[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is being /fit/ percieved by people in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: chadsethic.jpg (60KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
chadsethic.jpg
60KB, 250x350px
In the US, I get a lot of mires.

i heard in japan and certain asian countries, being swole as fuck makes people think u are gay or something, which is fucked up considering the prevalent culture of JPOP and KPOP.
>>
>>41122336
Interesting since Japs love sumo.
>>
>>41122336
I've had the cops called on me twice in Portland, OR for doing pull-ups at a playground, and one other time on a random fence
>>
>>41122336
Asian countries prioritize a nice face. I guess deep inside they known w/e you do you can't change the fucking ugly genes.
Their good looking kids get ALL the attention and social head-start they can, since they're so rare.

That reminds me, I need to go to Japan.
>>
>>41122537

Japan LOOKISM X 10000
>>
>>41122527
are you black per chance?
>>
Being /fit/ in Germany is either for lower class immigrants who actually put work into it or wealthy Germans who pay 80€/Month to be part of some sort of community without taking it serious.
Speaking about sports, literally everyone is doing some sort of team sports so that is not really special.

In a nutshell: Lifting is alright as long as you don't even do it nearly serious or you're gonna be a piece of shit

Source: I was laughed at and got shit on my last class group photo because I was the broadest.
>>
>>41122594
What a fucked up culture
>>
>>41122336
Masculinity is different in Asia. Sharp facial features, thick eye brows, a beautiful household, healthy family dynamic, a job that involves a leadership roles, etc. are more associated with masculinity. Excessive focus on physical beauty and musculature development is seen as homosexual and low class. Over the years western ideals are becoming more popular tho.
>>
>>41122594
German men are generally pretty fucking effeminate, guess that explains a lot.
>>
>>41122527
Are you black??
>>
>>41122583
No, but I'm irish white trash and was working my way out of homelessness so I was thin and looked like an outcast of society at the time

now my face is clean and people are a little more tolerant of me
>>
>>41122594
I've experienced that in continental Europe sans the communist block really down values lifting. Spain France Germany Italy good luck finding a strength culture like in America for example.
>>
>>41122594

Germany is TRULY KEKED.

There is no saving Germany.
>>
>>41122615
Well I find it hilarious when some turkbro walks in and benches 95kg for reps with inconsistent workouts in baggy clothing while the germans walk in in all gymcel gear benching half their Bodyweight.

>>41122661
Strength culture is only present amongst the Immigrants as it seems
>>
>>41122630

South Korea has a lot of focus on physical beauty . Just look at KPOP and their plastic surgery culture.
>>
>>41122594
you are doomed to extinction, I feel sorry for you
>>
Well, lifting/bb isn't that important in the grand scheme of modern things after all. Actually, it could be argued that it's just pure vanity.

It's not money, it's not a tight job, it's not an Olympic sport, it's not a rockstar band, it's not a high-end political position. It just gets you easier pussy and maybe stay healthier in the long run (if you don't train like shit and don't take drugs).

These cultures have prospered (and subsequently gone to shit) without it, and it'll continue being like that.
>>
>>41122907
>lifting is not an olympic sport
not with that attitude anon
>>
>>41122986
I should have been more clear. Lifting for bodybuilding/bodyimage purposes is not an Olympic Sport.
But go ahead, ignore everything and focus on the little stuff.
>>
File: 1487409283330.jpg (85KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
1487409283330.jpg
85KB, 500x673px
>>41122864
>yfw I'm Turk
>>
>>41123098
this only proves my point further!
>>
Everyone I know in Ireland is pretty supportive of me getting into lifting. Sure there's a few jokes like "Massiiiiive" but it's all in good taste. The only fella I know who's been mocked for going to the gym gets mocked for just messing around all the time. All the girls love a guy who lifts. My Nana even said I'm looking "big and strong just like your uncle" My uncle's been doing backbreaking physical labour all his life, I've been lifting for six months
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.