[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't do one pull up, chin up or dip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: little_kid_squatting.jpg (101KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
little_kid_squatting.jpg
101KB, 960x717px
>tfw can't do one pull up, chin up or dip
>>
File: 1480295959561.jpg (277KB, 324x632px) Image search: [Google]
1480295959561.jpg
277KB, 324x632px
Do negatives.
>>
>>41150658
babies have perfect form because their leverages are so perfect for squatting. look at them tiny legs relative to torso...!
>>
>>41150658
use one of those weight assisted chin up machines

I hadn't done a single pull up until recently and then just decided to give it a shot after a lot of weight loss and rowing, could do 3x8 easily which felt nice. just raising my chin above that bar felt good.
>>
>>41150990
This
In one month I went from barely able to do 2 to doing sets of 5
Now I can do sets of 10.
Do the negatives and accessory lifts
>>
>tfw too embarressed to do negatives at the gym because everyone will judge you for not being able to do a chin up
>>
>>41153002

oh ffs what are you fucking 12?
>>
>>41153002
never gonna make it
>>
File: 1490697395711.png (267KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1490697395711.png
267KB, 600x456px
>>41153002
>>
File: 1491070532777.jpg (85KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
1491070532777.jpg
85KB, 600x539px
>can do 3x10 dips
>can barely do 5 pull ups
wtf is my problem?
>>
>>41150658
Replace pull ups and chin ups with pull downs
Not sure how to replace dips tho
>>
>>41150658
Heavy underhand pulldowns (sets of 6), let the weight stretch your lats at the top

This will tear up your upper back for sure and you'll be doing chins in no time
>>
>be fat 17 year old who didn't realize he was fat
>want to be a Marine all of a sudden
>go to the recruitment office
>show up for a PT session
>all the other guys that are enlisting are there
>they get up to do a pull up set
>5's, 8's, 10's, one dude did the full 20 set
>i get up there
>barely hanging on to the bar
>recruiter waves for a poolee to come up and assist
>grabs me by the legs
>able to pull up a few inches, atleast bending my elbows now
>they call for another poolee to come up
>each have a leg of mine
>me practically flailing trying to get up to do a single rep
>can't remember if I actually did it or not
>woo lad
>realize I'm actually a fat piece of shit
>we go outside to do a 1.5 mile run
>start off strong
>keeping up with the back of the pack at least
>for the first turn
>holy shit, immediately at a walking pace pretty much after that
>recruiter yells at me to pick up the pace
>do a really half assed, but still full complete effort walk/jog for the rest of the course
>they didn't even write my time down 'cause I was so far behind everyone else
>when I finally catch up, they've been doing a punishment exercise at the finish line until I got there
>they make me join in, exhausted

Lost over 100 pounds working out with them, but dropped out of high school while in the program, and they didn't want to take me without even having my GED.

So, basically got a decent fat camp out of it working out with those Marine dudes 2 days a week for like 4 months or so
>>
>>41153609
dips should be easier than pull ups
i can bang out >30 bodyweight dips but only 10 or so chin ups in a set, while rowing more than i bench
>>
>>41153633
pushups you retard
>>
>>41153861
Thank you
>>
>>41151027
This.

Couldn't even do one, lost 25 lbs and did a ton of rows and shit, now can do them easily.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.