[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buttwink in ATG squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: some_kind_of_elf_from_oblivion.png (1MB, 1254x668px) Image search: [Google]
some_kind_of_elf_from_oblivion.png
1MB, 1254x668px
How do I correct this? I only started lifting a week or so ago and a dude at the gym today came up to me and told me I have a terrible butt wink and to avoid full depth squats or risk injury.

I read online that my hamstrings may be tight or my body just doesn't know how to balance itself down there so it just naturally happens.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>41137307
>hamstrings may be tight

Not to threadjack, but my legs are super tight when I squat. My inner thighs just don't want to stretch and move. No problem with deads or cleans though
>>
The best indicator is pain. If you feel GOOD before and after lifting and are getting stronger you're probably fine. If not then it could be genetic and the guy could be right or you might just need to play with your form. Can't say for sure.
>>
>>41137307
> a week ago

You just have shit technique. That englobes whole bunch of stuff that's going on when you squat. Just practice, read up on squat execution. Rippletits has great info on it. and keep practicing. Youre most likely using lightweight so your not gonna injure yourself.

Also squatting in oly shoes helps a bunch if you have crap limb proportions or very limited mobility.
>>
A little buttwink is fine, inevitable even. You just don't want your whole back rounding.
>>
>>41137307
Don't hinges at the hip first. When going down either split at the knee first or both at the same time. I squat high bar and because of knee pain due to shit ankle mobility, I subconsciously hinged at my hip first. This give me a terrible buttwink and lower back pain. Changed into knee split and everything is fine already.
>>
>>41137307
you shouldn't be doing atg, the bottom position is right below parallel
>>
>>41137307
i had the same problem and static stretches(especially hamstrings) helped me immensely in a very short period of time
other than that try to keep your butt and lower back tight
>>
>>41137307
I found out my femur makes up 32% of my bodies total height, so in proportion to my torso and tibia it's quite long. I switched to a wider leg stance and it let me go atg really easily now. Only problem you might face switching your foot placement up is adductor/abductor weakness until you can correct it.
>>
>>41137307
>2017
>not using a plug
>>
>>41137307
It doesn't have to do with hamstrings brah, the hams aren't even contracting at the bottom of the squat, it has more to do with ankle dorsiflexion actually. Just hit up CanditoTrainingHQ on youtube or even OmarIsuf.
>>
>>41138886
it also has to do with your hip bone structure. i have long femurs as well but wide stance feels like exploding hips in fact i feel better squatting with my feet right next to each other rather than wide. pushing knees out doesn't work either instead it brings a whole bunch of new problems.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.