[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to lose 1% body fat QUICK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 61341679.jpg (33KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
61341679.jpg
33KB, 500x486px
Im beyond out of shape, let's just get that out there right off the bat. The last time I was in shape and could actually run, i was 140lbs in the army. I'm now 203lbs and have been out of the army for about 4 years. And im enlisting again. They measured me today at 25% body fat and i cant be over 24% so I have like 2 weeks to get that as low as possible and I have to try running for the first time in 4 years with an extra 60lbs on me... which is not going to be easy. And will be painful.

Any advice guys?
Obviously no more junk foods, no more weed.

Gyms likely not an option, no money.
>>
>>41143070
Couldn't handle life on the outside?
>>
>>41143300
Nope. No work, the people suck, and I need the structure.
>>
>>41143070
What's your daily caloric intake and how old/tall are you?
>>
>>41143403
25% body fat of 203 lbs = 50.75 lbs of fat
Since you, apparently, only need to drop 1% body fat, you simply have to lose 2.03 lbs, for 2 weeks, that's fairly easy, you have to create a net caloric deficit of 7100~ calories in the span of 2 weeks through a combination of exercise and caloric restriction.
>>
>>41143403
I dont count calories but i smoke alot of weed so im sure you can imagine it consists alot of doritos, soda and other disgusting things that will kill me one day. I'm 29 and 5'6 at 203lbs.
I'd be afraid to try and count up the calories i take in, probably lead to suicide.

Kidding.
But on a serious note, typical day for me is 1 meal a day, usually dinner. On days im stoned with cash in hand, throw in some junk food before bed. Enough to have gained about 20lbs in the past 2 or so years.
>>
>>41143451
Would you say, maybe nothing but water and some light jogging, or would I have to go full tilt and just start running? Should I pick up a supplement, just to be safe?

Please note: i got like 20 bucks to my name.
>>
>>41143458
OK, you have to cut out the weed so you don't go on a craving rampage.

At your height, age, and weight, running at a low pace of 5 mph for 30 minutes (2.5 miles) on a level surface will burn 339 calories. If you run every day for 2 weeks, that'll be a net of 4746 calories burned through running alone, the rest you can make up for with caloric restriction.

This is the calculator I used: http://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1350959101

To cut the calories, I'd recommend eating low-calorie food with a fair fiber content (so as to be filling), along with some protein. Since you're on a budget, maybe try canned tuna and broccoli/cauliflower for example. You can pick up supplements like vitamin D, for example, but on a budget like that, I'm not sure if you should. Then again, I don't live in the US, so I don't know expensive generic-brand supplements are.
>>
>>41143458
1.Calculate TDEE
2. Track calories
3. Train for army related exercises
>>
>>41143573
Weeds definitely gone, will have to piss test anyways so it's out for good. Sounding like im really going to have to push. I didnt think losing 2lbs would take that much effort but now I'm seeing im in for a world of hurt.

My initial idea was to just completely cut out any and all snacks, drink about half a gallon of water per day and run run run.

What about like a supplement like c4 for example? But cheaper. I'm going to need the extra boost, 4 years and 60lbs is... alot to push through.

Lucky for me (and unfortunately) i live in a very hill heavy town. Maybe the hills will speed up the process?

Oh man I'm gonna need more time.
>>
>>41143683
Losing weight is an easy process, but it takes time.

Yes, you have to cut all snacks if you want to drop 2 lbs in just 2 weeks.

Honestly, no supplement will help to drop calories fast, supplementation courses take time before coming into effect, you may as well not buy any for now.

Yes, running up hills will nicely increase the amount of calories burned, and honestly you can make it easily, but you'll need dedication.

Cut out all snacks, stick to a very low-calorie with diet with good amounts of fiber and protein (like broccoli and canned tuna as I mentioned earlier, but you should diversify, don't stick to those two foods alone, so as to cover more for sources for vitamins. Also cut dairy out for these two weeks, they're high in calories and fat), and run up hills for at least 30 minutes each day, and you're golden. And don't forget to drink good amounts of water, though I don't have a number for you on this one, maybe 4 litres.
>>
>>41143070
DNP
>>
>>41143811
OK ok thank you. What about pastas? My biggest concern really is energy. I mean, I'm at the point now where a trip up a flight of stairs ends in a short huff and puff. That actually the only reason I bring up supplements because of the energy boost. Like when i used c4, is was like meth.

I do have a bmx bike too, maybe no more car and use that if I have to go anywhere? It's definitely a brutal workout in this town.

I'm definitely dedicated to enlisting again but im not sure my body can keep up like this, especially in such a short time frame. Not trying to be a pessimist but, sometimes you gotta look realistically.

But thank you, im getting started on this tonight. Hopefully my running shoes still fit.
>>
>>41143070
yo bro
>Lose 1%
>Gain 2% ;)
>>
>>41143917
Switch out pasta and bread for canned black beans or canned kidney beans, they're great sources of carbs and protein, and they're dirt cheap.

Yes, you can use the bike for travel around town along with running up hills for at least 30 minutes, you'll burn even more calories and reach your goal easier.

Well, you gotta push yourself despite all that, there's no other way since it seems like you're bent on joining the army again.

You're welcome, bro. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>41143917
Oh, and one last thing: Beans, while great sources of protein, carbs, and fiber, are a bit high in calories (for example, a can of kidney beans has about 250 calories), so don't have more than 2 cans per day, you need to create a big deficit. And track your calories. Remember, the net amount of calories you have to burn over these 2 weeks is at least 7100~.
>>
>>41144052
Maybe this sounds stupid and unrealistic, but not asking is even more stupid. What if I ate very little in general? I mean I already hardly eat (unless I'm stoned of course) and i dont even feel hunger until dinner time. Would it benefit me to just have a can of beans for dinner, then go for my run?
If you cant tell, im at the point of desperation.

When I was landscaping, i had 1 1/2 gallons of water per day, and beef jerry for lunch, and sometimes didnt even eat dinner, and I seemed to have slimmed down quite a bit and felt in shape.

But with a $20 budget, thats like half a bag of beef jerky these days. But I can definitely afford beans and water. And waters free at the tap.
>>
>>41144274
You can have 2 meals a day. Since you're on a very tight budget, stick to canned food (tuna and beans) for these two weeks, and slip in some cruciferous vegetables like broccoli if it's within your spending capability, but don't push it.

Yes, you can have a can of beans as a meal, I used to have one for breakfast a few years ago, just try to eat twice a day (again, if it's within your spending capacity), and time either of your meals before running, you need the energy for it. And make sure to drink 4 litres of water a day.
>>
>>41144586
OK good to hear my desperation isnt leading me to crazy ideas(though I did have a brief period just now where I thought throwing up might be a good idea.) Thank you. Did just find out my old man's work has a gym i may be able to get the keys for too, so that's helpful in case of bad weather or the hills become too much. But i start tonight, no excuses.
All go, no quit. My last chance to get myself out of this hole i dug myself into, i better get it right.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.