[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best accessory workouts for each of these lifts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1492338368866.jpg (67KB, 604x377px) Image search: [Google]
1492338368866.jpg
67KB, 604x377px
What are the best accessory workouts for each of these lifts?
>Deadlift
>Squat
>Bench Press
>Overhead Press
>>
>Deadlift

I like working out my hamstrings/glutes by doing either hamstring curls or glute bridges if I didn't get enough volume from the days I squat. Or I like working out my lower back doing back extensions.

>Squat

Again, hamstrings and glutes as above but some days I'll throw in quads like leg press

>Bench Press

I'll throw in tricep extensions or chest cable flies depending on what's weakest. For myself, my chest was lagging so I throw in a lot of cable flies on bench days.

>Overhead Press

Any exercises that work out the heads of the shoulder. My anterior deltoid is the most developed (from OHP and incline bench) and my posterior is developed from my job (Electrician) so I like working out the medial head through lateral raises.
>>
File: 1491873933588.gif (4MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491873933588.gif
4MB, 300x300px
>>41135104

>Deadlift
I like to load the weight about 1.5 - 2x my 1RM, setup and perform the pull with a fully rounded lower back and thoracic spine, stiff leg the weight up and on lockout make sure to crank my back as far back as it can bend in a quick snapping like fashion.
>Squat
For the squat I like to set up outside the rack with 2 - 3x my 1RM, carefully walk the weight out far enough so that none of the safety mechanism are in the way and then perform a free fall ATG move.
>Bench Press
This one is my favorite as it allows me to talk to the biggest guy in the gym. What I do is let the big guy load as much weight on the bar as he can hand off, have him hand it off to me and with a suicide grip just let the weight roll forward.
>Overhead Press
This is one of those rare lifts that allow you to get an abnormally large amount of weight up by utilizing a push press then let it come down straight on top of the head.

Good luck!
>>
>>41135358
What the fuck is this post
>>
>>41135104
>Deadlift
Rows
>Squat
Leg press
>Bench
Curls
>OHP
Lat raise
>>
>>41135974
how would curls help with bench?
>>
>>41135104
deadlift:
deficit deadlift, romanian deadlift, pull to knees, single or double paused deadlift
squat: squat a shit
bench press: close grip bench, DB bench, board press
ohp: pin press, DB shoulder press
>>
>>41135499
A patrick bateman reference you newfag
>>41135104
>rucking with no plate vest or helmet

Not even impressive
>>
>>41136021
strong biceps and bicep tendons are never a bad thing, also biceps help control on the way down

and bicep tendonitis can be a problem on bench if your bicep tendon is never exposed to any other stress to make it stronger

that's the reason a lot of big benchers absolutely swear by curls
>>
>>41136021
Supports control in grip going up and bicep going down.
Joint and tendon support is the other major reason.
>>
>>41136021
Forward flexion of the humerus via the long head of the bicep.
>>
>>41136051
>>41136079
thanks guys, I'll be sure to add some in
>>
>>41135104
>Deadlift

Easily the dumbell Romanian (or stiff legged) deadlift. When done properly the hamstring stretch and glute activation at the top of the movement really helps assist my deadlift. Try them out.

>Squat

Probably the split squat or barbell lunge, as well as the Romanian deadlift. Good-morning's also work well too.

>Bench

Easily weighted dips, floor presses, and skull crushers. OHP doesn't hurt either. If you build strength in these accessory lifts, your bench strength will correlate as well.

>Overhead Press

Landmine presses, skull crushers, and tricep extensions. Maybe even incline bench. Lateral raises aren't much of an OHP accessory as they don't train the same joint-angle at all. They do help build the medial delts though and the increased mass could potentially result in more muscle fiber recruitment during The Press™
>>
>>41135104
>Deadlift
Ab work

>Squat
Leg curls or other hamstring-centric lifts

>Bench Press
Rows or weighted pull-ups

>Overhead Press
Chin-ups
>>
>>41135104
>Deadlift
Rows, Good Mornings, Snatch Grip Deadlift
>Squat
Front Squat, Leg Press, Lunges, Step-Ups
>Bench Press
Dips, Close Grip Bench, Overhead Press
>Overhead Press
Dips, Close Grip Bench, Behind the Neck Press
>>
>>41135104
>deadlift
ghrs/reverse hypers/hyper extensions/deficit deads
>squat
good mornings/ghr/hack squats
>bench
pin press/flies/board press/dips/db rows/rear delt work
>ohp
dips/incline bench/delt work
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.