[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting and Cardio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey /fit, new fag here.
>be me
>never keep steady workout
> go to gym on and off, not enough to actually make a difference
>one day, see local crossfit program
>”well shit, lets try this”
>do a 5 days a week for 4 weeks
>LIFTING IS AWESOME
>RUNNING IS AWESOME
>trial 4 weeks is over
>”but I want to keep being a fucking boss”
> I need to make my own workout routine, but what? How?

What do?

Is distance running a good idea (5km, 3miles) to do with lifting or will it cancel gains?
What’s a solid basic lifting routine/ schedule?
>>
>>41165100
>What do?
Both.

Do 10 minute run cooldowns after your workout, or bike to the gym like I do
>>
>>41165147
Also dont do crossfit. Do SS or Stronglifts 5x5
>>
>>41165147
What about as a separate workout? My first thought is lifting in the mornings, and a 6km run in the evenings
>>
FBW 3x week, run on rest days 2-3x per week.

That's how I did it when I had the time.
>>
Hi Nathaniel.
'Distance running' will not help you make aesthetic/strength gains. If you like crossfit and want to look like your pic, continue doing meme workouts. Meme cardio like skipping and other memes like dragging tyres will be great for you.

Unless you want to make genuine improvements to your fitness, and are able to be consistent (which you are not), don't bother attempting traditional exercise like running.

tl;dr Do what you enjoy, or you will give up. Or learn discipline.
>>
>>41165167
I just lost my job yesterday, so I've got time, I was thinking of breaking it down into 4 lifting days that focus on different muscles and just rotate between them to give enough time to rest
>>
>>41165184
Thats what a lot of lifters do. I.e. work different muscle groups and also be unemployed

I'd recommend compound exercises if you can, say, bench press the bar 10 times without struggle. If youre too weak to do that, then do isolation/machine exercises targeting different parts of the body as planned. 3x10.
>>
Running only kills gains if you don't eat enough
>>
>>41166282
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I found a work out here (http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/4-week-guide-starting-strength?day=1), and that seems like a good start.

>>41166333
I eat a lot of rice. My main diet is curry, which usually is 50% rice, 50% sauce (by volume), the sauce having chicken, coconut milk, onion, kale, spinach, potato, brussels sprouts.
>>
Really, find what you like

You can do CrossFit workouts at regular gyms
I wouldn't say CrossFit on its own is a good choice for most people's goals, but you can probably incorporate it as conditioning.

I'd say jump on a beginner strength program (Starting Strength, Strong lifts, GSLP) until you stall then change it up. Don't stay forever like half of /fit/ will tell you. This place's advice runs thin after the first 3-6 months of lifting.
Consider Olympic lifting, I imagine what you like about CrossFit is the explosive and athletic movements. You could also do typical strength programs and incorporate plyometrics or something

Just find a program made by someone reliable. I'm recently on a 5/3/1 kick and find a lot of Jim Wendler's approach to strength fun. He doesn't do much for beginner lifters, but there are variations to his program for them
>>
>>41165162
Wouldn't recommend it because I sincerely doubt you'll be able to keep up that pace. And that's not meant to be an insult.
>>
>>41165184

Why did you lose your job?
>>
>>41166421
Crossfit was great, but it was substadized at my old work, so it was only $30/ month. Without that (or a job), I cant afford the crossfit membership. Maybe later in life.

>>41166440
yeah, you're probably right. But I'd like to run at least 3 times a week, a 5km.

>>41166442
I was a temp, they hired me to do some work then they ran out of work for me to do. So my presence was no longer justified.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.