[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exercising while high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

File: 20170414_131402.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_131402.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Sup /fit?

Anyone enjoy working out high? I've been lifting for about 2 and a half years now and have always enjoyed a nice buzz prior to my workout. It's actually the only time I smoke anymore. Feelsgoodman.jpeg

What are your thoughts? Curious to hear other people's experiences with this and how you have or haven't benefited. Pic related, current buds.
>>
>>41144288
DUDE
>>
It's always hurt my reps and my cardio. I think it only benefits addicts who need it for normal emotional functioning
>>
>>41144288
Stupid when you can perform better when not high. And don't try and say thats wrong.

Fucking stoners
>>
File: sips.jpg (376KB, 496x676px) Image search: [Google]
sips.jpg
376KB, 496x676px
>>41144288
I've had mixed results as far as beating PR but with the presmoke, once you get into your routine, you feel great working out. This applies to both weightlifting and cardio for me although cardio is much harder to start
>>
I really can't stand going outside if I'm high, once I got really high then I wanted to get some hamburgers 1 km away, mid way threw I got this feeling of "IM SO FAR AWAY FROM MY HOUSE YET IM SO FAR AWAY FROM THE STORE, I FEEL TRAPPED" and I got a panic attack, I also remember being in the store bending down to get the wallet I droped and I bumped my head at some ladies body(not sure if i did or thought I did).

Weed is fucking retarded, and it gives you mood disorders.
>>
>>41144432
That may be true for you. I personally don't have any hinderence to my abilties that effect me negatively. When I smoke prior to, it helps me perform better in the sense that it removes me from any mental distractions and allows me to focus my entire self on the use of my muscles. I don't expect it to help me become stronger or to give me a freakish boost in strength..it's all about the mindset it gives me. That's what dictates my output.
>>
>>41144511
Motherfucker I didn't ask about your experiences at the grocery store..

DYEL
>>
>>41144572
We are not all gifted with the ability to be able to smoke shit ton of weed without becoming anxious and paranoid.

I hate weed my nigga, wish I could smoke weed just like any other tattoed up trap nation blowhard.
>>
>>41144435
I agree with the cardio part if it's a bit intense. Helps with the jogging or biking but I wouldn't take a hit before I did sprints.
>>
File: msgh.jpg (29KB, 372x500px) Image search: [Google]
msgh.jpg
29KB, 372x500px
I don't know how people can lift high but it's made for hiking.

>mfw I make it to a nice view with some cheesy psybient music
>>
>>41144665
I'm just saying that I don't function on weed, I become phobic af and just stay inside trying not to have a bad high.

If you can smoke a blunt and then do shit like going to the gym then you're fucking evil. Only a evil person could be so "collective" and "calm".
>>
theoretically its actually good for hypertrophy training

>depresses your CNS forcing you to lift weight less efficiently
>therefore this should cause you to get more hypertrophy (muscle damage) without increasing the weight
>also improves blood flow to the lungs for more TUT in your sets
>helps you feel full contractions better

I actually want to test this out but you know its illegal and stuff
>>
>>41144704
>>41144680

You have a hidden anxiety disorder, anons. You should probably address that. (you probably live in a state where it's illegal or you're still under the stigma that it brings)

I used to smoke pot and freak the fuck out. Then I addressed my problems.

Either that or you're smoking some super potent shit that you should save for when you're a bit more advanced. It's like drinking Bacardi 151 when you're 17 and saying "I don't like alcohol, it just fucks me up, man." Try it after drinking steadily for a few years and you'll drink it like it's nothing.

Now I smoke weed and go out wherever I want. Not that I do all the time, but sometimes I'm high and I want something from the store. I never drive while high because that's fucking stupid, but I'm not afraid to leave my house.

Also, to be on topic, working out while high is the best. You can go longer, go harder, and have more fun doing it. Working out while high is exhilarating as fuck.
>>
>>41144680
Right on..sounds like you would benefit better from a bump of that Devil's dandruff, right up your pooper.
>>
did it once and got trapped in a conversation with a PT, constantly asking myself if he figured out that im stoned

do not recommend
>>
Before to go to the gym, I like to smoke to get a buzz so when I start lifting, I get into the "zone" as I listen to shitty chinese cartoon theme song/corea pop
>>
I smoke before I bike.
Nothing more relaxing than smoking a joint and than going for a long ass bike ride
>>
>>41144393
WEEEEEEEEED
>>
>>41144741
This.

If you aren't comfortable with yourself as a person then weed will make you focus on your insecurities. Fix that shit first and then try again.
>>
>>41144288
What kind of workouts do you do?
>>
>>41144854
>used to be a fat fuck
>start smoking weed
>become super insecure about my weight
>lose like 50 lbs and now I'm on my way to becoming /fit/

It's not all bad.
>>
>>41144288
It dies eventually. Getting high will become a detriment instead of a good preworkout. Unless you're getting high with food.
>>
File: 1486058403121.gif (2MB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
1486058403121.gif
2MB, 342x192px
>>41144774
>>
>>41144872
Anon, people severely underestimate weed's potential to make you lose weight.

I suspect that when mainstream America finally accepts weed as a legal drug they're going to be smoking pot like crazy once they find out potheads are significantly more likely to weigh less than non-smokers.

Hell I'm overweight and I'm using it now to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds in the last 4 months and I've done nothing but lift occasionally and eat whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>41144871
Split routine 5 days a week. Do cardio 3 days a week.
>>
I don't know how you all do it.

I like smoking weed but I just can't stand doing any sort of physical activity when stoned. It makes everything seem so laborious and long.
>>
>>41144741
>>41144854
I used to be a hypochondriac when I was in my late teens and I've associated smoking weed with depression, anxiety and psychosis.

So when I get high It gets so easy to get freaked out thinking shit like "now im high, this is the downfall, now im gonna be depressed from this chemical abuse.... maybe i've activated schizophrenia it's all downhill from here, hello psych meds and mental deterioration and slipping into madness".

That's why I have benzos and booze with me when I get high now, I take all the precautions because freaking out on weed can feel like a near death experience if you're high enough and the after effect of that panic attack tend to linger on after the high.
>>
>>41145026
If you live in a legal state, get some high-CBD weed. Smoke that when you start to freak out. It'll bring you right out of it.

If you're honestly freaking out and don't have that, start working out. At first, the increase in adrenaline makes you freak a little. Once you start to burn that off, though, you'll start to really enjoy yourself. I always used to do a really fucking hard workout before smoking.

Also, I know some guys are all "masturbating doesn't do anything" but if you masturbate regularly, you could end up with more consequences while smoking. I don't jerk off before smoking.
>>
>>41144696
What do you think of Meshuggah's new album?
Into decay is fucking sick
>>
>>41144429
That's pretty narrow minded dontcha think
>>
>>41144432
It used to make me stronger because I felt I had to get the reps up or else I'd be forced to realize that I was an addict rationalizing drug use in a place that doesn't call for its use at all. I really liked weed, so I didn't want to fail.
>>
File: 1492115830938.png (647KB, 649x491px) Image search: [Google]
1492115830938.png
647KB, 649x491px
i have about half a gram at my house i was going to enjoy later tonight. but i was thinking i could take a couple hits before i run the trail next to my house. its about a 5 mile run. any anons think it would be worth it? not getting too high just kinda stoned then going on a good run. thoughts?
>>
>>41144288
post current body pic faggot
>>
>>41144288
When I smoked I always took a hit off my one hitter before the gym I feel like it boosted the effects of my pre work out and helped me push out a few extra reps
I quit smoking now and haven't really noticed any major changes
Just don't get uber baked before the gym and your golden
>>
>>41144764
>talking to a PT
>ever
>>
>>41144288
>dude weed lmao
weed is for niggers
>>
>>41144680
You are living a lie and the herb is gently telling you whats wrong.
>>
>>41144288
tried it, hated it and the one time I did I farted while squatting and everyone gave me the weirdest look but I had my headphones on...
>>
I did it once not liked it much. It changes body perception and I ended up doing fewer feps because it was hard to guess how much power I had left. Smoking afterwards is fine.

I doubt that one can tell at a public gym if you are stoned or exhausted from workout.
>>
>>41145231
What lie might that be? This kind of "hurr maybes its u's, maybe u evil or sum", this kind of retarded logic is why so many people hate weed users.
>>
Why have there been so many threads about weed today

>dude 420 lmao
>>
>>41145143
Makes my runs more enjoyable. I get more in tune with the music and feel more in cadence. Try it and see how it works for you.
>>
File: 1485401847317.gif (698KB, 304x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485401847317.gif
698KB, 304x224px
>>41145341
There's no maybe about it. You're a fuckin' dick.
>>
>>41145386
Pretty sure I'm a better person than you.
>>
>>41144288
I'm a skinny motherfucker, trying to break out of ottermode and into beastmode.

Eating at a surplus fucking kills me.
Weedleedoo helps
>>
>>41145341
You've got anxieties like anyone else and getting 420 blazed destroys the mental wall you've built to keep them at bay. It's pretty common.
>>
>>41145026
>being paranoid about paranoia

funny
>>
>>41144288
Consuming marijuana on a daily basis is degenerate.
>>
Weed for lifting or cardio is ruinous. Huge mistake. However, smoking before yoga and foam rolling is life changing. Your mind to body connection is through the roof.
>>
>>41145427
>You've got anxieties like anyone else and getting 420 blazed destroys the mental wall you've built to keep them at bay. It's pretty common.

I think this is my problem, and tips besides just fix yourself?
>>
>>41145559
give it a rest man

or do psychedelics for a shock therapy
>>
>>41145427
What do you mean by mental wall?
>>
>>41145559
I try to confront my anxieties and think them through, the more I don't want to think about them the better. Like I have an issue with overthinking health problems, I'll get something like a nasty bit of acid reflux and think about how it could be a heart attack, what-if thoughts like that. I know damn well it's just heartburn, but bad heartburn can feel the same as a heart attack, so there's a gap for anxiety to sneak in if you feel me. So I tell myself it is a heart attack, it's gonna kill me, and I'm gonna sit here and let it kill me. This kills the anxiety, kek.
>>41145637
Thought patterns and/or behaviors you've developed to avoid thinking uncomfortable thoughts. Like say if you're in a social situation where you don't know anybody and rather than try starting a conversation with a stranger you take out your phone and fuck around with it instead. That behavior is the wall that keeps you from having to overcome your social phobia.
>>
File: a09.png (33KB, 504x432px) Image search: [Google]
a09.png
33KB, 504x432px
>>41144288
>working out high?
>working
>high
that's a fucking oxymoron bruh
>>
>>41145791
>Thought patterns and/or behaviors you've developed to avoid thinking uncomfortable thoughts. Like say if you're in a social situation where you don't know anybody and rather than try starting a conversation with a stranger you take out your phone and fuck around with it instead. That behavior is the wall that keeps you from having to overcome your social phobia.

I don't really get bothered by me introspective thoughts about my self, I more than likely get creeped out watching tv or something like that (especially adult swim shit), I start to think shit like "omg these people are nihilists", movies seem so fake and you notice how movies are shit and people act so insane and irrational.
>>
>>41145921
Maybe just do something else while high then. There's probably something you could change mentally and get past it but that's a lotta work when you could just listen to music or go for a walk or whatever and not have a problem in the first place.
>>
>>41145791
>Thought patterns and/or behaviors you've developed to avoid thinking uncomfortable thoughts. Like say if you're in a social situation where you don't know anybody and rather than try starting a conversation with a stranger you take out your phone and fuck around with it instead. That behavior is the wall that keeps you from having to overcome your social phobia.

Why should I be obligated to talk to to strnagers? Maybe I just don't ant to talk to them.
>>
>>41144288
>be me 5 years ago
>15, 6'0", 370 lbs
>Literally never have a sober moment-constantly high
>Start working out while high
>lovingthisshit.jpeg
>lose like 50 lbs in 2.5 months
>out of nowhere start having mad cravings for junk food
>little debbies, cookies, sodas, chocolate bars. etc.
>lose nearly all the progress I made during those two months because marijuana
Fast forward a few years
>be me
>be 17, 229 lbs
>stopped smoking
>stopped binge eating
>actually capable of rational, and logical thinking
>making it

Recently, I took a few hits from a blunt and tried to workout; bar slipped from my grip and would have probably crushed my jugular if I hadn't had a spotter, who was sober of course.

Seriously, fuck marijuana and the people who tell you that shit is healthy for you. The only reason people use substances is to escape the reality they created.
But I guess If you can handle yourself and not morph into a complete loser and dumbass then fine, but I've personally never seen it.
>>
>>41144740
for you.
>>
>>41145341
This shit is basic psycho analysis m8. Almost everyone goes trough it too. You've got inner demons. Weed takes away your mental layers of defense, rendering you vulnerable. The only way to beat it is to allow yourself to be vulnerable, face those demons head on. You'll notice the anxiety fades over time and you give less of a shit about trivial things
>>
>>41145559
Ever heard of "facing your fears"? You gotta confront that shit head on. If you're someone with social anxiety for example the only way to fix it is to force yourself into social situations.
>>
>>41144288
tried it once before. it is in no way, shape or form for me.
>>
>>41146159
Do you honestly think people hide behind their phones because they just don't want to talk to people? Absolutely no insecurity at all going on there?
>>
>>41145395
You aren't even the best version of yourself.
>>
>>41145026
careful with mixing benzos and booze my friend
>>
HAHAAAA WEEEED MAAAAAAAAAN

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
>>
>>41144847
LMAAAOO
>>
>>41144919
How do you lose weight on weed unless its just the fat insecurity

When I get high i eat so much ice cream...
>>
>>41146270
I know what you mean, i feel less sharp when I smoke but doing it only occasionally and socially helps.

It's hard but i try eat just fruit when high.

as for dropping the bar, I would never left high without all the safetys set on my power cage familam
>>
>>41145427
one of the side effects is that it makes you unnecessarily paranoid

just because you dont experience it doesn't mean its not a side effect for some people.
>>
>>41144429
> Lel emotional functioning

Its weed not risperidone.
>>
hello fellow stoners

im out of weed, where should i look for that last hit? already scraped out the black shit from my grinder
>>
>>41144741
> not driving while high
I will ONLY drive high. Every other time, my road rage kills my vibe. Cruisin while high is the best thing ever. Second onky to sex or a shower after smokin
>>
>>41145063
I'm seeing them soon with stupid megadeth and my favorite band of all time TesseracT
>>
>>41145063
I break PRs when Dancers To A Discordant System starts playing
>>
File: IMG_1864.jpg (156KB, 725x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1864.jpg
156KB, 725x713px
>All these faggots thinking they are enlightened and a philosophical guru because they inhale a burnt plant
>>
It works great for me. Helps me get in that motivational zone. Most of all it helps me a great deal with mind muscle connection, proper form and posture and what not.
>>
>>41144288
I smoke a few cones before going to the gym, it helps me with social interactions and I'm able to feel contractions better.

Also it helps you lose weight like crazy.
>>
>>41144288
I owe my fitness achievements to weed. When I first started lifting as a skinny fat little fuck I would smoke before so that I would stop paying attention to what others were thinking of me. It also made me concentrate super hard on muscles, performance, and how to actually lift.
>>
>>41149400
Stephen?
>>
>>41144740

Less efficient CNS = less stress on system = less damage = less gains.

How is this even a debate?
>>
Eh, I'm focused as is when working out.

GOAT after excercising tho.
>>
iv gone on sativa wax oil (through a pen) and iv hit the same reos and sets. i go with some friends and its just more fun. indo and some hybrids will put you to sleep and eat more (decent for bulking)
>>
>>41144828
Yeah. Actually I'd need to agree with this. Weight lifting is nogo. Cycling/biking is cosy tho.
>>
sounds like a shit idea. also even as a seasoned veteran I wouldn't trust myself with a heavy set on the bench or DL'ing 1 rep max etc. while high and those are the things that give me most pleasure at the gym.

just do your workout sober, get home, take a shower and smoke.
>>
>>41144288
Smoked weed for 5 years. Loved that shit more than any drug. Made me start working out etc. So I give it that credit at least. Stopped smoking three months ago. Weights sky rocketed. Beard growth kicked in massively. Hooked up with girls in clubs from being a kissless virgin. Now it's obvious to me that weed fucks ur hormonal balance. Specifically Testosterone. If you want gains and gals, quit weed. Trust me.
>>
>>41151014
you're not wrong and weed definitely does hamper performance and recovery but I would choose weed over girls any day. the thing I dislike is that it makes me lazy as fuck. if I have weed I never manage to get a workout in because I just wake and bake and the day is lost.
>>
>>41151014
Weed is really bad for you, people telling you otherwise are stoners rationalizing their addiction.

Sure, I'll accept that smoking once in a while is fine, but for every single smoker I meet its part of their lifestyle/identity
>>
>>41144572
You are mentally challenged if you really think smoking drugs before working out helps you. No.
>>
>>41151095
counterpoint: meth
>>
>Yesterday
>Be 4 20
>Get high with friends
>Be a lazy fatass and don't go workout

Feel shit.
>>
>>41151121
meth is stimulant though and even that hurts your gains, it just makes it harder to get tired. weed is a sedative
>>
>>41151224
BOO THIS MAN
seriously, never let drugs come before shit that's actually good for you.
>>
>>41151260
>weed is a sedative

weed is a hallucinogenic stimulant

something "making you tired" does not mean it is a sedative
>>
weed makes me lazy. wont go to the gym when stoned.
>>
>>41151388
Weed is literally a depressant moron.
>>
>>41151435
Try not smoking indica lel.
I can't sit on my ass after blazing, gotta move.

>>41151435
Then why does my heart rate increase when smoking? You sound like someone who only knows about drugs from DARE PSAs
>>
>>41151435
No, it's not. Why did you type that and hit "post"? Did you think being wrong would magically reverse and you would become right if you wrote something fuckin stupid enough?

I jus tTOLD YOU WHAT IT IS. I JUST TOLD YOU. IT ISN'T AN ARGUMENT.
>>
>>41151477
>>41151484
Stimulant affects due to dopamine fuckery doesn't make it a stimulant. It depresses the central nervous system, so it's a depressant. This is fact.
>>
>>41151121
A lot of people in my home town low dose meth and go to the gym
>>
>>41151388
>>41151435
Weed is neither a stimulant, hallucinogen, nor a depressant. It's a psychoactive drug. The awake or drowsy effect can vary dependant on the strain, but you don't get low as if we're heroin and you don't get jacked up like on meth or old jack3d
>>
>>41151611
As if it were* fuck.
>>
>>41144680
I would get anxious and paranoid when I was at the gym high but I found it very motivating and would help me feel out my form and movement
>>
File: 6666666.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
6666666.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>41151039

I feel ya. What I hated a lot about my smoking habits was that I only saw the bowl as my biggest reward. When I was out with my friends and drinking, all I could think about was when I could get home and take that toke and settle down in my chair and plays video games. Friends leaving my place to go out to the club? Great, I'm not coming, I'm staying home and smoking. Enjoy getting hammered you fools. Now when I'm clean though I feel like it was my reward system that was fucked up. My only reward was weed. There were no reasons to meet girls because weed was my mistress. I already had everything I wanted. An apartment, a job, friends, a great computer & killer bud. But in time I realized that something I had when I was younger had slipped out of my life, clearly because of my addiction. Took a lot of attempts to quit weed, people say you can't be addidcted to it. But I beg to differ as it has an effect on your cannabinoid system. If you smoke hard over a long period of time you stop producing natural cannabinoids because your body gets used to the synthetic ones, being THC-A etc. That's a literal definition of a physical dependency. I envy people who can occasionally smoke, because that's totally fine in my view. But I couldn't balance the green scale, which resulted in 420 being an everyday for me. I threw away three years of my youth by just smoking all day. The time flew by in light speed. The past three months has felt like 8-10 months compared to my smoking days. And I've matured more in these months than I have in three years. Don't throw your life away bro, use your youth to it's fullest. You can smoke as much weed you want when you grow old. That is if you're a chronic user. People who smoke once a week or so is totally fine in my opinion. That's just my two cents though.
>>
>>41151121
Try doing meth evertime you go to the gym and compare your fitness to someone who does not. There faggot
>>
File: 1465533263185.jpg (32KB, 403x388px) Image search: [Google]
1465533263185.jpg
32KB, 403x388px
>>41151611
Bingo.
Weed is kinda hard to classify.
Can be psychadelic as fuck too tho.
>>
>>
I've tried it several times and can't say I like it
I just felt weaker in general and couldnt focus well
Its much more satisfying to DUDE up and relax after a hard workout
>>
>>41146270
>Lifting heavy weights while high with 0 tolerance
Stop blaming the drug fuck head it was your own damn fault
>>
>>41153244
He doesn't use a cash crop legalized in many parts of the world to improve the legacy of his family in a legal manner but would rather be a lemming living in his head.

Sounds like most druggies
>>
>>41153400

>not understanding that until 50-70 years ago cannabis was a cultural norm worldwide and was unspoiled by capitalism
>thinking holier than thou thoughts while puffing cancer

Wew lad
>>
>>41151857
3 years of smoking isn't that heavy, try 10+ years of bong non-stop all day.
>>
>>41144288
I do it all the time.

Smoke, go jogging through the park close by. Get back home, do some weightlifting, rest, smoke some more. Best thing ever.
>>
>>41153963

Maybe not. It was enough for me to figure out I had a problem though. For some it might take longer.
>>
>>41149400
I saw them twice already. They sound incredible live, you won't be disappointed.
Also how do you hear meshuggah and then hear something like tesseract and not feel disgust?
>>41149405
Future breed machine during a squat session will make you jump on the way up
>>
>>41153759
>not understanding that cannabis wasn't widely used until the 60's and is now being shilled so it can replace tobacco as the consumer cash crop
It's like your not even trying
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.