[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robert Lustig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: RobertLustig-20121217-046.jpg (304KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RobertLustig-20121217-046.jpg
304KB, 1280x1600px
Can someone give me a rundown on this guy? Redpill me on what he advocates, which is that sugar is the worst thing to happen to nutrition in the last couple of decades.
>>
Read this article by him: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/01/the-sugar-addiction-taboo/282699/

>Sugar/High Fructose Corn Syrup elicits all responses of an addictive substance
>food cannot be classified as addictive as essential to life
>except Fructose is proven to not be necessary
>Therefore table sugar and HFCS should be classified as addictive
>Jews will never allow it
>>
>>41147479
If you want to know about sugar and how piss poor it is for your health. He's your man.

Nigga knows more about it then damn near anyone.
>>
File: 1460051391871.jpg (80KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1460051391871.jpg
80KB, 640x637px
>>41147479
if you want to read more about how sugar will fuck you up check out this >leddit comment https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/52gk27/the_sugar_industry_began_funding_research_that/d7kgga8/?st=j1r8zz89&sh=7b300b1c
>>
>>41147479

Refined sugars are pretty bad but Lustig is a bit of a shill. He's part of a group of people who are trying to use sugar as a scapegoat for everything as if nothing else in nutrition is even worth researching. He's also not nearly as educated as he is confidant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wmidN8rYkU
>>
>>41147479
For once and for all

Do some type of anabolic diet, carb cycling or very low carb with weekly cheats.
Stay away from added sugars, processed, packaged foods and fast food. Sugar is killing your gut microbiome more than anything else.
Make your own bread from whole grain flour and don't cheat with shit foods.
And consume fiber.
Your brain. teeth and gut will thank you.
>>
Robert Lustig is a liar and a charlatan who preys on obese, desperate, gullible morons to make money. He seems to be desperate for fame and attention. His content is full of elementary and obvious factual errors that are easy to spot for anyone familiar with the subject. He appeals to an anti-government conspiratorial mindset popular with Americans. And again, he lies constantly, rather than just being wrong. He has changed his """"lecture"""" many times throughout the years, replacing the most obvious lies and falsehoods after they've become impossible to sustain against criticism, but keeping many others.

Robert Lustig is, of course, himself chubby and out of shape, like most people who promote carbphobia.
Robert Lustig is also Jewish, like every important person who pushes against people to consume carbohydrates, though the meaning of that is for you to decide.
http://www.jweekly.com/2015/01/09/talking-with-a-ucsf-doctor-who-wants-the-u-s-to-curb-its-sugar-addiction/

He embodies everything wrong with the world of nutrition and with America today. Along with other liars like Gary Taubes (also Jewish) he has destroyed public understanding of nutrition to an even extent previously thought impossible.

This guy and his co-religionists are ruining the world in every which way, even in somewhat absurd ways like making people who eat nothing but burgers, KFC and ice cream believe that the reason they're obese is because of carbohydrates (the anti-sugar thing is just a front for carbphobia)
>>
File: therealcostanza.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
therealcostanza.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>41149751
t. Professional Dietician

He doesn't hate 'carbs', he literally only questions the need for fructose in our diet, one specific carb, and specifically the ingestion of it in refined form. He goes out of his way to say how important glucose is, the fact that you don't know this shows you know or comprehend nothing of what he's talking about. Stay pleb.
>>
>>41149841
Unfortunately this is wrong. He pushes the whole anti-carb thing, arguing that insulin from eating carbs makes people fat, and therefore exercise and eating less don't work. All of these people promote the same nonsense in slightly different ways, the totally debunked insulin hypothesis of fat storage and weight gain.
>>
I can't be bothered to read another anti-sugar crusader, so I'll just ask you. What is "sugar" exactly? Surely not all carbs? Is it just refined sugar?
>>
I don't know, but I am pretty convinced that sugar is literally Hitler.
>>
>>41149897
>He pushes the whole anti-carb thing, arguing that insulin from eating carbs makes people fat, and therefore exercise and eating less don't work.

His main contention is specifically about fructose (either in refined sucrose or HFCS form) being addictive and breaking the bodies satiety response. Maybe he dropped something in about carbs and insulin response but I've watched two talks and read several articles by him and don't remember him getting all Gary Taubes. It's clearly not what he's all about and is a mischaracterization, see the article in the second post.
>>
File: pSkHKNd.png (772KB, 599x811px) Image search: [Google]
pSkHKNd.png
772KB, 599x811px
Watched the first 10min. Seems very interesting, I'll watch the whole thing now

Bump
>>
>>41147975
>Sugar/High Fructose Corn Syrup elicits all responses of an addictive substance

I despise this argument.

>Hurr durr sugar is like cocaine 'cause they both cause a dopamine response

That being said:

Try to cook most meals from scratch to avoid added sugar.

If you're going to add sugar: add dextrose not fructose
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.