[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dyel here, currently I lack the ankle mobility to squat below

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Squats-2.png (45KB, 763x900px) Image search: [Google]
Squats-2.png
45KB, 763x900px
Dyel here, currently I lack the ankle mobility to squat below parallel. Should I still squat and do ankle mobility stretches or should I remove squats until I can go down farther?
>>
>>41164157

If you lack the mobility to do one of the most basic of human movements it's something that should come to you within a few sessions. Practice with the bar until you can make required depth.
>>
>>41164166
I lack the required ankle dorsiflexion
>>
>>41164157
Ankle mobility is a shit meme

You probably aren't squatting correctly

Open up your hips more, if you have long femurs and a short torso you will need to lean forward more to get parallel

More proportioned femurs and torso length means you can stay a bit more upright

I squat lowbar below parallel with fairly long femurs but quite a long torso so I don't have to lean much
>>
>>41164157
if rippetoe is to be believed this is the only time the leg press is actually useful
>>
>>41164157
Watch rippetoe tutorial on YouTube

Once you learn to squat properly you never forget but keep practicing around the house just holding the position until you have it
>>
You can try standing with your heels on plates
>>
>>41164809
Yea this can work as well

Bracing your core HARD and keeping your back tight will endure your back doesn't round
>>
You might find this useful, I have a bad ankle and it helped me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvGr7wXQfwE&t=203s
>>
>>41164157
>currently I lack the ankle mobility to squat below parallel
No you don't, your form is wrong.
>>
Then don't shoot your knees forward so much. Open up your stance and rotate your leg/feet at least 30 to the outside. The bar goes up and down but the body doesn't. The body goes through its rom.
break with the hips and knees at the same time. The knees go out laterally (30 degrees) not forward. The knees stop once they reach the toes.
The hips will keep going back until parallel is reached. A tip with the hip I go was to lose up and "unlock" the hips. Let your hip joint close in and this will make you bend over. Its ok to bend over if the hips shoot back. This will keep the bar over mid foot. On the way down you want to spread your groin area so your torso can fit between your legs.
"Open up the groin area" - Ed Coan
You must be staying upright while shooting your knees forward thinking u can go down? Goodluck.
But seriously stand up now and put your feet in a wide stance, now while keeping the shin ABSOLUTELY FUCKING VERTICAL shoot your hips BACK and bend over. Keep the knees right over the heels. This is what the hips do. Congratulations. Watch some seminars by Matt Wenning.
Good luck making gains on the squat.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.