[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was doing incline dumbbell press with some heavy weight. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I was doing incline dumbbell press with some heavy weight. I was trying to maximize range of motion so I attempted to control decent. However, at the top of one of my reps I guess my left shoulder just crapped out and my arm rolled a little back.

I'm pretty flexible and have had no problems with movement before. In fact I'm double jointed in a lot of places (including my shoulder)

But I've had a dull 3-4 pain for a week now in my shoulder and any lifting with my tricep or bicep causes a burning 4-5 pain in the center of either muscle. I've not gone to the gym since and I'm just waiting for recovery but should I be doing anything else?

My roommates brother is a semi pro ball player and he says it's a rotator cuff issue and I should be doing movement exercises to target it, so should I just go to the gym to squat and do muscle therapy while I recover?
>>
>>41143357
incline dumbbell press is a useless exercise for chest you retard. Not only does it not target upper chest like bros like you think it does you can use less weight than on the flat bench so your muscles work less and grow less also using dumbbells means you can use less weight than barbell to your muscels are growing less than with the barbell bench
>>
>>41143357
If you have a fucked up shoulder the last thing you should be doing is squatting with a straight bar, if you have a SSB then fair enough but I doubt it
>>
>>41143398
It's strength training to help my OHP, I've been not doing any incline for a while and my OHP is lagging compared to my other lifts, so on chest week I've been supplementing it.

But using less weight is interesting I'll keep that in mind.

Do you know anything about the injury?
>>
>>41143415
what is SSB
>>
>>41143398

not op, but when you call someone a retard you better make sure you actually use some fucking punctuation first

holy shit I had to read your post 3 times to understand anything
>>
>>41143398
shoo mehdi
>>
>>41143398
New meme?
>>
>>41143398
>weight is the only factor for growth
guess we all should use machines then
>>
>>41143398
poo
>>
>>41144518
no brand of machines go anywhere near heavy enough for growth

even those you load with free weight plates usually have like a max of 225lb per side, which is nothing
>>
>>41143398
shoo shoo
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.