[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your dad, /fit/. Does he lift?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 18

File: dadpls.jpg (110KB, 537x682px) Image search: [Google]
dadpls.jpg
110KB, 537x682px
Tell me about your dad, /fit/. Does he lift?
>>
no. p lazy. having heart problems, wont workout still.
>>
>>41120845
hes a scrawny manlet with severe social anxiety and poor social skills (possibly mild autism)

but hes also hard working, dependable and has done alot for me. I hope I can get him /fit/ now he has tons of free time due to retirement
>>
>>41120845
Nah
He's got arm problems and had surgery a couple months ago for it
>>
nah he has a busted knee and a bad back since he was a teenager

he does walk a lot though
>>
>>41120845
nah, he's a retard
>>
>>41120845
He's on pushing daisies x eternity m8.
>>
My dad has always been huge.
The gym is practically his second home.
I have a lot to live up to
>>
>>41120845
this is cringey reddit humor
>>
He was a national martial arts champion when he was my age. He wanted to either do that o become a pro soccer player and he had the abilities to do whichever, but he started working and making up excuses and stopped. He's regretful. He likes to exercise but he thinks it's fine to exercise and still eat like shit. He stopped drinking coke and now only drinks water since I started doing it. He's p. chill, sometimes beats me up at FIFA.
>>
Haven't seen dad since I was 9 lolololololol
>>
>>41121400

I want your dad op
>>
>>41121400
Sounds like a good dad bro
>>
>>41120845
how funny that some people can share similar emotions with animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ql1JG76EWY
>>
>>41121793

What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>41121348
>>41121400
>tfw no /fit/ dad to live up to
My dad has some old man strength but I think I'm already near his strength levels, already surpassed him in every other aspect
>>
>>41120845
My Dad used to be a semi-pro bodybuilder, I remember seeing all his trophies in the garage when I was younger, I never knew what they were from because they were higher than I could reach, but they were big trophies. We ended up losing the house in 2008, really sucked for my dad, all the stuff we couldn't put in our car got put into some storage unit that we could never recover.

I asked him about it years later, and he said the biggest trophy was a 2nd place in the Mr. Massachusetts contest. Being 21 now, and even thinking about the amount of work he put in to get there, amazes me. My aunts say I look just like him when he was younger, and I think that means more to me than they realize.

Other than that he was a really cool dude, played football in college, started his own construction company and I'm pretty sure he was part of a biker gang in his late 20's before he met my Mom. I'm actually gonna call him right now, I haven't talk to him in a while..
>>
>>41120845
My 78yo Dad
>trained soldiers to fight in Vietnam
>ended his physical activity with that
>considers screwing around on his tractor a workout
>is more wealthy then some Caribbean countries thanks to Rain Man like autism with investing money.
>>
My dad died when I was 13 after he tried to kill me. He was a manlet too.
>>
>>41122161

Story?
>>
>>41122161
cant you read? he was a manlet. the manlet police came and took him to the gulag
>>
>>41120845
He probably has higher test than me because his frame is huge compared to mine and he has bigger biceps than me without working out.
>>
>>41122249
Not much of a story really. He got really abusive once I started getting taller than him, and one day when my mom wasn't home he exploded, ripped me out of my computer chair, threw me on the bed and tried to strangle me. I almost dislocated his jaw when I kicked him, and then he left. Died of cancer a couple months later.
>>
>>41120922
Like father, like son
>>
>>41122295
Lucky duck.
>>
>>41121418
Jokes on you the most fucked up people i have met are fatherless especially girls
>>
No, he works super hard to support 4 children and fully put us through college. Legit my role model, even if he gets on my nerves sometimes.
>>
>>41122312
Right? The worst shit was dealing with the guilt for the next couple of years. I was homeschooled, so I didn't know what was normal and what wasn't. I ended up getting paranoid I was some kind of sociopath for not giving a shit.
>>
My dad has heart problems from eating too much and not doing as much exercise as he used to. Used to be swole even at 50 and was a pro soccer player for years, now he's kinda fat. Sad but he doesn't really give enough of a shit. Love the genes he gave me though.
>>
>>41120845
Nah but he hikes, runs, and bikes.
>>
>>41122319
respect
>>
>>41122337
It took me a long time to realize my life wasn't normal as well.
I saw my father mid heart attack once when I was 18, turned around, and went back to my room. Unfortunately, my mom found him seconds later and called 911.
>>
My dad is an emotionally abusive sociopath, i bump into him sometimes and he tries awkward small talk but i don't give any fucks because i know he just wants money.
>>
My dad is my gym Buddy actually
>>
>>41120845
>my dad
>military brat, his dad was in vietnam (army ranger, got two Purple Hearts)who had kids young, my dad was the first.
>grew up in Alaska and North Carolina on military bases, plenty of people who lift
>short scrawny kid, he got beat up a lot.
>his dad decides to retire from military, moves out to California, works in law enforcement
>my dad is in 10th or 11th grade at this point, decides to join the wrestling team
>still gets in fights a lot, but now he wins
>starts lifting
>gets pretty big
>he even tried some amateur body building, but decided it wasn't for him.
>at this point he's in college on GI bill, wrestles, studies agriculture.
>decides he has to succeed in life, and that he's going to work his way up in the world.
>meets a blonde girl, dates her for two years, decides to marry her.
>they get married in a courthouse, no ceremony.
>live in the cheapest place they can find for a while, until my dad found a high paying job.
>Mom gets pregnant, has a girl
>my dad is, meanwhile, learning everything he can about business.
>he is finally able to start his own agribusiness, based on an idea he has about how to trade commodities differently than anyone else.
>it starts to do well, dad hires all his buddies, moves into a better neighbourhood.
>after a bit, my mom has a second child, a son (me)
>dad sells his company, starts another one with an expanded operation, new properties, etc.
>does very, very well
>has third kid, another daughter
>moves to a rich neighborhood, gets a big ass house, all the shit he could want
>the only thing is, after having a second kid, he stopped lifting
>I still remember how built he was when I was a kid though, and when I was in high school I got into lifting
>he taught me everything he knew
>I'm now 19, and my dad has started lifting again
>still pretty strong, even at 50 he benches 2pl8
>I still look up to him
If I'm half the man he was, I know I'll be a success.
>>
>>41120845
Girl needs that shirt, looks like she's 12 and already on the brink of sluthood.
>>
>>41122295
.... I can't believe that small man syndrome can get that severe... fuck dude, I feel for you. If you get the chance you must be a better father.
>>
>>41120845
My 'dad' is a failure. It wouldn't have even been so bad if he wasn't abusive when I was younger. He isn't a complete douche now, but it's not like he is trying to make up for it. I'm over him. Made it difficult to make a life for myself, though. Still in that process at 28.
>>
File: 1470530917496.jpg (350KB, 1291x1547px) Image search: [Google]
1470530917496.jpg
350KB, 1291x1547px
Died before I was born.
No idea how I feel about him.
Sometimes I hate him so much and sometimes I wish he was here to just pat me on the back and say it's gonna be okay. Most the time it's just a kind of whatever feeling though.

>tfw you don't know those feels
>>
Pops is a 2nd Dan in Judo and definitely did strength training along with it cause he competed in nationals at 90 kg and 100 kg. He's also a chemical engineer. Broke his heart when I told him I wanted to be a medic instead of an engineer. Oh well at least we still have judo in common.
>>
No he's a fat fuck with a delusional mind. He cannot stand without complaining about his back and telling everyone he meets about it and he burps every 5 seconds.
>>
Former alcoholic who almost died of a heart attack and then got as fit as a man in his 50s can. I appreciate everything he did raising me and despite his shortcomings he did a great job.

Not sure why all the daddy hate but this definitely makes me understand why I meet so few "men" in their 20s.
>>
>>41120845
no he's a fat fuck
>>
>>41122755
You will make it anon. Having loving parents that care about you is truly one of the greatest blessing anyone could hope for.
>>
dad was dirt poor in his youth but he still lifted.
started working in ships.
I didn't actually meet him until i was 16: pear shaped / auschwitz mode.
he was like, "why so skinny"
I was like, "wasn't it your job to guide me"
>>
>>41120845
>My dad was a hippy for a while until he decided to join the marines (just after Vietnam) because he needed a job.
>Marines basically changed how he lived his life.
>Got stationed in Okinawa.
>Unlike the other marines, he actually tried to get to know the country, to the point where he would backpack through Japan, and occasionally take the ferry to South Korea. Made a bunch of friends with the locals.
>Hang gliding, jogging, and Kung Fu have been his hobbies for decades. Still does all of them to this very day even though he just hit 60 years old.
>Loves fitness but is a bit naive about it. Has some muscle but remains mostly skinny for most of his life. Probably because he primarily does cardio and eats one meal a day. He even mentioned how back in his 20's, he would eat McDonalds every single day, but that would be his only meal today.
>A bit autistic though. Doesn't really have too many friends. Not exactly the best at talking to people. Has a very very cringey sense of humor. He's a man that truly lives for his hobbies.
>Makes a point to not be as fat as his family. All of them have diabetes, extremely overweight.
>I'm glad he taught me how to jog. Specifically he taught me how to jog for the therapeutic properties, like runner's high. It really helped me through all the problems I've had in high school and college. Probably would've become an alcoholic if I never learned how to jog.
>He's a great guy.
>>
>>41125784
Dude I'm from Okinawa, what if we're half brothers
>>
>>41120845
No, he's strong though. He's a commercial fisherman.
>>
>>41120845
My dad did TRT for a couple months a few years ago. He's a pretty pudgy dude, but god dad strength, and got off them before he got crazy results.

But, after his first workout, his forarms and calves grew to an insane size. Honestly, probably 4 inches on both. Incredible vascularity on both of them despite being nearly 40% bf. Really makes me wonder how I'd do on them.
>>
No but he can run faster than I can since he plays tennis several times a week. He's really in shape and p strong too
>>
>>41126220
Oh yeah and he's genuinely a 10/10 dad, very supportive and strict when he needs to be. He's my role model desu
>>
>>41122870
>2nd dan
>nationals
ask me how I know you're lying
>>
File: sad guy.png (208KB, 703x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad guy.png
208KB, 703x480px
>>41120851
same
>>
>>41124147
Wow, good response, lol.

>XD
>>
My dad was fucking massive in his prime. Then he got into cocaine and went downhill. I'll probably following the same path, but until then, WHEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>41120845
Does turning in your grave count as lifting?
>>
>>41120845
Not anymore, but he got me into lifting
>>
File: feeling feels in the morning.jpg (11KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
feeling feels in the morning.jpg
11KB, 286x176px
>>41120845
He hasn't, but he's been doing a lot of cardio recently since he was diagnosed with diabetes. He actually made an effort to lose weight and lose about 20 pounds. He was mostly a tech geek growing up. He does seem to approve of me lifting and getting fit far more than my mother.

That's my stepfather though (adopted me, cool as fuck and the person I actually look up to as my father). I don't know if my biological father lifted, I just know I'm tall as fuck thanks to him.
>>
he's based as fuck, does yoga and cycles basically everywhere so very healthy.

very wise but not so much when it comes to excercise, looks like he has a bit of a beer gut its almost 100% muscle because he does a bunch of core/ab exercises but not much else, he borrows my dumbbells roughly every other day but only does curls.
>I just want to maintain tone anon
how do i convince him that he's only going to maintain bicep tone by doing that
>>
>>41120845
doesnt lift, but does tons of caliesthenics.
also does a bunch of cardio, running every day and commuting to work on bike, think theres like 40km to his work.
he's also hiking a lot.

always proud when i hit a new pr, he's a cool dude
>>
>>41122118
Awe
>>
He was active when he was younger, after he was in the Navy he started lifting weights a lot. He is old but is very strong, he was very happy when I started lifting weights and told him about my plan to join the Navy. He told me he never encouraged me to be physically fit (I was a lazy fat ass growing up) because it was supposed to be my own damn decision to make something of myself, looking back I am thankful for that lesson.
>>
He's an obese engineer who did a little gymnastics in his 20's. He has the worst nutrition advice and is an all round complete dick.
>>
>>41120845
No, but he works on his feet all day even with his severe arthritus problems.
>>
>>41126033
Sounds like you might have great roid genes.
>>
File: samjack_cc_045_pt1_1.jpg (25KB, 728x399px) Image search: [Google]
samjack_cc_045_pt1_1.jpg
25KB, 728x399px
>still benches 2.5 pl8 at 55
>compsci engineer
>kept family together for 20+ yrs
>handyman
>taught me value of research and learning things for yourself
>can almost rebuild a car, engine in all
>can fix almost anything now.
>dad says don't worry about women, just money sinks with a way to make kids.
>never said much ever growing up. Thought he didn't like me
>day b4 college
>"I'm proud of you son. "
>took him 18 years for him to say that to my face
>i love you dad
>>
From what I've heard and his previous career choice, he used to be an absolute stud. But he can't do anything now as his bodies fucked from numerous deployments and a bad motorcycle accident which shattered his arm.
>>
From what I've heard, he was a green beret, he used to be an absolute stud. But he can't do anything now as his bodies fucked from numerous deployments and a bad motorcycle accident which shattered his arm.
>>
>>41130321
>"I'm proud of you son. "
>took him 18 years for him to say that to my face

My dad is the same way. Doesn't really bother me all that much, because I can tell when he's proud of me. He sort of gets embarrassed and just nods good job, that's about it. It's funny because he only seemed to open up to me and be more friendly once I graduated college and stopped living living off of the family payroll.
>>
>>41130498
Its bc he only commented when i fucked something up, being a little kid at that fucked me up. He was only around on weekends bc business trips
>>
File: 1480437714284.jpg (23KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1480437714284.jpg
23KB, 400x388px
>he's getting old and fat
>talk to him about it every now and then
>''I'm happy with how I look'' bs responses every time
>he's larger every time I see him
>health problems started appearing
>tfw can't do anything but post about it on malaysian pistol shrimp appreciation board
>>
He used to be fit as fuck
Not anymore because he's getting old
>>
used to be really fucking good at tennis but then fucked his back up and now he does nothing
>>
>>41127588
This was before I was even born and he wasn't even a shodan then he would have been either a brown belt or a white belt. I don't know what country your from but the ranking system could be alot different. My Dad started around 8 years old and he said back then in his country(we live in Canada now) there was only white belt and black belt but no limits for stages once you reach Dan where as here in Canada we have a coloured belt system.
>>
He's like 300lbs with a shit diet but could probably beat my ass at arm wrestling. he worked in a foundry for over fifteen years before he got a public sector job.
>>
my dad is a complete loser
>5'8
>fat
>bald
>ugly
>shitty IT job
>>
>>41120845
Retired from the military so he's fairly fit for his age.
He's basically middle-aged Chad, banging milfs left and right.
>>
>>41120845
Idk, he went to the grocery store and I haven't seen him since. It's been 10 years.
>>
lol no. He's a physio which is decent in case I get injured which I haven't so far.
>>
>>41120885
Our fathers were very similar until you said yours was hardworking.
>>
File: nlwcv1p16-17.jpg (378KB, 1205x856px) Image search: [Google]
nlwcv1p16-17.jpg
378KB, 1205x856px
>dad was the best person I ever knew
>always took care of the family no matter what
>even after being getting cancer he still put us first
>tfw he's gone now
>tfw I'm the oldest male in my family
>>
>>41120845
>Tell me about your dad, /fit/. Does he lift?

I will never manage to achieve DAD STRONK. I love that old man. Literally has never let me down.
>>
>>41122755
How autistic does one have to be to write all that shit to random people
>>
>>41120845
doing computer stuff for a work means you will eventually fall out of shape
>>
File: dad and me.jpg (94KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
dad and me.jpg
94KB, 640x639px
>>41120845
My dad is the definition of bear mode. Pic is of my dad and I. I was 17, he was 54. Mans a freak, been lifting for over 35 years and does 8-12 sets per excercise. Never squated or DL in his life.
>>
Yeah, but it's in service of his rowing.
>>
>tfw grew up without a dad
>He was a drug addict who stole from ym baby sis before I was born
>got his life together and opened up a business
>met him when I was 16, seemed ok
>lost contact with him
>Found out I have an older half brother
>my brother threw his baby kid into a wall and gave it brain damage
>he's in prision for a long time
My father's side of the family is fucking stupid. My mother's side is filled with mentally unstable but hardworking people. My mother only got the smart and hardworking genes, same with my sister.
>>
>>41120845
Nah. He's dead and he didn't when he was alive.
>>
>>41122670
Mirin mate
>>
>>41132986
I think if he hadnt met my mum things could have been very different for him. she pushes him to do stuff. like investing in property to leave when they're gone

he'd have still been hard working, but probably be a depressed alcoholic too
>>
>>41120845
No.
But he has about the same amount of muscle of someone who's lifting for two or three years. He's not fat, he probably has less than average fat. He walks about seven or so miles every work day. He smokes and drinks. He used to do hard drugs because he's an old punk rocker. He far better than most people though still has some ice cream or puddings a few times per week.
>>
My dad's won bodybuilding competitions and he's very religious.

He scared me as a kid and was rough sometimes. It carried over. Got into lifting and talking about fitness in my early 20s and it's like the one of the things we can enjoyingly talk about.
>>
>>41122273
Kekd
>>
File: 1479297163465.jpg (19KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479297163465.jpg
19KB, 240x200px
No dad here, pushed myself into lifting.

And discipline, and asking girls out, and cooking...
>>
Dads side is hamplanet status
Moms side is alcoholic
Currently making it but I can feel it wearing on me every day bros, I just want to give in to the dad bod
>>
File: 1480868599373.jpg (70KB, 823x823px) Image search: [Google]
1480868599373.jpg
70KB, 823x823px
Dear ol' dad was a hockey player, pretty good too. Major league. Was a bit of a skeleton when he was young. He's fat now. But having a desk job dose that to a man. Handyman, taught me a lot about cars and being a man. Pretty chill guy. Wish he was a bit more healthy, he'd be a pretty chill guy for a lot longer that way...
>>
>>41120845
I don't know my dad, just his name and what he looks like. Looked him up, he was a suspect in a stabbing about 10 years ago. Can't find him on Facebook.
>>
>>41120845
If i beat up her manlet dad does she become my bride?
>>
>>41120845
>If I go to the gym and work up a sweat, that's enough I guess. I just do cardio, a few pushups and curls, ya know. I think that's all I really need, everyday, every week. I miss a few days or skip a day or two when I'm feeling sick busy, but I tell ya I keep a pretty good schedule for years on end.
I can't get him to try lifting weights. He just doesn't see the point. At least he still loves going to the gym.

>>41134534
Is your dad named Buddy, and was he a goon?
>>
>>41120845

use to lift and looked pretty big from what I've seen in old pictures. Had to stop due to me being born and having to work a lot to take care of the family. that and my mom apperantly said she didn't like my dad getting too big, so that was the final nail in the coffin.

I think some of his old weights are still in the garage
>>
He nowadays smokes 6 packs of cigarettes per day. He's been smoking since he was 18 and now is mid 60's. Its a miracle he is still alive and cancerfree imo
>>
>>41120845

No. He use to be pretty active back in the day though.

He has retained much of his strength and hardened over the years but he doesnt do much lifting. Now he is just a solid ageing man.

I'll bet the fucker could have put up some major power though had he dedicated more of his time to proper lifting as he went through his thirties and forties.
>>
>>41122161
manlets never win, are you taller than h3 was
>>
>>41132897
same. +alcoholic.
>>
>>41120845
He's a great man who has always been there for me, and morally, he is my role model.

...But he's fat as all fuck and shows no signs of wanting to improve. It's actually surprising he's made it to being this old. I love him very much and i live in fear of him just dropping dead one day.

That said, he hasn't had any heart issues yet so maybe he'll be able to last longer than i expect.
>>
My dad is hungry skelton but he is fit. He still runs under 5 min for a mile in his 50s
>>
>>41129000
checked. also, your dad sounds cool.
>>
File: AngryCry.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
AngryCry.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Hes a high powered financial exec, ex d1 athlete, and fun as hell to shoot the shit with, drink beer and generally hang out with. Couldn't have asked for a better dad growing up.

But hes 230 at 5'9", a smoker and has awful eating habits.

He keeps trying to quit and get in shape but can never manage to stick with it.
He even got under 200 once but gained it all back after he fucked his calf up playing squash.

Hes gonna die before his time /fit/. I know it, my siblings know it, its gonna kill me inside.
>>
>>41125909
Why? does your father have a similar backstory?
>>
my Dad is 6'2 230lbs and was an alcoholic drywall delivery guy... he could pick up 2 sheets of the 12 foot 5/8 on his own which I thought was really strong when I was younger.. turns out its only like 250lbs, but then again he also moved about 700-800 of them a day so that is quite a bit of volume.. now he just sits around and smokes while watching tv. He doesnt drink and owns a lawn mowing company, barely works except in the summers. Fortunately grandpa was rich so he is living off that.
>>
>>41120845
Mine does 1000 pushups a day
>>
File: dear_diary.gif (14KB, 315x260px) Image search: [Google]
dear_diary.gif
14KB, 315x260px
>I'm one of the few family members that will still talk to him
>He's always been a horrid, full-time drunk but is still capable of conversation and I want nothing from him so I don't mind seeing him occasionally
>Catch up with him when I fly home recently; organise lunch
>He doesn't show. Ring him. He's drunk at midday. For some reason now wants to show
>Since I last saw him he now looks like one of those alcoholics you see in the street and pity
>Spend the lunch trying to get him to see that he has a problem and needs to make different choices or he will die. He spends the whole time making excuses: "I had eight days off alcohol! Eight days!"
>Find out later that afterward he threatened to kill himself and the cops got involved
>He now refers to me as "that little dickhead" and won't discuss me

It's weird having a father that has the emotional maturity of a teenager. It's a pity because it affects my sisters, who I suspect still kinda want some sort of validation from him. I just find the whole thing a bit absurd
>>
>>41120845
Not anymore. He had really bad arthritis in his hip that caused him to get a hip replacement at 45.
Growing up he coached us in soccer and baseball.
He grew up playing every sport and boxing
In college he and his brother set several weightlifting records at his school for seated military press.
He fenced saber for his university and won several titles, then quit due to knee injury.
Overall he's an amazing man. Loves my mother dearly, mentors young married couples at his church, is surrogate father figure to many of my childhood friends who had absent fathers. He taught me how to fish and box and build furniture (oh yeah, he builds blue ribbon winning hardwood furniture. Them handcut dovetails.) And he's COO and CFO of a good sized company.
My dad is so based.
>>
He does the ironman races

I still don't know how to swim
>>
My dad was a 6'4" and lanky as hell in high school, joined the Marines couple years after he graduated and bulked up. Was always in really good shape. Ran his own remodeling company by himself till he died of cancer.
>>
>>41125784
>My dad was a hippy for a while until he decided to join the marines (just after Vietnam) because he needed a job.

My dad was hippy Chad. Football star in high school. Big into playing baseball and stuff like rowing machines. He was that dude working out in work boots, at Bally's, 8:00 am every day.

He let his Lyme Disease go untreated and it basically destroyed decades of effort. We go kayaking sometimes, but he's not the guy I remember.
>>
File: 1482650819657.gif (253KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
1482650819657.gif
253KB, 447x415px
>>41136497
FUCK YOU

I HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DEADBEAT LEECH UNTIL HE CROAKS AND YOU GET TO HAVE A COOL DAD
>>
Yeah. Mostly powerlifting stuff and some oly work. He used to run long distance, but his ankle is fucked now, so he got into lifting late in life. I'm stronger than him, and when he asks me for lifting advice, it makes me feel good.
>>
File: 1492438391060.jpg (20KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492438391060.jpg
20KB, 480x640px
>>41136696
He would probably be willing to mentor you as long as you don't use crass language with him.
When I was visiting home recently my dad had an hour long phonecall with a childhood friend of mine who recently got a new job. My dad had kind of mentored him because his dad was abusive and abandoned his family when he was a teen.
Need a father figure anon?
>>
>>41120845
He is DYEL but has massive calves, bigger than mine and I lift, he didnt pass those genes on to me Feels bad.
>>
Wouldn't know.
Btw I'm not black.
>>
First time poster in /fit.

My dad passed away when i was 12. He used to be a bigger guy but towards the end of his life he bulked hard. I'm talking after work every day hitting the gym, total diet overhaul, the whole shabang.

Meanwhile i'm a /fatfuck that's trying to cut weight and gain any sort of motivation he had. Here's hoping i can.
>>
Used to be in Airborne, then worked for a bit on his own business, decided to start lifting as a hobby 9 years ago, got me into it as I look up to him massively, hes currently at 107kg cutting to 100. Why havent you got a /fit/ dad?
>>
>>41120845
he's in prison.
so... probably?
>>
>>41136958

How did he die?
>>
Stressed hardworking guy that could probably cave my skull in with one punch despite only lifting on and off over the years. Also sometimes a complete psychopath who decides to be pissed off for no reason, and then really happy.
>>
>>41137122
your dad is bipolar
>>
My dad could bench 295 in highschool. He's fat now.
>>
My dad is small. So am I, but Im broad, and lift against our shitty genetics.

He is about 5' 8" 135lbs and is currently on TRT for age management.

He played in bands for around a decade before I was born, became an RT, started a few businesses, and is semi-retired. Our net worth is around 5-6 mil depending on the market. He is extremely smart, but can sometimes be a bit distant and lack empathy as he is extremely practical. He also has a good sense of humor, and never did wrong by me.

Both him and my mom routinely let me know they dont want me to feel pressured by them, so I work twice as hard. Secretly, I often wish they would die in a plane crash because Im overwhelmed with stress regarding my career and if they passed I would take te money and dissappear. I hate that I feel this way, and recognzie it is because I am growing weak in face of my struggles
>>
>>41133732
Nice jealousy you autistic faggot, did daddy just up and leave you?
>>
my dad looks damn good for being mid 50s. however, he doesn't lift, has bad blood pressure (or something like that) and he's put on some weight in the past few years. :(
>>
>>41120845
Nothing like sexualizing your pubescent daughter
>>
-religious
-alcoholic (ii'm the enabler who enjoy microbrewery)
-still grow up poor
-work at offshore rig at 65, and not plan to retire
-still depend on me, always waiting for me to do thing with me such hunting, fishing and trip and etc

i'm not sure if i have shitty dad or not.
>>
>>41120845
Lying druggie who's been living with his sister for the past ten years, he tried shooting himself in the head, and couldn't even do that right. I haven't seen him since I was in the second grade, and I don't plan on changing that. Maybe he's a nice guy, but I've heard nothing positive about him for as long as I can remember.

But he's a former army guy, so now he's fit as fuck.
>>
>>41133732
i liked his story but
>fucking kek
>>
Yeah. He's in better shape in his 50s than most young people.

>tfw dad still lifts more than me despite weighing less
Gives me something to aim for.
>>
File: 1491782077399.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1491782077399.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
He's dead.
>>
He's a severe alcoholic. Comes back from rehab tomorrow. He's also dying from colon cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Always chose the drink over me. Thanks dad.
>>
>>41138313
Yeah and who told you all these horrible things about him? Your single mother?
>>
>>41122161
they never learn
>>
>>41133783
>Never squated or DL in his life.

so he doesn't actually lift
>>
>>41120845
Lifts concrete and stones, bout it
>>
>>41137087
By his own vices. You can read between the lines on that one. There was nothing left behind so i'll never know why. Sometimes i get super pissed off over it, but other times i'm like "well it made me stronger" i ended up cutting 60 lbs in sr year of highschool. University however has been stacking the weight back on. I need to get my diet and routine back.
>>
>>41120845
>if you harm my daughter you'll be getting these hands my friend
>>
>>41120845
Fuck this cuck ass manlet, I'm 6 foot and know cra migaw, so what "stay clear boys" bitch stay clear of ME! How about that. Respond if you agree
>>
>Dad was a manlet up until his Jr year of high school where he grew to 6'3"
>Always athletic did football, track, wrestling
>Played college football at Notre Dame
>Told me before he decided to quit playing football his Jr year of college to focus on his education that he benched 455lbs and could squat 735lbs
>Saw pictures of him in is high school/ college days and the dude was a fucking mass of muscles
He's almost in his 60s and doesn't lift anymore but will do cardio and has been eating better. He wants to start lifting with me so thats pretty cool
>>
>>41120845
Wow the look of defeat on her face, wish I had a jacked dad though.

>Always loved fitness
>Raised by DragonBall Z
> Never saw my dad /fit/ but claims he was before I was born
>Dad is an ass hat and constantly reminds me and my brothers he's an alpha male who our girlfriends want to bang
> Join the Marines get super into fitness
> Visit dad
>Workout, he can't bench 135 he's 6 foot around 200
> Doubt everything he's ever told me
>>
>>41120845
My dad is shorter than I amby about 4 inches, has leathery skin from working in the sun for so many years, and hasn't exercised in probably 30 years. He's not fat as fatass, but he's definitly chubby. He's got two motorcycles and slays more pussy than I ever have.

I want to die.
>>
>>41120845

he is weak faggot and i have no respect for him in any regard.

he makes 200k€ year and started asking rent money for living in my childhood house just when i became 18yo and was a jobless student. needless to say i took student loan and moved right away.

i still love my mom though but i will never give anything to my dad and i will never ask anything from him.
>>
>>41120845
>dad is a handyman
>can fix anything, have plenty of jobs
>likes to be in the nature, and work with his hands
>have a bad marriage, often fight with my mother
>I started boxing
>my boxing coach said I was the biggest talent he ever trained
>won matches one after the another
>always told dad to watch me fight
>he was always working, never had time for this
>then he got another job, and had more free-time and money
>he promised to go now
>he had a deadly car accident on his way to my fight
>I stopped boxing
>got fat and generally unpleasant to be around
>>
File: joshuamiels2.jpg (134KB, 721x721px) Image search: [Google]
joshuamiels2.jpg
134KB, 721x721px
>>41141454
That really isn't your fault, bro.

He wouldn't want to see this having such an impact on your success.
>>
yeah I've been a fat ass most of my life and when I started going to the gym my dad would call me every day asking about my routines and giving me nutrition advice
>>
File: 1315038494836.jpg (3KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1315038494836.jpg
3KB, 160x120px
>>41122295
>not wanting your son to be taller than you
>>
>>41120845
Biological dad is potentially the biggest burning sack of sloppy dog shit this side of the hemisphere.
Ex Stepdad is chill, short & bubble gut due to meds from smoking most of his life.
Mothers current bf is DYEL as fuck.
Latter 2 though have given sage advice & been consistently nurturing in my life so no beef there.
>>
>>41141233
Yeah man you're right fuck this clown you're probably would fuck his shit in!
Fuck him manlet shit, probably s cuck ass well on that.
Surprised more guys aren't responding to this guy he knows what's up and I don't even know him.
>>
he is a 6 ft. retired high school Chad with a full head of hair and is literally the strongest motherfucker i know.
>tfw balding at 20 and have poor genetics from thiccmode mom
>>
>>41120845
He was a scrawny guy most of his life, then got fat in his 50s. Doesn't lift shit but is capable of miscellaneous feats of strength that leave me speechless.

Last summer I helped him move a 200kg stove up a flight of stairs. I was dying halfway through and he asked me if we need to stop so I can take a breathen.
>>
>>41120885
Mine is the same, also very hard working.
Luckily my mom is tall though so both me and my brother are 6ft+
>>
>>41142764
It's actually very typical for an abusive father to either
>A: Become apologetic about previous abuse
>B: Pretend that abuse did not happen
or
>C: Lash out like his dad did

when the son becomes strong enough to fight back
>>
>>41122866
You hate him for dying?
>>
>>41142999
Dis guy know what up, I ain't even him before you say that
>manlet detected inb4
>>
>>41146102
Speaks the truth, you are all cucks
>>
Well I mean, he's an utter cunt to me and every other member of the family as well as being low key racist, but he's been lifting twice a day since age 17. He's 49 now.
>>
>>41122295
>I almost dislocated his jaw when I kicked him

dang nice hit
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.