[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to climb to the top of mt. Everest. Any experienced /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fd20130616pba.jpg (361KB, 1890x1260px) Image search: [Google]
fd20130616pba.jpg
361KB, 1890x1260px
I want to climb to the top of mt. Everest. Any experienced /fit/ mountain climbers here? Have any of you attempted the climb?
>>
>>41133277
I had a look into it, amd the Tibet side looks cheaper/better. You can only climb at certain times of year and shit. You also ought to have a good deal of experience on smaller peaks.
>>
Run a marathon. Sounds a bit ridiculous but it will build the mental toughness youd need for the conditions, and should help you manage your bodyweight through the stop start aerobic activity. Its also worth doing some light cardio or hill climbs in high volume clothing to get used to the new way of moving.

Really tho, if you can climb nevis or snowdon then physically youre not far off of everest (with a sherpa carrying your shit). Its the conditions thatll be hard, even with down suits and altitude boots.

Also dont be poor, even renting the kit and getting the permits and shit for basecamp will set you back a fuck of a lot
>>
Dont do it i heard its really high
>>
>>41133617
You don't even have to be that fit to do Everest anymore. Mountaineers consider it tourist tier.

K2 or Denali are the patrician summits.
>>
Read the sticky
>>
>>41133277
Do SS
>>
>>41134263
K2 east face or bust
>>
you better ask on /out/. About 50% of /fit/ isn't even working out and 95% of the rest is doing it for aesthetics/girls.
>>
I think you ought to climb smaller mountains first.
Climbing the mount everest because /fit/ sounds like you wanna hijack a plane because two and a half year ago you rode a scooter for two streets.
>>
>>41134345
Not really. It really is tourist tier now.
>>
>>41134345
was riding a scooter for two streets part of your plan?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.