[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 49

>Mary edn

How damaging is a 24 hour fast on a cut? I'm talking one day a week. Max.
>>
>>41141415
Not damaging.
>>
I take forfuckingever to recover - up to four days of deep tissue pain after chest day and shit
Am I overtraining? Should I just power through it? It hurts pretty badly so I'm not sure if it's the 'good' kind of DOMS
What can I do for faster recovery?
>>
>>41141849
Are you on creatine? It helps with recovery, at least for me
>>
>>41141415

I've been doing a M & W fast and IF on most other days (cheat sometimes on weekends). So far working like a charm.
>>
>>41141849

Pin test
>>
>>41141890
I was, didn't help tho - not progressing as fast as I want to either, so I'm not sure if I'm over- or undertraining or whatever
>>
>>41141998
You might be over training, how many reps do you do in a set?
>>
>>41142017
3x10 for most stuff, usually follow my lifts/dumbell work up with some lighter weight machine work - but I do tend to push myself as much as I can
>>
What's that sickness/genetic defect called where you have extremely long limbs among other things?
>>
File: IMG_0247.gif (87KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0247.gif
87KB, 192x197px
>>41141415
Help my arms won't straighten
>>
One of our "coaches" told me today low-bar squatting is bad for the knees, i should rather highbar squat. ???
>>
>>41141849
Get/make yourself an earthing mat

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

Pain reduction from sleeping grounded has been documented in previous studies [10, 13]. This pilot study looked for blood markers that might differentiate between grounded and ungrounded subjects who completed a single session of intense, eccentric exercise resulting in delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) of the gastrocnemius [21]. If markers were able to differentiate these groups, future studies could be done in greater detail with a larger subject base. DOMS is a common complaint in the fitness and athletic world following excessive physical activity and involves acute inflammation in overtaxed muscles. It develops in 14 to 48 hours and persists for more than 96 hours [22]. No known treatment reduces the recovery period, but apparently massage and hydrotherapy [23–25] and acupuncture [26] can reduce pain.

Eight healthy men ages 20–23 were put through a similar routine of toe raises while carrying on their shoulders a barbell equal to one-third of their body weight. Each participant was exercised individually on a Monday morning and then monitored for the rest of the week while following a similar eating, sleeping, and living schedule in a hotel. The group was randomly divided in half and either grounded or sham grounded with the use of a conductive patch placed at the sole of each foot during active hours and a conductive sheet at night. Complete blood counts, blood chemistry, enzyme chemistry, serum and saliva cortisol, magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy, and pain levels (a total of 48 parameters) were taken at the same time of day before the eccentric exercise and at 24, 48, and 72 hours afterwards. Parameters consistently differing by 10 percent or more, normalized to baseline, were considered worthy of further study.

(1/2)
>>
File: JEPH2012-291541.003.jpg (53KB, 600x291px) Image search: [Google]
JEPH2012-291541.003.jpg
53KB, 600x291px
>>41141849
>>41142309
Parameters that differed by these criteria included white blood cell counts, bilirubin, creatine kinase, phosphocreatine/inorganic phosphate ratios, glycerolphosphorylcholine, phosphorylcholine, the visual analogue pain scale, and pressure measurements on the right gastrocnemius.

The results showed that grounding the body to the Earth alters measures of immune system activity and pain. Among the ungrounded men, for instance, there was an expected, sharp increase in white blood cells at the stage when DOMS is known to reach its peak and greater perception of pain (see Figure 3). This effect demonstrates a typical inflammatory response. In comparison, the grounded men had only a slight decrease in white blood cells, indicating scant inflammation, and, for the first time ever observed, a shorter recovery time. Brown later commented that there were “significant differences” in the pain these men reported [12].

Figure 3 (pic related)
Delayed onset muscle soreness and grounding. Consistent with all measurements, ungrounded subjects expressed the perception of greater pain. Related to the pain finding was evidence of a muted white blood cell response indicating that a grounded body experiences less inflammation.

(2/2)
>>
>>41141849
Also, it sounds like you're either overtraining or have wildly bad form. Let's narrow it down. How often do you lift?
>>
>>41142309
>>41142319

hahahahaha what the fuck
>>
>>41142309
Dr Sircus is a big fan I think theyre called biomats but they actually have had pretty positive studies done. Thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>41142622
Osteoporosis too.

2.4.5. Reduction of Primary Indicators of Osteoporosis, Improvement of Glucose Regulation, and Immune Response
K. Sokal and P. Sokal, cardiologist and neurosurgeon father and son on the medical staff of a military clinic in Poland, conducted a series of experiments to determine whether contact with the Earth via a copper conductor can affect physiological processes [11]. Their investigations were prompted by the question as to whether the natural electric charge on the surface of the Earth influences the regulation of human physiological processes.

Double-blind experiments were conducted on groups ranging from 12 to 84 subjects who followed similar physical activity, diet, and fluid intake during the trial periods. Grounding was achieved with a copper plate (30?mm?×?80?mm) placed on the lower part of the leg, attached with a strip so that it would not come off during the night. The plate was connected by a conductive wire to a larger plate (60?mm?×?250?mm) placed in contact with the Earth outside.

In one experiment with nonmedicated subjects, grounding during a single night of sleep resulted in statistically significant changes in concentrations of minerals and electrolytes in the blood serum: iron, ionized calcium, inorganic phosphorus, sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Renal excretion of both calcium and phosphorus was reduced significantly. The observed reductions in blood and urinary calcium and phosphorus directly relate to osteoporosis. The results suggest that Earthing for a single night reduces primary indicators of osteoporosis.

Earthing continually during rest and physical activity over a 72-hour period decreased fasting glucose among patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Patients had been well controlled with glibenclamide, an antidiabetic drug, for about 6 months, but at the time of study had unsatisfactory glycemic control despite dietary and exercise advice and glibenclamide doses of 10?mg/day.

(1/2)
>>
>>41142622
>>41142792
K. Sokal and P. Sokal drew blood samples from 6 male and 6 female adults with no history of thyroid disease. A single night of grounding produced a significant decrease of free tri-iodothyronine and an increase of free thyroxin and thyroid-stimulating hormone. The meaning of these results is unclear but suggests an earthing influence on hepatic, hypothalamus, and pituitary relationships with thyroid function. Ober et al. [12] have observed that many individuals on thyroid medication reported symptoms of hyperthyroid, such as heart palpitations, after starting grounding. Such symptoms typically vanish after medication is adjusted downward under medical supervision. Through a series of feedback regulations, thyroid hormones affect almost every physiological process in the body, including growth and development, metabolism, body temperature, and heart rate. Clearly, further study of earthing effects on thyroid function is needed.

In another experiment, the effect of grounding on the classic immune response following vaccination was examined. Earthing accelerated the immune response, as demonstrated by increases in gamma globulin concentration. This result confirms an association between earthing and the immune response, as was suggested in the DOMS study [21].

K. Sokal and P. Sokal conclude that earthing the human body influences human physiological processes, including increasing the activity of catabolic processes and may be “the primary factor regulating endocrine and nervous systems.”

(2/2)
>>41142672
Never heard of him but I'll check him out. They are also called earthing mats or grounding mats.
>>
I'm cutting pretty aggressively and I've lost an awful lot of weight over the past week and a half. I'm talking 7-8 pounds, NOT including water weight.

I don't feel particularly hungry, just a bit fatigued when I do my cardio. I'm wondering how damaging this could be in the long term. I don't want to force myself to eat if I don't have to.
>>
>>41142792
>>41142805

>G. Chevalier, S. T. Sinatra, and J. L. Oschman are independent contractors for Earthx L. Inc., the company sponsoring earthing research, and own a small percentage of shares in the company.
>>
File: 1404672935042.png (183KB, 602x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404672935042.png
183KB, 602x720px
>>41142835
I knew someone would try disprove the science on the grounds of conflict of interest, that's why I posted the conclusions found by independent, military doctors. I'm not gonna drag your kicking and screaming into a better way of life. :^)
>>
>>41142875
>literal shilling
>science

pick one
>>
File: 1491033967517.jpg (100KB, 784x757px) Image search: [Google]
1491033967517.jpg
100KB, 784x757px
>>41142894
These two things are true: you can't rape the willing and it isn't shilling if it's true.
>>
File: IMG_20170420_192110820.jpg (4MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170420_192110820.jpg
4MB, 2592x4608px
1,93m 86kg
DL 100kg x 10
Squat 93kg x 5
Bench 67kg x 4
OHP 46kg x 5
4 months in on GSLP, added dips, pull-ups, curls, bbrows, leg raises & leddits gripping strength.
Running 3times/week (4-5km)
Cutting slow at 2k kcal with some cheating.

Should I keep cutting, maintain or bulk for that sweet summer flab?
Am I going to make it?
>>
My gym doesn't have a rack and I don't have anyone to spot me. Should I still be bench pressing if I can't do them to failure? Or just keep to dumbbell presses?
>>
Anyone have suggestions on routines for lifting with biking? I have been thinking of going from 4 to 3 days a week by cutting out squats and biking more instead and maybe some light Olympic lifts. Never liked my form on squats. Intermediate level lifter on 5/3/1 BBB and commute by bike to work most days.
>>
File: huh.jpg (16KB, 550x421px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
16KB, 550x421px
dumbbell ohp or barbell ohp for maximum gains?
>>
>>41141849
What's your diet like and how long do you train for on a particular muscle group?

Don't tell me you're a bench bro who who lifts for 2 hours and eats jack shit cause you're trying to cut.
>>
File: 1489850157189.jpg (608KB, 1600x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1489850157189.jpg
608KB, 1600x1008px
There's a sound my left shoulder makes when I roll/raise and lower it, makes me worried whenever I do shoulders. I'm new to lifting but I'm pretty sure its done that since before I ever picked up weights.
What gives guys?
>>
>>41143442
Forgot to mention its kinda like a popping sound, maybe like two bones bumping into each other
>>
File: IMG_0538.jpg (356KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
356KB, 1280x1280px
Doing front squats for the first time today. I'm supposed to do 2x5@265, what's a good way to ease into it?
>>
>>41143497
>265
>First time doing front squat

Rest in pepporini
>>
DIY ice baths?

any tips? Never done, got super bad doms and trying to relax

it's 4/20 so I wouldn't mind smoking a blunt while I'm there.
>>
>>41143519
I can back squat 335 for reps, my 1RM is 380

I'm asking how to get into front squatting? I watched some form videos on YouTube. It's not that I don't have the muscle to do the weight, it's the movement is new to me
>>
>>41143577
the form is very similar to a high bar back squat, you're just holding the weight in front of you. also forget that cross grip bullshit, just get the bar in the oly rack position.
>>
>>41143598
Okay that's what I figured. Probably going to start with bar>1pl8>2pl8 for warmup to get a feel for it
>>
>>41143466
>>41143442
Adhesion.

You have a really bad buildup. Stretching and mobility work and it should go away. Also try to roll out your chest With a tennis ball. Find any trigger points (places where it hurts like hell) with the ball and press on it for about 30 seconds.
>>
>>41143542
just shower at the coldest setting for a minute or so, remember to focus on relaxing your muscles while youre under the water.
>>
>>41143613
yea, it sounds like youre good. maybe stretch out your ankles beforehand.
>>
>>41143635
Thanks. I work out at a PL gym so I can always ask for pointers there too on form
>>
do girls get manlier face and get smaller boobs when they lift to their natty limit?
>>
Cant gym due to work for 3 weeks total. 1 week in and i'm going crazy. How to cope? At least my shoulders are feeling better
>>
>>41143675
they get more muscly, many people think that muscles make them look more manly, and for face, it'll get more gaunt at lower bf %'s. to a small extend as well, boobs will get smaller, and look strange on a super lean body, but i dont think for most it's that significant.
>>
>>41143682
do bodyweight stuff in downtime at home? idk
>>
File: skill drain.jpg (34KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
skill drain.jpg
34KB, 275x275px
Worked out for the first time, is it normal for my arms to feel really weak? No pain, just useless.
>>
>>41143758
yea, thats pretty common. strength comes with hard work, don't let anybody tell you differently.
>>
>>41143758
Yes definitely. If you're doing bodyweight exercises, make sure to do beginner versions. Like pushups with only your hands and knees on the ground rather than hands and toes. Every workout has a beginner version. Don't be too proud to meet the workout at your skill level. You'll make it if you're not.
>>
>>41142948
Bump
>>
>>41142948
you have no muscle to cut down to. Also:
https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
>>41143933
>>41142948
i'd suggest that you bulk until you really start to plateau or are significantly stronger, then cut. you need to focus on chest, and OHP, both of those seem to be lagging. stick to your routine, but do those at the beginning of your workout and go hard.
>>
>>41143962
Dream is no more, getting built...
>>
>>41142319
>>41142309
I hope you plug your mat into the wrong hole
>>
File: 1485476145340.png (73KB, 389x332px) Image search: [Google]
1485476145340.png
73KB, 389x332px
>>41143962
his eyes are so big desu
>>
For the past few weeks I've been doing my usual whole body dumbbell routine late in the evening and much faster then usual.
Instead of going for 12 reps in each of the three sets I go for 6 reps and I halved the length of the breaks between sets.

I've been having DOMS and usual tiredness, I also sweat like crazy and my heart beats fast during the workout so I guess I'm doing it right.

This is kind of working for me desu as I'm kind of busy.

What do you think about making this permanent? Instead of focusing on the increase in weights I could focus on shortening the breaks even more. Would it count as cardio then? Would my muscle gainz hurt because of that?
>>
>>41144002
>>
That is, if you have trouble building ... wait a minute ... you have a bottom and top body said. Got a problem to develop before body, and no legs. When you do not go ... on the basis of its mass, is the upper body, it is easy to create. So, if you are low and melutampum, it is easier for the body to build. If you level with legs, the bottom of the building there is a problem ... I do not understand. If you're good, but you have less body problem down the stairs of the building. If demand for lower prices, it is easy to build, it will not be too much trouble. Yes?
>>
Alright guys big question
I had TERRIBLE pain in my hip grove in the front when I squat.
It's reduced my squat down to 135, and I can barely do that.
Just 2 weeks ago I was squatting 205 for a few sets.
I'm tall, and have a slightly wide stance. The manager at my gym suggests bringing in my stance, which helps, but also hurts my knees and I feel like I have a lot less power.

Any other suggestions? Should I work on strengthening my ass? Also how the fuck do you stretch that area?
>>
fasting raises your growht hormone levels???? what the fuck?? is there any scientific analysis to htis?
>>
File: gay.png (601KB, 643x1034px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
601KB, 643x1034px
Recovering fat cunt here ((forgive me /fit/) - all of my joints are absolutely child-like weak and I'm having trouble doing any bodyweight exercises at all, especially pushups because my shoulders just won't have it. I've been doing 'cheat' pushups with my knees on the ground and only lowering myself very slightly while keeping my elbows in, will this help my arms and shoulders if I keep it up every day? It definitely feels like it's working them. Is there a standard bw routine for fatties that can be done in a small space?
>>
> Get off today
> Greater weight, which pulled in a year is difficult, but not impossible, difficult
> I keep stopping in half set to reset the jack (using the fat bar, normal bar points)
> During the last game, you notice tingling in the lower back of the menu after you reset the socket
> Stay afraid like hell and stop
I wear a belt at the moment, what the hell happened? I was not sure if I was killing my muscles or hurting me
>>
Personal trainers
How much do they make, and what cets do you need to be one?
It's the only real job I can think of where being fit helps
>>
>>41144271
Sounds like a stroke, you goddamned phoneposter.
>>
>>41144336
no phone
>>
>>41144218
Plz halp /fit
>>
>>41144245
Lose the weight first, body weight routines will be very hard to do when you weigh 700 pounds, so lose the weight first.
>>
>>41144218
Don't stretch an area. Let it heal. If your injured the muscles your use for squating, while squatting, perhaps its time to lower the weight and further perfect your form. High weight only compounds the danger of inadequate form.
>>
I got a girl pregnant who I never want to see again. She doesn't believe in abortion and is beyond excited to be having a baby. She's one month in.

What do I do?

Not gonna marry her. Kinda just wanna quit my job and go teach English in Korea for the rest of my life
>>
>>41144455
lmao you're fucked
>>
>>41144455
find out about misoprostol or something like that and slip it in her drink, its fairly safe aand will force abortion.

but if you already wanted to go to korea then go and never return, its kinda hard to get child support from someone in another country
>>
>>41144391
Thanks
Guess I'm gunna be that retard squatting half the weight I bench for the next month or so.
>>
>>41144455

african-american gentleman detected
>>
>>41144483
This. Get the fuck out of N. America.
>>
>>41144455
Why no rubber?
>>
>>41142147
Marfan syndrome?
>>
>>41144492
Nah, white
She's a young Instagram addicted moron who's been in therapy for years but is pretty
>>41144516
Cause I'm not gay
>>41144503
I think leaving the continent is my best bet. I would prefer Russia as a living place but whatever.. Beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>41144544

it's the brown in your heart that counts
>>
Are pictures loading slowly for everyone else too?
>>
>>41143985
So a bulk of around 200-300 kcal and just keep on grinding to put those numbers up there?

I think this cut started as a desperate attempt to get "beach ready", lolswedennobeach10Cinaugust.
>>
Low bar vs high bar
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 640x1136px
Guys be cereal here with me for a sec.

>is Keto a meme???

This is my current intake for the day and I feel like complete shit.
>>
>>41144938
I think you are supposed to feel like shit as your body switches from glycogen to keytones.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 846x1024px
>>41144970
Ugh, how long tho senpai
>>
>>41144938
Keto is a meme, but not the worst meme ever
That being said if it's what you want to do you have to give your matabolism time to adjust
You can't expect to switch from burning cards to burning fat without feeling shitty for a week or so
>>
File: 1297amstocqy.jpg (65KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1297amstocqy.jpg
65KB, 750x750px
>>41144938
currently in keto, have been for ~1.5 months. Lost 16 lbs so far. 205lbs -> 189 lbs
lookin' real joocy
>not a meme
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 600x484px
>>41144990
I don't think I can start this right now then. The mental fatigue and foggyness is no Bueno during finals week. Maybe I'll try again after uni this summer.
>>
I'm on my way to the gym right now (I walk) and I need to shit real bad. What exercises can I do to increase anus strength?
>>
I'm on a cut, went from 190lbs to 169, but still sitting around 15~% bf. I want to start doing german volume training soon, and since i'll go on a calorie surplus once I start, I'm wondering if I should postpone it until I'm at least 12 %bf. What do you guys think?
>>
I think I got a patellar tendinitis from various leg exercises. What should I do next? Should I follow this guide: http://www.fix-knee-pain.com/patellar-tendonitis-knee-tendonitis/, or go see doctor again?

I've gone to see my doctor before, he just tells me to rest. This is my second time I've experienced this after doing leg exercises like squatting, deadlifting, front squat, and leg press. I was pushing 300lbs 4x5 squat before I experience this pain. I usually work on my legs every other day? Is that too much?
>>
>>41144455
lol I genuinely feel dread just reading about this, if it happened to me I don't know what I would do
>>
>>41142327
three to four times a week on average; usually chest->rest->legs->rest->back->rest etc.
>>41143088
Diet is based on Scooby's calorie calculator for maintenance
>>
File: IMG_20170420_175200_01_01.jpg (801KB, 1607x2647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170420_175200_01_01.jpg
801KB, 1607x2647px
What body fat % is this
>>
>>41144608
The easiest way to see if its your internet or the website is to load google (to verify if your internet is even working properly) and then a youtube video (to see how close normal the speed is).
>>
File: My macros.png (51KB, 759x317px) Image search: [Google]
My macros.png
51KB, 759x317px
>>41144938
>Not a meme
Depending on how much carbs you were eating before and how much of a habit it was for you to eat them it an be easy or difficult to get from high/medium-carb to low carb. The first time was too difficult for me and I gave up. Been keto for a couple times this time and it was ezpz. Pic related are todays intake and I feel pretty good. Ate some chocolate yesterday and got a headache, felt anxious, and less relaxed.

BTW, are you cutting? Protip: when you finally hit ketosis, which for me was signaled by a sweet artificial sweetener-like taste in my mouth, your appetite will go up for 3-7 days so give up on cutting during that period and just eat to satiety. You appetite will go back down and then you can go back to business as usual. Trust me, this will reduce transition suffering immensely, if you get that far.

Keto has hella benefits: benefits to muscle gain and athletic performance, brain/mood, energy efficiency, diseases like alzheimers, weight loss, and positive benefits to atherosclerosis prevention and utilization of cholesterol. I've made a LCHF playlist if you wanna check it out. The first 6 vids are 5 minutes each and concise and illustrative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKP9qzIt0s&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj&index=1

>>41145039
That's probably for the best.

>>41145756
>Calculating maintence via internet calculator.
wew. The next time you cut, keep track of how many lbs you lose a week and then multiply that by 3500 and divide by 7. Do that for a couple weeks to account for water weight. Average it out for find your actual maintainence. For example if I lose a lb a week at 1500kcal a day, then my actual maintenance is about 2000kcal, with a margin of error depending on the accuracy of my scale.
>>
>>41143034
doesnt matter
>>
>>41144320
Im a personal trainer in West Des Moines IA, and i make ~50k a year with about 35-50 hours a week. Certified through ACE
>>
File: A1MyBlN3cBL._SL1500_.jpg (584KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
A1MyBlN3cBL._SL1500_.jpg
584KB, 1500x1500px
What kind of floor protection do I need to avoid damaging my apartment when I drop a barbell?

It's a first floor apartment and the area I'll be using has linoleum flooring (probably with concrete underneath).

Will something like this be good enough:

https://www.amazon.com/Interlocking-Exercise-Protective-Flooring-Equipment/dp/B06XJCTG6N/ref=sr_1_8?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1492483656&sr=1-8
>>
I haven't lifted in 6 days. How much muscle mass have I lost and is it normal to feel high levels of anxiety about going back today?

>hold me
>i'm scared

what if they laugh at me /fit/?
>>
>>41146358
i stacked 2 of those and dropped a 255lb load from deadlift height 3x5 times, the floor was undamaged.
>>
Skinnyfat here. Cut or bulk first?
>>
File: 1492648358214.jpg (14KB, 325x305px) Image search: [Google]
1492648358214.jpg
14KB, 325x305px
>>41143088
Not the guy you was replying to but that's basically me. Except I train full body 3 times a week. Benching for 2 hours kek. Not over trained tho cause my diet is on point and I get 10 hours of sleep a night.
>>
>>41146426
Cut/maintenance, unless you want to look like a fatass.
>>
What would be the 1/2/3/4 equivalent for women?
>inb4 dont be pussy just aim for 1/2/3/4
1pl8 OHP is considered elite for women under 75kg which would be most nonfat women of average height or lower.
>>
File: 1490173693966.jpg (6KB, 289x257px) Image search: [Google]
1490173693966.jpg
6KB, 289x257px
Hello fit, Newfag here.

I want to better my sorry ass.

Should I focus on building or burning if I am 195 pounds with little muscle?

I assume burning. If so, would fasting be a good way to lose the weight quickly since I don't have that much muscle to begin with?
>>
are darebee meal plans a good start?
>>
Tomorrow I'm going to be fasting for 24hours. Any tips I should keep in mind to avoid wanting to eat?
>>
How do I stop being a jawlet?
>>
HOW THE FUCK do i deal with exercise induced insomnia ? no really every time i workout or go for a run im up until the early hours of the morning like now unable to sleep if i dont work out for a few days i start sleeping fine
>>
>>41146233
Holy shit, you make more than me and I'm an accountant in MN (not tax) its over, I'm getting certified and quitting.
Do you run your own practice, work for a gym?
How much time do you spend getting customers?
Does fatties giving up ever bother you?
>>
>>41147162
Burn with 500-1000 calorie deficit until youre at a healthy weight. Then bulk
>>
>>41147998
Not him, but literally in the same boat/at the same weight. Thanks a ton.
>>
>>41141849
what is your split?
>>
What do you do when someone takes a picture of you in the gym? There was a flash and everything. I just left because I was so creeped out
>>
>>41142825
you're eating muscle cutting that quick.
>>
I'm so fucking hungry but to feel full is to waaay overindulge

When I inevitably snap and go on a cannibalistic murder spree, where is best place to hide from the law?

>>41142159
Give it time
>>
i just consumed 150g of sugar and alot of carbs in a few hours. if i go do 2hrs of cardio I wont lose any gains and it will have no effect right?
>>
>>41148080
Yeah, your pancreas is fine, m8
>>
>>41141415
I have a question about cardio. I fucking hate running unless I have a partner. Walking is OK, but I'd rather not. Honestly, can I just dance hard for 45 mins?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170420-195503.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170420-195503.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Other than barely any weight, and not being low enough, are there any glaring problems with my squat?
>>
>>41148481
The height of a half rep is the only glaring problem I see, though your upper back could be tighter with a straighter wrist angle.
>>
Are protein powders for people who just don't precooked or want to save money?

Because I can't really imagine drinking a protein shake rather than actually eating something, especially while I'm cutting. Anything that keeps my mouth busy and sits on my belly for a while is good.liquids are unsatisfying. And if I'm bulking, i can eat all the protein I need pretty easily.
>>
>>41148388
No get running fatty
>>
Anyone ever lose balance on ohp and drop the weight behind you? I did this today and it was fucking loud
>>
I've been doing this workout for the past year
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

>Squats
>Bench Presses
>Bent-Over Rows
>Overhead Barbell Presses
>Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
>Barbell Curls
>Calf Raises
>pushups
>situps
>bicycle cardio

I've been doing this for roughly a year and I'm not happy with the results.
Mind you I did fuck up my bulk by not eating enough.
Right now I'm cutting to 180.
Currently 6'0'', 200ish lbs
Should I start a different routine or keep doing this routine post-cut?
>>
I just had my first 5G of unflavored BCAAs dissolved in a little bit of water and chugged down with one gulp.

While it did a great job of killing my hunger pang, I think the disgusting taste had more to do with that than anything else.
>>
Can I make noob gains in muscles that I've neglected while cutting?

I've been lifting for a little over two years. While the underside of my forearms are great, I've never isolated the top of my forearms and I think my physique could benefit from some more size in these muscles.

My only concern is that I'm currently cutting with a 5-600 calorie deficit, so I'm worried that I'm wasting my time. Should I just wait till I'm bulking or can I still increase their size while cutting?
>>
>>41148539
They work for me. I'm 6'3 195lbs and lean bulking. I work 50+ hours a week, and go to school. It's not hard to eat real food and get my protein in, it is tough to find the time to cook/do dishes a lot.
>>
Probably a dumb question but if I eat trash and do extra cardio to compensate how do I know ive done enough to burn it off?
>>
File: CgaVDSOVAAAtmqX.jpg (59KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
CgaVDSOVAAAtmqX.jpg
59KB, 600x804px
how do i into dekumode?
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW MY LEAN BODY MASS/BODY FAT PERCENTAGE WITHOUT POSTING A PIC OR GOINGTO A EGG POD OR DEXA SCAN

PLEASE HELP, seriously I've been delaying a gym membership for 6 months because of this shit. I'm 6'1, 120 lbs but it looks like I have a belly and love handles
>>
>>41149028
http://www.gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html
>>
Fat-soluble vitamins allowed to be stored in the fridge?
>>
Anyone have any advice for someone with a bulged disc?
Has anyone recovered from it to get back to working out?
>>
I took fiber pills (~25% of daily fiber) and lost ~9 lbs overnight. It's stayed off for over a week. WTF is going on?
>>
Was 275 lbs
Now 182lbs post shit right after eating a stromboli
6'2
Was pulling 275 do, and 2pl8 squat before lower back injury
Do I keep cutting? Or is it finally time to throw down on a meat buffet and bulk up some since noob gains have finally wore off?
>>
>>41149283
Check your scale with some verified weights at both low and high numbers.
Scales can be off wildly
>>
>>41149271
From my understanding you can actually workout and heal it by boosting the ability of the body to break it down and reabsorb it if it's only bulged.

You will forever have a fragile back you that you need to baby some. Could be a small spinal misalignment etc causing it. You can still squat and do once it's healed but i would never go ham on it.
>>
>>41141415

Why does Sarah Bolger give me such a bulger?
>>
is there a strength oriented beginner program that lets you train 5-6 days a week?
i love lifting weights and want to lift everyday if possible
>>
PSMF would be a bad idea considering I train 6 days a week at high volume?
>>
>>41149408
Hell yes.
You're not going to have the fucking energy to do that shit.

You know what. Try it. I can garauntee you'll bonk hard as fuck in 4 days.

>>41149359
Do a bro split.
>>
Does anyone have the pastebin and links for the DNP generals?
>>
>>41146426
Are you trying to take your shirt off at all this summer? If so, bulk. It's better to be strong(ish)fat than a spooky skeleton. otherwise, cut or recomp until your reach your goal bodyfat or fall (September 23rd is the rapture) then bulk.
>>
>>41148030
Are you hot? Coulda reported them to the front desk if you were uncomfortable. They would confront them on your behalf and tell them to not do that and perhaps delete it.
>>
>>41148997
be fictional. and be a butterbody.
>>
>>41149271
I have a herniated Disk in my L5, i just started lifting again after like 5 years, hurt alot at first, i started squats super light and work on lifting without a belt to make sure that all the muscles in my back were being stimulated, also i never deadlifted in my life, and i started and it seems to actually help quite a bit.
>>
>>41149159
That's the best place for them.

>>41149271
Back bridges are goat for whatever back stuff ails you. Do them like pushups, not like mere static stretches. Take it slow.
>>
When squatting, I have a habit of pulling the bar down hard against my back as I push up with my legs. Do other people do that? Is it good/bad?
>>
>>41149475
So looking into it and here's what I found
http://www.doctorssupplementstore.com/properly-storing-supplements/
>Omega-3 fats like fish oil should be stored in the refrigerator.
>All fat-soluble supplements like vitamin A should be stored in a cool, dark and dry environment.
I'm not so sure about a bottle of Vitamin E, specifically.
>>
>>41149531
Fridges are cool and dark. Should be reasonably dry too.
>>
>>41142287
It's literally the exact opposite.
>>
>>41145327
please respond
>>
>>41141415
Recently entered a small wager with a handful of friends. We've all taken progress pics, and we're seeing who can get the best physique improvement in 3 months. All of us are still somewhere in beginner territory, however a few of us (including me) are ex lifters who are using this as a way to get back into the hobby.

My strategy is a slow bulk, since I'm skinnyfat. My plan is to get builtfat, and maybe even work in a very short cut at the end. Doing ICF 5x5 for now, since I figure the person with the most muscle will probably win, and it seemed the best option for that.

What would you guys recommend I focus on? Which muscles can grow relatively fast (3 months) and put me on the path to bearmode?

I was thinking of focusing on traps and forearms, since they're both pretty visible, and I think they add quite a bit to a physique. What do you guys recommend?

>I really wanna fkn win this for bragging rights
>>
File: 1490473614831.jpg (19KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490473614831.jpg
19KB, 296x200px
I'm doing SL 5x5 while on a cut and I'm plateuing in squats with 2pl8. I had a 3pl8 squat before but I go injured. Recently back.

Should I change routine now, or wait until the cut is over and start adding weight again? My aim is strength gains or at least not losing my former strength.
>>
Completely non fitness related, I'm drunk and high right now. my ex has been talking some bullshit and I wrote a text telling her shes wrong. Should I just delete it and look the other way or send that shit?
>>
>>41149741
delete and look the other way, who gives a shit about ex's my man
>>
>>41149782
I normally don't but she is saying this shit to people I am close to and I'd prefer to get her to knock it the fuck off instead of hvin to explain the real situation to everyone who asks.
>>
>>41149711
This is eerily similar to where I am, except I squat 20lbs less. I skip back squats and do front squats with lower weight instead, increasing weight there. I might actually go over to front squatting exclusively, I like it so much better.
Change the routine when you're done cutting.
>>
>>41149741
>>41149782
yes. delete it, anon
>>
Alright /fit/, time for a serious discussion. I think that we have a classic eating disorder on out hands.
What does >>41142948 think that he`ll look like after losing weight? He needs to put more meat on his bones, eat motherfucker eat. But eat clean.
>>
>>41148030
What happened anon? And you could likely talk to the gym about it; they tend to take a dim view of that.
>>
>>41146065
FUck if I know. What are your height, weight and lifts for bench and squat?
>>
>>41149028
Consider bodyfat calipers. Cheap and you can use a "3 point skinfold test" to find it out easily. Failing that, use the navy calcultor.
>>
>>41149741
Copy the text to a notepad app, and then delete it. Shit like that is a bad idea. Shit like that is an absurdly apocalypticly bad idea when drunk or high. Shit like that is even worse when drunk AND high.
>>
>>41150151
post it here
>>
>>41149822
if she's talking behind your back, throwing a tantrum at her wont do anything except provividing a temporary relief, and will make things even worse afterwards
deep down you know it too

that said
>>41150327
this pls
>>
>>41142147
Iono but I think I have it in my dick
>>
I think about all the people who dream of eternal youth and then say to myself, hey we may not have that but i have a way to look better at and be healthier at my 30 years old than many people will be in their entire lives.
That's not nearly as good, but close enough.

Am i the only one to get truly euphoric and fedora tipping at this thought? its like im doing some truly precise body engineering and im not even using complex science methods, just application of force and nutrition at the right times
>>
How long does it take to recover from bench to do it again? I'm doing PPL and my chest is severely lacking from everything else so I kind of look like a retard. Should I just start benching like every other workout?
My DL is 310, squat is 240 and bench is 140, all for 5 reps
>>
File: 1475612975263.jpg (71KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475612975263.jpg
71KB, 450x600px
>>41150666
Depends on your recovery, noone can give you a 100% precise timeframe.

My chest is lagging too, so I like to hit it every single workout at least once.
>>
>>41150666
also, you can do other shit like dips and DB shit for chest on non-chest days
>>
why are energy drinks with 70g of sugar allowed?

the recommended is like 20g a day for an adult
>>
>>41150690
>My chest is lagging too, so I like to hit it every single workout at least once.
is this a good approach for lagging muscles? isnt it better like, not to over work it and then on the day youres upposed to work it go all out and break it to shit?
>>
if i stall at a weight, is it acceptable to do one rep less of a higher weight to break the plateau?
>>
>>41150666
to build a bigger bench you can certainly add more bench/chest sessions. If you are doing multiple sessions you can play around with varying intensities.
>>
>>41150793
changing rep range is a good way to break through plateaus
>>
>>41150820
changing them down, right?

or is it also a good idea to do more reps of less weight?

also, is it a good idea to add an accesory of the muscle youre plateauing with in every session?
>>
>>41150831
Changing down is the standard practice yes, traditional power-lifting programs actually run to smaller and smaller rep ranges, Periodized training is the way to continue making gains
>>
Is one rest day enough when I do a full-body routine every other day? Should I have two rest days in between?
>>
>>41150885
>Periodized training is the way to continue making gains
what do you mean by this?, like.. lifting?
>>
>>41150998
yes
>>
>>41151120
>[Update] [Auto] 9
so you're saying that even if you keep your reps the same way, just insisting on lifting your weight will go up anyway?

how far do you have to push yourself to increase?

if you bench 90kg for 5 reps and it cost you a bit but you're not at the limit of your strenght, are you still developing force towards a 95kg bench? or until you try 95kg youre not really training that weight?

tl;dr how hard do you have to push yourself to increase the weight? do you have to feel like you're dying to progress?
>>
>>41151167
You can get stronger by doing any of the following,
More weight on the bar
More reps per set
More sets of the same reps
more total reps of the same weight over more sets
e.g. if your currently benching 90 for 5 reps for 3 sets you could put 95 on and try 3 sets of 3
say you just can't push 95 for whatever reason try at 90 for 3 sets of 6 or 4 sets of 5 or as many sets as you can until you fail

tldr read the sticky and look at the section on intermediate programs
>>
Does protein powder really turn into garbage if exposed to air for too long?

Will it literally turn into 100 calories of 0 protein and empty calories?
>>
>>41151324
but any of those variatons can help you achieve the other?

like, if you can only do 90kg 5 reps, doing 6-7 reps of that will help you do 95kg for 5 reps?
>>
>>41151346
but any of those variatons can help you achieve the other?
yes generally speaking like doing a thousand reps of 1 kg wont push up your max bench but if you are lifting anything above 70% of your 1 rep max somewhere close to failure you are getting stronger
>>
resting too long between sets?

As a beginner, is it bad to be resting like, up to 10 minutes inbetween sets of, for example, squats? I find that it helps me get 3-4 sets out if I do this, mainly because Im weak but also I get dizzy and my gut gets alittle nautious.
>>
>>41151393
it's not bad per se if you alway do it like that. but sooner or later youll get tired of spending so much time and will want to do shorter breaks.

the key is consistency. If you can barely do 3 sets of 90kg bench press waiting 10 mins between sets, youll have a much harder time doing it if you only wait 1-2 mins between set, youll probably fail at the second set.

the key is consistency.
>>
>>41151410
OK, thanks anon. I'm just doing it like this while I'm a raw beginner. I'm also in the comfort of my own home with weight bench (which is prolly a factor too). Will start shorting the breaks in time
>>
my starting bench press, in order to do 3 sets of 15 reps, is 55lbs (thats including the 45lb bar)...

as a brand new beginner, am I abnormally weak?
>>
>>41148623
Do that but eat more and have 2-3 minutes rests for compounds rather than 90secs. And lower the rep ranges a bit for compunds. Get rid of push ups and sit ups. Or you could just get a real routine
>>
>>41151540
Thats fairly common. It will shoot up quick. Keep the reps for big compounds to 5-8 imo. Then higher reps of isolations and shit
>>
File: 1489786379057.jpg (39KB, 348x333px) Image search: [Google]
1489786379057.jpg
39KB, 348x333px
>>41151540
Objectively, yes. Don't let that discourage you, though. #1 piece of advice I'd give a beginner - stop comparing your lifts to someone else. Work that sweet little ass off desu.,
>>
What does 1-2-3-4 as a goal stand for? Ive been lurking for weeks, cant figure it out
>>
>>41151540
it doesnt matter, you can get to a 200 lbs bench, trust me
>>
>>41151540
Too many reps.
>>
>>41146359
None. Go back retard.
>>
File: image.gif (222KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
222KB, 250x250px
Guys I recently acquired some adderall to help me focus on finals. I'm currently cutting and I was planning on going on a bit of a hiatus from it to focus on finishing the semester strong. I'm just wondering how adderall will affect my diet and weight loss thus far.
>>
I hear people say you have to eat in a huge surplus to make strength gains, but I don't wanna get fat. If don't eat in a huge surplus, will I never make strength gains or something, or will they just be slower?

>>41151598
1/2/3/4:

60kg OHP
100kg Bench
140kg Squat
180kg Deadlift

1 plate = 20kg (1pl8) per side
2 plate = 40kg (2pl8) per side

so on and so forth
>>
>>41151807
As long as your IN a surplus of calories you should be able to make adaptive CNS strength gains. The reason some people go into a big surplus is that it's hard to know if you're actually in a surplus of you lean bulk.
>>
Im doing stripped 5x5s until I cant add any more weight or reps every time. What comes after that?
>>
If you did 1hr of cardio 6/7 days and ate trash 2 days in a row while on a cut you should be okay right?
>>
>>41149505
I have the opposite. Sometime when I struggle out of the hole I will push up against the bar with my arms. Almost like I'm going to press it off of my back. What do
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (205KB, 680x575px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
205KB, 680x575px
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I CANT FUCKING GET MY BENCH CORRECT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK

I squeeze my scapula, arch my back, retract, pull the bar with mu lats, put my legs correctly
But the moment I start pushing the bar up, everything goes away, my back loosens, I feel pressure on my upper back muscles, shoulders, my right arm shoots before the left o etc.

Feels very uncomfortable and snap prone
I tried widening my grip, arching more, deloaded but cant fucking get it right
I can do normie bench no problem whatsoever, but I want to get my form close to perfect before I increase my bench to 2 plate or sth

I asked people at my gym, instructors included, but they don't know how to do powerlifting bench either and think nothing is wrong with my bench

How do I fix this? Should I deload even more to get my stabilizing musclesstronger or what? I watched 1000 bench videos already

Help pls /fit/, I really like benching but my form sucks ass

PS. I was doing 70 kg normie benches, deloaded to 65 first, then 60, and there is still something wrong
I'm weak no bully pls
>>
File: 1492551318031.jpg (21KB, 368x350px) Image search: [Google]
1492551318031.jpg
21KB, 368x350px
>>41142319
>>
>>41152974
Did that make your head hurt. The coloring books are over on /a/ for you
>>
File: weedlmao.jpg (64KB, 540x685px) Image search: [Google]
weedlmao.jpg
64KB, 540x685px
guis. my gf wants to kiss other girls when we're going out. should i let her? i mean, i might get a threesome out of it, but it feels kinda like she's cheating, ty
>>
>>41152934
Have you tried lowering the bar so you can unrack it without extending arms too far and letting your lats loosen?
>>
File: 3ef.png (462KB, 680x564px) Image search: [Google]
3ef.png
462KB, 680x564px
>>41152974
>>
>>41153020

she is a lesbian and will leave you, but get a 3-way out of it before that happens.

afterwards, support her choices and don't be a faggot about it, but move on to het girls that don't want to party
>>
>>41153034
Fug my gym is a 3rd world country gym, there is no such option
I think you re on point, but sometimes even if I unrack it relatively well, I lose my form when pushing it away
You think not pushing it away completely would help?
It feels like half a rep, but I see some advanced lifters do it that way I guess
>>
>>41151410
>the key is consistency.

>the key is consistency.

>the key is consistency.
>>
>>41149349
>Sarah Bolger

she looks like she would ask you to put it in her ass the first time, that's why
>>
>>41149303

those numbers are aids and fail so yes, start trying to actually be strong for once in your life your sissy puke
>>
>>41148984

you're not fat, that's how
>>
>>41148077

eat lean protein. guarantee you can't eat enough chicken breast or hardboiled eggs to go over your limit before you want to puke
>>
>>41151673
There was one shitbird gave me the stinkeye but he might have just been an unhappy piece of shit, but otherwise, it was great. hit 185 incline bench for reps and nobody laughed at me even once
>>
>180 day streak on MFP
>look at my past week
>every single day I've been going over by a couple hundred or so

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
>>
File: 1486065581789.jpg (2MB, 2120x2120px) Image search: [Google]
1486065581789.jpg
2MB, 2120x2120px
How long should my rest be between sets? My main goal is muscle growth/strength. Now some videos I've watched they say I should make 1 minute rests between curls. Meanwhile, some articles imply that I should rest 3 minutes to let my "ATP-PC system" to recharge, thus improving my gains. So who to believe?
>>
>>41153296
for strength longer rests like 3-5 mins are usually recommended because with that the limiting factor wont be your energy in muscles, rather the strength and it will allow you to do more volume training your CNS/muscle connection better
For muscle growth smaller rest with higher reps is recommended because it triggers hypertrophy more, and it has stuff to do with vascularity and shit
>>
File: 1491825792359.jpg (25KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
1491825792359.jpg
25KB, 640x606px
anyone got any experience with low carb diets? i don't see an issue in cutting out pasta, bread, rice and other grains. i still plan on eating some greens and veggies. i feel like those carbs im cutting out never really filled me up in the first place.
>>
>>41149711
>wow why am i not setting new PRs every workout this shit sucks
>btw im on a cut

unless you
re a total newbie, you don't gain strength while on a deficit, period.
>>
>>41153525
Even as total noob you run out of gains quick too. I keep hitting same weights and having to deload. Month after month. Good thing is I am less than a month away from bulk time.
>>
Should I fap now before heading to the gym in an hour, wait until tonight after I'm done driving my friends home from a party?
>>
>spanish qt says hi and touches my shoulder
>instant erection

what even happens if i kiss one? do i explode?

srs question /fit/
>>
>>41153636
Is that even a question? After all that crap

>>41153719
Yes.
>>
Is SS still recommended and why am I seeing more people suggesting Grey skull
>>
>>41153034
>>41152934
>>41153082
FUCKING HELL MATE
I JUST FIXED MY BENCH
HOLY HELL

After the fixation, I slowly moved from 50 kg to 80, and managed to lift 80 kg after a shit load of volume training
This is euphoric
Fuck
>>
>>41141415
1. Skim Milk for cutting?
Starting cutting this week, finishing up last of whole milk I have, but wondering if I should exchange it for skim or 1% milk once I go to the store?

Getting 240 grams of protein without milk is hard and 2200 grams is my goal.
>>
>>41154403
i think you could do without milk. you really shouldnt drink your calories. try eating more greek yogurt + cottage cheese (0%)
alos i don't think you need to hit that many proteins
>>
I think I may have injured my knee, can anyone tell me if it has anything to do with an injured ACL? I'm worried that's the case.
I can barely extend my knee all the way out when sitting (only hurts at the very end)
Pushing the knee cap when standing up hurts
Can put my weight on it, but any more (doing a squat motion hurts)
Feels weaker, but not really any difference when walking
Not swollen
Looks identical to my other knee
>>
I picked up a very light-duty, long-hour, extremely long commute (5+ hours driving per day) construction job recently. Along with school, fire academy, and life in general, I've had to sacrifice gym time for sleep time.

What can I do to exercise during my down time?

I can't pick up heavy things because of on the job liability issues. However, I can do bodyweight and isometrics.
>>
What are Mediterranean genes like for building strength? Should I expect to make faster progress than my Anglo counterparts?
Would it even be noticeable or is it really nothing to pay attention to?
>>
>>41154572
Edit: down time meaning either in the car or on a street/construction site
>>
>>41153830
>>41153830
>>41153830
>>41153830
???
>>
File: deadlift form check.webm (1MB, 360x644px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift form check.webm
1MB, 360x644px
how do i improve my form? i feel like it gets worse by each consecutive rep, so should i do 5x1 instead of 3x5?
>>
>>41154401
Good to hear anon :) Lightspeed
>>
>>41154673
Look down. Dont pull your neck up.
>>
>>41154673
not too bad, try to keep the bar touching your legs throughout the movement
also keep your form tighter when lowering it
>>
File: pain.jpg (58KB, 410x942px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
58KB, 410x942px
Recently, when I've been stretching, the marked spot on my leg near the groin hurts, on the inside of the leg. I only feel it when stretching towards a side split, if I go for a forward split there's no pain. I have no pain during training or during the day either, but this shit prevents me from stretching properly and getting better at high kicks. What is this and how do I get it to go away?
>>
Will be travelling next week. I've been doing SS for 9 weeks. Don't want to lapse.

My hotel has a "fitness center" which I'm pretty sure is just treads, elipticals, and if I'm lucky some free weights.

What can I do as a substitute for SS exercises. Obviously, without a bar I can't do power clean but what could I do in replacement of

Squats - 3pl8
OHP - 1pl8
DL - 3.5pl8
Bench - 1.5pl8

?
>>
>>41155016
Are you a literal t-rex
>>
>>41155109
almost.

Big legs run in my family, so they were overdeveloped before I started
>>
>>41154915
literally just went to PT for this
use a foam roller 2 times a day 5 mins on the spot for 2 weeks then put 2 tennis balls in a suck and use that when the roller no longer causes pain
>>
>>41154706
>>41154760
thanks for input, btw i'm pretty sure that the bar path has to be vertical, but mine is wobbly near my knees - how can i fix that?
>>
At weights should I stop raising weight if I want to stop lifting later in my life and transition to biking or something?
>>
How to pick protein powder?
>>
File: Vz4lPVVg6Xw.jpg (116KB, 700x837px) Image search: [Google]
Vz4lPVVg6Xw.jpg
116KB, 700x837px
Can anyone suggest a good routine for aesthetics ?
>>
>>41156122

brosplit with HIT/Mike Mentzer style training
>>
My bench is stalling and it's because of my triceps. They suck ass and I can't even do a single dip. I've been doing the pussy dips on the side of a bench with both feet on the floor, but it doesn't feel like it's helping. What's a good tricep exercise that will help my bench and allow me to do dips?
>>
When you're bulking, how much muscle compared to fat should you be gaining? I weigh like 15 pounds more than this time last year and I'd guess I only got like 5 pounds of muscle to be honest.
>>
>>41156285
Thanks. So basically i should go to gym 5 days a week and focus on different muscle groups while doing each set to failure ?
>>
File: oittvxkUVi1s1hvbho1_500.png (96KB, 750x689px) Image search: [Google]
oittvxkUVi1s1hvbho1_500.png
96KB, 750x689px
Rate my new diet.

>5'11, 180lbs, just doing 5x5
>>
File: 1477352420191.png (573KB, 752x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1477352420191.png
573KB, 752x1051px
How do I get a huge fucking neck without doing exercises that might damage me. Seen the ones where you hang a weight to your head and lift it up n down again but that looks really bad for your neck, in my opinion, so I don't want to do that. Any tips appreciated thanks
>>
>>41144599
Kek'd
>>
Which has better macros for cutting, grits or oatmeal?
Is the difference negligible?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (2KB, 110x90px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
2KB, 110x90px
>>41156483
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>41156569
t thanks for the advice
>>
>>41156580
Seriously do shrugs.
Look up correct form and get some dumbbells.
>>
>>41156612
Thanks man
>>
>>41142287
Depends on how long your legs are
>>
>>41156300
Close grip bench, tricep push downs if done correctly (don't who lift), or assisted dips among other things. Just pick one and do it as an accessory like 3×8 or something.
>>
>>41143034
both.
Barbell for max weight lifted
Dumbells for stability
>>
>>41156455
3-4 days and always work to failure as quick as possible. you can do a basic push/pull/legs split and get big quick this way as long as you rest and eat
>>
SERIOUS QUESTION: How do I get big TRICEPS? How much volume should I do?
>>
File: bfpercentage.jpg (290KB, 1281x1716px) Image search: [Google]
bfpercentage.jpg
290KB, 1281x1716px
Hey my African Americans. Could I get a BF % estimate? I used one of those electric pulse bullshit things at my gym and it tried to tell me I was 14%.

Not too sure about that. I'm thinking more in the ballpark of ~18%

20, 5'10, 176lb
>>
>>41157076
Pointy boobs and a belly tells me >20%
>>
>>41157076
22% random guess
>>
Which website or formula is reliable to calculate my TDEE? I've tried like 4 different sites and the result is completely different. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week, for about 1 hour, I cycle there and back sometimes (15-20 minutes each way). My weight is 84 kg, 194cm. About 15-18% bf.

pls help
>>
>>41141415
here'smy situation

>finished SS
>end of cut ready to jump on another program
>mad gains and strength
>BUT
>legs are really nice but if they get bigger I'll look unproportional
>also need to fit in pants due to my job

what program can keep me making aesthetic and strength gains BUT without gaining any more leg mass?
should I do TM or Madcow but just not squat instead? thinking of switching them for hip-thrusts
or should I just keep squatting but not up the weight?

Help a fitizen out.
>>
/fit/ pls rate my routine

workout A:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
3x5 Chinups

workout B
3x5 OHP
1x5 Deadlift
3x5 Pullups
>>
>>41157474
Very basic. Good for a beginner tho
>>
does this full body routine miss any muscle other than calfs?

Dumbbell bench
Dumbbell row
Squat press
Chin ups
Dips

I know it is not ideal, but will it lead to any imbalances?
>>
>>41157474
>>41157532
Has absolutely no upper back, ur gonna look like a gorilla.

Add dips, some sort of rows, curl and some core exercises beside deadlift.

Hyperextensions and decline crunches are good.
>>
File: 1490369500065.jpg (30KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490369500065.jpg
30KB, 480x465px
I've reached 4 pl8 squat within 1.5 years

Is this fairly normal? I've always felt like I'm genetically meant for squats, since I started them. I don't want to get massive but I feel like I'm finding it a lot easier than other people and I have a genetic advantage or something that I might want to take advantage of
>>
>>41157234
Pls respons
>>
Also what are the best type of rows?

I've been doing seated cable rows but I don't seem to be increasing strength much
T-bar is great but it's hard to get access to without just shoving a barbell in the corner and looking like a weirdo
>>
>>41157234
>>41157696
None of them, they're all based on made up calculations or medians of sample groups at best.

Never rely on a websites estimation for anything other than a starting point
>>
what should I get for my cheat meal tomorrow /fit/
>>
>>41157590
hey, rate SL 5x5, pls thanks
>>
>>41157577
>does this full body routine miss any muscle other than calfs?
Is that a joke? It's not full body and unless you're a female midget it's extremely limited past 1 month.

You're missing at least 2 back exercises, triceps, biceps, shoulders, traps, calves and abs/core.

Look at Arnols Golden Six and add deadlifts for an extremely minimalist full body that works.
>>
>>41157474
Needs more back and arms, otherwise good choices for minimalist approach to noob strength
>>
>>41157722
So how the fuck do I find out how much I need to eat to cut down to 10% bf?
>>
>>41141415
What's the most realistic bulking option for me? I have no access to a gym, I'm on my feet and slightly but constantly active most of the day. I walk about 3 miles a day, maybe 4-5 if I go to the store or something. My budget is very limited and I'm also limited to what I can carry with me, the store is a 60 minute trip there and 60 minutes back. That said, it'll be cheaper than eating fast food (or not at all) most nights. I have full access to a kitchen including a rice cooker
>>
>>41155127
I wish mine would. I have the pencil legs and pencil calfs. Can bench 170 and squat 170 lmao. That's my max strength gains till I stop the diet. Only couple weeks left though
>>
>>41157813
>So how the fuck do I find out how much I need to eat to cut down to 10% bf?
By counting your calories and weighing your progress like a normal human being

>>41157835
>My budget is very limited and I'm also limited to what I can carry with me, the store is a 60 minute trip there and 60 minutes back. That said, it'll be cheaper than eating fast food (or not at all) most nights. I have full access to a kitchen including a rice cooker
It's not the answer you want but the obvious answer is to get a job and a gym membership, anything else is just you playing around with solutions which you'll probably give up on

Failing that- spend approx £800+ on a power rack, bench, weights and enough to get a full body workout, spend a few hundred more on fixing your diet
>>
what program after SS to get Boyka mode?
>>
Im going to travel ,and the fligth is at 4 am , is it a problem if i take like 4 or 5 scoops at 2 or 3 am before going to the airport to complete the daily protein intake , cause its gonna be a lot of time in the airplane
>>
>>41157755
hey, I did SS and SL while I was starting. They're shit programs. Nobody needs to squat three fucking times a week at that level.

One set of deadlifts is a fucking joke, that should be 3x5. Also who the fuck squats on the same day as their deadlift? Why would you even do that on a 3 day program?

It has no accessories to speak of to strengthen stabilizers or add to your development. You're gonna kick yourself in the ass a year from now with tiny arms, shit set ranges on your deadlift and not getting the most you could get.

Don't fall for the "barbell is all I need!!" meme, you don't have to EXCLUSIVELY develop strength. Hypertrophy accessories in your workout will make you swole looking as well as help with the big four on the barbell.
>>
File: 1489153230548.jpg (43KB, 605x705px) Image search: [Google]
1489153230548.jpg
43KB, 605x705px
>>41148388
>can I just dance hard for 45 mins

eks deeeee
>>
>>41157921
why do anything else other than 1x5 deadlifts? if you want hyperthrophy theres better

the best is 3x5 for compounds(1x5 for diddlys) and then acessory work for 3x8-12
>>
I'm doing Push/Pull. is resting 1 day a week fine? i hate rest days even if i still do cardio. i love spending time in the gym and i still make progress, albeit at a slower pace.
>>
>>41157921
>Nobody needs to squat three fucking times a week at that level.
Nobody needs to squat less than 3 times a week at that level

>Also who the fuck squats on the same day as their deadlift?
Me, all the way up to 4 pl8 with great success

>It has no accessories to speak of to strengthen stabilizers or add to your development
They're not designed for that nor are they supposed to have

I don't do SS or SL but I do use some of their programming. Just wanted to let you know you're an idiot.
>>
Either squatting or deadlifting (or both) always gives me shin splints, which I want to avoid as much as possible since I also play basketball.
What should I do? Replace squats/deads with something else? And if so, with what?
>>
>>41157957
>They're not designed for that nor are they supposed to have

Program just seems pointless, why bother with doing less than you can?

>Nobody needs to squat less than 3 times a week at that level

What exactly am I getting out of squatting 3 times a week? Why the over emphasis on that? Is this newbie training to hit a squat PR for his next meet? He's not lagging in it, because he's never done it!

The T-Rex meme is a meme for a reason, you're over developing your legs. You could argue that it helps in your deadlift, sure.

>Me, all the way up to 4 pl8 with great success

Anecdotal, but ok. You're going for two heavy intensity lifts working similar muscle groups on the same day.

>Just wanted to let you know you're an idiot.
nice x)
>>
>>41157590
>Has absolutely no upper back
dont chinups and pullups hit the back
>>
>>41157999
Check your form, sound like you're using your toes. You should be driving through your heels.
>>
>>41158089
midfoot actually
>>
>>41158047
>chinups
lats
>pullups
yes, not enough, needs a row to compliment
>>
>>41158118
wut. pull-ups hit the lats more than chins
>>
File: canditotraining.jpg (460KB, 992x1616px) Image search: [Google]
canditotraining.jpg
460KB, 992x1616px
>>41157338
>>41157338
>>41157338

pls help famiglia
>>
Has anyone heard of a service or app or website or anything that kind of sets up working out/improving your body like a video game? Like with a level up system and all that shit. I don't NEED something like that but I've always kinda been interested in doing something like that cuz it would be really cool to say, have goals that need to be met to be considered like novice or advanced in a certain skill, or a certain amount of weight you need to lift, or a body fat percentage you need to reach. inb4 just make it up myself, I can but I just wanted to see if anyone knew of something like this already out there
>>
>>41158163
the closest thing to that would be Strength Standard, which measures your 1RM and then tells you which level you are (beginner, intermediate, etc.)
>>
>>41158089
>>41158103
Could using a cambered bar or a safety bar or something like that help?
>>
im at 175 lbs if i cut down to 155 lbs will i lose the little gains i have and i have any potential because i have been lifting for 1.3 years and look like ass. i have been doing full upper body 3 times a weak for most of it. I did ppl for 4 months and its worked a little.

my lifts are 135x5 ohp
225x1 bench
and 315X3 deadlift

im eating enough protein. im getting stronger but not bigger and im thinking of switching to a brosplit with high reps and high volume any advice oh and yes im a fucking manlet get over it
>>
>>41157870
Problem is I'm pretty transient currently. I have a job but I don't have enough money to afford both a gym membership and taking an Uber there and back multiple times a week.
>>
Gained 15 lbs over 6 months, but still look the same, as in no fat or muscle gains from the looks of it but strength went up. Whats the issue? 5'10 183
>>
>>41158221
Just don't dig with your toes on the way up.
>>
If I'm hitting my macros, how detrimental is it to eat garbage like candy to get my remaining calories for the day? Will it make a difference in how much fat I gain as opposed to just muscle if I decide to have a sucker instead of a glass of a milk for instance?
>>
>>41158570
you gained a few pounds of muscle and a few more pounds of fat
due to the fat, you dont really see the muscle gains, and the fat gains are probably mostly in places that you dont notice right away (legs for example)
>>
>>41143497
If you don't have the flexibility in your arms for a good rack grip, look for images of how to use straps. As you work with them, progressively over several sessions grab closer to the bar until you have a good rack grip. Also look at CalStrength flexibility videos for the upper body.

Since you're guessing at the weight to use, don't do a normal warmup, do an extended warmup for the Fronts the first time. That way if you can't get all the way up you'll know it before you get there. Like a bunch with the bar, then 5x80, 4x120, 3x155, 2x195, 1x230. If the single feels awkward/bad then cut down from 2x5x265.
>>
>>41145009
pics or meme
>>
Been doing stronklifts 5x5 for the past few months, finally hit 2pl8 on my squats about a month and a half ago. Around that time I did something to my left knee which causes it to hurt pretty badly when I put pressure on it, like when I'm putting my weight right over the joint. It didn't hurt when I did squats though, but for a week or so I switch to leg press just to be sure. Over the last week or so I moved down to a lower weight and began working my way back up to 2pl8s, fortunately I hadn't really lost any strength over the last months (had missed a few workouts from traveler and such in addition to not doing squats). But the other day I guess I fucked up my knee again, this time I felt it while actually doing the squats, particularly on my last set. The past few days it's hurt pretty bad; I can't kneel or go into a full squat or basically put any weight on it; and it feels sensitive to the touch, like when I go on my knees (without squatting and bending at the joint).

So I guess my question is: I should probably stop doing squats for a while huh? Maybe do them once a week instead of 3x? Switch to leg press again? But I seriously can't bend my knee fully, like I can't do the full range of motion. And it has begun to hurt when I do squats, where the weight isn't fully over my knee joint.

I'm worried about losing leg/core strength, but I guess I don't mind being able to focus more on upper body stuff/deads in lieu of squats? If I don't squat for a month or two are my legs/ass gonna lose a bunch of strength and size? I'm digging these leg gains senpai
>>
>>41147057
>What would be the 1/2/3/4 equivalent for women?
There isn't a good meme for it, sorry. It doesn't line up well because while 1/2/3/4 is easy to remember for the guys, it isn't really a good ratio of lifts.
Raw IPF totals are about 25% Bench, 35% Squat, and 40% Dead, give or take and some variation around that, it's an average. So Dead 4pl8 = 405# means Squat around 350# but 3pl8 = 315#, and 2pl8 = 225# but the IPF ratio implies about 250#, see what I mean? And then the Press, what is that to the Bench, maybe 60-70% of it, depending?
An average height guy might shoot for, and be lucky to get, a 455kg or 1,000lb total, which is ??/2.3/3.4/4 or the meme of 1/2/3/4. Or depending on size of the guy, a raw Wilks in the 280s.
An average height girl might shoot for and be lucky to get 277kg or a bit over a 600lb total. Like ??/1.2/1.9/2.2 pl8. A raw Wilks in the 270s but the calculation is different for men and women, if using the male Wilks calculation a woman would be lucky to break 200.
Pound for pound, elite athletic women are only about 70-75% as strong, fast, or endurent as men. Then add to that the fact that the average woman is 5'' shorter than the average man and has less frame to hang the less muscle she can build on, and the whole mess above makes more sense.
The -72 and the -69 and -75 in Weightlifting average right at average height for a woman at 5'5'' give or take.
tl;dr if you want, use 1/1/2/2 but know it's a bit off, just like 1/2/3/4 is.
>>
File: IMG_1171.jpg (222KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.jpg
222KB, 1200x1800px
Is it okay to go to bed after working out?

I work graveyard shifts (10PM-6AM) and I was wondering if I could hit r gym after work, and then get my "nights sleep" afterward.
>>
>>41159336
No you will die instantly
>>
>>41159081
bumperooni

tl;dr of question: is it dangerous for me to continue doing squats with a potential knee injury? Or should I work through the pain?
>>
>>41159336
Yep. Try to remember to stretch after working out and if you can stomach it, eat or get a shake down before sleeping.
>>
>>41159644
Get someone you trust to check your form so you don't reinjure. Stop squatting until you heal and figure it out. Find workarounds that don't bother your knee if you can, even machines, but don't worry too much about the gainz you want your knees to work and you have a lifetime to lift ahead of you.
>>
>>41159678
y-you too
>>
>>41142825
>>41148038
So I decided to eat even though I wasn't hungry. I made myself a beautiful 2-egg omelet with a healthy serving of parmesan and american cheese cooked in. And now that I've eaten it, suddenly I feel starving, way hungrier than before I ate it. This makes no fucking sense.

In any case my weight loss has definitely slowed, but I'm still worried about eating up muscle. Any foods that are good for retaining muscle during an aggressive cut?
>>
>>41158612
>>41158612
>>41158612
Bump for help.
>>
>>41148695
>Can I make noob gains if I'm not a noob?
>>
>>41158259

some one please help me
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-22-02-34-34-1.png (802KB, 1078x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-22-02-34-34-1.png
802KB, 1078x1348px
To get this body, do you need to go to the gym and lift? Or will eating at a deficit to cur fat and doing cardio/light bodyweight exercises suffice?
>>
>>41157769
Hey faggot. My routine is very close to arnolds golden 6. In fact I have more back work then he does. The only difference is I combine OHP and squat.

Dumb nigger cattle.
>>
>>41159821
If it fits your macros, it's good. There's no magic in the different styles of eating other than calorie control (unless you have an actual health issue with certain foods), most of those things like "clean eating" or IF aka "skipping breakfast" etc. are just memes that help people eat less calories and get better macros. Most of the meme diets are OK and especially if they work for you (to cut kcals or to avoid trigger foods that you crave) then fine, just don't do low-carb if you need energy or are an endurance athlete, save that for dieters and strength guys.
>>
>>41158259
You look fine, better than most guys. Don't get dysmorphia.
If you're after appearance, you should cut. Cut to abs, bulk til they go away, you're at the top of a bulk. Again, if you're after appearance, don't worry too much about any drop.
Putting on 40lbs of muscle in a career (not counting kids that start in middle or high school) is doing good, and 20lbs in the first year is good. Don't have inflated expectations (if you're not /fraud/ that is).
If you're getting stronger in a rep range like 5+ then you're getting bigger, just hard to spot 1lb of muscle all over you every couple of weeks, lol. Only possible to get stronger without muscle gain as a n00b or low-reps b/c of technique and neural factors.
Try Lyle McDonald's "generic bulk" and do upper on M/F and lower on W, or do ULxULxx.
>>
>>41160100
he ain't got much muscle on him, do calisthenics and diet
>>
>>41158612
well a glass of milk has way different macros to candy so your example wouldn't work.
>>
>>41160327
This is assuming I've met my macro needs for the day.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.