[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KETO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 17

Is Keto a meme?

Anyone here doing KETO?
>>
>>41166159
I'm doing keto and am pretty happy with it.
>>
>>41166159
Ketos not a meme but it takes a lot of hard work and disgusting concoctions like putting a butter stick in chicken broth
>>
>>41166374
>not making a basic pan sauce after frying some chicken breast with skin on
>>
>>41166159
It's not a meme but alone will not solve your problems. It should be combined with something such as intermittent fasting and then it will work efficiently. You get your body used to using fat for energy unstead of carbs/sugar so when you do deplete your glycogen/insulin, you tap into your fat reserves.
It's still going to take lots of time to lose fat but personally I find this easier and works better than anything else I've tried during a cut. Just look at movie stars for example like Hugh Jackman, most of them follow something similar to this. There's a reason for it
>>
>>41166159
It's a very easy and effective diet.
With that being said, the food you are allowed to eat gets nauseating fast and you'll get constipated if you don't supplement with fibers.
There's also a chance that you'll get keto rash which fucking sucks and be prepared to feel like death for the first week or so.
>>
>>41166479
>and you'll get constipated if you don't supplement with fibers.
Easily solved with salad and flax seeds.
>>
>>41166502
This, I have a smoothie that I find is beneficial. I take a supplement (organic greens and reds) with some spinach, kale, and chia seeds in it. Works wonders for me desu
>>
>>41166523
I mix 30g hazelnut whey powder with 30-50g flax seed and 100g greek yoghurt for a nice post workout dessert.

Never had trouble shitting but I looked up what to eat and what not to long before I started keto, so I didn't have the problems most people have that jump right into it.
>>
>>41166502
You can eat a big salad on keto, just leafy greens, a dressing made out of olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Throw in some mozzarella, olives (pretty much only fat) and chicken breast and you got yourself a low carb meal with lots of protein and some fat in it.
>>
>>41166557
>lots of protein and some fat
>keto
Should be the other way around
>>
>>41166557
>>41166585
Also, don't underestimate garlic. There are like 4g carbs in a clove.
>>
File: 1490915133043.jpg (45KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1490915133043.jpg
45KB, 750x573px
>>41166585
Keto is about restricting carbs so your body goes into ketosis.
The fats are there to satiate you. You don't need to gargle mayonnaise.
>>
>>41166159
It's not a meme, I do it on every big cut. It pretty effective at killing my appetite and preserving muscle.

Also, I like the energy surge and muscle fullness I get when I start eating carbs again.
>>
>>41166159
It can work and be healthy but in general it's a subpar diet. There's a reason it has only been used as a medication for a few diseases until very recently with the "carbs r bad" trend.
>>
>>41166159
I don't understand keto. It's difficult to reach ketosis and it's difficult to stay in ketosis. Why wouldn't you just eat a natural diet?
>>
>>41166690
Your only reason not to do it is that it's difficult? You don't understand why people would do something that's difficult? I don't mean this in a mean way but that's really sad.
>>
>>41166690
Lmao are you kidding me?
Difficult because babby needs muh mac and cheese?
Women get into ketosis in 48h, men in about 72.
You keep your carbs under 20-50g a day and boom you're in.
Obviously if you try to count the carbs in a bowl of pasta or do otherwise retarded shit itll be harder. Just eat real food.
>>
>>41166686
>it's a subpar diet
Why?

>>41166690
>It's difficult to reach ketosis and it's difficult to stay in ketosis.
No, it really isn't. You just don't want to, and that's fine.
>>
>>41166735
Don't tell me what I do and don't want you motherfucker. Suck off my dog.
>>
I think for people that are really fat, it's a good entrance into the fitness world. But eating like that will fuck you up later down the road so in short, no but CICO needs to be applied
>>
>>41166690
It's a very easy diet to follow and you don't even have to count calories
>>
>>41166735
Subpar in general because many nutrients are better to take in plant form and ketosis forbidds a big intake of those, it's harder to stay healthy. Also your brain highly prefers to use glucose so many people feel less alert/energetic without carbs. And it isn't even better for losing weight, only if it actually allows you to eat less calories.
>>
>>41166644
>I like the energy surge and muscle fullness I get when I start eating carbs again
Why is this not discussed more? After doing keto for months and drowning yourself in carbs again it feels like doing a huge line of cocaine and you literally feel the water flowing into your muscles as you work out
>>
>>41166792
Grab some vitamin pills problem solved
>>
>>41166805
Because fit can't live without junk food.
>>
>>41166792
>because many nutrients are better to take in plant form and ketosis forbidds a big intake of those
Which ones would that be?

>Also your brain highly prefers to use glucose so many people feel less alert/energetic without carbs.
Not according to my personal experience. Not that anecdotes are worth anything, so I'll have to ask for a source.

>And it isn't even better for losing weight
Wrong: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa022637 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022347602402065
>>
>>41166818
Supplementing is always the worse option. Some things like vitamin D are a good idea for almost everybody but if you're not getting enough C fucking eat an orange.

>>41166843
Those studies are with obese people and not isocaloric though. If you count calories macros are completely irrelevant, that's why I said it will only help you if you actually eat less than if you ate a normal diet. About the brain thing, you can just look at any source (why else would your body not produce ketons until it's out of backup glycogen and even then still keep a constant blood sugar level) and it's hugely anecdotal, if you feel fine go for it. Just saying it might be a thing to consider.
>>
>>41166918
Broccoli and kale are rich in vitamin c
>>
>>41166159
Keto made my pussy smell like garbage. Yeah, I could have washed my pussy, or not used it to store garbage. And maybe I would have had to try keto in order to legitimately assign blame to it. But if we bein real niggas right now, it was keto.
>>
>>41167039
Keto does make your breath and pussy smell
>>
>>41166159
Fun fact: "Keto" derives its name from "Kissing Jared Leto," because Jared Leto's lips are made out of meat.
>>
>>41166843
>Which ones would that be?
glucose lol
>>
>>41167059
It wasn't the meat of the pussy that smelled, it was the air bubbling out of it. So technically it was my pussy's breath that smelled. That and the balls of doo doo caught in my pubic hairs as a consequence of my back-to-front wiping technique.
>>
File: 70215626.jpg (40KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
70215626.jpg
40KB, 500x402px
>>41166159
keto is the biggest scam on earth if you want to look like the guy in the pic. that motherfucker didn't get like that doing keto
>>
>>41167092
that being said... if you want to be a healthy, lean, unimpressive looking soft-body then keto is for you
>>
it's works, but it's mad restrictive and your selection of food gets old after a while

that said, it fucking great when it comes to controlling hunger levels.
>>
>>41167070
You get to eat 20g carbs a day, those take care of all your glucose needs.
>>
File: 1414392172793.png (318KB, 1220x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1414392172793.png
318KB, 1220x1488px
Keto is a marketing stunt by the meat, dairy and eggs industries. It's actually a plain rebrand of Atkins, which the average American is too fat and braindamaged to remember. It appeals mainly to gullible fat idiots and other assorted nutritionally illiterate chumps. Keto is tremendously unhealthy which is the only real upside, in that the people doing it deserve the assorted health problems that they are so desperately asking for with their idiocy. Whenever I hear of another low-carber having a heart attack or getting diabetes type 2 I cook up a big batch of rice to celebrate. Unfortunately Americans are already so fat and diseased that it will be difficult to make out all the additional deaths over the coming years and decades.
>>
>>41167087
Shave pubic hairs next time
>>
>>41167196
Oh, so I just paint my pussy lips with a nutty streak of doo doo butter? What I need to do is start wiping front to back. You're putting a band-aid on a bullet hole.
>>
>>41167157
That's retarded. Keto only works because you don't technically need carbs/glucose. Your body will start breaking down protein/fat and produce glucose to meet the needs.
>>
>>41166636
And if you exceed the amount of proteins your body needs they get converted into glycerin, thus busting your Ketosis this is why people advise 60% of your macronutrients come from fats
>>
>>41167225
>you don't need glucose
>your body will produce glucose to meet the needs
what needs? the needs for glucose?
>>
>>41167224
Well yeah, stop smearing shit on your pussy that's a weird thing to do.
>>
>>41167251
Are you illiterate. You don't need to EAT!!! carbs.
>>
>>41167176
vegan faggot spotted.

type 2 diabetes from keto? you're a fucking idiot. keto is generally great for health *especially for people with diabetes*. it is absolutely shit for having a large, impressive physique, though
>>
>>41167259
I'm not smearing shit on my pussy, I'm wiping my asshole. Yes, shit gets smeared on my pussy when I do that, but it's not like I walk into the bathroom like "Hey butthole, I feel like smearing some doo doo on my pussy. Slide me out a slice?"
>>
>>41167237
>>41166636
Meant glucose not glycerin, must be having a stroke :^)
>>
>>41167290
Shit before showering, problem solved.
>>
>>41167328
Nope, already shit in the shower and wipe with my hand. Next?
>>
>>41167343
Show some tits or whatever then.
>>
>>41167356
Why? Doo doo doesn't get on those, how would that help me? I mean doo doo gets on the underboob a lot because I often need to scratch when I'm wiping. Want to see that?
>>
>>41167276
High-fat diets cause insulin resistance which is not something you want, especially as a diabetic. Of course if you don't eat any carbs then there is less opportunity for the insulin resistance to show itself. That doesn't change the fact that these people can't digest a potato without going blind. Since high-fat diets also cause heart disease, stroke, etc., they are obviously not sustainable long-term.
>>
>>41166159
yes it's a meme just eat your fucking vegetables it's not hard to lose weight god damn
>>
>>41167377
Yes, my friend is doing a study on girls smearing shit on themselves. Your contribution would be appreciated.
>>
>>41167417
Again, not smearing shit on myself. Wiping shit out of my butt. A lot of it just gets on my vagina and boobs by accident.
>>
>>41167456
Are you fat?
>>
>>41167385
[ ]
>>
>>41167464
No, what I am is now called "beautiful."
>>
>>41167510
Pics, I'm about to have a fap and not picky.
>>
>>41167538
OK. I feel I have to be honest though. The pussy I'm talking about? The one I wipe a lot of my feces into? It's, um, new. Newer than the rest of me, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>41167573
I've already fapped to Chris Chan's hole before, not picky as I said.
>>
>>41167604
OK well. So you seem like a nice guy. Sorry I'm breaking all this to you in pieces but I'm really shy about it. So you know that pussy I've been talking about? The one most of my doo doo goes into? The one that's new? Well... it's so new that its birthdate is in the future. But I do pretend that I have it already. Still want to see the site of my future pussy?
>>
File: IMG_0453.jpg (34KB, 367x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
34KB, 367x411px
>>41167659
Yes.
>>
>>41167678
OK this is me. So nervous!!! Now there's one other thing about me that I didn't tell you yet. I hope you can't tell from my picture, but if you can, I'm sorry. I hope you can still fap to me.
>>
>>41167723
>no visible knot
Hard to work with, but yes I can.
>>
Dumb people go nuts with it and get constipated when they have eggs with cheese and mayo five times a day. It's important to eat a lot of vegetables and lettuce to get your fiber in.
>>
>>41166374
>disgusting concoctions like putting a butter stick in chicken broth

that sounds tasty though, it's like a soup
>>
>>41167745
Or eat raw chicken like normal people do to get liquid shits making it much easier
>>
>>41167225
>Your body will start breaking down protein/fat and produce glucose to meet the needs.

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. your body does not convert fat/protein into glucose unless you eat WAY TOO MUCH protein
>>
>>41166159
not a meme.
>>
>>41167789
Please do tell me how your body keeps a constant bloog sugar level while fasting. Does it magically appear inside your veins? Do you breathe it in?

Retard.
>>
>>41167816
Yeah, that retard totally doesn't know about bloog.
>>
>>41167824
Meh typos happen. He's still an actual retard.
>>
>>41167844
Oh shit. Um, haha, yeah! I was being ironic. It's not that I heard you say bloog and was afraid that it was a real thing that I never heard of and tried to cover it up by accusing someone else of not knowing about it. No WAY I did that.
>>
File: IMG_20170422_143008.jpg (4MB, 2114x1661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_143008.jpg
4MB, 2114x1661px
How this?
>>
>>41166159
Keto isn't totally a meme, but it is taking things to extremes. I race road bikes, I'm on a road racing team, and a couple years ago I started cutting the amount of carbs in my bike bottles in half during most of my training rides, and eliminating carbs in my bottles entirely for the shorter, aerobic-threshold-level rides. The effect was amazing, I'd found the final piece of the puzzle with regards to being able to control my bodyfat percentage at will. Eating a keto diet is taking that idea to an unnecessary extreme. All you really need to do is carefully limit carbohydrate intake, and be more thoughtful about when you're taking in carbs, and you'll be able to control your bodyfat percentage while still having plenty of energy. Over time you'll also encourage your body to grow more mitochondria, making bodyfat burning that much more efficient. Eating a strict keto diet is just too extreme and could actually sabotage you.
>>
>>41167816
Why do people post stuff like this then call other people retards? The body can and will convert muscle protein into glucose in the liver. If fasting caused a total drop in blood glucose you would die. Blood glucose has to be kept very stable otherwise too little or too much and you will die literally within minutes. This is what insulin does, if you eat a lot of food it's not as if your blood glucose levels rocket, they still stay within that narrow window thanks to insulin.

Don't post garbage or flame people when you're a noob yourself.
>>
>>41166159
It's a meme. No one eats so much fat naturally and its toxic.
>>
>>41167900
I've always thought keto is for the lazy not wanting to count their carbs intake and just eliminate every single carb from the diet instead.
>>
>>41167921
That's literally what I said. If you don't eat carbs your body will get the glucose from other sources in your body, mainly protein. Which is what he said is " the stupidest thing ive ever heard". The fuck are you calling me out instead of him.
>>
>>41167940
Yeah because humans were made to grow potatoes, rice and wheat and eat a shit ton of that, amirite?
>>
>>41167955
I don't know. I think I'm angry all the time because other people get to be gay but I'm too scared.
>>
>>41167961
>shit ton
With your little pea size brain you don't understand how little carbs AND protein you're allowed to eat consistently to stay in ketosis. You eat even a moderate amount of meat ffs, because that instantly spikes your insulin.
>>
>>41167972
Heh

Get out of the closet and be a bi fag already. No reason to be afraid, assuming you're not living in the emirates or some shit. If people abandon you they're pieces of shit anyway.
>>
>>41168000
I ate heaps of meat during my keto diet without any problems
>>
>>41168033
I know, but you're a little bitch pussy. You think "heaps of meat" is a 4-oz piece of tilapia.
>>
File: IMG_0429.jpg (259KB, 1024x1004px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0429.jpg
259KB, 1024x1004px
>>41168053
Bottom right is during keto.
I can eat a fucking cow you faggot. Dyel?
>>
>>41168078
God damn I love the internet. I can call a guy "bitch pussy" who could kill me with his bare hands. And you can pretend to be that guy. What a magical world we live in. We are so lucky. Bitch pussy, suck my skinny little dick. Same goes for all the muscley hulks in here, get fucked by your fathers then lick my little pecker.
>>
>>41166159
Been more or less on it, or at least careful with the types of carbs I consume. My indigestion is gone, I have very little mental fog, I'm alert and more aggressive. I have more body hair, easier gains, smashing PR's.

Down 50 net pounds since my birthday in July, up at least 15lbs lean muscle mass since.
>>
>>41166335
And stinky
>>
>>41168033
You were not in keto, you were turning protein into carbs and burning it.
Proper keto is pretty crazy.
>>
>>41168166
I don't have to talk to people so it's not an issue
>>
>>41167176
Endurance athletes and bodybuilders have been using keto since forever.
>>
>>41168258
Forever? Really? Since before primates? Since before multi-cellular organisms? Since before the formation of the universe? I don't think so, fag.
>>
>>41168258
Wat? Where did you get that from?
>>
>>41168306
Since concepts such as athletes and bodybuilders have existed perhaps? Kys retard
>>
>>41168313
My knoledge.
>>
>>41168334
I'll kys you if you want, even on your penis if you ask nicely. But I don't kys retards, they can't consent.
>>
>>41168355
I don't think you know what kys means.

I don't think you know much in general.
>>
>>41167176
What else did he eat with that butter?
>>
>>41166479
You're doing it wrong. First week you need to supplement magnisem and potassium which you can get from spinach and avocados also eat more salt. I had constipation for alittle that's why you eat your greens faggot been doing keto for 5 months and I have no poop problems.
>>
>>41168365
I know plenty. kys means kiss your self, and I'm retarded, so you were asking me to kiss a retard.
>>
>>41166843
Ya since I've been on keto I don't get mentally cloudy feel more awake.
>>
>>41167059
Only for a short time. It goes away when your keto adapted.
>>
>>41167087
Your fucking disgusting.
>>
>>41167385
That's from processed sugar and carbs.
>>
What is the best fucking diet at this point jesus christ

I'm trying to shed some weight and I keep getting conflicting shit
>>
>>41168476
what if you mix saturated cat with farts
>>
>>41168550
They'll claw and bite you.
>>
>>41168549
The best fucking diet is to eat less.
>>
>>41168457
What "that"? High-fat diets cause insulin resistance in isolation, even with minimal carb intake. High-carb low-fat diets do not. High-fat diets also cause heart disease, stroke etc., so there are plenty of reasons coming together why excess dietary fat is harmful.

>>41168476
Well, saturated fat paralyzes insulin, but very high-fat diets have low insulin output as long as protein is fairly low, so the metabolic damage is somewhat concealed. That still doesn't change the fact that metabolic damage is actually occurring (aside from the cardiovascular damage which will show itself eventually). I guess unless you want to argue that insulin resistance is not a pathological state
>>
File: 1447839395404.png (449KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447839395404.png
449KB, 480x480px
>>41168633
>>
>>41166159
The best keto is "preloading and loading carbs before and after a workout". And with carbs I mean complex carbs. And with complex carbs I mean mostly rice, maybe some really high quality bread that doesnt have yeast. Anything but simple carbs, even from fruits.

Bread may really be somewhat of a devil, since there is so much additive manufactured garbage out there.

But you dont go full keto, that doesnt work, it lowers your test, your body goes into stress modo as if its starving and creates cortisol.

it does make you lose weight faster, but you will be low energy during it.
>>
>>41168549

keto works for getting lean
keto sucks for performing at your best or getting as jacked as you can be
keto is often used by steroid users who know fuckall about training or nutrition

95% of bodybuilders natty or not use normal western diets.
>>
how exactly do you do keto mealplan on a 1500 cal diet? it seems kinda tough and there doesn't seem to be much room for variation

this is a 1 day meal plan i whipped up, is something like this what i should aim for?

>breakfast
>4 eggs fried in butter, 2 cups broccoli and cauliflower
>470 calories
>32g fat
>4g net carbs

>lunch
>cobb salad with lettuce, avocado, chicken, bacon, and cheese
>686 calories
>42g fat
>7g net carb

>dinner
>4 oz. 73/27 ground beef
>2 cups broccoli and cauliflower
>370 calories
>28g fat
>4g net carbs

total:
1526 calories
102g fat
15 net carbs
>>
>>41168549
Getting into normal weight or even lean is easy as fuck, just be a bit more concious about eating and you'll get there. You know cut sweets, don't eat a lot of fast food and so on. Now if you want to get <10% bf or do endurance exercising like cycling or so you're better off eating normally.
>>
>>41168746
Generally what I've been doing, just wasn't sure if keto would speed the process a little.
>>
>>41168812

It would make you feel like shit and probably quit after a few weeks.
Not worth it, humans survive on protein and fats, humans thrive on protein, carbs and fats
>>
>>41166159
Realistically 0g of carb a day is almost impossible. How much can I take? My protein is unflavored but still has like 4g.

I try to keep it below 20g a day, but I can't meet my protein requirements with 0 carb.
>>
>>41168549
5 days a week eat only feces from yourself or any member of your family on the paternal side. the other 2 days spread out a sensible meal of feces from any human (no other animal feces allowed any day of the diet)
>>
>>41168812
A little maybe, but it's a huge lifestyle change and your body will need to adapt so you'll likely feel like shit at first. You could try it out for a few weeks but I can't see any actual advantage.
>>
>>41168850
Wat? Its not impossible, get whey isolate, it has zero carbs. If you are getting carbs in your meat, it most likely marinated or something dumb like that.
>>
>>41168000
Assuming you're working out regularly, you can eat your lean body weight in proteins easily without dropping out.

Its actually kind of hard to reach the limit without supplements as you get full quickly.
>>
>>41168812
Keto is only massive gains if you're already heavily over a safe weight limit.

If you are closer to being not obese then it or a normal diet will work fine. Both are going to make you count calories + macros either way.

Me personally I did keto and dropped 25 lbs in 3 months. Then slowed to a crawl and had to start counting macros when was about ~10lbs of non obese levels for my height. Only reason I keep going is because learned how to cook using it.
>>
File: 1397346127887.jpg (43KB, 550x449px) Image search: [Google]
1397346127887.jpg
43KB, 550x449px
I'M DOING KETO RIGHT NOW AND HAVE LIKE 70G OF FATS LEFT AND NO PROTEIN OR CARBS

WHAT DO I DO?
>>
>>41166159
On keto. Love it.

I've recently cycled out the bigger baking side of keto as I started rubberbanding a bit with all the sugar alcohols, etc. that I put into baked goods.

But I got results either way, so take it or leave it.
>>
>>41169747
The issue is I need to cut, basically. I have the endomorph bodytype. My gainz come in easily but I want to lose fat, so I'm trying to find a way to speed that up.

Tempted to just pick up some clen desu
>>
>>41170201
Coconut oil, spoon.
>>
>>41167087
>ywn eat doo doo balls out of your gfs sweaty stinky keto pussy

Why live
>>
>>41166159
Not a meme. check out this playlist I made w/ shortest videos in the front longer more comprehensive ones at the bottom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKP9qzIt0s&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj&index=1
>>
>>41166479
Wrong. If anything I might wanna add a little fiber to firm things up. I haven't eaten any appreciable amount of fiber in weeks and my shits are comfy and mostly regular.
>>
File: fedora_hat.jpg.jpg (99KB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
fedora_hat.jpg.jpg
99KB, 283x424px
>>41167225
The brain requires glucose. Ketones can be used to feed the brain, but are toxic in the long run. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3790936/
>>
>>41170201
Olive oil you dumbass
>>
>>41166159
I did keto for a full year before. It's best used when you already have muscle. It does work, especially when eating foods that also help your metabolism.

I would consume a lot of heavy whipping cream to fit my macros. Butter helped too, olive oil and such were a bonus. I loves cheese and fatty meats for protein. I lost around six percent bodyfat and maintained a good base of muscle.

I will say that it is the best method to cut even without tren. With tren however it is astounding.
>>
>>41167092
THIS!!!
He did so being vegan.
>>
>>41168439
no you're
>>
>>41171864
bo nou're
>>
>>41171629
you talkin about dren, that monster from the movie splice?
>>
>>41168306
Tacitus said the Germanics only ate meat in the winter. That's keto
>>
I used keto to lose 80lbs of fat and put on a decent amount of muscle. That was in high school so puberty probably played a part in it.

Now I just use keto whenever I want to take a "vacation" from dieting. It tends to keep at homeostasis when I don't want to worry about macros.
>>
>>41166781
Never gonna make it
>>
>>41166159

Not a meme, but ideal for cutting.
I usually do it for about 8 weeks, carb cycle (eat fucking everything) and 8 weeks again.

It's not meant as a permanent lifestyle.

I use ketostix. Just piss on them and you instantly know your in keto:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayer-Ketostix-Reagent-Strips-Ketone/dp/B008ETHFN4
>>
>>41174706
If you still get a high reading on a ketostix after 8 week you're really bad at doing a keto-diet .
>>
>>41166960
in keto your vitamin C requirement drop at around 20% of the RDA because the receptor are glucose sensitive and usually people block them and shit most of their Vit C
>>
Can you stay in ketosis with around 40-50g of carbs a day?
>>
>>41175632
Maybe once you're really adapted and make sure that you consume most of those prior to high intensity exercise .

But how can you even reach 40-50 g of carb on keto without purposely eating garbage ?
>>
>>41175698
I'm french and my mom has italian origins.
Baguettes and lasagna senpai.
My willpower can only resist that much.
>>
>>41175725
Oh oui les baguettes , I'm french too but once I understood how retarded eating wheat is I didn't even look back once .

For most pasta recipes you can actually substitute pasta with veggies , you need to understand that most of the carby shit is not real food but just a way to " thicken" the meal , by themselves pasta , bread , rice , potatoes doesn't really taste goods or even have any taste at all unless you add the good shit in it ( lardon , crème , sauce tomates , viandes , etc )
>>
>>41175725
>>41175759
and the best way to increase your " willpower" ( which I think is a stupid term to use when it come to eating healthy because this should be instinct ( but our society ruined our animal instinct ) is to inform yourself on the Pro of keto & Con of carbs ( this may sound like i'm telling you to comfirm bias yourself but you can also try to search for the Con of keto & Pro of sugar but you'll quickly find that they're almost non existent ) .

The best way to increase your " willpower" to do something is to be well informed on it .

Knowing it's "good" for you may increase your willpower ,
but thoroughly understanding the biological mechanism behind it will increase your willpower by tenfold .
>>
File: 1438030944460.png (22KB, 487x438px) Image search: [Google]
1438030944460.png
22KB, 487x438px
Anyone have any keto Pepes? I want to trigger some carbcucks.
>>
>>41166159
Keto is amazing.

>5'8. 192 ( pretty strong though )
>calorie count
>no real loss or if so, gain it back
>go Keto at suggestion of boss who'd lost 20 lbs since Christmas
>3 weeks pass, down to 185
>not hungry at all, eat awesome, no loss in strength

Not a meme at all. I'm probably gonna go to about 178.
>>
>>41175632
Men that are very active can maintain ketosis even with high carb intake, but it varies from person to person.
>>
>>41176796
oh are you going to carbcucks? can you get me one of those unicorn frappes?
>>
>>41175415
oreally , whys that ? I assumed a high reading was better than a low or trace.
>>
So basically i eat oats, veggies, whey, milk, chicken, eggs, sometimed fish.

If i stop eating oats - will that be considered keto? I get about 2 small veggie plates.
>>
>>41177736
>2 veggie plates are the same amount of sugar and starch no matter the vegetables in those plates
C'mon man, apply yourself. For most people you go into ketosis below 50g of carbs which aren't dietary fiber a day.
>>
>>41177736
none of those did is keto by itself. how on earth could all of them put together be keto?
>>
>>41178542
the whole is more keto than the sum of its parts
>>
>>41175415

WHAT are you talking about?

Any reading which indicates ketosis means you're in ketosis...How many ketones are in your urine depends on hydration, trace amount of carbs etc etc.
>>
>>41178574
makes no sense

veggies have no fat
whey has no fat
milk is a little fat, more carbs, more protein
even chicken with skin has a little fat but way more protein
eggs have some fat but more protein
fish has some fat but more protein

no combo of only these foods, in any ratio, can be keto.

learn what keto is before giving advice.
>>
>>41166439
Your body is in ketosis or it isnt. IF isnt going to change anything if you eat the same amount of calories. All IF does is allow you to eat big filling meals while on a deficit.
>>
>>41177736
Keep net carbs under 50g
Eat mostly fats
Eat dark leafy greens as filler.
Eat .75-.8g protein per lb bodyweight.

Congrats youre in ketosis within 24-36hrs
>>
>>41178951
>>41177736

Its about how he cooks it.

Fat can be added with simple butter. Eggs also adds fat depending on how much he is consuming.

Protein isn't going to fuck him up unless he is consuming 2x his lean body weight and playing couch potato.

But fat aside, only real worry from the food selection would be the whey as depending on brand it can contain a high amount of carbs.

Were it me I'd also try switching out the milk for almond or coconut milk. Its the main ingredient used in a lot of recipes and still tastes pretty good.
>>
How can I stop keto breath and leaving atomic bombs everytime I go to the toilet?
Keto breath isn't bad breath, it's kinda like alcohol breath - it suffocates. I wash my mouth daily with Listerine, but it only alleviates it.
>>
>>41167176
>low carbs causes t2 diabetes
are you retarded from all the sugar or just baiting gullible retards?
>>
>>41181484
Nope this is what passes for science over there now

LEL

And he really believes that
>>
My endurance goes to shit on keto. Is that normal? It doesn't fix itself over time (weeks, months), I just have no endurance until I start consuming carbs again.
>>
>>41179965
what are atomic bombs ?
aren't all bombs bad ?
>>
>>41179965
Water.
Unholy amounts of water.

It dilutes your urine, making the smell "better" but makes you piss every like 1h
>>
>>41166374
Mix that with a little soy sauce and ginger and reduce it down and you've got a nice peanut sauce for your chicken. Learn 2 cook fgt
>>
>>41170201
Lol I had this happen too. I literally got some almond milk and put like 4tbsp of coco oil and 2tbsp of butter and blended it and chugged it. I thought I was gonna throw up afterwards lmao
>>
>>41170201
Drink olive/canola oil
>>
File: impact.png (851KB, 1273x712px) Image search: [Google]
impact.png
851KB, 1273x712px
>>41166636
>gargle mayonnaise
thanks for that mental image anon
>>
>>41181484

As someone pointed out earlier, high fat diets lower insulin sensitivity, and saturated fats especially kill the beta cells in the pancreas that produce insulin. Refined carbs definitely help the develpment of diabetes by stressing the pancreas and providing an overdose of glucose, but your body sucks at dealing with that load of glucose partly because fat, either dietary or body fat, has weakened your sensitivity to insulin, which is what your body uses to regulate your blood sugar.

Low carb induced diabetes isn't that uncommon, especially for people who go on the diets for long periods of time and take the butter-and-bacon route instead of nuts and fish. People who peddle low carb diets just refer to it as "physiological insulin resistance" instead of diabetes and try to make it out to be a good thing.
>>
File: CO94tzBWwAAvSgV.jpg (254KB, 843x750px) Image search: [Google]
CO94tzBWwAAvSgV.jpg
254KB, 843x750px
>>41168549
here you go senpai
>>
File: fixed.png (1MB, 843x757px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
1MB, 843x757px
>>41185385
>>
>>41185469
explain to me how are eggs bad
>>
>>41185494
memes
just eat your fucking eggs and milk but dont forget your veggies and fruits
>>
Most people who say they do keto are just atkinsfags. They're not eating a diet of 60 or 70% fat. They just like bacon.
>>
>>41185494

Highest source of cholesterol next to brains
>>
>>41185665
This is why I hate you central americans
>>
>>41185700

??
>>
>>41185494

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/
>>
>>41185665
dietary cholesterol means fuck all
>>
>>41185751

That's a myth
>>
>>41166374
I put roughly 100ml of peanut oil in my protein shakes. It is worse than you think.
>>
File: IMG_9924.jpg (25KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9924.jpg
25KB, 250x272px
>>41185722
>What about reversing cancer progression? Learn about Dr. Ornish’s work in Cancer Reversal through Diet?

Site is total pseudoscience and quackery
>>
>>41185793

Why not watch that video too and see what's being claimed instead of greentexting something out of context in order to ignore the evidence that was being posted?

It refers to this body of work that shows promise about treating prostate cancer through lifestyle changes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430265/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18602144

Harvard wrote about this trial too

http://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/lifestyle-therapy-for-prostate-cancer-does-it-work
>>
Is water fasting technically Keto?
>>
>>41166690
>Why wouldn't you just eat a natural diet?
define a natural diet
>>
>>41186192
yes, after a few days of fasting your body will go into ketosis
>>
I did it and it works. Lost weight rapidly, lifts did stagnate though.

My suggestions:
Refeed like once every three weeks.
Expect lethargy for first week
Don't refeed on donuts and ice cream refeed on sweet potatoes and quinoa etc
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.