[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting time off my 1.5 mile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I am currently running a 17 minute mile, need it to be 15 by a week from saturday. Not fat or anything, just have no stamina when I run long distance. Would running the 1.5 mile daily and just trying to cut down my time each time be the most effective or should I mix up what shit I do?
>>
>not fat
>17 minute mile
Pick one

But really, to improve your endurance just run more, don't eat right before a run wait like an hour then go and you should have more energy. I'm not a great runner though, only running 9 minute miles myself so still working on it.
>>
My god man a 17 minute mile can't even be called running. You have to be overweight or I don't believe you. Anyway you're going to want to just get your miles in and cut weight if you're fat. Yes running 1.5 miles a day will improve your mile time.
>>
>>41133551
I had a 10 minute mile pace for a 10k, and I got it down to 45 minutes by doing the couch to 10k trainer where whenever it was like the walk session, I went my previous pace, and whenever it was time to run I'd go one mile per hour faster. I did it for two cycles on a treadmill and got to 8mph for 10k, and I'm gonna start again try to get below the 40 minute mark.
>>
17 minute mile? Tf im fat as fuck and when i did c25k i started at around 12min miles. Do c25k
>>
>>41133551
it will, but training optimally will involve speed work, too. if you decrease your 100m, your 1.5 mile will also increase - you'll be running at a lower intensity, just like a 300 bencher has an easier tie repping 135 than a 225 bencher does, to use a rather extreme lifting example.
>>
File: 1475503834036.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475503834036.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
equivalent to a 52 minute 5km holy fuck if youre that bad you shouldn't be running it'll fuck your joints
>>
Well shit, that was a major mistake on my part. Mile and a half not mile.
>>
>>41133551
>17 min mile
>running
Bruh I walk faster than you. Maximize your stride man. Distance is about getting a rhythm too. Invest in good shoes.
>>
>>41134579
I meant 1.5 mile not mile
>>
>>41135127
run like a mile every other day right now, with an intensity that you think you can recover with a day of rest. also walk more
>>
Run with bigger strides and focus on getting a rhythm while running. By this I mean keep a steady pace and make sure to be breathing steadily and using your arms in pace with your legs.

Also 17 min mile, you're one fat fuck. I was overweight for years and could do an 11-12 min mile
>>
are you jogging in place wtf
the average New Yorker walks 5 mph and can do a mile in 12 min
are you telling me you jog slower than a fag walking
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.