>41168250
a casual "Isn't it backwards? haha" without the autistic tinge would have helped a little
>>
when people come up to me and ask, sure.

for example, last week this azn chick wanted some pointers on her dead and squats, so I took a video of her on her phone and pointed out some cues.

sometimes with gymbros Ill ask if they ever try variations of their exercise, or suggest doing some assistance movements to build their squat.

my gym has pretty much nobody that does any serious lifting so when i squat 3pl8 for reps people think I'm good at lifting so they ask me questions.

overall telling people what to do in the gym is pretty cringe unless they ask or you have spoken to them before. especially if you're trying to start a conversation with a girl and it's painfully obvious that the only reason you're trying to 'help' is to talk to her
>>
>>41168654
Are we supposed to be impressed with that picture? You look fat.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.