[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recomp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5195.jpg (75KB, 750x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5195.jpg
75KB, 750x445px
Been seeing recomp coming up a lot. What's the deal with recomp? Isn't it impossible to be in both an anabolic and catabolic state simultaneously?
>>
>>41133004
Also would appreciate sauce on pic
>>
The belief is that if you eat at maintenance, you'd shift between those two states throughout the day, but not at nearly the same efficiency as just committing to one or the other. (perhaps this is due to some hidden metabolic "cost" of switching between the two?)

There is another belief that using Intermittent Fasting along with this makes the process more efficient, possibly even to the point of being a viable alternative to dedicated bulking or cutting. (possibly because you're staying in each state for a longer period of time, even if it's only by a few hours? Perhaps because you are making fewer "switches" between the two?)

For myself, purely subjectively, this is what I'm doing and it seems to be working for me. I asked my brother, who is a scientist, and he agrees with me.
>>
>>41133206
What estimated change in BF did you see? I used keto and IF to cut to single digits and I liked how shredded I got but wanted to bulk up my shoulders a bit. I'm at around 12% BF but feel like when I cut with keto my shoulders will still be smol.
>>
>>41133206
what kind of scientist is he though because you can't just say someone's a scientist and act like they have any authority on anything, they could be a fucking sociologist in which case they're a joke even within their own field
>>
>>41133261
Also best (fun) dumbell exercises for joocy delts? Targeting external rotation especially, got a big imbalance there.
>>
>>41133206
Right now i'm cutting, down to decent abs.

Then I'm going to maintain with a recomp. The gains won't be as good as you say. But I think Intermittent Fasting combined with calorie/carb cycling, and perhaps a small surplus, the gains should be steady and maintainable.

I believe Alpha Destiny talks about this in some of his vids.
>>
>>41135137
>>41133206
whats the difference with lean bulking?
>>
I think it's fine to start with which is what I did, depending on your body. Obviously, if you're over 25% body fat when starting out, a cut is definitely the way to go. Likewise, if you're super Skelly, a bulk is a much better plan. I was more in the a little skinny fat category. I basically cleaned up my diet a lot, aimed for around maintenance with 1g/lb of protein per day. Took me a good 8 or 9 weeks, but my lovehandles pretty much disappeared, which was my goal.
>>
>>41133049
Kono bijutsubu ni wa mondai ga aru.
>>
>>41135326
Thanks!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.