[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT: 5% edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 45

File: n0G6Gwa.jpg (178KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
n0G6Gwa.jpg
178KB, 2560x1440px
I'll start by asking if you think my current plan is a good idea:
I've been doing 5x5 for half a year now, I'm at .5/1/1.5/2 pl8ing, so halfway to 1/2/3/4. I have about 20%bf.

I want to
-Cut for the summer
-Employ hypertrophy to increase my size

My plan is to maintain my current PRs, but instead of 5x5, I want to get them to 3x10.
After compounds, I will do Flys for chest, and ab crunches - both 3x10. I will go to the gym every 2 days, like I have been for the past 5 months. I will take creatine, protein, zinc, niacin and fish oil supplements as I have been, but will eat at a caloric deficit instead of over-eating.

Is this a good idea? Will things work out in my favour?
>>
I went really hard at the gym today and cant flex my right bicep. I cant really feel it... did I break my muscles, /fit/?
>>
>>41160513
Sounds good. Work in some low reps occasionally, like 4-6 weeks of 3x10s then 2 weeks of 3x5s and a week of 3x3s then test 1RMs, rinse, repeat.
Always cut to abs, bulk til they go away, rinse, repeat

>>41160585
ibuprofen and rest, see a doc if no improvement
>>
>>41160657
thats actually a really handy waypoint for bulking/cutting. I'll live by this from now on. Cheers.
>>
File: Hepburn Method A B.png (99KB, 1204x574px) Image search: [Google]
Hepburn Method A B.png
99KB, 1204x574px
>>41160513
> Is pic related enough for aesthetics gains?

I'm really enjoying the program bc my ohp is finally progressing and the routine fits my schedule, but I'm afraid I'll look dyel forever on this...
>>
>>41160883
that'll do fine seen you ask about it several times, just do it for a solid 3 months or through a couple of bulk/cut cycles and see how it works
natty muscle gains are slow so it takes time to evaluate but if you're getting stronger in a rep range then you're gaining muscle
>>41160704
beats the shit out of guessing bf% or posting pics on the net
the mirror will tell you what's up
btw lose 1-2lbs a week, gain <1lb a week, minimizes muscle loss and minimizes fat gain
>>
I'm currently cutting and lost about 10 pounds in the last month. I've been told I'll start failing lifts and not being able to raise weight but I've kept setting new PRS. How long into a cut until you start failing? 1000 deficit btw
>>
Im staying in a camp for work. Due to fucked up reasons all I have for exercising is a pair of 20lb and 35lb dumbbells.

What are the best exercises I can use them for, especially to work the chest? I dont have access to a bench or anything. Just a floor and the dumbbells.
>>
>>41161047
it's really individual, nobody knows
usually it comes right back after a couple of days of normal diet
10lbs a month is fast, are you a real fatty? that might be why you're holding up well
if you care about holding strength DURING the cut, when you get falling performance, up your total cals by 10% and give it a week, if that doesn't work, another 10%, etc, so long as you're still losing 1-2lbs a week
>>
File: matt kroc cross-dressing.jpg (403KB, 922x579px) Image search: [Google]
matt kroc cross-dressing.jpg
403KB, 922x579px
>>41161097
for chest with dumbbells, floor press and flies
also db clean, db snatch, db ohp, db lunges, single-leg dls holding dbs, weighted situps, db reverse flies, tranny rows aka kroc rows (pic related), db french press, db triceps kickbacks, faggot bends aka curls, uh ...
also you can do plyo pushups and single-leg pushups (google it, army calisthenics) and pushups with elevated feet
>>
>>41161109
I'm only 180 pounds hoping to get to 10% bf in the next few months. Even with a 1000 calorie deficit I'm still eating 2500 calories a day, sometimes 3000.
>>
>>41161170
How tall are you nigga
>>
File: etzebeth.png (664KB, 592x440px) Image search: [Google]
etzebeth.png
664KB, 592x440px
Is there a possibility that the dude on the left is natty?
>>
File: etzebeth 2.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
etzebeth 2.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
>>41161202
Here's a torso shot to show how lean he is.
>>
>>41161202
Yes, but he's been training for years
>>
1) What happened to /owg/? I had a question (about whether to lift 3 times a week vs 6, vs 6 days a week but 9 lifting sessions total (AM and PM on M/W/F).

2) What are the hard facts/evidence backing hypertrophy based programs, i.e if aesethetics is a concern, are these "hypertrophy" really better, or is it just "patato potato"?
>>
SS still recommended and why is everyone recommending grey skull now besides ss?
>>
Are cold showers a meme?
>>
File: 1488347451652.jpg (101KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488347451652.jpg
101KB, 720x540px
I can't really find info on this even on google.
Ideally, I want a graphic that defines good posture while standing. By this I mean, it would highlight which muscles are active in keeping you straight up, and the harder a muscle is working, the brighter it is shaded.
I'm asking this because all of the sitting I've done has fucked up my posture, and I honestly wasn't even using my glutes to stand a couple of weeks ago. My posture was so fucked up, but I'm trying to fix it.
>>
Why are egg whites so god damn expensive. I don't wanna just buy eggs and throw away the yolks.
>>
>>41161352
"greyskull" by "johnny pain" is just a cheap ripoff of SS
> do the last set for 5+
> do presses first
> squat only m/f
> maybe mark won't sue me
It only gets attention because people don't follow SS by the book, they think it's just AB three lifts each day.

Here's how SS really goes.

Stage 1:
A: Squat, Press, Dead
B: Squat, Bench, Dead
- run until the dead form looks good and until dead weights are well above squat weights; people miss this point, obvious b/c so many with squat > dead on their stats

Stage 2:
B: Squat, Bench, Clean 5x3
- run until the clean form looks good; this is what many people think the whole fucking program goes

Stage 3:
B: Squat, Bench, Back Extensions, Pullups 3xF
C: Squat, Press, Clean 5x3
D: Squat, Bench, Glute-Ham Raise, Chins 3xF
- how do people miss this? b/c they do meme shit off the net and don't read the book

Stage 4:
When the Squat is about to stall, switch to 1x5 and 2x5@90% backoffs on m/f and do 2x5@70% light on w
When Presses and Bench about to stall, switch to 3x3
When Clean about to stall, switch to 4x2
Deads switch to 1x3
Chins and Pullups, when 10+ reps, add weight every other session and target 3x5-7

The idea is that you shouldn't actually stall and have to reset, you should switch before you think you will stall, so the "greyskull reset" is retarded b/c you shouldn't be resetting

The deadlifts aren't every other session and eventually the squats are ligth on wed, so the "greyskull" pattern is pretty much the same, actually more deads than SS which they complain about

oooh but "greyskull" has upper body pulling and biceps work! uh, so does SS

Really SS is pretty damn good. If you want to add something, I'd add Dips 3xF treated the same way as chins/pulls on the same day (maybe even alternating Chest Dips and Triceps Dips) and would do skullcrushers and barbell curls (3x8 each) on the days you do the Press, and I'd add those in Stage 3.
>>
>>41160657
>Always cut to abs, bulk til they go away, rinse, repeat
tfw can't do this due to loose skin from being fat fuck
>>
>>41161363
Yes and no, depends on what you're looking for. They helped me wake up much quicker, after a full shower right out of bed at 5:50 AM I felt more awake then when I'd mozy around and drink coffee at leisure until I was awake enough to start my day.

They helped somewhat reduce initial morning stiffness/soreness too, I can't attest to their ability to increase test or cure depression or anything less tangible and conrete like that though.

Now that I've done them routinely and since stopped, I use them more as a tool than a lifestyle. I don't need to torture myself in the morning, warm showers are nice when waking. But I do, at my own peaceful will, turn the shower down very low now and again in the last 2-5 minutes of my shower, when needed just to wake up or reduce soreness.

\end{blog}
>>
>>41161363
>>41161819
oh and you can't beat a cold shower after a work out, you'll learn to love it and I do think it reduces overall DOMS
>>
>>41161478
save the yolks for baking or other recipes, or stop being a retard and just eat them

>>41161436
how do you stand up without glutes?
>>
>>41161198
5-9 forgot that's kinda important
>>
am i really doing my body a disservice by staying above 15%

ive heard about hormones and stuff being different but honestly feels like as soon as i go under 15% i start losing strength and size.

I don't actually WANT to be leaner because i dont give a fuck about girls and look way better with the extra bf in t shirts. but if it's healthier in the long run just maintaining that 12-14% then I'll do that. I'm really all about health and longevity.
>>
What's the real natty limit?
>>
>>41160513
What is a good way to heal a buldged disc?
>>
Is mercury in tuna (particularly albacore, chunk light is fucking gross) big enough of a problem that I should stay away from it or is that just a meme?
>>
Is it retarded to take a program like ICF 5x5 and do squats and deads on the rest days instead of A and B days? Once the weight starts getting heavy the workouts start to take too long.
>>
File: IMG_2135.jpg (42KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2135.jpg
42KB, 280x280px
I'm cutting, and every day I eat about 800 kcal under maintenance so I can have a day every week where I eat just ice cream and chocolate (basically a cheat day) while still being 500 under maintenance every day.

My macros are otherwise perfect and I feel good, but on that cheat day my macros are pure shit (very high and carbs, low protein and fiber).

Will this day harm me in any way if the other 6 days are perfect?
>>
>>41162614
>very high and carbs
**very high FAT and carbs

Fuck typos
>>
I want to go swimming every week for my back, but I don't know what I should aim for. Should I swim like 10×50m and repeat 3 times or what is your swimming routine? Or is it just swim until you're exhausted?
>>
>>41162614
if you are eating below maintenance science says you will lose weight, without protein though you will cut more muscle than if you had adequate protein
>>
>>41162510
if you are going to fuck with the program that much why do that program?
>>
File: 23468762763834.png (178KB, 764x540px) Image search: [Google]
23468762763834.png
178KB, 764x540px
>>41162486
meme
I have eaten 1-2 cans a day for years
look at these fucking macros
>>
The lower portion of my right vastus medialis has a swollen spot, about the diameter of a tennis ball.
Was my leg day yesterday, but since I've sustained an injury to my left knee, I'm in the process of training the left leg up to size. The load on my right leg is significantly easier, so I'm not sure if it's a strain?

>inb4 doctor
I'm calling in on Monday if it doesn't improve. Mostly curious about what it could be, since it's not the entire muscle that's swollen
>>
Many people claim that the body can only absorb certain amounts of protein per meal. Some say more and some say less. Who’s right?
>>
How come going below parallel is so important for protecting your knees in squats, but when you clean and deadlift, you're moving weight well above parallel?
>>
do they sell bronkaid or primatene in virginia? asking for a friend
>>
What about doing SL ABxABx rather than AxBxA?
Or doing Bench and OHP every training day but changing the prioritization?
>>
>>41162889
A healthy digestive system should be able to absorb 99.99999% of the macronutrients you consume
>>
>>41162987
>How come going below parallel is so important for protecting your knees in squats, but when you clean and deadlift, you're moving weight well above parallel?
you can blow out your knees that way.
>>
>>41163036
prove it
>>
>>41163083

What way?
>>
>>41162889

I don't know the science, but considering we and the majority of mammals survived on a feast and famine eating cycle in the wild, having to consume as much as possible while it was available and unspoiled, I just can't see how that's possible. We'd have all died out long ago.
>>
>>41163187
I don't see how is this even related. Could you elaborate, please?
>>
>>41163218

If the body can only absorb, say, 20g of protein at once (which is a commonly touted figure), then the concept of surviving thousands of years ago is just absurd. It's only modern preservation techniques that allow us to consume food in moderation throughout the day. Way back when, it was simply "kill a deer and eat every bit of it before it starts to rot." If upon killing a deer, we can only eat an odd 20g of it before every bite thereafter is nutritionally useless, then we've just wasted the massive energy of hunting it in the first place, as well as the energy of consuming and digesting it.

If we can only absorb 20g of protein at once, I just don't see how we'd have been capable of surviving before modern society where we have supermarkets and refrigerators enabling us to eat half a chicken breast at a time. Not to mention all the modern people who do intermittent fasting, they should all be horribly malnourished if this limitation on protein absorption was true.

It's like saying that it's impossible for the human body to fall asleep without a mattress and blanket, humans lived for millions and millions of years before those luxuries were invented, how could it possibly be true?

But again, I don't know the actual science and I'm prepared to be corrected by someone who does (I know there's a lot of contention over whether humans are even evolved to eat meat, for example). But on a surface level I just don't see how it makes sense.
>>
>>41163297
meh, evolution happens and our dietary habits have changed drastically, that explanation doesn't make much sense
>>
>>41163530
>evolution happens
Over millions of years.
>>
>>41160513
want to do gyno surgery, basically I dont have man tits full of fat like most of the ones posted here
it's just puffy nips, a hard-ish thing below my nips the rest of my chest is shredded. Basically it's pretty normal but then my nips are a bit pointy

how long would this shit take to recover? it's wwhat worries me due to studies, lifting and work
heard it can be 2 weeks since I wouldnt need lipo
>>
Is this any good for getting a nice ass or are there better alternatives/workout plans?
>>
>>41162510
Do other exercises that assist those muscle groups. Farmer walks or whatever. Gotta commit to a program though
>>
>>41163648
>getting a nice ass

heavy ass barbell hip-thrusts, barbell glute bridges, that machine where you open your legs like a slut and if feeling cheeky, some donkey kicks after you're used to the volume aka not a beginner
also romanian deadlifts while contracting your glutes as hard as you can, same goes for deadlifts and OHP, they work your glutes if you squeeze them(and you should be squeezing them)

(put my gf/ex doing 3x8 with max weight while maintainign good form and did wonders in just 4 months, 3x5 for the compounds)
>>
>>41162818
Fuck i miss john west tuna

Its just not the same back here in canada; tuna is retarded expensive
>>
>>41162889
If your body couldnt fully absorb what you consume, there wouldnt be fat people
>>
>>41163017
You need to rest. Theres a reason its AxBxAxB
>>
>>41163530
Oh no its retarded
>>
>>41163577
Post pics

99% of the time gyno niggas just need to go bearmode to obfuscate the condition
>>
File: wut.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
My cum has turned brown.

Pic related, I've just broke 4 months NoFap. What's happened? Was I becoming a wizard? A half-nigger? Or a cancer patient?

Actually, does this deserve its own thread?
>>
What are the best excercises to get athletic as fuck?
>>
>>41163813
You might die
>>
>>41163813
Everything is fine. That's normal.
>>
>>41163813
you know you've hit the lowest of the low when instead of hanging out with friends you're spending your saturday looking at people's brown cum on a sentinelese donkey-milking support group.
>>
>>41160513
No your plan sucks. You will loose most of your gained muscle mass (which is laughable at best at half of 1/2/3/4) if you cut and will probably entirely stop training because it's so depressing. Train until there is something to cut to.
>>
>>41160513
You and your plan are the ultimate meme ffs. All those fucking supplements and bullshit planning, just lift or kys yourself
>>
File: 65-66kg 177cm.jpg (154KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
65-66kg 177cm.jpg
154KB, 720x960px
>>41163737
I don't have one of them since I always try to hide that shit
but even when they're cold, you can still see there's something off there, wish they'd stay like this all time
>>
so some stupid dick fuck went and got me a 200 gram bag of "bee pollen". these little granules. been doing some googling but i dunno no real credible sources. everyone just sayin its not a miracle cure but some ppl are claimin its at least a vitamin supplement... is it good for anythin?
>>
>>41163860

Fucking hell man, that puts some shit in perspective.
>>
File: 1492114754459.jpg (93KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1492114754459.jpg
93KB, 720x715px
>>41163648
>nice ass
mtf or jonnie confirmed

squats, lunges, rdls, hip thrusts
mix high and low reps about 2/1 coz ya need some strength
lots of bw squats is cardio/thigh burn
below parallel but not atg fag
>>
>>41160513
What's a good online workout/fitness tracker that has options for calisthenics so I can track my different exercises and how many reps I do? Obviously a "weight lifted" option can't be mandatory since its all body weight.
>>
>>41163530
you fucking dumbass
>>
Ok fags. I am 6' 168 now. Down from 205. I can currently just barely see all my abs while flexing. Not much mass to me. Should I cut down another 8 lbs or so to get more shredded look or start slow bulk now and better luck with the beach body next year?
>>
File: c4a.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
c4a.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>>41162818
Me too. It's a fucking meme. I'm fine.
>>
File: 1492644890204.jpg (24KB, 174x238px) Image search: [Google]
1492644890204.jpg
24KB, 174x238px
What are some hobbies to take up if I no longer want to keep fapping?

Also how do I build self-confidence
>>
>>41162889
Neither. You body absorbs everything you eat unless you're genetically ill. I've been OMAD for a while and I have no problem building musclle eating all my calories in one sitting.
>>
>>41163648
Glute bridges, my dudette. And fire hydrants. And work them hammies too (elevated hamstring bridges and/or glute ham raises).
>>
>>41164379
>if I no longer want to keep fapping?
See >>41163813
>>
At what point do you start actually believing that you're not ugly
>ugly ever since I became a teenager
>figured I'd fix it, circa 2 years ago, haircut, skin, lifted, all of it together.
>got called handsome at a party yday, had 3-4 girls try and flirt with me (trying to get into a relationship with another girl so hard to turn down all advances though, rip)
I'm so used to it that at this point I just feel like it's normal to feel like shit about your own looks, but Idk.
>>
>>41164435
But anon I meant in a excess way. There's no way I could last a week without fapping.
>>
>>41164437
shit, same here man.

I grew up as a really ugly kid while everyone around me blossomed. Eventually I started working out and fixing myself. If I objectively look at myself in the mirror I look really attractive, but due to all those years of looking like horse shit and being made fun of, I'll never really believe it. I always feel inadequate and like if I'm not perfect, no one will love me.
>>
So last night I went out with 8/10 but she had a cold sore.. I've never had one, is this a big deal?
>>
File: 67889.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
67889.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Anyone have recommend a meal plan?

I read the sticky but it doesn't say what to actually eat.

>9 grams of protein per X calories
Doesn't actually help me.
I want a structured strict meal plan. Eat this, this, and this a day. With recipes.
>>
What's 1/2/3/4? I know for sure that they are numbers of plates but do they correspond to a type of compound movement? I.e. OHP/bent over row/DL/squat?
>>
>>41164512
Not really, some people get cold sores because their mother has them and she kissed them as a kid. They don't make you more likely to die or anything.

BUT they are ugly as fuck, take forever to heal, and occur anywhere between a few times a year to once a year. And they scar.

I get them around twice a year, but there's this thing called Zovirax which you put on as soon as you feel one coming on, and it just doesn't appear.
>>
>>41164496
It's hard man. Got a pretty shitty haircut now as well due to the barber understanding me wrong and it being too late to correct her, so that ain't fucking helping with my self image. Gona get it cut again next week I guess. I keep playing with my hair trying to fucking adjust it properly.
>>
>>41164571
OHP/rows/squats/DL
>>
>>41164585
No.

OHP / Bench / Squats / DLs
>>
>>41164571
Overhead Press / Bench / Squat / Deadlift
Do note that if you're a manlet, 1/2/3/4 is a lot harder to achieve. There's a large difference between being like 5'7" and 6'3" and having 1/2/3/4.
>>
>>41164585
I was close.
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>41164557

You're probably better off just thinking of the types of foods you like, and modifying the recipes to suit your nutritional needs.
All /fit/ knows how to cook is chicken, broccoli and brown rice.
>>
>>41164597
>>41164591

Thanks for the clarifications.
>>
>>41162614
Just buy halo top instead.
>>
>>41164628
doesn't exist in the uk
>>
>>41163984
YO
>>
>>41160883
>that'll do fine seen you ask about it several times
Yes, that's true. I was concerned bc I've shuffled and stalled around for long long time...
But you got your point. I'll winter bulk for 3 months and see how it goes.
>>
>>41163701
>>41164129
>>41164398
Aight, thanks anons
>>
How do I stop being a thighlet?
>>
>>41165035
Squatz and oatz
>>
>>41165035
Squatz. My thighs are so big that i keep ruining jeans
>>
>>41164557
Avoid processed foods, eat more if youre bulking, eat less if youre cutting. Get protein from tuna or turkey, or take scoops if youre unsure. Theres no golden rule, just whatever you feel comfortable with. I take two scoops every 2 days after working out.
>>
>>41164597
It's the exact opposite fucktard. 1/2/3/4 is easier for shorter people
>>
>>41165059
do you lowbar or highbar skwat
>>
File: god damnit.jpg (31KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
god damnit.jpg
31KB, 600x315px
Are certain excercises harder for tallfags? Lets take bicep curls as an example. The weight is at the end of a longer arm, so leverage causes it to be harder to move.
>>
Is there a meal tracker app for iOS that is comparable to myfitnesspal sans glitchiness, bloated software, and annoying ads? Database size and nutrition accuracy aren't important because I generally eat only whole foods, use standard reference values from the USDA nutrient database, and weigh everything. Thus, I'm looking for an app that has some form of the following features:

- ability to create custom meals (e.g. 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm, etc. or breakfast, lunch, schmunch, clunch, etc.)
- copy/paste (i.e. "quick add") a single or all meals from the previous day (I eat the ~same thing everyday but in varying amounts, e.g. 100g apple vs. 200g apple)
- ability to create to a custom food (i.e. rarely will I need to add an obscure USDA standard reference value)
- And in order of improtance: daily calories >> macros > ... > micros
>>
redpill me on multivitamins?
>>
>>41165343
it's not necessarily about being tall, moreso having long limbs versus shorter ones. Every lift I can think of except the deadlift has a disadvantage towards people with long limbs.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>41161436
>By this I mean, it would highlight which muscles are active in keeping you straight up, and the harder a muscle is working, the brighter it is shaded.
That's autistic and belies a misunderstanding of walking and posture. You use tendons, ligaments, bones and muscles pretty much constantly and they vary as you walk ever so slightly. It's a pointless autistic question

>I'm asking this because all of the sitting I've done has fucked up my posture, and I honestly wasn't even using my glutes to stand a couple of weeks ago. My posture was so fucked up, but I'm trying to fix it.
Most common ones on 4chan are lordosis and anterior pelvic tilt, both of which are fixed through a combination of lower back, hip flexor and posterior chain work with stretching of the hams and glutes, so think
Deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, bent over rows, pendlay rows, hip thrusts, lunges etc

Deadlifts pretty much singlehandedly fixed my extreme lordosis

>>41161478
Eat then like a non spastic. Or use them for custard

>>41161990
>am i really doing my body a disservice by staying above 15%
Depends how far above you are. Typically anything above 20% is considered overweight and where marginal health/heart issues start to appear. If you're getting enough cardio and strength then <20% is generally fine

>>41162405
Depends how you define natty, pretty much no such thing.

>>41162419
Bedrest and HGH

>>41162486
Mostly a meme but mercury is a growing problem in deepwater fishing. If you're eating more than 5 160g tins of tuna per week studies show you start to have long term problems and knock years off your life, otherwise it's not a problem. Just avoid swordfish and other large predators

>>41162614
Generally fine other than perhaps feeling like crap the next day. That much sugar per week is fairly stupid but not a huge problem if you're otherwise eating right

>>41162658
Build back muscles instead. Deadlifts, rows, back extensions etc at gym.
>>
>>41164905
Ops , it was meant for >>41160980
>>
>>41164584
>barber
>her

the last place i got my hair cut at was an old italian barber in my neighbourhood he was about 80 had parkinsons cut a small part of me ear off and im pre sure he had cataracts and he still gave me a good cut, i didnt even ask for shit just short n neat. fuark. i only got to go to him twice tho the next time i tried he shut down due to health reasons : (

he was still fuckin good he had that instinct u cunts
>>
File: 1490369500065.jpg (30KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490369500065.jpg
30KB, 480x465px
>>41162987
>How come going below parallel is so important for protecting your knees in squats
It isn't. It's just training more muscle as it's full ROM. If your form is right you can do whatever you want

That said, you're likely placing less strain on the knees going below parallel because you're more likely to remember to activate posterior chain

Also Deadlift is a hip movement

>>41162889
There is no realistic limit to the amount of calories your gut bacteria can process, anyone arguing otherwise doesn't understand basic science. The bottleneck is digestion, hence why if you drink a litre of vegetable oil you'll shit most of it out. Were you to slow down you'd absorb it all, as science shows.
Don't listen to blogs in the face of common sense.

>>41163648
Squats are easy because they're practical for large weight. Hip thrusts and lunges are far better in terms of glute building efficiency

>>41164295
MyFitnessPal

>>41164557
Learn to cook and use http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
Buy 40% of the foods on that list each month and cook with them- 99% of nutrition solved.

>>41164597
Opposite, it's easier if you're short
>>
what's a good jogging pace for running a 5k? I've been losing weight since January and can finally run more than a mile without feeling like death. I'm working up towards running 2 miles straight at a single pace on a treadmill. Should I aim for 10 minute miles, or 11 minute?
>>
>>41162889

Literally read the sticky.

In the diet section it talks about this claim, then says "there is no empirical evidence to back this up"
>>
When doing a bicep curl, does turning my hand from neutral to supine provide any extra benefit?
>>
Why is it that in most of those videos with people doing ridiculous meme exercises, or lifts with absolutely terrible form the people are so often big? Is everybody roiding, or is it possible to actually get big and fit while having snapcity-tier form or tiny ROMs?
>>
Why are oats and beans suggested so often when neither of them are a substantial source of protein? Beans have some, I guess, but oats are just carbs, so what's the deal?
>>
>>41166350
oats are a complex carb meaning they give sustained energy, also they r gude for you
>>
>>41163923
I have a lot of stomach fat stores on my gut due to being an endomorph and cutting to get rid of it seems like a good idea for right now
>>
>>41163931
>dont have goals or plan

T. Dyel
>>
>>41166418
Storage* oops
>>
>>41163978
You look fine stop being insecure

At this level of fitness the only people youre trying to impress are /fit/izens. Women wont care or notice your supposd gyno, which I dont even think you have
>>
Got dumped, want to go clubbing.
How weird is it to go clubbing by myself? Do people even fucking care?
None of my friends want to go today.
>>
>>41163813
Shit, looks exactly like mine, got it after a long nofap too. It's been like this for like 6 months already, it probably won't just go away.
What sucks is that I am in the third world rn and cant go see a doctor
>>
>>41163813
>HE FELL FOR THE NOFAP MEME

HOLY SHIT DID YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE US WHEN WE TOLD YOU YOUR SEMEN WOULD REABSORB INTO YOUR BODY?
>>
If I'm a 5'9 130lbs skeleton, is it really possible for me to gain enough muscle to look /fit/? Many guys have a large body frame seemingly naturally and I'm jelly.
>>
I want to do a bit of alcohol on the weekend.
What would be best say going about it?
>>
>>41163696
The problem is that the workout takes an hour and 45 minutes and it's starting to make me not want to lift because of it. I know I should man up and just do it but was curious if it's stupid to separate the lower body days in a full body program. Instead of AxBxAxx it would be A L B L Axx
>>
Can't believe I am asking this on a fitness board, but here it goes.

My gf has a series of guys who she calls her friends, and since I am an autist who only cares about his hobby (which is not video games or porn, but obviously fitness related), she sometimes spends time with them, mostly one-on-one, which is pretty fucking disturbing to be honest. She will sometimes write to her "friends" while we are together, or spend 8 hours in her dorm room, just talking the shit (which she tells me). I talked to her about it, and she says they are "just friends", which is of course code for "I'll absolutely fuck them if we ever break up", and the reason because she does this is, well you guessed it, I ain't there for her when she needs it.

However, check this fucking double standard: I am kind of flirty when it comes to women, but I never ever text any of them for an extended period of time, I am only flirty in real life, I'd say. When I pointed this out, she admitted that would not be okay and she'd absolutely not be okay with that, like if we swapped places and I had girls over for 8 hours in my dorm room, one- on-one.

I figured that was the end of that behavior, but today she told me she was going to a concert her (female) friends is singing at, with a guy, and asked if I wanted to come, too. I mean, wtf?

So /fit/, tell me, how cucked am I? Is this girl a literal retard? Am I too selfish to care about anything except my own shit? Does that make me an asshole? Ask anything, I'll provide the info
>>
Am I coming off my cut correctly? Been at 1600cal/day for 4 weeks and have been adding 100cal every 2 days until I'm up to my 2100-2200 maintenance. Currently at 1900 today. Am I increasing too fast? Not trying to gain rebound weight coming off this cut.
>>
>>41167138
90% of the time those guys are skulking around for an opportunity to bone. They're her friends, but also looking for a chance to fuck. Your gf/bf having these kinds of friends is the worst: they're good enough friends, and they've been friends for a long time without them instigating anything, but they still wouldn't mind boning, so you can't just tell her not to hang out with these friends.
The concert doesn't seem that bad at all desu, but the rest of it sounds pretty iffy yeah.
She most likely ain't going to cheat on you, but it's still annoying as shit seeing guys lurk around your gf that you know want to have sex with her, but you can't do anything about it.
Talk to her about it and express how it makes you feel.
>>
>>41166951
5'9'' and 150 with abs in a year, 5'9'' and 170 with abs in a few years, possible natty with good programming and hard work.
>>41166350
cup of oatmeal has 11g of protein
cup of navy beans has 20g
>>41165854
short distances like 5k and under, shoot for faster times with the same distance and do 1 run a week or every 2 weeks where you relax the pace and go for longer distances
you can do a mile, do 1x a week and push it below 8 min
you can do 2 miles straight, then push that under 17 min
long run push for 5k just finishing, once you got that, push it under 27 min
then work at pushing them all down each week by a few seconds
>>
>>41166608
if people ask questions say that you're waiting for your boys etc
>>
>>41167022
If you dont give your legs time to rest then you wont be able to do much with them man. Bodybuilding is a three leg stool made up of lifting, diet, and rest. If you deprive yourself of any of those, then stool aint gonna stand
>>
>>41167138
It definitely is 100% fucked that she is spending 1-on-1 time with other guys. And you know that these guys all want to fuck her. Either they have, or they're trying to. And yeah she said it wouldn't be OK if you swapped places. But here's the thing, if you get mad about it (which is 100% rational no matter what she or anyone says) she's going to turn you into the bad guy. You're in a lose-lose situation and this isn't the answer you're going to want but I can guarantee that your relationship isn't going to last. You need to try spending more time with her and see what happens even though I don't think that's an excuse to hang with other guys.
>>
>>41167022
ALBLAxx is fine if it keeps you going to the gym and fits your schedule
>>41167138
she's fucking around on you or at least keeping her options open, ditch the bith
if you're in a relationship you can't have "friends" of the opposite sex that you spend 1:1 alone time with, it's inappropriate and creates opportunities that will be taken advantage of
ditch the bitch and find another
>>41167168
i kinda like 10% adjustments in a cut or bulk and just go directly from cut or bulk to maintenance and stay there for a couple of weeks before switching your way sounds just fine to me though
>>
>>41167208

Thanks for the opinion, but the concert thing is not a one-time thing, but she has been taking this particular guy to watch ballet (in fairness, she did ask me, but fuck ballet, I am gay enough as is), to one-on-one dinner, to a local pond and they have been friends for like, max 4 months now. I mean, she must be pretty fucking dumb to not realize that some of these guys actually want to bone her, and if she actually is, should I be with her?

Honestly, sex isn't good, she is a pillow princess, there has been times she didn't make me cum (literally talking about 40mins of intercourse, this is a fucking curse) and I can feel she doesn't really respect what I do with my life.

I am not looking for an excuse to leave her, but I feel like something is missing from this relationship, for both me and her, and forcing it will only makes us resent each other and will end up with her cheating on me or with me napalming the whole relationship.

>inb4 faggot because can't come from PIV
>>
>>41167273

Kind of my thoughts, I think I am gonna try it out for next month and leave or have a serious talk where I'll try to not let her play the victim.
>>
>>41167284

I wouldn't really call her a bitch, but yeah, this shit is not really okay
>>
>>41167305
Yeah it sounds like she's spending time that she wishes she could spend with you, with other people instead because you refuse it...not saying you're at fault at all. Just doesn't sound like you're all that compatible man. If you feel like it, just break up with her. It's the better thing to do in situations like that rather than going on forever.
>>
>>41167305
Bro... She's not dumb. You're now a ain't excuses for her. She knows exactly what she's doing. She loves male attention. If she's only known this guy for 4 months and is basically going on dates with him, something is going to happen. Just wait until alcohol is involved. Even if she's not, pretend you're the other guy, what kind of signals do you think this is sending the other guy? He thinks she wants to fuck. He wants to fuck. He's going to try. Stretch shopping around for somebody new now. It sucks but it is what it is.
>>
File: 1469060239053.jpg (576KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469060239053.jpg
576KB, 1200x1200px
What do you put in your shakes/smoothies?
I just had spinach, oats, banana, and milk. I would've put in greek yogurt too, but I ran out.
>>
>>41160883
>8 sets of 2
>8 sets of 3
>3 sets of 6
>3 sets of 8

That seems wacky, is this really a good way to do things? My OHP is shit and I'd like to start getting it up
>>
>>41167138
Is your sex life okay of late? By late I mean since she started doing this.
She is probably not a retard, she likes the attention, and she can get away with it, so she keeps doing it, even though you are not happy with it. Doesn't make her a bad person, this shit is semi-concious, most people are like this.
You are not too selfish, and you are not an asshole. Doing the same stuff with your female friends will give an idea. Don't bring this topic up yourself, you may come off insecure.
>>
>>41167373
My phone completely butchered this but you get the idea. Don't make excuses for her. She knows what she's doing. She already conceded if you were doing what she is doing, she wouldn't be OK with it. Common sense would men she would stop then. Don't let her say it's your fault because you don't spend enough time together. That's the most retarded excuse. That excuse is her basically saying that shes looking for somebody else to fuck and means you should bail on the relationship.
>>
>>41167371

I'll keep this in mind, incompatibility came to mind, along with "I am too young and not responsibility-bound to try to make it work"

>>41167373

Now that I think about it, she has had a lot a male friends, and I know the saying about girls with absolutely no girlfriends
>>
>>41167411

She told me she really liked the sex the other morning after the night, but the sex hasn't changed at all, me doing all the work, she mostly lying on the bed
>>
>>41167441

Sorry for fucking up the replies, my first real conversion on the board.

Yeah, you are right, I really should stop making excuses for her.
>>
>>41167409
>8 sets of 2
>8 sets of 3
>3 sets of 6
>3 sets of 8
This is not how it works.

You start with a weight that it feels hard but doable at 8x2. Each training session, you try to add 1 more rep for 1 set, until all 8 sets are done 8x3. Then, next training session you increase weights and start over at 8x2.

For 3x6 > 3x8, it's basically the same thing but with much lower weights (50-70% 2RM tops). Progress is slower as well.

For me, this scheme is doing great, but I've been doing it for only a couple weeks. There are a couple manlets on reddit that achieved over 225lbs ohp (more than their own body weight) by following the hepburn method.
>>
>>41167461
>"I am too young and not responsibility-bound to try to make it work"
Bro, I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years a month ago pretty much because of this.
It just didn't feel like the "right" relationship so I ended it before we started moving in together (was planning on it this summer); I'm young, I have way too many options still available.

Got dumped by another girl today though with whom I went out on 4 dates with, so that feels bad.
She kissed fucking weirdly man, neither of us felt any chemistry, and I'm like 99% sure that's the biggest reason as to why.
>>
>>41167411
See that's the problem with women. If he brings this up he looks like he's insecure and she'll immediately try to flip it on him and say he's being a dickhead. But the only way to stomp this behavior out is to talk about it. She's going to use the fact that she invited you against you as well. That's going to be her "proof" that they're just friends. Doesn't matter. The guys she's chilling with want to fuck her. I've seen this shit before I've lived shit like this before. She knows what she's doing and knows it's fucked up. Find a girl who doesn't do this shit. There's no excuse for a girl to be going out on little dates with guys if she's in a relationship. Unless the dude is full blown gay or they've known each other for much longer than she's known you and even then it's still weird.
>>
>>41167508

Did the grass is greener on the other side happened to you or are you actually happy with that choice you made?
>>
File: 1461641385793.jpg (70KB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
1461641385793.jpg
70KB, 560x430px
>>41163860
>>
>>41167502
Okay, so it's basically like this:

>week 1: 8x2
>week 2: 7x2, 1x3
>week 3: 6x2, 2x3

etc?
>>
>>41167550
Yes, it is.
>>
There are no squat racks/power racks in my gym. My only option for squatting is the smith machine. Is it better to use the straight smith machines, or the ones that have a slight angle?
>>
>>41167531
Different guy here. I met a girl who wanted something serious with me. She wanted to date, but I didn't. She wasn't hot enough. But I still fucked her for a year. Felt bad about it because I was kinda wasting her time. She was a virgin and she was the type of girl who wouldn't pull the shit your gf is doing. But I stopped it because like I said I felt bad. Then last month I met a girl who I thought was perfect. I wanted something serious with her (even though I knew it wouldn't work long term but I'm an idiot) and she ends up dumping me because she didn't want a serious thing. Idk if karma is real but damn. The worst part is, she thought I was an oral sex wizard. I know I'm good at it, I made her cum 10 times in a couple hours one night, then 3 times in a like 3 minutes another night. That wasn't enough to keep her around.
>>
>>41167531
So far I'm pretty happy to be honest. Towards the end of the relationship, she started being really needy. Haven't had any pussy in about five weeks now though. Also she kind of exploded earlier this week on me after us not talking for a month, and it really showed all of her bad sides to me. I was bringing the 4-dates girl to a friend's birthday party to which my ex was also going, and she messaged me asking me not to bring anyone as she hadn't yet gotten over me; I told her I'd already invited the girl and I'm not going to cancel the invite. She pretty much flipped her shit and kept talking about why I wanted to "punish her" and what bad had she done to me, and I was just shrugging: I was just bringing the girl along 'cause I wanted to hang out with her. I didn't think of my ex at all because why the fuck would I. She then showed up to the party with some random dude as her companion, I had to hold back laughing at her because we share most of our friends.

tl;dr Idk yet.
>>
>>41167603
The thing is this girl was also a virgin before me, and I know it was a huge deal for her internally to have me become her first.

>>41167607
I am afraid that I'll leave her, remember the good times, be fucking sorry as hell and regret it, be too proud to ask her back, just in general fuck a good thing and myself. Buuuut, I really can't find a perfect time where I was happy with the relationship, so maybe it would be okay.

No idea, at all.
>>
>>41167575
Squatting in smiths machine is not a good choice at all.

If you don't have access to a rack, your best options are:
> barbell hack squats + leg curls
> cleaning and front squatting the bar (do goblet squats until you can front squat properly)
> goblet squats, bulgarian split squats and other dumbbells squats (limited progression tho)

As a rule thumb, machines are not a option for lower body training, except for adding volume at lower weights (calf raises, leg press).
>>
>>41167669
Yup. It took me about half a year to come to that conclusion man, and I wish I had done it sooner.
Try and make up your mind, but don't delay it for too long...nor do you want to rush an important decision. Fun, isn't it? :^)
>>
with eastern european genetics and fair skin, how do i get a nice tan without that fake baking shit (obviously i know go outside, but even laying out with a gradual increase each day takes FOREVER)
>>
>>41167669
OK but now that you're having these doubts and thoughts it's not going to get any better. I'm not sure how old you are but I'd guess around 21 and she's probably between like 19-21. You're both young. She's a woman she'll be fine. You can try and make it work if you really want. You need to try spending more time with her and see if that changes anything, if not you need to tell her that you're not comfortable with her spending alone time with guys who are "just friends" If she resists to stopping, even just a little bit you know you need to get out. It's not OK, don't make excuses for her and don't let her make excuses either. Even if it hurts, you WILL find another girl. You may never forget about this one, but you can be just as or even happier with someone else. There may and probably will be shittier girls in between though just be aware of that.
>>
>>41167709

I'll observe the relationship for about a month, and then decide if I should go on.
Coming to this board and asking for help went pretty fucking good, I should do this often.

Clocking out right now, stay /fit/
>>
>>41167761

I'll keep this and everything else in mind.
>>
How do I overcome my fear of squatting? I had injured my neck on squats by staring straight ahead, and it knocked me out of squats for awhile, and I subbed Leg Press instead. Now I'm going back and aside from my weight also being lower, I'm really anxious about squats. Will this get better as I do them more again?
>>
if i go on a cut will i get to otter mode because im dyel as fuck after 1.3 years of lifting

also can i just do abs deadlifts and cable flies and hypertrophy rep ranges to get to otermode
>>
>>41167477
Do you have sex less often? If she still wants you, no reason to be worried about getting cucked imo.
>>41167511
Do the same shit she does, make her bring this topic up herself, and you are in the driver's seat. Those are petty games, but there is not much choice
>>
>>41167793

you should be ottermode but then again you look really fat on the stomach area. curious to see where you would end up at 10-12% bf
>>
>>41167568
Sweet, thanks. Might try this program.
>>
>>41167801
If you find yourself in a relationship where you have to play those games and you're above the age of 22, just end your romantic relationship because it's not going to work, and isn't worth it.
>>
Should I do the guillotine press for my chest, or just stick to a regular bench press, or do both?
>>
File: 1478646728697.jpg (189KB, 1057x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1478646728697.jpg
189KB, 1057x1403px
>>41160513
Is there a way to find your rhomboids easily? Ive been hitting them hard but I cant tell where they are to make sure i get that mind-body activation.
>>
>>41160513
How does one do half a pl8? Is that two 10s and a 2.5 on each side?
>>
File: 0A.jpg (22KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
0A.jpg
22KB, 404x404px
>>41163813
what the fuck senpai
>>
>>41166032
Bumping, also curious about this.
>>
>>41166032
>>41168247
You get a complete contraction of the bicep which equals more gains from your curls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_T1vYoCDiw
>>
>>41166897
Yes,
>>
Sometimes get a thin tingling sensation along the length of my arm when doing dips, but also happened during heavy rows. It feels like it's a single muscle fiber snapping, but don't actually know what it is.

Is my imagination of snapping fibers right? If not then what? Is it bad? Can I prevent it?
>>
>>41167831
Is there a way to follow this advice without going celibate for many months at a time?
>>
>>41168862
Tinder, or go to bars on the weekends and look for super slutty girls.
>>
File: candito.png (6KB, 212x273px) Image search: [Google]
candito.png
6KB, 212x273px
I started the candito 6 week program today and the programs says there are optional exercises and accessory lifts. These being the bottom two on each day. I chose for my legs; Hamstring curls and single legged legpress. For upper body i chose preacher curl and closegrip benchpress.

Im curious as if i made a smart choice to pick those or if you guys would recommend me choosing something else or perhaps not having the optional lifts at all
>>
Will my legs get bigger from squatting heavy twice a week in 3 months?
>>
>>41166032
Yes. Biceps is both elbow flexor and supinator.
>>
I'm feeling bloated, what would be the best thing for me to take right now to make me feel better?
>>
>>41169341
A shit
>>
>>41169367
What if I already took 2 today?
>>
File: liverpoolhairdo.jpg (68KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
liverpoolhairdo.jpg
68KB, 720x960px
Can you do Greyskull LP as a beginner? I have form down, but still beginner in terms of lifts. Greyskull seems great as there's a lot of upper body and is 3 days. What do you reckon?
>>
I'm seeing gains in the middle of my body, but my calfs and forearms are tiny as fuck still. What do?
>>
>>41169406
yeah you can, its pretty much a modified SS, hence a beginners program
>>
>>41169421
calves are infamously difficult to grow, having to do both seated and standing calf raises, and very often. Mostly though, as with forearms, its genetics. You will most likely stay a wristlet forever.
>>
What is the best time of day to exercise to gain mass
>>
>>41169421
Forearms need a fuckload of volume for long time to get gains. Not necessarily high intensity tho. Try doing wrist rollers and forearm curls in the rest time every time. Do it like 4x25 or so...
>>
I've inflammed my left bicep, Doc says I should avoid upperbody work for a momth and do light stuff like curling a small water bottle.

I was think of getting light resistance bands for upperbody stuff.

Should I get 15lbs or 30lbs bands? I have no idea if 15 will be too light or 30 will be too heavy
>>
I see people saying 1/2/3/4 on here a lot and I haven't been able to figure out what it means.
>>
>>41169608
60kg OHP
100kg Benchpress
140kg squat
180kg deadlift
the numbers meaning the amount of 20kg plates per side of the bar
>>
>>41169622
Oh ok, thanks. I'm in burger land so I was pretty lost.
Are those the same as 45 plates?
>>
>>41169717
20kg is 44 pounds so its not a huge difference but yeah its the same
>>
>>41169608
max ohp at least 1pl8 on each side 135# /
bench 2pl8 /
squat 3pl8 /
deadlift 4pl8
1/2/3/4
it's a milestone for a strong guy, not like superstrong competitor in a barbell sport but the guy probably has 1000lb 3-lift total and is as strong as most team sport athletes and probably stronger than 99% of the people he meets on the street (outside the powerlifting or olifting gym)

1/2/3/4 is pretty much the best normals who don't /fraud/ can hope for, tough for manlets to reach, the marker for really big guys or competitors or /fraud/ is 2/3/4/5 which realistically by the time they get that 2/ at the beginning they probably have 2/3/5/6.

1/2/3/4 is basically out of reach for femanons. Probably only a hundred or so women in the world could and they're all hormonally men and competing in PL. The comparable marker for normal non-/fraud/ women is more like 0/1/2/2.
>>
Local gym just got a hacksquat machine
Are they worth using?
>>
Anyone know of some really strong deodorant? my pits smell like fucking weed after a while (srs) and it stains my shirts.
>>
Should I shave my head? My hair is way too wild, but I don't have the money or inclination to go get it cut.
>>
File: 20170422_150303.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_150303.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
>>41170196
Pic related.
>>
>>41170196
>wasting good hair genetics on going bald
dumb
>>
>>41170209
>>41170208
lmao nevermind posted too early
>>
>>41170208
Offer to give a guy a handy in the gym shower for 10 bucks
Get your haircut then
>>
I mistakenly bout a mass gainer. Would I be able to just take one scoop of whey instead of the 4 scoops? Does it matter?
>>
tfw at one time thought being a sedentary office worker was the bane of getting fit

Now I've realized that my lifestyle just lends itself extra well to getting fit due to all the extra recovery time I get means I can lift more often.
>>
>>41170281
the recommended servings on anything you buy of whey, gainers etc is just to be ignored. Look at the contents and take that in mind with how many scoops you want
>>
>>41170208
Buzzcut
>>
>>41170316
Awesome. I wasn't to sure if it would affect anything. Thank you!
>>
Is it gay to have another dude jerk you off with a fleshlight while closing your eyes? Hes technically not touching you at all.
>>
Ok lads time to be honest. Is there someone else who has almost no progress? I started 2 months ago and my weights didnt change only that I can rep more changed. Shoulderpress 5kg squat 24 kg. I don't take gym seriously I go to pass the time until I get a job. I also don't eat much because depression makes eating hard.
>>
File: 195cm dyel.jpg (2KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
195cm dyel.jpg
2KB, 93x125px
>>41170694
How long do you think would take me to cut to a decent bf%?

I want to bulk for winter but same time want not to get too fat that would take me months to look decent. (south hemisphere here btw)

> currently 6'5 220lbs
>>
>>41170744
It's the eating.
>>
Some days during my cut I feel famished and faint and if I don't eat a fuck ton within the next hour I'll get clammy and hot and begin feeling like I'm going to pass out

Is this normal during a cut? I've been cutting since February and it's happened a few times since, including today. I hate having to chalk up a day as a loss to risk not losing consciousness when I'm carrying heavy shit at work or driving or taking care of the kids
>>
>>41170951
oh ok thanks bra. Would better eating improve my stamina also much faster?
>>
>>41163813
I'd downsize on the squat plug, might be hitting too far into your prostate.
>>
File: 1480744129985.gif (1011KB, 450x365px) Image search: [Google]
1480744129985.gif
1011KB, 450x365px
Hey brehs, what's the best routine for natty strength and aesthetics, that is at most 4 times a week?
>>
>>41161202
>>41161216
Unless those photos were taken like 8 years apart, that arm + that torso = roided curlbro
>>
>>41171057
Candito LP at 1st strength/control then strength/hypetrophy
>>
>>41170987
>>41170744
I'd say you're wasting time on lifting when you should be doing body weight until you can do 100 push ups, 25 pull ups, 250 squats, 200 sit ups, and 25 handstand push ups (wall assisted). That's a decent goal that'll get you more balanced results and prepare your body for lifting heavier. Weights are like 20% of the picture.

At that point lifting should work for you, and your weights will be way up.

Also, do L-sits and bridges.

The lower the reps, the more sets. The higher the reps, the less sets, and then add a more difficult version of that exercise as well as the normal version.
>>
>>41170963
How big is your deficit?
>>
>>41171138
It's hard for me to get an exact number because work isn't always the same physical intensity each day but I estimate it's between 500 and 1000 on my working days and I eat at a maintenance on my off day each week.
>>
>>41171188
You shouldn't be considering physical activity into your deficit when on a cut.
>>
>>41170744
> I don't take gym seriously
there's your problem
>>41171130
>I'd say you're wasting time on lifting when you should be doing body weight until you can do 100 push ups, 25 pull ups, 250 squats, 200 sit ups, and 25 handstand push ups (wall assisted
kys
>>41170963
that happens sometimes if your deficit is big or you have lots of activity
> carrying heavy shit at work
there it is
> I hate having to chalk up a day as a loss
don't say that. just figure out what you can eat to stop the shakes and carry some with you if you can, count the kcals in your total
>>
>>41160513
Green hot sauce and black coffee with every meal is good during a cut, right?
>>
>>41171237
>>>41170744 (You)
>> I don't take gym seriously
>there's your problem
gym is still doing me good. It is good to have to do something (normally I wouldn't care but I am searching a job so I can't live my neet life in the old ways). I still get more stamina and stronger and some muscles and I also get to see gym girls which is the closest I am to sexual intercourse.
>>
How important is hitting your macros while cutting? I'm getting maybe half of my weight in protein, and eating at a 500 deficit.

Also, can I just binge on energy drinks like Monster, memes aside to curb hunger? Coffee tastes like shit.
>>
>>41171473
you want to hit your protein requirements to prevent muscle wasting otherwise you are totally wasting your time,
>>
Is any exercise suitable for everday or sustained every other day? Pushups or ab workouts?
>>
>>41171551

So the general rule with cutting, across the board with all diets, is keep protein high while cutting calories right? I'm just counting calories and drinking whey shakes every so often, I guess I gotta drink more then.
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_Sadayo_Kawakami.png (114KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Sadayo_Kawakami.png
114KB, 500x500px
How do I stop being wristlet?
>>
>>41171619
Choose a better girl, like Makoto.
>>
File: tumblr_nzguq6iNOx1uiv7r3o1_1280.jpg (129KB, 637x626px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzguq6iNOx1uiv7r3o1_1280.jpg
129KB, 637x626px
Where do you guys buy your dumbbells? I want a cheap one to do curls with while binge watching my 600 lb Life episodes.
>>
Are kettlebells a meme?
>>
>>41171619
bicep curls or just deal with it

no amount of wrist training will change your bone structure, but you can still strengthen what you got
>>
File: IMG_20170331_134218.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_134218.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
Is eating chicken and sliced fried potatoes a bad idea? I've been eating like this for a long time now.
>>
Lads I need some advice. Might lose my virginity this weekend, how do I shave my crotch? Also anything else I should know?
>>
>>41160513
Boys help
I did SS and have huge quads but my upper body is trash but my legs are awesome and as an ex fatty have great calves too
This is my routine

Rate routine
Bench press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Incline dumbbell 3x8-12
Dumbbell flyes 3x8-12

OHP 3x5
Rows 3x5
Pullups 3xF then negatives
Lat pulldown 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x8-12
Dumbbell press 3x8-12

Hyperextensions 3x10 and 3x10 incline sit-ups on both days

Light squatting once a week
Biceps and triceps once a week

What should I add/remove?
Or do you guys have any routine which is just 3 days a week?
>>
>>41171889
>Or do you guys have any routine which is just 3 days a week?
Do either Alphadestiny novice program or Icf 5x5, if you're still beginner. If your lifts are intermediate lv or close to it, do some hypertrophy focused program like Arnold Golden Six instead (more volume, more gains once you past beginner).
>>
Do you guys eat wheat germ?
>>
Is vegan protein powder like garden of life asgood as whey?
>>
>>41170912
pls respond
>>
>>41172049
Hey autist, maybe post a pic large enough for us to see
>>
>>41171962
I have before and me mum swears by it.
>>
File: 195cm dyel.jpg (2MB, 3072x4096px) Image search: [Google]
195cm dyel.jpg
2MB, 3072x4096px
>>41172066
Kek fuck I posted the thumb not the file.

Pic related, tho it's kinda bad anyway.

Do you think I could afford a winter bulk then start cutting by September for summer? (south hemisphere here)
>>
>>41171962
>>41172095
Same situation here.
I still enjoy it mixed with fruit salad.
>>
File: 1488335786348.jpg (67KB, 540x413px) Image search: [Google]
1488335786348.jpg
67KB, 540x413px
>>41163860
>>
>>41169788
1/2/3/4 definitely isn't close to the max for natty lifters

If you started somewhat in shape and have a good diet and program, you can easily hit 1/2/3/4 within 6 months of lifting.
>>
>>41171590
Yes. If you don't get enough protein while cutting you WILL become skinnyfat/skelemode. I made this EXACT mistake and lost whatever muscle I would have had from lugging my fat ass around everywhere.
>>
File: 20170417_092121.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_092121.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>41164330
Bumping
>>
>>41164330
>>41172413
well at 6" 160 no one will be impressed that you have abs
>>
>>41172601
Yea I know that but it gives me a clean slate to build on right? Currently transitioning into a bulk anyways. Just going up slow to lose a little more weight
>>
File: 1464296905762.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464296905762.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
How do I break water retention and lose water weight without doing keto?
>>
how does /fit/ deal with cravings? Any tips for combating them and getting this shit out of my system?
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 640x1136px
Guys, I fucked up my cut a bit
>pic related

And now I've lost literally ALL motivation to continue.

>is it time to commit sudoku :'^(
>>
All things the same, a smaller fist will transfer more energy in a punch than a larger fist, right?

So would that mean that the "lunchbox fists" are so prized because of the more than likely weight behind it?

Ie, if a smaller fist somehow weighed the same it would hit harder, but it more often than not will have a lower weight?

Just wanted some sort of consensus about this. Have thought on and off about it for years.
>>
>>41173010
I do enough cardio and lifting to let me cheat every now and then.
>>
>>41173010
Cigarettes. Black coffee. Cocaine.
>>
>>41173156
I don't want to entertain this thought until I've lost substantial weight. It's a slippery slope to "fuck it just eat the whole bag you're going to give up anyways"

>>41173167
I don't smoke or do drugs but I'll consider coffee.
>>
>>41173197

But anon, caffeine is a drug
>>
>>41161244
bump
>>
What vitamins do you all supplement besides D and fish oil mentioned in the sticky. Link?

Also I read somewhere that you should take vitamin K if you're supplementing vitamin D b/c of some heart thing
>>
File: 1468734954129.jpg (36KB, 382x320px) Image search: [Google]
1468734954129.jpg
36KB, 382x320px
>>41173211
what
>>
File: 1486255553085.png (87KB, 268x325px) Image search: [Google]
1486255553085.png
87KB, 268x325px
>>41163813

>4 months of NoFap

Jesus Christ man - NoFap is only for people that whack it more than three times a day and literally can't function in life without thinking about masturbating. It's healthy to blow a load once or twice a week - otherwise your semen becomes low quality as it sits unspent in your system. Low quality semen is typically yellow in color (mixed in with traces of urine) but yours is just plain sick looking. Jerk it once every week or two so you can keep yourself healthy while not being so distracted by porn.

t. did NoFap for two months before I realized it was crashing my libido and causing aggression problems.
>>
>>41163813
To answer your question, it did deserve its own thread
>>
>>41173197
Well I don't eat the whole bag, I literally count how many chips I eat anytime I eat them, but even if I only get to taste 10 of them I still enjoy that shit.
>>
>>41173347
until I get more of a hold of myself I just don't have the willpower, so I'd rather take it away altogether
>>
>>41168277
>>41169153
Cool thanks. Saw some guys do them at the gym and was questioning the legitimacy of it.
>>
How far should a noob program take me by eating at maintenance?
>>
>>41173422
That's fair, I'd suggest avoiding all the things you crave then, don't go down that isle in the grocery store, throw out whatever you have left at home. Find other things that are healthy options that you enjoy eating as much as you would whatever you are craving, I switched from cheeseburgers to salads with chicken and peppers. It's not the same at all but goddamn is it a tasty salad. Cook your own meals and season/spice them to your liking, watch the salt portions, most other shit is negligible unless it's high in sodium aka salt (steak seasoning, ect.) If you like sweets, find a protein powder that mimics the what you like, I stopped eating candy and all that just because my protein shake taste like chocolate milk when I mix it in water.

Just gotta supplement what you want with what you need bro and you'll make it.
>>
>>41173501
As far as your going to get until you plateau and then your either going to want to cut and clean bulk or just bulk until you are hitting numbers you want then cut for aesthetics and then cycle cut/bulk until your at a place you want to be then maintain and be radical forever.
>>
>>41173514
thanks man, the grocery aisle thing is good to keep in-mind.
>>
>>41173224
Vitamin D increases calcium uptake which while great for the bones only helps if they are being managed correctly. Vitamin kek is the calcium controller.

Vitamin A is fat soluable so you have to be careful if you supplement it in your diet.
>>
>>41173531
Cereal was a big gains killer for me, I don't even look at them anymore, I know I can make something else for breakfast that's just as delicious and way better for me. I do miss my fruit loops and apple jacks but now I can just eat an apple and some oats or raspberries with them and it's better for me.
>>
>>41173533
Why would you need vitamin D? I just got a new job so I'm curious if this will affect what I need to take. I'm also cutting fairly hard at a 750 deficit.
>>
>>41173602

It's primarily for people in the nodick countries that don't see the sun for months on end so their natural vitamin D levels are low.

If you live in a Florida or California you never really need to supplement it for a healthy life.

Oh and I've heard St John's wart recommend for mental health. It's not considered an approved psych management drug here, but it is in Europe. You could try some of that to have a healthier mind
>>
>>41173672
>live in california
oh, alright.

Should I be able to get most everything else from veggies?
>>
>>41173690

Yep yep. You could also just take multivitamin with 100% your daily need. Would be hard to poison yourself with that.

You can supplement your dick for thicker, more pleasurable cumming.
>>
>>41173672
I live in California, still take 5,000 IU of Vitamin D daily.
>>
>>41173721
I said for a healthy life Anon.
For people who want to live a peak performance life of course you can go further.
>>
>>41171878
Trim it at first and get as close as possible, then over the course of 2-3 days as you shower daily shave every time.
The problem with shaving all at once is that you get super itchy and bumpy, so I like to spread it out.
>>
>>41173777

Do women really like the hairless shave?
It would be prickly as fuck
>>
>>41173853
I just groom, 2 guard for the upper pubes, no guard for the shaft and balls, no guard for chest and pits
>>
>>41173866
I mostly use a trimmer, cutting down all the long hairs but its about 10x too much work to get it just right without nicking the balls.
>>
I tweaked my back a bit last year while starting on SS. Nothing super serious, but I did strain a back muscle. Since then, the only free weights I've done are bench presses.

I want to get back into the other exercises, but I'm worried I'm going to hurt my back again. What do?
>>
File: IMG_20170423_002916.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170423_002916.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
I really want to keep getting stronger, but I'm pretty overweight. 5'11 220
Been lifting since March 1st and lifts are 245 bench and 285x6x3 for squat, gym doesn't have Olympic weights. Tell me do I need to cut or is it gonna kill my gains
>>
is it possible to break jaw muscle while doing neck curls?
>>
>>41173882

Starr rehab
Form fix
Start monitoring your posture and form
>>
>>41173881
I use this shit, don't get many nicks
>>
>>41173527
What's the best noob program? GSLP? Allpro's? Ivysaur's?
>>
>>41173929
GSLP IMO
>>
File: 1488518039034.png (66KB, 590x605px) Image search: [Google]
1488518039034.png
66KB, 590x605px
>>41160513
How big should my lifting plug be /fit/? i'm at an inch girth but every time I go for my squats it always falls out and I have to push it back in, do I need to go bigger or do I need to train my clench more?
>>
>>41173891
You absolutely need to cut. It won't kill your gains but you're not going to make any progress during this. You may lose a bit of strength but losing the fat will make you look way better.
>>
>>41173984
Clench your glutes when you're squatting, m8. It'll engage more muscles especially your sphincter.
>>
I'm gonna grease the groove on pushups. I'll do as many sets of 10 as I can fit before I leave the house, then when I come back I will attempt doing the same. What should I expect?
>>
>>41174281
very little change as pushups aren't a great exercise.
>>
>>41174322
But push up wise I mean. How many is reasonable to expect to be able to do in 4 weeks of doing this?
>>
>>41174352
probably 3 sets of 8-12.
>>
How do I eat for under $40 a week
>>
>>41174506
Buy in bulk

Beans
Rice
whatever ground meat is cheapest
the cheapest chicken you can find and freeze it

learn to use spices to make up for boring meals.
>>
File: Untitled.png (730KB, 698x734px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
730KB, 698x734px
>>41174506
>he actually spends more than $20
>>
>>41174506
oats with oj
>>
I'm currently cooking 8 hard boiled eggs right now. Is there a limit to how many I eat in 1 day? Gimme a rundown on eggs i would appreciate it
>>
File: 1491929652748.png (1MB, 1535x915px) Image search: [Google]
1491929652748.png
1MB, 1535x915px
So /fit/, I'm 6'3 and 265 pounds right now, and i want to stop being a fat fuck and get down to at least 200.

However, I've been lifting for the past 4 years as part of a high school football weightlifting program to the point where I can squat 405, bench 260 and deadlift 475, not bad numbers.

What kind of muscle loss should I expect to see if I'm eating at a 1000-1500 cal deficit?
>>
>>41174561
eggs have a decent amount of chelosterol in them which should make you consider limiting your intake. Also egg farts are fucking putrid.

>>41174591
>1000-1500 cal deficit
more than 1000 is way too steep, you'll start losing energy and feeling like shit. I would never recommend eating less than 60% of your TDEE. Start off at an 1000 deficit for a month and see how you do.

That being said, just know that such a deficit WILL eat muscle and WILL cause strength loss. I would expect a 20-30% loss on all your numbers if you don't take any maintenance breaks.
>>
>>41174609

Counting calories is a meme. Metabolism and TDEE shifts depending on hormonal levels and how many calories you intake.

Limiting carbs (especially refined carbs and sugars) to minimum and avoiding processed food is the way to go. High fat, high protein diet will keep you satiated.

If you want to up your game, intermittent fasting 16/8.
>>
>>41174609
Well I had 4 of them whole, then the other 4 just egg whites
>>
I´m stalling in my main lifts just after two months of lifting, should i change my program?
>>
>>41174874
what program are you doing?
>>
>>41174884
Reg Park´s beginner routine, the version that is on the sticky
>>
>>41174912
are you eating at surplus? Sleeping properly? Doing much other activity?
>>
>>41173984
What the fuck is a lifting plug?
>>
>>41174972
its like a buttplug but its for bodybuilding. Eleiko, hammer strength etc has their own versions with their own strengths and weaknesses. I personally use eleiko and it has helped with my squats immensely.
>>
I want to do SS, but add glute kickbacks or cable pull throughs at the end. Will I even be building glutes doing this and will it take away from my lifts?
>>
>>41174950
Yep, i'm on a surplus of 500 calories sleeping 8 hours a day, and i don´t do much physical activity besides lifting and mobility work
>>
>>41174987
No fucking way.

What the fuck do you even train by doing that? Seem like it would just shred your ass and make you loose as.
>>
>>41175013
nono you gotta squeeze it in. Havent you ever read that you gotta squeeze your glutes? well thats what they're doing. It makes the squats technically harder but more giving.
>>
>>41174989
you will be building plenty of glute by squatting 3 times a week
>>
I'm running a ppl, but due to medical reasons I'm temporarily ditching the leg workouts. This makes my current routine PPRPPRR.

I really don't like spending two days away from the gym in a row, do you think it would be detrimental to have it be PPRPPR and just loop unevenly?
>>
How do you guys deal with days where you HATE the situation your life is in? Having a rough day today and I think I might have actual depression that props up on occasion, but not sure.
>>
>>41163860
High point of the weekend for me *sighs*
>>
>>41175010
well in that case i still don't think there is a problem with the program. it is early for a stall i guess but just standard stall protocol deload 10% and work back up. If you want to do a different program though go nuts different strokes for different folks.
>>
cant do squatds,deadlifts,leg curls, leg extensions etc thanks to lower back injury what the fuck am I supposed to do ? cant do sprints either cause that will screw my back as well
>>
>>41175152
I guesss i´m gonna deload then, thanks for your time anon
>>
File: 582436_ts.jpg (76KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
582436_ts.jpg
76KB, 1154x1154px
>>41175212
put this between your ass cheeks and squeeze
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>41160513
Had testicular torsion repair last night. doc says can fo anytging for 2 weeks. how can i maintain my strength? on the other hand, can i use this to cut even more?
>>
>>41175517
Make sure youre taking glutamine if you are cutting without doing exercises.
>>
What's better for muscle mass, long controlled reps, or quick burst reps?

Been hearing arguements of fast twitch and slow twitch muscle and I want some /fit/ opinions
>>
>>41171116
Hes 6'8
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.