[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

90 days to /fight/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3289.jpg (59KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3289.jpg
59KB, 1023x681px
Guys I have 90 days to get fighting /fit/ for karate.

Help me please anon's
Your my only hope

Post routines for cardio and bodyweight.
I'll do it everyday until I die.
>>
What kind of Karate are you doing?

You can literally do any kind of workout probably. No one will expect you to be flexible or have any skill as a noob.

maybe make it last an hour and have it part cardio and part anaerobic , part dymamic flexibility, end with static stretching.
>>
>>41132157
Is this for a karate match? Points, knock out, what are you exactly prepping for. What belt and skill level.
>>
>>41132315
Its goju-ryu karate
So mostly the hard punching and kicking type. Fights are slow but pack power.
>>
>>41132320
I was black but that has been nearly 4 years ago and I was only training powerlifting type for 2 years
>>
>>41132430
So you already did hojo undo then. You also already know exactly what to expect at classes, much more than most of /fit/, I think you can answer your own questions better.

I would do sanchin kata, muscular endurance, both dynamic and static stretches, and work on basics while in stances. This way you wont burn out too bad physically when you go back and can focus more on techniques.
>>
>>41132490
As regards to a training regime for cardio and muscle?
I'll only be practicing at the dojo twice a week.
>>
>>41132524
Well, there isn't much pure strength work, they mostly want you to do a lot of repetitions. They will almost never ask you to do just one or two reps of anything.

You can do bodywieght or lifting, but at 25% to 30% 1RM, for a lot of reps, 15 to 30 reps is not crazy.

This will be a big help when your muscles begin to burn in class.

Also you'll be doing static stances in class, you'll want to do those, because they will hurt and burn too. Stand in sanchin, kiba, and zenkutsu (anything else is just a variation and you don't need to work on them for getting in shape for right now) start with 30 seconds and work up to a minute. Then you can start doing techniques while in stances, then finally walking in stances. This is a nice progression and will save you a lot pain later. Make sure you are doing them correctly, not only for your knees sake but so you wont have to correct when you get back in class.

If you completely forgot how to do them, just google how shotokan does them, deep and wide, you will never be asked to them that way in Goju Ryu, they'll ask you to do them much higher, not only will it be easier but it will feel different and it wont interfere with learning.
>>
>>41132650
Thanks anon and any tips for getting fit for *randori* or for the kumite because it drags on for quite a while?
>>
>>41132681
yeah, punch and kick in fighting stance, basically an intense form of shadow boxing, for 3 minutes. Rest for 3 minutes. Never let your elbows move away from your ribs (unless you are punching or something) According to how hard it is you do it several more times. Next workout you drop rest time by 10 seconds (adjust this accorrding to how hard or easy it is). Keep doing this every workout until you are only resting one minute. You can then try to add more time to the shadow boxing phase or just make it more intense.
Nothing can compare to actuall randori, which is much more tiring becasause of adrenaline/people watching/ also focusing on the opponent. But this will help. You can take it to extremes and just shadow box for 20 minutes, but then something just gets lost, it sort of loses intensity and it becomes like cardio kickboxing. It might work for you though I guess.
This will probably need to be a seperate workout, and can count as your cardio if you also run or bike or something maybe once a week.
>>
>>41132863
Okay thank you my dude.
Happy training!
Ganbare!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.