[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any advantages of mass gainers over protein shakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1798347133.png (131KB, 793x645px) Image search: [Google]
1798347133.png
131KB, 793x645px
Are there any advantages of mass gainers over protein shakes?

I have been taking True Mass and am almost reaching 16 servings, and uh it has helped me gained 3 kgs as a skele.

Before I considered buying another mass gainer, I was thinking of just buying normal whey protein, and blending it with oats, and maybe peanut butter.

The primary reason is cost, each serving of mass gainer brings me to around $4 where I live, although 2 scoops of whey + oats should cost around $3 at most.

What should I opt for?
>>
>>41126796
dunno what your're talking about, I got 4kg of mass gainer for 40 euros, while earlier I bought 2kg of protein powder for 30
>>
>>41126796
Mass gainers are meme because they are just full of cheap shit. Make your own with whey isolate and oats.
>>
>>41126861

It's expensive here http://sg.fitlion.com/cat/mass-gainer
>>
>>41126796

prepping your own meals will always be healthier and cheaper than buying some meal replacement or weight gainer shake.
No one on here really recommends them anyway.

>I was thinking of just buying normal whey protein, and blending it with oats, and maybe peanut butter.

Sounds like a decent idea
>>
>>41126926

This might sound embrassing but how do I actually make a protein shake? Do I literally just throw water, protein powder and oats(without cooking them) and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter into the blender and press blend?
>>
>>41127092
Yeah, pretty much. Or milk
>>
>>41127317

I'm lactose intolerant which is why I can't drink milk, so I guess water will have to do for now.
>>
Just get regular Whey Concentrate or Isolate, don't get memed on. What you really need to be doing to gain mass is just eating more in general. Eat eat eat.
>>
>>41127627

The problem isn't so much with eat, but rather the cost of it..

I'm a poorfag and I'm basically trying to find something that has at least 700 calories under $4.
>>
>>41127639
gallon of milk + lactaid
>>
>>41127639
>I'm a poorfag and I'm basically trying to find something that has at least 700 calories under $4.

700kcal for <4$ is merely >175kcal/$ which is absolute shit in cost-efficiency. There are foods that have >2000kcal/$. If it doesn't have to be something that requires zero preparation, then oats, rice and pasta are your friend for pure calories. If you're in the US, then this should be relevant to you:
http://efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/

Mass gainers are not cost-effective. Like all bullshit brand products, they are way overpriced. You should be able to get 3000kcal per day for less than 5$, including 1.8g of protein per kg of bodyweight. Get your micros for a multivitamin and omega-3 from fish oil caps. I spend 3.15-3.50€ on food and micronutrient supps per day including creatine.
>>
>>41127092
Blend the raw oats to a powder before adding the other ingredients. Otherwise the whole oats will make your shake quite lumpy.
>>
>>41126890
Fellow sinkie ex skele here. Don't buy from these local sites. They started out cheap and now they're big they get more ex.

Go to myprotein instead. They ship free to sg aBove $100. You can do this bro, I went from 45kg to 75kg. Still recovering from skeleton mode.
>>
>>41128120

Hey bro, I checked out the site but apparently it's even more expensive?!

Anyway that's good for you. I started off at 56, currently at 59 now. Feels bad knowing I'm always the smallest guy in the gym.
>>
>>41126796
Go home Spencer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.